Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Post Benzo Freedom Withdrawal Support Group

[ve...]

Hi all... I just stumbled on this thread, and haven't had time to read the whole thing through, but am a year off, and things have improved allot, but I'm still having a few lingering symptoms, so wanted to follow. I'm kind of using this post as a bookmark for now, I haven't slept at all tonight so will have more to add I'm sure at another time, but didn't want to loose the thread, it looks like a good one.

What kind of lingering symptoms are you having? I just started my 12th month and things are SO much better than they were, but there are some stubborn symptoms that just won't leave. I hope they clear up soon.

Hi sunny, most of my symptoms have dropped off slowly fading away over the last year, but I'm finding that the nerve pain, agoraphobia, and tinnitus are holding on for dear life. I have other symptoms too but I think they stem more from underlying issues like anxiety, and insomnia among others, so I'm kind of confused about whats what sometimes to be honest. I also had a muscle spasm last week which I hadn't had for a while so I don't know what to think anymore really. I can handle the nerve pain, and tinnitus tho they do annoy me, but the agoraphobia is really getting me, I'm going stir crazy, and getting cabin fever so I hope it goes away soon. Things really are sooo much better, I don't feel I'm dying anymore, but these last few lingering symptoms are really interfearing with my life because I'm still having a hard time getting out of my house.

I got the worst agoraphobia last year after being c/t off Trazodone...it was the most awful feeling and my heart goes out to you...it did end for me, and although Trazodone is not a benzo, I'm sure that the benzo w/d induced agoraphobia will end for you too!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ve...]

• [gi...]

• [pa...]

• [An...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey post benzo buddies.  

KC,  That tinnitus can be frustrating. Is it persistent ringing or intermittent?  How many hours of sleep are you averaging per night?  Do you get panic attacks when you venture outside?  I recall that in the first few months off valium, I did not want to go out much or socialize after I got home from visiting family over Christmas.  I had to try and force myself to get out there and go to some dinners and a few parties.  I found that although I was tired at the end of the evening, I was glad that I got out.  Travelling was another challenge, seeing family and friends, driving and navigating around different places... I found it was easier to go with somebody so if I felt a little cog fog, I could ask my wife to drive on the way back.  Hope you get some relief soon buddy.

Sounds like you're no stranger to the motivation blues, Sunny.  I remember last year when a shower was "something I used to do every day" :laugh:.  For me, it really was the first 3 months that seemed to be the toughest.  Things got gradually better into months 5 and 6.  Had that setback in month 9 after a little too much "stimulation" while traveling last summer 2010. The exercise was a good way to regain some motivation, to follow through with some goals to lose weight... but I went too fast last Fall and ended up pretty tired after working out.  Eventually, anxiety spiked after losing 30lbs too quickly by last December.  I think it's important to do things in moderation, especially any weight loss program.  The anxiety seems to have waned now,  but I am currently battling some blues ever since I returned from a month of travel in July 2011.  I'm hoping that getting back to some regular exercise and eating healthy again will help me to get back on track.  That final 5-10% of healing can be rough ::).

Vertigo

Hi G.  I have only taken amox and augmentin in the last couple years for sinus problems.  I always take a good probiotic such as culturelle (over the counter) to diminish any unpleasant GI side effects from the antibiotics. Probably a good idea to take a probiotic anyway, when traveling and eating new foods, but you can ask your doctor about it.

Have a great trip :thumbsup:,

V

A big welcome and pat on the back to you Amy!!  You are now free of benzos and better days to come.  YOU DID IT!! :yippee: :thumbsup:I am 4 1/2 months post benzo.  I've hit a snag coming into the 4th month.  But I've had way many more good days than bad.  Some great benzo pros that help on this blog.  V, Pange, and Leena -- the BEST.  :smitten: They're helping to get me over the hump cycles in recovery.

GBYB,

Rocko 

How are you doing Rocko?  Hope the snag has passed and that month 5 is going to be much better for you.  It was honestly a turning point in my recovery but everyone has a slightly different experience.

God Bless,

V

Hi V

Am also just using this thread as reference point.  Am 4 months 1 week off - would say I am 90% there.  Symptoms remaining (unless I fall into a snag): jitters and anxiety on waking only; some occasional daytime nerviness which is different to the benzo anxiety I used to get - this is especially so when I am in a crowded shopping centre or restaurant;intermittent pins and needles in hands , arms and legs.  Still afraid to put myself under stress.  I think that's it.

Whereas symptoms were taking over my life until recently, it's more a case of life overtaking my symptoms if you see what I mean.

Thanks

Angel

Hi all!

I had a very nice trip to Wenatchee last week! :) I had to return home a day sooner do to a car issue. It seems there is a leak in my mini van's rack and pinion and it's going to cost $882 to fix. I am wondering if this issue is connected to our car being hit 2 months ago. The car repair place nearly had to declare our car a total loss which meant that we would not have gotten our car back. It is possible that they knew about the leak issue and didn't fix it in order for us to keep our care. Then again, it could be that the issue was there already and had nothing to do with the accident. Who knows? Chalk it up to another item that a post benzo member goes through in their recovery and dealing with life!

On a better note, I have been sleeping better again. All last week, I didn't work any late shifts because we were traveling. I noticed that not only did my sleep improve, but I also had the opposite problem in that I had trouble waking up in order to get out of bed! I guess I managed to get caught up on much needed sleep that I haven't gotten for awhile.

It sure was nice to get away and see a different area. My wife's family (we visited her uncle, his wife and family) are nice people. They have lots of property outside of town up in the mountains. I have certain fears of heights, yet I did not find myself feeling skiddish this time when looking down. There's just too much georgous scenery there! We stoped in leavenworth on the way home. A nice Bavarian town. We had lunch upstairs at Christa's. Good food, small portions, but very filling! We hit road construction going back. We had to wait for 45 minutes on a mtn pass over by Mt Rainier. Oh well, at least the scenery was beautiful!

Not having too many issues lately. At 1 1/2 years post taper, I do find that as a stress response, I get those nerve tingling headaches that were so much a part of my w/d before. They seem to occur whenever I get upset and then fade. I also continue to get pain in my lower legs. I still don't know what causes this. It's become so common now that I hardly notice it anymnore. I had lots of testing but nothing came up abnormal. Also, lower back can sometimes act up. I have some arthrosis in 2 discs. It's about as severe as mild athritic pain.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Challenges come and go, but the healing continues!

Hi V

Am also just using this thread as reference point.  Am 4 months 1 week off - would say I am 90% there.  Symptoms remaining (unless I fall into a snag): jitters and anxiety on waking only; some occasional daytime nerviness which is different to the benzo anxiety I used to get - this is especially so when I am in a crowded shopping centre or restaurant;intermittent pins and needles in hands , arms and legs.  Still afraid to put myself under stress.  I think that's it.Whereas symptoms were taking over my life until recently, it's more a case of life overtaking my symptoms if you see what I mean.

Thanks

Angel

90% sounds awesome.  I had morning anxiety that was about 20% higher than "normal" "pre benzo" jitters.  Will post more in a bit.  My son wants to use the computer.

Vertigo

Hello everyone!

As for the reference point, I am now ten months Clonazepam-free. Until recent time the only post-WD symptom which really troubled me was depression. Unfortunately, my current Progesterone WD threw me back otherwise I would be OK I think.

I have (according to other’s opinion) an iron will but even my famous iron will is starting crumbling right now. I keep getting nasty cold chills (like flue) and sensation of something crawling under my skin. They come in waves. I had these symptoms when I stopped taking Clonazepam so they are no news to me but at that time I was psychotic and it helped… ;D

Does anyone experience really bad cold chills and fever after WD? Any idea how to cope with them? – Panadol does not make a difference.

Doublewave. Have just woken up with the usual chattering teeth and jitters, the pins and needles in my hands (worse in my right hand)and my toes and that horrid feeling of bugs crawling under my skin, like you mentioned you had.  I have had it before, I don't usually get it mornings, so it has made its comeback today. Yeuch!  I don't like that one.

This will pass.

Angel

Sorry just want to add one other constant to my list right now - shortness of breath.  Thanks. This tingling pins/needles in my hands driving me mad today!

Just come from a coffee morning with some g/fs. I think the latte nay have revved me up a bit.  Am now helping one of them do a profile for an online dating site as she's not very computer literate.

Hope you are all having a good day as far as big benzo allows.

Angel x

I'm just confused at this point.  I just had a whole week of feeling just like myself again!  I figured, hey, it is done! Yay!

Well guess what?!  Today, it came back again.  Absolutely bizarre.  Just sitting at work and starting to feel worse and worse.  Similar to how it was 2 weeks ago when I had a down period after 3 days of greatness.  This is absolutely INSANE!  How can I be myself, only slight headaches, but otherwise back to my normal person and then this?!?!!?!  :tickedoff:

Some Thoughts on Benzo Recovery

1)There is no "normal".  Everyone is different and has a different history to bring to the benzo. Some of the considerations that might impact one's recovery are your age, reasons for taking the benzo, how long on the benzo, dose or multiple times on and off the benzo (sometimes referred to as "kindling"), method of coming off (c/t or taper or both), type of benzo or benzos used,  history of other physical health problems or psychological issues, previous medications, current medications, past and hopefully not present alcohol use, illegal drug use, diet, exercise, family support, how much sleep one is getting off the benzo (sleep heals) and I'm sure there are others.  So you can see, there are way too many variables to predict one's particular course of healing.

2)That being said, I've seen many buddies here over the last two years report that it is not uncommon for the initial acute withdrawal phase to take anywhere from about six weeks to six months.  Long term healing of some remaining stubborn symptoms (for some) may last up to about 18 months and still not be considered "protracted".  Some folks feel very good by 3-6 months and do not look back.  Others, like me, needed more time to fully heal.

3)During acute initial withdrawal, symptoms tend to wax and wane.  Some symptoms' intensity may not change much at first while others seem to diminish over time.  So by six months, many report only a handful of symptoms that remain while many symptoms have either gone or are greatly reduced.  Some stubborn symptoms may linger for longer.  Some are able to adapt to the symptoms to where the pain may not be as noticeable or annoying as  in the beginning.

4)Despite a diminishing of many symptoms, setbacks seem to not be uncommon.  Healing is not linear where one continues from the first month off to improve in a straight line.  In my case and many others, one can take several steps forward and one or two backward.  One can even feel pretty good for a month or two and something might rear it's ugly head again (particularly after a big stress, family event or travel), sometimes stronger than before, but then it eventually settles down.  If you expect a non linear recovery, you will not be surprised or get down if things don't go straight from bad to great and stay there.  Rather, healing seems to be more of  a jig jag effect with ups and downs over the course of the first few months and even a year with a trajectory of moving forward, despite some occasional setbacks.

5)I have read that one is not considered "protracted" if one has symptoms in the first 18 months.  That is not to say that one will feel crappy in all ways for over a year.  However, it is possible that some symptoms may linger, although diminished usually.  What I have observed is that nerve tingling or burning sensations or other nerve reactions can sometimes last longer while the CNS (Central Nervous System) resets over time.

6)Pre benzo issues can impact recovery and be confusing.  I first took valium for some insomnia and anxiety a few years ago.  I always expected that some anxiety and sleep issues might return once off the benzo.  Sure enough they did. At times it was unclear whether how much was "pre benzo" issues from before.    Sleep issues improved within a couple months but anxiety actually got worse at various times in the first year or so.  I think the body and brain sometimes over compensate towards too much reactivity after having been on a numbing pill that blocked emotions and feelings.  I had two mini panics in the first six months off, something I never had before benzos or during taper.  It surprised me but I was able to realize it was an adjustment period.  Some folks report they didn't have pre benzo emotional issues, perhaps they only took the benzo for situational sleep troubles or something else.  I find that there are sometimes underlying emotional issues that can contribute to the sleep problem.  In any case, at some point in recovery, it is not uncommon to want to process some of the feelings of loss,  some aspect of withdrawal, perhaps frustration with some doctors, or concern at how long it might take to heal.  Sometimes one can process things on one's own or one might need help from others.

7)If you had pre benzo issues such as depression or anxiety, recovery off the benzo can be helped if one took time either during taper or afterward to learn some coping skills to deal with stress and how one reacts to problems in life.  Stopping a benzo does not make life stress free. One still needs to know how to deal with challenges and perhaps spend time to develop skills that one did not have pre benzos.  Some people have benefited from a therapist.  Others like me have taken the time to read up on cognitive therapy techniques, ACT Therapy and try to learn meditation, mindfulness and breathing techniques to cope with situations, hopefully better than before the benzo.

8)Others feel that some type of antidepressant may help in that first year of being off the benzo, particularly if depression or sleep become very difficult over a prolonged period of time.  Also, some have found that certain types of antidepressants can not only help with sleep, but perhaps help some of the fatigue or muscle issues.  Some buddies have also been diagnosed with chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia.  Some have been "misdiagnosed" with other illnesses or disease processes so one needs to be careful.  In my opinion, it is important to find a doctor who you trust before adding antidepressants or throwing more medication at what could be "normal withdrawal", even if the withdrawal takes more than six months.  I believe it is a minority of folks who really need the a/d to get through the first year off the benzo.  Many of us have been to doctors who were ignorant about benzo withdrawal and it is sometimes hard to develop trust in another doctor.  Yet it is important to find one you can work with, especially if you might need medical care in the future.   At 21 months, I do not anticipate taking any additional medications. That being said, I do not judge others who might possibly benefit from one.

9)It is important to understand that while some folks may feel 90% healed at a few months off, there are a pretty good number who follow a time line that may fit in more with  6-18 months and that is ok too.  18 months is not considered "protracted".  Healing is happening in subtle ways every day, week or month (despite occasional setbacks).  I personally was feeling 80% at six months, 85-90% at a year and I'm still not quite 100%.   However, I had a complication with getting Shingles six weeks post taper.  Some of those nerve issues may not even be "benzo related" although I believe it was the valium taper that made me vulnerable to getting the Shingles virus.  My CNS may have been weakened by being on valium, tapering off it and getting Shingles.  My CNS seems to still be healing, but it's been gradual and a process.  Most of you will likely not have this situation.  However, GABA down regulation can take some time.

10)It is very common to have a thought that one will "never get better" or that things will be "permanent".  Also, some folks tend to over analyze and over think their symptoms.  Hypochondriac feelings can be a part of withdrawal.  This may even border on OCD or some type of obsessiveness or "intrusive thoughts".  One may label things as "horrible" or "intolerable" but one often surprises oneself at how resilient the human physiology is made.  One may also feel some level of trauma in some cases.  I believe these issues can be  processed through to where one comes out stronger.  Learning some cognitive techniques or ACT therapy defusion can help. I recommend the book "The Happiness Trap" by Russ Harris.  Also, "Full Catastrophe Living" or "Wherever you go, There you are"  by Jon Kabat Zinn along with some of his other books for learning basic mindfulness and meditation.   Attending a meditation and/or yoga class may also be helpful.  Healing happens, perhaps not the same path or the same time frame for all, but we all get there in the end.

Best,

Vertigo

Hello All!

I was hoping some knowledgable BB's could help me with a question...

I know the average healing time is between 6-18months...does this start when you start tapering or when you finish tapering? I was unclear as to whether the taper was part of the healing time after reading a post.

Thank you!

I'm just confused at this point.  I just had a whole week of feeling just like myself again!  I figured, hey, it is done! Yay!

Well guess what?!  Today, it came back again.  Absolutely bizarre.  Just sitting at work and starting to feel worse and worse.  Similar to how it was 2 weeks ago when I had a down period after 3 days of greatness.  This is absolutely INSANE!  How can I be myself, only slight headaches, but otherwise back to my normal person and then this?!?!!?!   :tickedoff:

I feel your pain. This has been my life since jumping on 8/8. I have had 2 half days of windows and one 1.5 day window. On three inidividual days I had sxs I hadn't seen since the beggining of this nightmare with chills, d/r, audio/visual distortions, skin tingling, etc. I was blown away. To say this whole this is INSANE is the understatement of the Millenium! :pokey: :pokey: :pokey:

Hello All!I was hoping some knowledgable BB's could help me with a question...

I know the average healing time is between 6-18months...does this start when you start tapering or when you finish tapering? I was unclear as to whether the taper was part of the healing time after reading a post.

Thank you!

Hi Amy. I believe if you taper, the 6-18 month period begins from end of taper.  If you c/t, then it begins there.  If you reinstate or take some benzo sporadically "to feel better" or other medication that impacts GABA, the time line may be extended, according to my "best guess".  Also, some folks are not aware that other "Z" drugs like ambien also need to be tapered.  Tapering or going off other medications too early in "acute withdrawal" might also have an impact.

Vertigo

I'm just confused at this point.  I just had a whole week of feeling just like myself again!  I figured, hey, it is done! Yay! Well guess what?!  Today, it came back again.  Absolutely bizarre.  Just sitting at work and starting to feel worse and worse.  Similar to how it was 2 weeks ago when I had a down period after 3 days of greatness.  This is absolutely INSANE!  How can I be myself, only slight headaches, but otherwise back to my normal person and then this?!?!!?!   :tickedoff:

I read your post and your signature Unr3al.  It's still early in the game.  The way you frame the time line can help or hinder the process.  Is it "insane" or "normal recovery" to experience setbacks in the first few months of acute withdrawal after c/t or tapering a benzo?  Each person has their wishes, hopes and expectations.  I don't mean to condescend, just to point out that it may be unrealistic to expect total recovery in the first month off, especially given your history (the intermittent use of prednisone and ambien along with c/t) which can sometimes lead to some intense withdrawal in the early weeks and months off the benzo.  I hope things turn around for you soon.  Some symptoms may wax and wane for a while though.

V

Thank you!

Hi Amy. I believe if you taper, the 6-18 month period begins from end of taper.  If you c/t, then it begins there.  If you reinstate or take some benzo sporadically "to feel better" or other medication that impacts GABA, the time line may be extended, according to my "best guess".  Also, some folks are not aware that other "Z" drugs like ambien also need to be tapered.  Tapering or going off other medications too early in "acute withdrawal" might also have an impact.

Vertigo

I respectfully disagree that if one tapers that the 6 - 18 month period begins from the end of the taper, although time will still be required once the taper is complete.  A slow taper allows the body to adjust to the slow removal of the benzos, where c/t requires that the body adjust immediately to the removal to the benzos which appears why the c/t symptoms can be so severe, although neither is easy and I believe they both have their challenges.  Tapering requires increadible patience and there are s/x all the same.  C/Ting removes the drawn out process of tapering, but in exchange the s/x are significantly increased.  

The commonly accepted theory is that the benzo receptors have been down regulated by benzo use, and unlike most other drugs, the receptor issue isn't resolved simply because the drug is out of the body.  I'm not a scientist or an MD, but I believe it takes a good while for the receptors to "up regulate" whether you c/t or taper.  And I think a slow taper allows the body to adjust which means healing is going on as the benzos are slowly removed.  That does't mean that once the taper is complete thatthere are no s/x, I just believe it's a gentler way to achieve the same goal.  I do not believe c/ting speeds up the process.

Hi V and all BBs post taper:

I am 4.75 months off and am wondering if the hotter months contribute to worse sxs.  I seemed to be improving with each month post taper from April through July.  Then in this hot August weather, have gone backwards in a few areas such as sleeping, jaw pain, and heatups. 

I really look forward to reading others' healing process on this post.  V; you are one wise sage and your intellect has helped me immensely. 

It's tough to remember that we are healing when we go backwards in sxs.  One fine day in the future, this will all be in the past.

Thanks for everyone's insights and postings.

Rocko

Hi V and all BBs post taper: I am 4.75 months off and am wondering if the hotter months contribute to worse sxs.  I seemed to be improving with each month post taper from April through July.  Then in this hot August weather, have gone backwards in a few areas such as sleeping, jaw pain, and heatups...Rocko

Hi Rocko. I don't know if the hotter months are worse on withdrawal,  but I had a fairly significant setback last August at 8-9 months off.  Granted, I believe most of it was due to a lot of travel and overstimulation on a number of levels.  This past August, I returned from three to four weeks of travel (some wine, some excesses in terms of diet or lack thereof... ;) at 20 months.  I seemed to have another little downturn in terms of some blues and fatigue this August too, though not nearly the same caliber of issues as last summer at 9 months.  The bit of fatigue and blues this past month I would hesitate to really even call benzo related in terms of my own situation.  I think it's just a bit of overdoing things in July and facing the consequences of some poor dietary choices. I've not been outdoors as much in August with the heatwave so maybe there's been slightly less vitamin D?

I'm still about 90% though.  I had some blues before benzos so this is not unusual for me to have some small reactions to some wine and maybe lack of exercise since July when I was traveling more and hiking around more.  I do still get some nerve tingling sometimes from the Shingles last year.   Other than that, I generally feel pretty good.  Wish I had a little more energy at times.   Have you been traveling much or doing anything out of the ordinary during the summer months?

Vertigo

Thank you Angel,

I sympathize… I learnt that symptoms come in waves.

The shortness of breath must be difficult to endue, I hope it will pass soon.

As for me I gave up yesterday I drank a small glass of red wine. I expected worsening but today I am feeling better… I am not going to continue drinking though.

Unr3al

>> Well guess what?!  Today, it came back again.  Absolutely bizarre.  Just sitting at work and starting to feel worse and worse.  Similar to how it was 2 weeks ago when I had a down period after 3 days of greatness.  This is absolutely INSANE!

Yes, it is but it is normal for WD, unfortunately. To give you an example: I must decide now if I go to another state for a few days seminar BUT how can I decide in advance? Yesterday I was lying like a slug, today I am much better, but how can I predict what will be in a few days? Meanwhile, I must book a hotel and a bus ticket (I don’t think I can endure eight hours on a night bus though).

WiseWomanWithIssues

>> the receptor issue isn't resolved simply because the drug is out of the body.  I'm not a scientist or an MD, but I believe it takes a good while for the receptors to "up regulate" whether you c/t or taper.

Yes.

Thank you!

Hi Amy. I believe if you taper, the 6-18 month period begins from end of taper.  If you c/t, then it begins there.  If you reinstate or take some benzo sporadically "to feel better" or other medication that impacts GABA, the time line may be extended, according to my "best guess".  Also, some folks are not aware that other "Z" drugs like ambien also need to be tapered.  Tapering or going off other medications too early in "acute withdrawal" might also have an impact.

Vertigo

I respectfully disagree that if one tapers that the 6 - 18 month period begins from the end of the taper, although time will still be required once the taper is complete.  A slow taper allows the body to adjust to the slow removal of the benzos, where c/t requires that the body adjust immediately to the removal to the benzos which appears why the c/t symptoms can be so severe, although neither is easy and I believe they both have their challenges.  Tapering requires increadible patience and there are s/x all the same.  C/Ting removes the drawn out process of tapering, but in exchange the s/x are significantly increased.  The commonly accepted theory is that the benzo receptors have been down regulated by benzo use, and unlike most other drugs, the receptor issue isn't resolved simply because the drug is out of the body.  I'm not a scientist or an MD, but I believe it takes a good while for the receptors to "up regulate" whether you c/t or taper.  And I think a slow taper allows the body to adjust which means healing is going on as the benzos are slowly removed.  That does't mean that once the taper is complete thatthere are no s/x, I just believe it's a gentler way to achieve the same goal.  I do not believe c/ting speeds up the process.

Hi DoubleWave.  We are in agreement that one of the potential benefits of a taper is that healing can start to take place with the gradual reduction of the benzo in the system.  On the other hand, if your taper was anything like mine, the first four months of taper (which reduced about 2/3 of the valium I started with), was pretty intense.  There was sleeplessness and high anxiety, GI symptoms along with other unpleasant s/x.  I certainly did not feel like I was healing.   I would agree that once I stabilized at 2mg or so, I started to feel like some healing was taking place, if nothing else due to being on a lower dose.  

That being said, I still believe that once a taper is finished (whether rapid or even a c/t), it can take anywhere from 3-18 months to "completely heal".  I don't know of many on forum who have reported total healing of all symptoms sooner than about three months, although one can certainly see a reduction of many of the more significant symptoms.  Looking at folks on forum is of course not the most valid sample group since arguably people on forum are more symptomatic or sensitive than those who were able to move on more quickly. Some may have moved on with their lives and may feel healed.  However,  I've heard from a few folks that some who left this forum under the guise of "total healing" have occasionally shown up at other forums complaining of relapse or symptoms.  I only heard this so I can not confirm it's truth.  I suppose it is possible that some folks were embarrassed to return after claiming "total victory"?  I'm not sure and it's probably not  important in the scheme of things.

I have no science to back up my theory that 3-18 months is the healing time frame with 6 months probably being the average point where most buddies feel pretty well healed (80% or better).  That was my experience and what I've seen around forum in the last year.  I do agree that after c/t that one may experience more intense withdrawal s/x than if one tapered more slowly, but there are exceptions to this as well.  I've heard some folks say that they had very strong withdrawal even with a slow taper.  In any case, we all do heal eventually, but it appears to be individual.  Some of the time frames are just pointers to get an idea of what might happen.

Best,

Vertigo

Dammit!  Feeling ill today - nerves revved up since yesterday and I KNEW I shouldn't have had that delicious cafe latte in a Spanish bar today!  It really is not a myth - coffee REVS me up.

In the scheme of things, I am coping but in a minor wave I guess.

Just venting!  Sorry.

Angel

Hi Angel,

Sorry about the 'wave' you are in. It will pass.

I am back home. I wish I didn't take the trip I will report about it soon. I have jet lag and am tired and don't feel like doing anything.

If it's only the latte that caused your symptoms today, it's not that bad, right? 

:smitten:  Ilana.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [du...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [bi...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [jo...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [fl...]
    • [je...]