Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

The only "restriction" I have in my "diet" is de-caffeinated coffee ... made that change years ago to help with the anxiety ... and for me it does ...

If I accidently drink a caffeinated beverage it can send me over the moon ...

TM ... I can get the burning in my nose and sometimes all through my sinus areas ... only occasionally now ... used to be much worse when it happened ...

I have had the tinnitus stuff for many years ... comes and goes ... mine is the loud buzzing, static kind of noise ... and sometimes I think I am hearing a radio station ... sort of weird ... mostly just a nuisance ...

Don't know if mine is drugged related or not, I suspect not ... if anything mine is probably connected to childhood stuff ...

Never have figured out any sort of pattern ... it just comes and goes ... one of those cyclic things with its own agenda ...

Chicken Stew ...

I make my own chicken stock ... a bone broth really ...

And I buy four to five pound chickens so there is always leftover meat in the freezer ... we can get five or six meals off one roasted chicken ...

1 - chopped up some veggies in bite size pieces ... carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, whatever you like or have ... and mince up a lot of garlic ...

2 - depending on how much stew you are making, "sweat" the veggies in the stew pot with some butter on low heat for 15 or 20 minutes ... and then add some flour and mix it for a bit to cook off the flour taste ... add the chopped chicken ...

3 - add some broth slowly until things reach the consistency you want for the stew ... simmer slowly for a while ...

I am mostly a "seat of the pants" cook, don't measure much, just sort of a do it until it tastes and looks good ...

If you like your stew a bit on the darker side you can add some tamari or soya sauce to darken it a bit ... I don't use any seasonings because the veggies have their own rich taste and the stock already tastes quite good ... and the butter brings things together ...

Roasted Squash Soup ...

This one is very easy ... and you may feel like you have died and gone to heaven after having a bowl or two ...

I use butternut squash ... they are the sweetest to my taste ...

1 - cut squash in half lengthwise ... clean out seeds and pulp ... place in baking tray on some tin foil cut side up ... baste with some butter ... roast in oven at 400 degrees for about an hour ... after 40 minutes or so check for doneness ... until things are soft all the way through ...

2 - after squash is done let it cool for a while ... mince up an onion or two and put in soup pot with squash you have scooped out of the skin ... add about a litre or so of chicken stock ... simmer slowly for a while until things come together ...

3 - let things cool down again and puree in food processor or a blender ... return to pot and warm again ... do not eat more than four bowls at a time ... too much of a good thing can lead to "dependence" ...

4 - once again I do not add any seasonings ... things are rich enough for me all on their own ...

Good morning Nova....it's 415am here...I am up with a dull headache and joint pain ( RA I think rather than w/d...or a virus ...or all three..  who knows)....got your tea?...I have my latte..  it's still night time outside. ...too early to take the dog out. So I was scrolling through....and there you were with your light on zen-ing with the anxiety and arm pain.

You are sure having a go around with this antibiotic wave...so sorry Nova.  ...I made some white chocolate chip/cranberry cookies ....a favorite of my oldest grandson....sending you some. ....My daughter is just getting over an upper respiratory virus and she tried some EmergenC Nite....it has melatonin in it. She said it helped her..  I passed on it because I am loathe to try anything. ....

I have learned so much from you in these 2 years Nova.....I just wanted to stop by your kitchen with some cookies and sit with you ..  I am beginning to learn to live with some level of anxiety on a random basis....if it's a panic all bets are off. I guess that's a positive in this....we are so much tougher than we thought.

I hope you get some more sleep and wake up to a better day. .....Once again, thank you for being here with us....

Is your weather still wet? ...Winter is right on the verge here. I am not a huge winter fan....I start thinking about my garden in Jan. ...all the seed catalogs... planting scenarios etc...keeps me going until April....  It's really hard to get myself out the door now in the morning for my dog....but once I am out there it's worth it. I have a neck wrap that goes in the micro...I heat that up, put it in my jacket, pull up my hood, mittens are required now, get my coffee and out we go. It's the joy in life for my old dog....he prance around like he thinks he's a puppy again so it's worth it....

Thinking of you Nova.....carry on dear friend.......coop

Thanks nova....for recipes....can I come for dinner.....just wishing......

Coop .....sorry about tinnitus.....haven't had problems with it....

So.....is herbal tea ok? Been drinking some chamomile tea.....hoping it's ok....it's getting a little  like fall here....does anyone have a favorite herbal tea they would like to share...when looking at choices it gets  confusing....

Everyone ......have a great day....sending healing hugs!

TM

Hi Coop ... decided to go out and do some errands ... suffering or not ... got everything done ... did not die ...  :laugh:

Cranberry and white chocolate cookies ... you can come and stay any time ... I can certainly be bribed ...  :thumbsup:

TM ... I am really fond of rose hip tea ... does not seem to set me off ...

I use the chamomile tea to help me "slow down" when things get a little stirred up ...

Found this last night ...

Jeanne Achterberg ...

... that we are healed not by medicine but by the bonds we create with each other: care, love, trust, hope, belief, and all the other invisible facets that have lost favor in modern medicine ...

Had terrible night of anxiety. Seemed like anticipatory anxiety over a 10am meeting.  It wasn't even a hard meeting. I cxled it or rather my asst will handle and I'm taking the day off. Feel like a failure especially after doing so well.

Drew ... for the umpteenth time ... we are not a failure ... even when we feel like one ...  :thumbsup:

I got really pissed off this morning ... decided to go out ... went to put on my backpack and my right should lit off with pain ... really nasty ... and I felt completely defeated ...

And went out anyway ... just used a different bag ... we do what we can ... we have the feelings and moods we have ... and we carry on as best we can ... we take care of ourselves moment to moment ...

Sometimes we take the day off, sometimes we go out anyway ... in the grand scheme of things it probably just does not matter which we chose for ourselves today ...

We are not slacking off, we are not hiding out ... we are taking care of ourselves ...  :smitten:

Thx nova...this whole process just takes it toll.  No way out but through.  I spoke to my therapist who said I'm not exhibiting "avoidance" behaviors.  That would be where I cxl and never do the things I cxl on. He said I'm strategic about taking care of myself. Sometimes I meet them head on, sometimes a swerve, and other times I take another road.  He mentioned when I'm feeling good that I'm doing all the things I want/need to do.

We also discussed how my bad periods aren't as often which is a great measure of a slow healing process. 

When feeling that chemical crap we all know it seems there is no end in sight so we get down. I know rationally it will end but emotionally it got me

Hi everyone,

I haven’t posted for a while as I haven’t felt able to. I know that sounds daft but have not been able to think straight so don’t know what to say and I don’t want to just keep repeating myself with the same old rubbish over and over. I’m tired beyond tired and cannot sleep hardly. I too am plagued with physical stuff that is also bothering me in the night. I just feel worn and decrepit and I’m neither in my non wd world.  Everything that is described by my fellow sufferers, I can relate to. This week has been another tough one, my son has been ill and I just cannot cope with anything out of the ordinary, my brain just fries. It is so hard just trying to pretend you are coping when you feel like you are dying a very slow death. Anyway he is on the mend now as are we and every day is another day that does not have to be repeated. Just wish I could go to sleep and wake up and this was all over. Oh and toxic naps are the pits, had one yesterday when I got home from work, couldn’t help it. I felt like I’d been hung, drawn and quartered and then had to cook ugh. 

keep going buddies  :smitten:  :smitten:

Drew don't say you're a failure, because no way you are. I understand how you feel and I said recently to ian Singleton that I feel like a loser and he said, good grief, you are a winner and you will look back when you are the improved version of you and say to yourself; how the hell did I do that and you will feel so proud and fantastic. I have spoken to them this week as I have been so crappy and will post more when i have more time and can think a bit clearer as my brain is cement at the moment  :crazy:

Marj, I LOVE that you talk to Ian!!! He's awesome!! :smitten:

Drew, just hang loose. Had a week of anxiety hit hard about three weeks ago. Then POOF! Back to baseline again. :idiot: I don't get it. But I don't have to. It is just part of healing.

Love to you,

Mrs. :smitten:

Drew,  don't get yourself down!  Your doing fantastic and just keeping your job throughout this is so very impressive!  I wish I had your strength!  Keep going you are doing such an amazing job! 

And, don't worry about advoidance behavior, your not doing that! I promise I know far to much about it, lol!   

:smitten:

Yes.....I agree Drew....your doing  so good....not many of us can work...breath...and have a great relationship....your one of the few that makes me laugh....which sadly I do  very little of....I just want to give you a big healing hug...

Marj.....sending you hugs too......

I'm getting worried that the burning mouth, throat,gum thing ....is know moved into my chest and nose is still bothering me....wondering if cold has something to make it worse....but I swear when I breath in....there is a strong like chemical inside me....it burns....what is this....try to carry on when I sides for chemically being destroyed....don't get this...I didn't cough much during sleep...throat felt better when I woke up....but chest is tight ...and burning inside...hope this isn't sign of chest infection...any thoughts..

Ian...where again his he? Is it hard to call through?

As far as herbal tea...bought the asst fruit flavors...didn't really care for any...I lovee black tea....there sure is a difference in  flavor with decaf...grrrrr.

Hugs! TM

Hugs! TM

Thanks all :smitten:  it just caught up w me as I was feeling so clear minded w no anxiety.  I was looking forward to meeting these clients and I am supposed to perform tonight after being out for three months. I also paid for a massage which I may not use.  Ugh.  Just so frustrated today as the DR is the heaviest in a long time. If I didn't make those plans I wouldn't be so upset. I need to get into the city to grab my computer so I can work from home tomorrow just fu#king annoyed with the benzo beast really walloping me.  Rant over I suppose. Not much humor today :sick:

Feeling like the biblical Job ... up all night with this bursitis-like pain in neck and shoulder ... keeps floating in and out ... nothing seems to help ... and the screaming tinnitus has shown up ...

Head and gut pressure and the congestion ... feels like I am coming apart at the seams ... exhausted ...

So I sit here holding things together ... hoping for some respite ...

Feeling like the biblical Job ... up all night with this bursitis-like pain in neck and shoulder ... keeps floating in and out ... nothing seems to help ... and the screaming tinnitus has shown up ...

Head and gut pressure and the congestion ... feels like I am coming apart at the seams ... exhausted ...

So I sit here holding things together ... hoping for some respite ...

Nova, just keep on brother. The later the wave, the better the baseline after. I didn't believe that at first, but it's been happening for me like that these past few months :)  How is Mrs. Nova? Is she fairing well? I am still "transitioning" into this weather stil...Lol :) Winter happens every year; you'd think I'd be used to its entry by now!! :P

Anyways, hope you're feeling better soon :) Have a great day!!!

Mrs. :smitten:

Hi Mrs ... yes, winter is coming ... and only 49 shopping days until Christmas ...

Don't know about this better baseline after a wave stuff ... I don't seem to surface long enough to test those waters ...

Have a good day ... LL Bean has some comfy winter parkas in their catalogue ...

Hi Nova,

I'll join you in the pits, anxiety is crazy today with joint and muscle pain. I worry for my sanity sometimes. Going to try a walk. I too don't get this baseline thing, it's all crummy with a bit of a resbit here and there for me.

Stay strong, brave one  :smitten: