Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

It was a bit creepy. I'm hiking up this trail by myself and singing out loud to a Rush song and I see a guy about ten feet behind me. At first I was embarrassed because I was singing but it was very uncomfortable w someone behind you on a quiet trail.  I let him catch up and he was overly chatty. We got to the top and he went to the restroom.  I promptly picked up my pace on the downslope to escape him.  About five minutes later he mysteriously pops in front of me on the trail!  Says he's sort of lost.  I txt my gf that if I'm dead I was murdered on the trail.  :sick:  He then was behind me again and I was really uncomfortable. I chatted w him to try and get a better read on the situation.  I mentioned my fiancé and he asked " boy or girl". I answered girl.  I asked if he was in a relationship.  He mentioned he was a closeted gay Indian man and found it very hard to meet people  I kept chatting w him for about a mile until we got to a parking lot.  I stayed side by side w him and really wouldn't have been surprised if he attacked me. I say this because he kept asking me the same questions over and over which made me think he was either not all there or going through benzo withdrawal :laugh:  it was really a bad experience but I am a big guy so I usually scare people instead of them scaring me.  In hindsight, he probably asked me if I was a cop to make sure I wouldn't arrest him if we went to the bathroom.  Oh my!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[dd...]

Oh my--thank's for the details!  I'm still laughing at your comment about him either not being all there or in benzo withdrawal.  What a good story!  Only in SF...  :laugh:

[00...]

It was a bit creepy. I'm hiking up this trail by myself and singing out loud to a Rush song and I see a guy about ten feet behind me. At first I was embarrassed because I was singing but it was very uncomfortable w someone behind you on a quiet trail.  I let him catch up and he was overly chatty. We got to the top and he went to the restroom.  I promptly picked up my pace on the downslope to escape him.  About five minutes later he mysteriously pops in front of me on the trail!  Says he's sort of lost.  I txt my gf that if I'm dead I was murdered on the trail.  :sick:  He then was behind me again and I was really uncomfortable. I chatted w him to try and get a better read on the situation.  I mentioned my fiancé and he asked " boy or girl". I answered boy.  I asked if he was in a relationship.  He mentioned he was a closeted gay Indian man and found it very hard to meet people  I kept chatting w him for about a mile until we got to a parking lot.  I stayed side by side w him and really wouldn't have been surprised if he attacked me. I say this because he kept asking me the same questions over and over which made me think he was either not all there or going through benzo withdrawal :laugh:  it was really a bad experience but I am a big guy so I usually scare people instead of them scaring me.  In hindsight, he probably asked me if I was a cop to make sure I wouldn't arrest him if we went to the bathroom.  Oh my!

Wait a minute...is this my Benzo brain? You said you were in a relationship with a boy. What's up with that? He was just probably just lonely. Glad to hear you are safe and sound :)

It was a bit creepy. I'm hiking up this trail by myself and singing out loud to a Rush song and I see a guy about ten feet behind me. At first I was embarrassed because I was singing but it was very uncomfortable w someone behind you on a quiet trail.  I let him catch up and he was overly chatty. We got to the top and he went to the restroom.  I promptly picked up my pace on the downslope to escape him.  About five minutes later he mysteriously pops in front of me on the trail!  Says he's sort of lost.  I txt my gf that if I'm dead I was murdered on the trail.  :sick:  He then was behind me again and I was really uncomfortable. I chatted w him to try and get a better read on the situation.  I mentioned my fiancé and he asked " boy or girl". I answered boy.  I asked if he was in a relationship.  He mentioned he was a closeted gay Indian man and found it very hard to meet people  I kept chatting w him for about a mile until we got to a parking lot.  I stayed side by side w him and really wouldn't have been surprised if he attacked me. I say this because he kept asking me the same questions over and over which made me think he was either not all there or going through benzo withdrawal :laugh:  it was really a bad experience but I am a big guy so I usually scare people instead of them scaring me.  In hindsight, he probably asked me if I was a cop to make sure I wouldn't arrest him if we went to the bathroom.  Oh my!

Wait a minute...is this my Benzo brain? You said you were in a relationship with a boy. What's up with that? He was just probably just lonely. Glad to hear you are safe and sound :).

oops :D  I said a girl three times...he kept asking me maybe thinking i'd have a freudian slip like my typing did :crazy:

I just finished a heavy weight workout.  It has been so long since I really pushed my body that hard with weights.  It felt good but I did feel a bit wonky right after.  Back to baseline of feeling good now and I am sure I will be sore as shit tomorrow or the next day.  Just felt good to say fuck it to the benzo beast.  Still have a long way to go but another milestone in the books :thumbsup: 

Good job Drew! I lifted some light weights today myself, and it felt good-- and yes I'm anticipating some pain, I already feel stiff..

[00...]

Good job Drew!!!

I have been pushing myself to hard. Working my ass off full time, taking care of my home and family all the while having dreams of doing a 50 mile charity ride to raisse money for Cancer research :'(.

So fucking tired. I need to scale it back :tickedoff:.

I have been totally slacking posting on this group. I am still running a shit ton, but I also tried Bikram Yoga for the first time this week. In the past I have hated all the yoga classes, but I actually really enjoyed it. It was 90 minutes long in a very hot room, but for some reason I really liked it. Anyone else try it?

Nothing scarier for me to spend 90 minutes in a hot room doing yoga :sick:  the thougth of it makes me cringe because I don't do well in the heat right now.

Nothing scarier for me to spend 90 minutes in a hot room doing yoga :sick:  the thougth of it makes me cringe because I don't do well in the heat right now.

I know I know, I thought the same thing before doing it!

[00...]

How many miles to you run? That's great that you can do that.

[00...]

I' taking a couple days off the Mountain Bike and am sad because it's so beautiful out and the trails are awesome.

Since I have been doing better I think that when I feel bad I can just go out and mow through it or it's all in my head.

I was wrong.

Hope everyone has a Fab. Day!

Yeah mouse...I have tried that attitude of mind over symptoms and failed too :P  On those days I struggle with just a gentle walk.

[00...]

Yeah mouse...I have tried that attitude of mind over symptoms and failed too :P  On those days I struggle with just a gentle walk.

It's hard for me to do that in anything in my life. I will take your advice and stop and smell the roses. I have realized that we I don't over train I actually get stronger.

You are training smart and are doing great :).

Thanks mouse. I run 6 days a week, but my longest run is 4 miles right now. I hope to eventually build it up to longer distances :)

Hi all,

When I exercise I purposely rev up my CNS and push it a bit.  I'm in a bit of agony for a short time but feel good afterwards.  I feel for me revving up the CNS seems to help me.

My muscles are vibrating less the more I workout.  I don't condone revving up your CNS but it seems to work for me.

[dd...]
Just ran 4 miles in 80 degrees with 86% humidity and sweat so much I think my clothes weigh more than I do! 

[00...]

Thanks mouse. I run 6 days a week, but my longest run is 4 miles right now. I hope to eventually build it up to longer distances :)

Nice. Do you do 1/2 or full marathons?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Oc...]
    • [Li...]
    • [jo...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [SB...]
    • [je...]