Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Yeah I've taken Cipro before, but I'd never take it again either. The first time I took it I was around 18 and had a prostate infection. It made me hallucinate so I stopped taking it after 2 or 3 days. I actually took it again later and didn't notice any direct problems, but I'm pretty sure it's what caused me to have IBS ever since. They love to give Cipro out for urinary tract stuff. I'd for sure get a different antibiotic if it's needed. Not sure what is a good alternative? There must be one though. Dr Google is probably in order. I had a root canal and was given amixycillin that didn't cause a problem at all. Good luck with the ivf! I know a few people that now have twins because of ivf.  8)

Drew,

I agree with no to the cipro. The FDA is holding a meeting about the dangers of antibiotics like cipro and levan - something or other. The quinolones. You know if the FDA is getting involved it's got to be bad because they'll practically let doctors hand out pure poison.

Peace2

Hey gang thanks for the info.  I'm a bit ways off from them telling me to take it as I have a wedding and honeymoon first :laugh:  I've taken other antibiotics with no problem. I also think I took Cipro during my tape when a dumb dr thought a kidney stone was a recurrent uti.  He had me on them for months trying to fix me.  Grrrr.  I'm so done w Drs unless it's death related.  :sick:

Hi Folks ... having a bad day ...

I seem to be getting over the antibiotic I took - clarithromycin - did not seem to bother the benzo stuff but knocked hell out of my guts ... and I have no idea what it accomplished if anything ...

Went to see my eye doc yesterday ... regular semi-annual check up ... all is well ... as I was going to step off the bus when I got home I got slammed with a neck spasm/pain that almost had me in a face plant ... felt like someone let off a storm of many of the symptoms I have gone through all at once ... weirdest damn sensation I have had that I can remember ...

The fallout is now there is some sort of roving, phantom pain in my neck and right shoulder and right arm ... affecting range of motion in right arm ... and poking and prodding does not produce pain ... using the arm does ... I have full strength in the arm and hand ... weird ...

Well ... I lost the spring and summer, and it seems I am now losing the fall ... what the heck, might as well give up on winter as well ... that will make a well rounded year ...

:crazy:

Jen ... I read your update post ... can't string together a response right now other than to say it sounds like you are in good hands at home and outside your home ...

Also, as far as I know from my ptsd reading ... EMDR is safe and oftentimes produces good results ... efficacy is linked to the skill of the practitioner ...

If you are able to read ... "The Body Keeps The Score" ... the most comprehensive and enlightening book on ptsd that I am aware of ...

You are safe ... and you are doing a wonderful job ... onward ...  :smitten:

So sorry you are suffering like this Nova.  You are so brave.  I admire you so much.

I'm less than two weeks away with no improvements.  It's hard to hold onto hope when I get no windows.  I just feel stuck like this forever.  The symptoms don't ever change.  Same thing all day every day.  I need hope I'll heal.

Sorry for the downer post, guys.  Really low today.

Love, Sofa

Just reading post.....sorry ....Nova......sounds like you had a bad day yesterday.....hope today is better...

Sofa....hang in there....I understand how you feel....im praying know that the symptoms don't get any worse....hoping for some good changes for both of us..

Keep telling myself another day closer to healing .......

Hugs! TM

Sorry you're having a bad day Nova. it seems endless doesn't it? You've got to your 2 year mark now so it cannot be much longer.

Well I feel totally done in and wonder how much longer this will last. I feel like I've been in a wave for so long now with hardly any glimmers. I'm about to leave work and feel weak, anxoius and sick. Going to a friends for something to eat tonight with the kids. Don't know how I will manage it. I will feel better for going I hope. Not slept much this week and had quite a bit of stress to deal with, I'm sure that is contributing. If I'm honest, I'm afraid right now as i don't know how much I have left in me.

Sorry to be a downer 

Hey, warriors.  Sounds kinda corny to call us warriors, but I haven't been able to find a better term, frankly.

I guess I'm in need of some HOPE.  I try to encourage and remain as positive as I can on here and in real life, but some days... whoa.  The wave I am in is a mighty one.  In truth, I've not been in bed during this entire recovery as much as I have been this past week.  Zero motivation, zero energy, zero positivity... just bleakness & blackness and all the raging symptoms.  No desire to do anything, even wash my face or get dressed.  Eating seems too much of a chore.  Breathing seems too much of a chore.  The OCD and warped cognition... feeling like this is as good as it gets, and if that's the truth, how will I live out my remaining years, or will I even live them out.  That brand of poisonous thought. 

I am so tired.  So bored of this.  And angry.  How can one even BE bored & angry at the same time... such contradictions.  The overbearing depression and nagging anxiety are constant.  My entire face feels like it's been injected with the stuff the dentist uses when s/he freezes your mouth before filling a cavity.  Even my eyelids feel drugged.  Moving my eyes from side to side is a freaky experience.  I hate giving more life to these god-awful symptoms by describing them, but guess I just need to get this crap off my chest.  There is more, but I think that's enough.

I really do think there's something to the theory that dp/dr are engaged when a horrific crisis or set of life conditions presents, so that one can survive on a base level.  It's probably self preservation.

Then... there is that common statement read on BB...  "It seems to be getting worse, not better."  Yes.  I can attest to that feeling.  What is up with that?  Why do we seemingly have to experience even more suffering atop the original suffering, before things can get better?

Serenity....The numb face and mouth is one of my top issues...don't understand how I can have numbness and teeth pain at the same time....sorry your dealing with this....

Last night was aweful .....sleeping now is one pretty good night the next night is aweful pain....last night my faces mad burning...had this after I had chemo....but why now....my body hurt so bad...my fingernails where painful....and had this feeling someone was taking dental floss and cutting my skin...now today have a bad headache and all my other 24/7 symptoms..

You had a window? Where you symptom free of symptoms?

I remember posting with you last year during the holidays....I thought for sure ths holiday would be better....I'm still praying...but it's not looking very hopeful....

Hugs! TM

I remember posting with you last year during the holidays....I thought for sure this holiday would be better....I'm still praying...but it's not looking very hopeful....

the bane of all of us... :idiot:  Every big event each year I say "oh...I'll be so much better at this same event/holiday next year"  This time I am sure it will be true :D 

Lots of suffering.  sorry...i'm holding steady...slight headache but nothing to get upset about.  I actually slept most of the night and was woken up by my alarm.  that happens once in two months!

On a funny note...I have had very sore pecs and shoulders lately.  I fell asleep last night and had a dream that it was some deadly wasting disease.  I woke up freaked out and half asleep realizing I was trying to google the symptoms on my phone.  LOL :idiot:

Serenity....The numb face and mouth is one of my top issues...don't understand how I can have numbness and teeth pain at the same time....sorry your dealing with this....

Last night was aweful .....sleeping now is one pretty good night the next night is aweful pain....last night my faces mad burning...had this after I had chemo....but why now....my body hurt so bad...my fingernails where painful....and had this feeling someone was taking dental floss and cutting my skin...now today have a bad headache and all my other 24/7 symptoms..

You had a window? Where you symptom free of symptoms?

I remember posting with you last year during the holidays....I thought for sure ths holiday would be better....I'm still praying...but it's not looking very hopeful....

Hugs! TM

TM - Sorry to hear about your struggles.  I had the bad headache stuff last week.  Thought my forehead was going to implode.  I am not usually prone to headaches.  I think it was a migraine because I was sick to my stomach, weak and light/sound sensitive... all that junk.  Felt like a monster hangover that lasted for several days.  I've had the all-over dental pain on and off, too.  I think I'm just used to it now.  The sleeping-well-one-night-then-poorly-next-night seems a common theme in benzo w/d.  I've been there, too.  Thankful that I am sleeping well throughout this.  It's one of the blessings I do count.

I've never had a full window.  I had a partial one around month 13 that lasted about three weeks.  Most symptoms had calmed down enough for me to begin to re-connect with my life.  I began making plans again and having hope for the future.  I so badly wanted to be done with this, as we all do.  Alas... my brain decided it wasn't done yet, I guess.

About the holidays, yes.  Last year was pretty pathetic.  I actually found I had more drive and determination last year, though.  I did Halloween decorating, Christmas shopping/decorating, etc.  I think it kept me going.  It's different this year.  I have no motivation to leave my bed, let alone the house.  I simply don't care about any of it.  It's strange to think I've healed at all when, in fact, it feels I've gone backwards.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Just feeling crappy and depressed. Took a long time to fall asleep last night. Then wide awake at 6:30am. So maybe got 5 hours I guess. At least I did sleep. I wake up just feeling awful though. My head hurts and the depression it just massive in the morning. I still can't believe 25 pills did this to me. I really want to enjoy Halloween as my birthday is the next day.

:'(

Hi buddies....things are still pretty good here....still sitting on 85% , but with a few more 90% moments and hours thrown in. Still getting random cycling sx, but manageable.

DREW.  everything Peace said about the cipro. It's actually contraindicated in people over 60 unless it is needed for life threatening antibiotic resistant infection.....due to possible severe neuro side effects. Yep, they want to give it for even the suspicion of a uti or kidney infection. My doctor'sP.A. tried to strong arm me into for a 'kidney infection' that I didn't have......So glad for you that you are seeing a baby in your future... such a joy....so glad you will be done with w/d before you have a baby on board.....you are sounding well on your way to rounding that last lap of w/d.    Wishing you healing and more healing. 

NOVA....So sorry that you are getting the neck and shoulder pain....I am still getting painful frozen neck and shoulders.  Mine comes and goes...it's miserable when it hits. I am so wishing you those eleven days of 100% back... and that it continues without another wave what so ever...thinking of you dear friend. 

MIGHTYGIRL. . great link...I am with you on the crap shoot that medications are. Sometimes we have to be treated and it's like jumping off a cliff hoping you land on your feet.

So nice to see you here..

Just want to let you all know I think of everyone every day ...Wishing everyone some Effortless Mind days.  ....coop

Trying to enjoy birthdays. Ugh!  Mine sucked again. Hope you get a break.

Thanks. Maybe magically somehow I'll be healed in the next 3 days! LOL

Good Morning ... won't bother with the litany of symptoms ... just in a very deep, dark wave this morning ... feels like we are playing in acute all over again ...

Not doing well at all ... this has been progressing over the last few days, keeps getting deeper and darker ...

Nova,

I've been wrestling with the theory that, when we feel the worst, the most healing is happening.  I don't know how people come to this conclusion.  I suppose that, when the worst is over, people feel a lot better.  Some even turn a corner.

I'm in a phase of doubting the conclusions people come to about what's going on in our heads.  I so want to believe it is healing.

You'll get beyond this wave, Nova, like you always have with others.  If the other buddies who have healed are correct, you are almost done now.

Love, Sofa

Good Morning ... won't bother with the litany of symptoms ... just in a very deep, dark wave this morning ... feels like we are playing in acute all over again ...

Not doing well at all ... this has been progressing over the last few days, keeps getting deeper and darker ...

Nova, same here, it is so strange because things were there but manageable for about a month and a half and then whammo.  It feels like starting over again.  I never seem to learn my lesson each time this happens.  Still gets you down pretty hard.  But, as they say.  They only way out it through.  Hopefully it passes for you soon!

Coop... nearing 90% at some points?  That's so encouraging.  You are getting your life back.  Sounds like you're really in the home stretch.  :thumbsup:  In my last semi-window, I estimated I was nearing 65-70% myself, so I know I can feel like that again and even improve after this current monster tsunami. 

Nova... I'm sorry.  I'm in the thick of it, too.  All symptoms stuck on high.  Acute-ish.  Went to my meditation group this morning reluctantly.  Could barely sit still and had visions of myself running out of the room screaming.  I am so agitated and angry.  Sad and fed up.  I have the overwhelming feeling that no matter what I do to try and make myself feel better, how I do it, how much I do it, etc., it really doesn't matter because when I'm this badly off, only time and laying low & licking my wounds seem to be options.

May we all see considerable improvement soon.

Serenity

:smitten:

for those of you who don't wander form this thread I thought I'd post my update here....

I figure it's time for the monthly update...18!

This month has been the best so far in many ways but I still have a ways to go.  Some of my biggest symptoms have dropped off substantially this month. 

The biggest things to just leave me this month are the anxiety, panic, cortisol rushes in am,  crappy mornings(gone),  and DR.  That is a big group of shit to leave as they were so disruptive to my life.  I might get hints of each but it is nothing like before.  Also, if I spike in any of these things it has been for a day or two not an endless month after month wave.

Anyone who follows me knows my headaches have been disabling.  They still can be but they are less frequent.  Even when I got the visual auras twice this month I felt off but no headache.  In addition, I got the pressure in my sinuses and eyes but it only lasted two days.  It sucked but it left.  Again, I was down for those two days but after that I was out and about.

My inability to handle stress(brain fry and squeezing) is still bad but I am getting small hints it is improving.  Where i used to have high anxiety and panics with any perceived stressful situation I now get brain squeezing and breathing stuff but no more panics at all.  That is huge.  When I feel okay I am now able to do several stressful things like work, have a meeting, and shop and not feel like death.  I can tell sometimes when it is becoming too much and I try and pull back.   

Over the last two months the feelings of not being there(DR) have totally left.  It is huge. 

I am now being able to deal with the many weird symptoms I get without the crushing anxiety which is making this much more manageable.

I am hoping my ability to handle exercise improves soon so I can get back into shape.  I have lots of muscle pain in my neck, shoulders, and chest.  it's almost like there is a girdle around my rib cage to my head. 

I have not had a bad wave of more than a few days since that last monster left me 1.5 months ago.  Things are improving that are left but it can be barely perceptible until I look back. 

Great News Drew!  :thumbsup: Thanks for the updates!  It's so wonderful to read posts like this!

Nova, I am sending you lots of hugs :smitten: 

Coop, 90% wow exciting!  Thanks for the hope!

Sofa,  the doubt is the worse I know! And when you feel your self going backwards it's hard to not doubt!  Idk about the waves bringing on healing but I had a acute wave!  Like right after w/d in month 2/3!  And I am more present than I have been in 2 years!  But idk who really does this waves and window crap gets old!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [mi...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [bo...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Da...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Li...]
    • [...]
    • [Da...]
    • [fr...]
    • [Sl...]