Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

Hey guys, any of you ever have any cramping issues? My thighs, quads, calves are all cramping & is very painful.

This has been happening for a couple days, I went mountain bike riding Friday & Saturday was pretty good but I could feel the cramps

coming back Saturday evening & full blown Sunday morning.  It was hard falling asleep last night & there is no amount of stretching

that helps alleviate the pain.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Ninj  :smitten:

Huge mountain biker here. I MTB'd all through wd. Of course your cramping, your still on benzos! Do your best to stay fully hydrated on the bike and make sure glucose and Mg2+ are never limiting (to your muscles); you already know the drill, glycogen load the night before, etc. But even if you do everything right, these damn benzos can spark cramps. Get off the bike and stretch as necessary, wouldnt want to endo on the steeps due to cramping. I once ENDOd head first into a cactus, glad I had my helmet on. lol

BTW, when I MTBd even in the worst of waves, all the suffering seemed to disappear temporarily while on the bike, especially on technical trails/steep descents. Same effect in the curl (surfing).

laser

Good luck!

laser - HT or FS?

LOL

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, Carem :thumbsup:

I'm having to take a break from exercise (it doesn't mix with extreme nausea) but was watching a show with a spelling bee and learned this word. Thought it might give you all a smile: fartlek (pronounced fart-lick). It's an activity several of you have described on this thread and I enjoyed practicing it myself. Here's the explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fartlek

When I'm through with wd will I grow up? :laugh:

Eh, I need to start excercising and gyming again -_-. When you're 6'4, it's hard to notice weight gains until plop, you have tons of weight. (it may not seem noticeable but damn, these thighs...)

[1e...]

Hey guys, any of you ever have any cramping issues? My thighs, quads, calves are all cramping & is very painful.

This has been happening for a couple days, I went mountain bike riding Friday & Saturday was pretty good but I could feel the cramps

coming back Saturday evening & full blown Sunday morning.  It was hard falling asleep last night & there is no amount of stretching

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Huge mountain biker here. I MTB'd all through wd. Of course your cramping, your still on benzos! Do your best to stay fully hydrated on the bike and make sure glucose and Mg2+ are never limiting (to your muscles); you already know the drill, glycogen load the night before, etc. But even if you do everything right, these damn benzos can spark cramps. Get off the bike and stretch as necessary, wouldnt want to endo on the steeps due to cramping. I once ENDOd head first into a cactus, glad I had my helmet on. lol

BTW, when I MTBd even in the worst of waves, all the suffering seemed to disappear temporarily while on the bike, especially on technical trails/steep descents. Same effect in the curl (surfing).

laser

Good luck!

laser - HT or FS?

LOL

I really appreciate the lol! but, was just wondering why you give so many :thumbsup:  :smitten::laugh: to the other members?

[1e...]

i decided to take it easy:

one time running and one time biking a day....

i do not wanna jinx it but...

my baseline got easier and it might be due to less sport activity :crazy:

plus i am listening to my body: if its tired , i try to do less

and if i get tired from reading , i do not push myself , i just then listen to youtube music......

p.s. I WAS GETTING SO HIGH today

just looking back at my taper (different stages)

and seeing those hell spells gone (forever)

i know some of scary spells will never come back :thumbsup:

its like i am walking to the less dark room while wondering in some closed house...

:idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

One day i will end up in one room with a tiny window :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

v

THINK BIG

Daria

[1e...]

i decided to take it easy:

one time running and one time biking a day....

i do not wanna jinx it but...

my baseline got easier and it might be due to less sport activity :crazy:

plus i am listening to my body: if its tired , i try to do less

and if i get tired from reading , i do not push myself , i just then listen to youtube music......

p.s. I WAS GETTING SO HIGH today

just looking back at my taper (different stages)

and seeing those hell spells gone (forever)

i know some of scary spells will never come back :thumbsup:

its like i am walking to the less dark room while wondering in some closed house...

:idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

One day i will end up in one room with a tiny window :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

v

I love music.

:thumbsup:

I could never make out from this crap without music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my head its like a radio station :idiot::crazy:

if i am not listening to the music, my brain authomaticaly pics

one of my fav songs and i start to sing to it aloud if no one is around me :thumbsup:

I remember very well this polydrugged misery when i was running away from the music

because i was not able to feel it, to connect to it, to get high on it :laugh:

MODIFIOED: i removed swearing reagarding psychs

this one i heard 2 days ago on the local radio /M1 plius/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T3aMsVBxdI

v

Beautiful!

[1e...]

Look at this wonderful info.

Natural coconut water contains five key electrolytes: sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. Coconut water is packed with potassium, more than found in one banana or 15 sport drinks.

Yay!

MTfan and Always- thanks so much for your support :)

Really it was just thanks to the support I got on this thread that I managed to get myself out of the house yesterday - walked along the day a total of 10200 steps- which is 4.4 miles :thumbsup:

I was putting walking off- and then I decided - no way I am not posting! I felt like you guys cared if I walked.. :)

MT- thanks for the info and the link :) Made me smile :)

MT I am sorry about extreme nausea and hope it goes away soon- Nausea can be very difficult I know - but with your humor and positive attitude you will get over it and will be back into doing fartleks again :)

Am out of town for most of the day but will try to get some walking done

Hugs to everyone

:smitten:

Carem

hey Guys :smitten:

i am not over doing anymore with my working out...

i run only once a day and biking max twice... :crazy:

also i try to eat less cause i notice that my sleep is better when i do not pig out in the evening ::)

p.s. i am doing one experiment with ALOE leaves

i have my mother's one plant that i am destroying every day

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i eat 2 leaves each day ::)

vasilisa-cat :smitten:

Thoughts?

Thanks!

laser

Good luck!

laser - HT or FS?

LOL

I really appreciate the lol! but, was just wondering why you give so many :thumbsup:  :smitten::laugh: to the other members?

Because ur funny

[1e...]

Thoughts?

Thanks!

laser

Good luck!

laser - HT or FS?

LOL

Because ur funny

My mommy always told me I was spechal.

[83...]
Fran Im doing my thang!  :thumbsup: Im still hiking and weight lifting. I know I need to step it up though. My hormonal state is wacko right now and Im hoping to get that "post menopausal zest" REAL soon!  :laugh: Glad to hear that you're still doing your thang too!  :angel:

And, OMG, the yard work is killing me...ugh, HATE it.  >:D

\

I just weeded and it's great exercise (especially dragging the heavy recycling bags) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

Anonymousme I like your spunk!  :thumbsup:

That's how I do it...

Anonymouseme You're in the right place. Our exercise group is full of spunk :) :) :)

Hoping my wave is lessening.  Spent a hard weekend away at a destination wedding I was in.  I did hike 3.5 miles when I got home today. Just noticed no adrenaline surges the last two days.  Yay!

[eb...]
Just joining this board. Ran 3 miles today and lifted light weights. Have been timing workouts before adrenaline surges. Trying to see if that will work in my favor.

Drew, travel is brutal with wd but you did great to hike 3.5 miles while away.

Purevida, welcome and good work with the exercise :thumbsup:

i didn't run today ,

just was biking ...

i feel super tired today

(thanks God, my bruised body symptom is gone)...

also i notice that it has been i think 5 or more days since i didn't cry :thumbsup:

vasilisa-cat

:smitten:

[eb...]

Drew, travel is brutal with wd but you did great to hike 3.5 miles while away.

Purevida, welcome and good work with the exercise :thumbsup:

Thank you for the welcome. Wanted to join because exercise really helps me through this and a little push and seeing what others are doing is inspiring. Need to get on the hiking! My absolute favorite thing to do, especially because I have two beautiful dogs that I have not been active with. Makes me feel guilty.

good jop on everyone doing stuff to help us heal!

I was going to the gym at lunch and just used it to change and decided to walk the hills of SF since it was so beautiful out.  One hill the cable car goes up is equal to 20 flights.  Did it twice but pace got slowed down with all the tourists in Chinatown :crazy::laugh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [ka...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [...]
    • [Pa...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [Tu...]