Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

Just came back from dance class. Haven't danced in over a year. I really wasn't sure how I would handled it- but it was amazing!!!

It was so good to dance and be in the studio again and to move. I am so happy! Too bad the dance class is just once a week- I could do it everyday.

Yoho.. I am so happy and so relieved I can still do this!!

AMAZING!!

:yippee: :yippee:

Carem

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came back from dance class. Haven't danced in over a year. I really wasn't sure how I would handled it- but it was amazing!!!

It was so good to dance and be in the studio again and to move. I am so happy! Too bad the dance class is just once a week- I could do it everyday.

Yoho.. I am so happy and so relieved I can still do this!!

AMAZING!!

:yippee: :yippee:

Carem

carem...be gald it's only once a week as you may be too sore to move tomorrow with this benzo madness :laugh:

All kidding aside it's wonderful when we reclaim a lost part of our lives.  Very happy for you.

I actually have good news to report. Yesterday I actually *felt* like going to yoga class after work. I've been forcing myself to do exercise all of this time (and been unable to for much of the past month) but I felt like going. Of course I went and it had been cancelled :laugh: But instead of just going home I went to my mountain/forest park and walked for 35 minutes. My competitive mind was going "but you used to be able to walk for 90 minutes." I told it to shut up and celebrate with me enjoying the walk period.

Today I had to totally push myself to do weights for 30 minutes then my 30 minute exercise class. I had to use less weight and reps this time but big deal! There's no minimum unit of exercise, is what my husband is always reminding me. I hope you all were able to enjoy some activity today. We're getting ourselves stronger one way or another :smitten:

Hey folks. Just popping in here. Haven't been around in quite a while. I've been feeling pretty close to my old self the last couple of months, so I've just been experimenting with living my life without BB. Although I do still read posts occasionally. I still have a few sx, but they aren't bothering me nearly as much as they used to. I'm still surfing every day, and I recently started enjoying playing music again. Which is huge for me because I had really bad Anhedonia throughout the past 18+ months. That's all for now. I will be posting more for my 1 year celebration on my B day July 9th. And believe me I will be CELEBRATING!

Keep up the good work folks! You're all sounding better and better. Even if you don't see it yourself. You have to look back a few months at a time. It's soooo slow, but we're getting there.  :thumbsup:

Wondernova: so HAPPY for you. It's been a long fight but you've made it!  :thumbsup:Enjoy surfing without the continuous added weight of wd.

Does yoga actually improve balance, in your experience?  My main problem with Valium is its effect on my balance when walking, now that I am an older adult (68).

Thank you!

Does yoga actually improve balance, in your experience?  My main problem with Valium is its effect on my balance when walking, now that I am an older adult (68).

Thank you!

Yep, yoga actually helps with your balance. I even notice a difference when I miss a couple of weeks. I only go to class once a week and it still helps. I do sometimes practice class things outside--like balancing on one foot in lines and stuff. I used to trip a lot, lose my balance and clip doorways when I'd walk through and that is all much better now that I'm practicing regularly. I'm still a bit of a klutz but that's a different issue. People pick this up at all ages. I'm in my early 50s but there are people in my class your age that are newbies and I see their improvement.

Thank you--about the yoga!  I will get a book, and try some of the postures that work for balance.  I have been doing a meditative yoga sequence, not postures for balance.  But I can change.

Many thanks!

Thank you--about the yoga!  I will get a book, and try some of the postures that work for balance.  I have been doing a meditative yoga sequence, not postures for balance.  But I can change.

Many thanks!

You can also find yoga on youtube. If you type in yoga for balance a bunch comes up. I find it a lot easier to learn and do properly if someone is talking me through it at first. Perhaps you're different though. Let us know how it goes.

[43...]

good jop on everyone doing stuff to help us heal!

I was going to the gym at lunch and just used it to change and decided to walk the hills of SF since it was so beautiful out.  One hill the cable car goes up is equal to 20 flights.  Did it twice but pace got slowed down with all the tourists in Chinatown :crazy::laugh:

Drew, I'm a little jealous that you're walking the streets of SF while I'm in plain old Nashville, Tennessee...  I love your city!  That said, I did go for a long run/walk through the woods yesterday, and it made a huge difference in how I felt.  Huge.  I slept better last night too.  There's nothing like being in nature to heal my brain when it starts to hurt... 

Hi all...today I had my first true break from the wave that started on Memorial Day.  Woke up with no surge, no headache or head pressure, and had what I call an effortless mind day. No anxiety or panic. Got out and hiked four miles and did an extra hill.  I'll always be amazed how I can go from being in terror nonstop to being able to hike four miles no problem on the flip of a switch. 

Keep up the good work. 

Thanks for the post about youtube for balance.  I will try it!  I also appreciated reading that yoga and meditation enhance GABA.  Had never heard that.  I have been getting some help in withdrawal from my yoga and meditation, then.

Wonderful to know.

[43...]

Hi all...today I had my first true break from the wave that started on Memorial Day.  Woke up with no surge, no headache or head pressure, and had what I call an effortless mind day. No anxiety or panic. Got out and hiked four miles and did an extra hill.  I'll always be amazed how I can go from being in terror nonstop to being able to hike four miles no problem on the flip of a switch. 

Keep up the good work.

YEA for the break!!! Hope it lasts for a while, at least.   

[8c...]

Love this forum. I jump on here when I don't feel like exercising then get inspired to get my workout in.  Plus, it's fun to see what others are doing. Felt horrible today. Just walked for 1 mile, some light weights and some restorative yoga.

Been seeing some great results though, so that's motivation and a good confidence booster. Hope you all are enjoying your endorphins! Or are having a nice day off.  :thumbsup:

Hooray Drew!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I'm having a dizzy day so exercise is probably off the table. It's odd. I had maybe some mild lightheadedness earlier in wd but none of this extreme stuff until the past week. Oh the wonders of the human body.

This thread is great. Was going to go to sleep

Then looked at this thread and decided to go for a walk! Finished my 4.4 daily miles. It was great walking at 10 pm very cool and i live in a safe neighborhood so no worries. Just because of this thread! Great feeling of acheivment and even my cog fog is gone! Thanks so much for strting this thread and for the encouragment i get here!

[43...]

This thread is great. Was going to go to sleep

Then looked at this thread and decided to go for a walk! Finished my 4.4 daily miles. It was great walking at 10 pm very cool and i live in a safe neighborhood so no worries. Just because of this thread! Great feeling of acheivment and even my cog fog is gone! Thanks so much for strting this thread and for the encouragment i get here!

Carem -- The night is my favorite time to walk or run.  Definitely cooler, but also less traffic and quieter.  4.4 miles is a great distance  :thumbsup:

Hi al...not as good as a day yesterday but still okay.  I did another 3.5 mile hike even though I was sore from my hike last night.  Rest now for me.

Carem-glad this thread is helping you. 

trying to drag myself from the bed and go running :crazy:

/so called sick/ has to get HELP FROM DOCTOR :laugh:

thats what my husband and his family and even his mistress told to me :idiot:

and my heartukas daughter has to live with them....

no comments

[43...]

Hi Drew,

I could go back and read the whole thread for my answer, but am trying to close the computer and go out to cut the lawn, so am hoping that since it's your thread, you're more aware of trends among those who have posted. 

I'm wondering what people have reported regarding changes in their symptoms when they exercise hard -- as in almost maxing out their HR for a bit.  Do most notice and report a change?  My endurance isn't as good as it was before WD, but there are days when I can get out there and kick some serious butt!  It feels good at the time, and I love the feeling of strength and accomplishment that I get from hard workouts, but wonder if it creates excess free radicals or something that might slow healing down.  Yesterday was one of the "getting after it" days where I pushed my HR to 160, which is high for my age, but I really did feel OK. 

Hope you're having a good energy day! 

Tybee-I never monitor my HR when I work out but whenever I had a wave and I worked out hard the wave abated. I have been lucky that I have been able to work out every day and if I didn't think it was expediting my healing I would not continue to work out as hard as I am currently doing.

I hope you and everyone in the group is having a nice weekend:)

Fran

hey Guys :smitten:

i am not over doing anymore with my working out...

i run only once a day and biking max twice... :crazy:

also i try to eat less cause i notice that my sleep is better when i do not pig out in the evening ::)

p.s. i am doing one experiment with ALOE leaves

i have my mother's one plant that i am destroying every day

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i eat 2 leaves each day ::)

vasilisa-cat :smitten:

okey, this evening I am getting this restless nerve feet feeling...

I am in bed now, and I am moving them  cause its very unpleasant to be still.....

I am pretty sure its ALOE

leafs...

i ate 3 of them in the evening today besides 2 of them in the morning...

I will stop experimenting with them,,,,

just stick with healthy food and water....

v

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Na...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Th...]
    • [...]
    • [Li...]