Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

My brain wants to do more but my body cannot keep up...yet.  Fortunately 5 months into my taper I was able to start lifting weights but had to hold back the cardio to walking.  I still cannot run because it revs up my symptoms.  I used to run half marathons a couple times a year.  This benzo experience brought me to my knees.  I am slowly making my way back...very slowly.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your muscles will thank you for lifting....I had to stop and now I'm soooo tight....I try stretching but its useless, everything just snaps back into tension.....One day.

I think your muscles will thank you for lifting....I had to stop and now I'm soooo tight....I try stretching but its useless, everything just snaps back into tension.....One day.

Yeah man one day you'll be back at it.  It's slow but you'll get there...I'm pulling for ya.

I was pissed when I first tried to walk the first month of tapering and my symptoms were bad.  After just walking 10 minutes I had pins and needles all over my body and teeth.  Felt like electric shocks all over my body.  I felt so hopeless because I was a work out junkie.  5 months later there was progress which is hopeful.

Good stuff...Some days I can walk better, which gives me hope. Today is one of those days....Going for a walk tonight  :thumbsup:

Good job man keep it up.

Arcade79-My PDOC and Dr. Ratey told me it was imperative that I lift weights. Dr. Ratey feels if you want to expedite healing your work out should consist of cardio, HIIT and weight lifting. Please read his book it's a total life game changer, a must for everyone on BB:)

Arcade79-My PDOC and Dr. Ratey told me it was imperative that I lift weights. Dr. Ratey feels if you want to expedite healing your work out should consist of cardio, HIIT and weight lifting. Please read his book it's a total life game changer, a must for everyone on BB:)

That and the L rhamnosus strain.  :)

By the way Fran I finally found stony field yogurt PLAIN low sugar.  I could only find the sugary kind before.  I was so happy when I found it in town.

The greek gods yogurt I was eating with the rhamnosus strain had 14g of fat per serving so I had to limit it.

GREAT IDEA!!!!! I EXERCISE ALL THE TIME THROUGH OUT MY BENZO WITHDRAWAL      SOMETIMES WITH LITTLE OR NO SLEEP  IT SEEMS TO HELP TREMENDISLY  GREAT IDEA FOR A THREAD !!!!!!!!!!!

I will continue to do so as my body allows, I just feel it may not be smart to push it at the moment since my body is so compromised. Going to try and continue walks 5-6 times a week, adjusting accordingly.

Crazy and PureV!  Yay!  My cousins came to visit and we walked all over for three days.  So today was a veg out day, well, a little house puttering,  but I think just keep moving and doing and giving ourselves credit is huge!  Keep it up :thumbsup:

[ec...]

Crazy and PureV!  Yay!  My cousins came to visit and we walked all over for three days.  So today was a veg out day, well, a little house puttering,  but I think just keep moving and doing and giving ourselves credit is huge!  Keep it up :thumbsup:

Yay for you too! Great that you got out with family! Enjoy your veg out day! You earned it. :smitten::thumbsup::highfive:

Anyone hav weird twitches in ther legs after a walk ?

Yep.  Same spot every time in my upper right thigh.  A deep muscle vibration.  Feels like a phone vibrating in my pocket.

Did 30 10lb dumbbell curls, 20 pushups, 20 dips and 20 calf raises at the direction of Dr. Francesca lol....Will be taking a walk again tonight as well....No real noticeable flare in symptoms, as I was careful not to push it, but we will see how I fair in the morning.

Did 30 10lb dumbbell curls, 20 pushups, 20 dips and 20 calf raises at the direction of Dr. Francesca lol....Will be taking a walk again tonight as well....No real noticeable flare in symptoms, as I was careful not to push it, but we will see how I fair in the morning.

CrazyPants-Good job but proceed slower!!! I would have just lifted the dumb bells and call it a day..LOL

CrazyPants-Good job but proceed slower!!! I would have just lifted the dumb bells and call it a day..LOL

I still have strength, and as I said, I went nice and slow...It's my perception of my limbs and and weakness combined with tension and pain that is my real enemy...Just hoping I'm not too sore tomorrow, but it doesn't really matter, I wake up feeling like I was in a bar fight every morning already  :sick:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [hu...]
    • [El...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [jo...]
    • [El...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Be...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [ha...]
    • [On...]
    • [...]