Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

[a4...]

Just ran 4 miles in 80 degrees with 86% humidity and sweat so much I think my clothes weigh more than I do!

Don't forget your coconut water :D. Nice job!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[a4...]

Believe it or not, I had chamomile tea for sleep instead.  Still sweating... 

[/qu

You need to replace the salt. Electrolyte drink is good but not as much as coconut water. It saved my ass!

Do you live in a humid climate?

[98...]

Yes -- Nashville, TN. 

I've been running for 41 years and haven't fallen out from an electrolyte imbalance yet -- doubt that I will tonight  :D 

[56...]
OMG! The sweating Ive been doing for the last week. And we go out first thing in the morning and sweat, sweat, sweat.  :tickedoff: The humidity is soooo high. Then I mow the grass in the eve and sweat some more!  ::)

Sore as hell all night from doing a lot of pushups.  About a month or two ago I could barely do 6 a set.  Now up to 30 a set.  Screw off Valium.

it really stinks how its been raining alot here for over a month i prefer runing outside instead of using the treadmill :(

Hi Ingrid, Tybee and Arcade-Nothing feels better than to sweat like a wet rag after my work out. When I am bopping up and down on the elliptical I can feel BDNF spreading through my brain. I can't describe it but it feels great:) I hope everyone has a great weekend and keep working out.

[a4...]

Yes -- Nashville, TN. 

I've been running for 41 years and haven't fallen out from an electrolyte imbalance yet -- doubt that I will tonight  :D

Good to know. It's the mommy in me that worries about my baby chicks :).

[a4...]

Seems like everyone is doing great.

I live in a dry climate so I don't get as sweaty as you folks.

Woke up this morning fatigued again from over doing it. Was working till late at night. My life is crazy so when ride I can't rest. There is always something to do or someone needs something :tickedoff: but it's hard to ignore because I like everything tidy (OCD).

Hope to hit the trails this weekend. It should be nice. Screw the house and the yard!!!

I love how everyone is kicking ass and taking names! Yaaaaay! More BDNF for everyone!!! By the way, I found my new obsession for rehydrating: Watermelon Juice. There is a brand called Wtrmln Wtr, and it's cold pressed watermelon juice. It has 740 mg of potassium (same # of electrolytes as coconut water) and X6 of your fav sports drink), 60% of your vitamin C intake per serving, and 9.5 mg of Lycopene, and 520 mg of L-Citrulline (amino acid which results in reduced fatigue and improved endurance for both aerobic and anaerobic prolonged exercise.) Anyway, I feel like I sound a brand ambassador for this, I just really like it - it tastes like you stuck a straw into a watermelon and drank it. It's also a good evening mixer, morning fixer ;-)

@Mouse, I only have a half-marathon once (ironically it was 2 weeks before my jump date). I am not super into racing, but I really enjoy running long distances.

How much sugar in that watermelon juice?

I'm in the sick house.  Bad cold coming on. Throat shredded and head stuffed.  Laying low.  Still, as bad as I feel it's better than benzo sick.

How much sugar in that watermelon juice?

I'm in the sick house.  Bad cold coming on. Throat shredded and head stuffed.  Laying low.  Still, as bad as I feel it's better than benzo sick.

Ugh shitty Drew. Summer head colds suck. There is 12g of sugar per serving, and 1.5 serving in a bottle. I bought a case in Costco.

[98...]

I love how everyone is kicking ass and taking names! Yaaaaay! More BDNF for everyone!!! By the way, I found my new obsession for rehydrating: Watermelon Juice. There is a brand called Wtrmln Wtr, and it's cold pressed watermelon juice. It has 740 mg of potassium (same # of electrolytes as coconut water) and X6 of your fav sports drink), 60% of your vitamin C intake per serving, and 9.5 mg of Lycopene, and 520 mg of L-Citrulline (amino acid which results in reduced fatigue and improved endurance for both aerobic and anaerobic prolonged exercise.) Anyway, I feel like I sound a brand ambassador for this, I just really like it - it tastes like you stuck a straw into a watermelon and drank it. It's also a good evening mixer, morning fixer ;-)

@Mouse, I only have a half-marathon once (ironically it was 2 weeks before my jump date). I am not super into racing, but I really enjoy running long distances.

Where do you get the watermelon juice?  It sounds worth trying for super hot summers. 

I remember reading about your half -- speaking of kicking some ass... :thumbsup:  Especially considering the fact that you hadn't really hit the training as you'd have liked.   

Feel better soon, Drew. Colds and wd don't mix well.

Having a massively rotten day. I'm used to getting no sleep Thursday nights but it was a very restless night and when I got up for the day I had that Pigpen cloud of depression/doom following me everywhere. I forced myself to go to my 30 minute exercise class and lift weights for almost that long. So hard. But my mood came up some afterwards. Either lifting or preventing depression is a great motivator for me to exercise. I've seen it be extremely effective.

MTFAN-I'm glad the exercise helped. Whenever I had the morning blah's I literally threw myself on my elliptical and treadmill. It always helped!!

Where do you get the watermelon juice?  It sounds worth trying for super hot summers. 

I remember reading about your half -- speaking of kicking some ass... :thumbsup:  Especially considering the fact that you hadn't really hit the training as you'd have liked. 

Thanks Tybee! I bought a case in Costco. It's called Wtrmln  Wtr. Whole foods also carries it.

[98...]

Not added sugar, though, it's pure fruit. 

60 calories and 12 grams sugar/8oz. 

OJ has 100 calories and 20 grams sugar. 

I don't normally drink juice, but might drink this after a summer run like last night's. 

Hello folks,

I'd like an advice to begin doing some exercise.

I've been bedridden for almost a year, I've got muscle and join pain through my entire body, I can barely walk, I can't use my arms much neither and my feet hurt too much.

When I push myself too much the pain increases the following days.

What kind of exercice do you recomend in my situation? Any book, website...?

I think I need a rehabilitation programm or something similar.

Thank you in advanced.

Hello folks,

I'd like an advice to begin doing some exercise.

I've been bedridden for almost a year, I've got muscle and join pain through my entire body, I can barely walk, I can't use my arms much neither and my feet hurt too much.

When I push myself too much the pain increases the following days.

What kind of exercice do you recomend in my situation? Any book, website...?

I think I need a rehabilitation programm or something similar.

Thank you in advanced.

Will your insurance cover physical therapy?

Not added sugar, though, it's pure fruit. 

60 calories and 12 grams sugar/8oz. 

OJ has 100 calories and 20 grams sugar. 

I don't normally drink juice, but might drink this after a summer run like last night's.

Tybee-m not preaching one any or another but "added sugar or sugar" in juice form will still be the same to your body. When we eat whole fruits the fiber and other stuff balance out how fast the sugar hits us.  Drinking a cup of orange juice is almost as bad as soda.  Now eating the Orange is a whole different story.

If you enjoy it and feel better drinking it please do.  Lord knows it's hard enough to find things that don't whack us. 

I'm still laying low as I'm wiped from the cold. Good news is no uptick in benzo stuff.

Arcade-maybe short gentle walks or some light yoga poses in the house?  Tai Chi?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Oc...]
    • [Li...]
    • [jo...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [SB...]
    • [je...]
    • [Le...]