Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Jen ... I don't do a diet ... I eat real, whole food ... and cook it myself ... no processed stuff ...

Some days I feel like the train backs up a bit after it runs over me so it can do it again and again  ... all I can do is ride it out ... other days, no train ...

Serenity ... yep ... some of my walks turn out that way too ... we just do what we can ... and then have a cookie ... homemade of course ...

Hey just a thought?

I had a major panic attack last month! Thought I was actually going to die in the Hobby Lobby store! And the day before had a almost 100% window! Went out of town to the inlaws ect...  And before I left wasn't to the ENT who assured me my throat wasn't closing!  Now I think I have come to a pattern in my huge set backs!  I know, I know windows and waves but this is all to much of a coinincedence!

The ENT used a numbing agent in my nose and throat! ??..  And I had been rolling up and down for a while since October 1st or so!  Now much better but definitely went back quiet a bit!

I was also doing very very well Memorial Day wknd time frame and had been for a while! I came down with a horrible UTI which ended up as a wretched Kidney infection! Which I was treated with three different antibiotics, a dose of vicodine in the ER! And put on Cipro which I had no idea about this group of antibiotics starting with a Q? 

And have been struggling bad since then until a couple wks ago!

I'm ok now but not like I was before Memorial Day!

Idk just kinda hit me as I still react to gluten ect......  Well put two and two together and wow!

I am totally staying out of the clinic unless it's a life threatening emergency!

Honestly I don't even take Tylenol. But, I was kindof at the doctors mercy with the kidney infection as it was real bad but I guess I need to research stuff a bit better I guess if it something comes up again!

Any thoughts?

Sometimes we can pinpoint things such as meds and other times I have no clue. It all sucks.

I am home now but not before getting hit w a major panic attack while waiting in line for lunch. Handled it quite well.  Forgot how bad a full blown one is. Haven't had one in over a month. Not reading into it and know it's par for the course.  My days of feeling more good than bad ended three days ago.  Guess I'm in a period of more "healing". Ugh :tickedoff:

Hey Drew ... we know the panic stuff will likely clear up ... and it is such a mess when one hits out of the blue like that ...

Round and round we go ... Onward ...  :thumbsup:

Just saying hi to everyone.....heck just read about of post and I forgot what I read....just lovely

So why is it caffeine will take my headaches away....or settle them down to manageable levels..I shouldn't be having any but one somehow manages to happen just about everyday..

Nova....do you eat gluten?

Can I ask....has anyone every experienced a burning almost like sensation through the nose....sometimes I get this...when breathing in its sorta like a burning chemical...ok ...I have anxiety over this ...I really don't need another thing burning.....why oh why do I have this burning mouth,gums,throat....and I hope not nose too.....does anyone know whT benzo does this...still think its some bizarre disease I got from my extracted root canal....oh my benzo brain....

Serenity....how are your lips?

Would be nice if some how we could have a cookbook started on healthly meals...I struggle on meals when feeling so bad...it's just hard....

Hugs! TM

Nova,

Thank you so much for your response.  I will practice staying calm and not worrying.  Today has not been as gut-wrenching as previous four days, so maybe I'm on the down swing of this cortisol high alert anxiety.  Who knows?  Just going to hang in there like a monkey on a limb.

Love Sofa

My fav

One head of cauliflower in food processor!

In sauce pan,

2 tbs of oil. Olive, or sesame oil

1 chopped onion

1 cup frozen peas and carrots

Sautéed

2 beaten eggs

Sautéed on side

Mix altogether

2tbsp of gluten free soy sauce

Add cauliflower sautée

Yummy yummy just like chicken fried rice!

Also stuffed chicken breast!

Slice chicken

Stuff with garlic, onion, cream cheese, tomato and spinach.

Tooth pick to close and grill or bake!

My favorite two gluten free dishes!

Also make our own power balls,

Cup of peanut butter organic

Cup of  honey gluten free organic

Chex makes a gluten free oats 2 cups or so

1 tsp of almond extract

You can add dried fruit,peanuts, mini chocolate chips anything you like  optional

Roll in balls about the size of an egg!

Refrigerate! Great quick snack!

This is all gluten free if you buy gluten free ingred.

I know some items are processed in the power ball recipe!

So why is it caffeine will take my headaches away....or settle them down to manageable levels..I shouldn't be having any but one somehow manages to happen just about everyday...

TM,

From what I understand, caffeine helps to dilate the blood vessels, which helps with circulation and helps to settle headaches.  That is my very limited understanding, LOL :P

Have you tried to cease the caffeine for a while, to see if it would help settle the burning/tingling sensations?  Not quitting cold-turkey, of course, but tapering back to see if it helps at all.  Totally up to you, of course ~ you know what's best for you :)

Hope today was a great day for you :)  Take care,

Mrs. :smitten:

Just saying hi to everyone.....heck just read about of post and I forgot what I read....just lovely

So why is it caffeine will take my headaches away....or settle them down to manageable levels..I shouldn't be having any but one somehow manages to happen just about everyday..

Nova....do you eat gluten?

Can I ask....has anyone every experienced a burning almost like sensation through the nose....sometimes I get this...when breathing in its sorta like a burning chemical...ok ...I have anxiety over this ...I really don't need another thing burning.....why oh why do I have this burning mouth,gums,throat....and I hope not nose too.....does anyone know whT benzo does this...still think its some bizarre disease I got from my extracted root canal....oh my benzo brain....

Serenity....how are your lips?

Would be nice if some how we could have a cookbook started on healthly meals...I struggle on meals when feeling so bad...it's just hard....

Hugs! TM

When I'm in a wave, it hurts to breathe through my nose, the BURNING.  In the beginning of this journey my tongue felt raw and burnt like from hot liquids, ALL THE TIME.  Sinuses hurt all the time just having slightly cool air passing through them.  I still get the nose burning but my mouth and tongue don't ever get as bad as a year ago. 

Miss Jen .....awesome recipes......thank you.....they all sound delicious .....

Mrs....ok I'm donw to 1/2 cup a day....usually tea....yes....I've gone weeks without caffeine did nothing...for burning mouth....gums....and teeth issues........I was hoping for relief....no caffeine for two months.....had some headaches and more body aches...due to withdrawl....but teeth and mouth pains all the same...

I've been doing the olive oil....and turmeric for inflammation.....and swishing with coconut oil....

One foot forward.....each day!

TM

Thank you....Mike......for sharing info.....it helps....sorry you have burning issues...but it sounds like it has gotten better for you....so happy for you!

Hugs!

TM

Well, what the heck....had anyone had a return of tinnitus...constant ...after months and months of not having it...uugghh.....I know it will probably go away.....eventually.....but it's twice as loud as it was when I had it in acute ...ok....my whine for the evening....onward

Tinnitus is one of my mainstays. The volume changes but it's always there. To mw it actually signified that there's more healing to be done. This is not as good as it gets.

Peace2

I've had pulsatile tinnitus (head whooshing to my heartbeat) since day one.  It got quieter at 9.5 months, but has never gone away.  I will miss it someday--NOT!

Hang in there, Coop.  Is yours a squealing, high pitched noise, or static like the TV?  Why can't tinnitus ever sound like a Barry White album?

Sofa

Oh, Drew....gives new meaning to, " my brains are fried"...I hate it that you have the burning sensation in your hrad...believe me, I will be as happy as you are when you are sx free....

Peace.....yes , I think either more healing to go ( for sure)  , or I am having a Meniers bout....either way....it will pass.

Sofa....just the hissing....louder when I am reading or lying down...seems to go away when I am moving....it's not terrible...just irritating.....

Thanks you guys, it's good to know that I am not the only one....like Drew, I didn't have much of it so it's reassuring to know others are still experiencing it after months of healing...lucky us.....

Goodnight all.  Wishing everyone who is swimming in the soup a better day tomorrow...  coop

Alongside my pulsatile tinnitus, I get periodic squealing that lasts about 5 seconds.  I'm thinking of starting a band.

Sofa and the 5-Second Pusatile Periodic Squealers ~ name kinda just slides right off the tongue!! :P:laugh:

Mrs. 8)

Hi folks

I thought I'd just pop in and tell you how I am getting on.  I thought it might bring some hope.  I am now 31 months off.

In the past few days my brain has become much clearer, I can think better, remember things, concentrate and read quite a bit though I am still skimming a lot unless it seems really important.  I am talking about books not emails or posts. I am a bit more emotional but not excessively so.  I think I have every right to be emotional.  So damned angry about all this business. Not just for me but for everyone here.  I am putting my anger into doing something positive. Trying to raise awareness of this issue.

All my symptoms have more or less gone.  I just feel rather unwell on my feet so am still in bed mostly.  I feel quite well most of the time in bed. 

My baseline seems to have risen considerably in the last week.  Perhaps 10%.  Before that it was much less.

So keep going and you will get there.

I may get another wave of course but it doesn't matter.  The waves are much easier now and if I do get one I will feel even better after it.  That is the pattern that has developed for me.

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

Good Morning ... it is discouraging to wake up after a good sleep expecting to feel a bit better ... and you feel lousy instead ...  :crazy:

Feels like some heavy anxiety ... and all its friends ... and my right arm is aching again ...

Oh well ... do what I can today ... and leave the rest for tomorrow ...  :thumbsup: