Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking, as I get older, that weight lifting is more and more important. I feel that I can do all the daily things easier with stronger muscles.  :thumbsup:

As you age you lose muscle hence it's so important to lift weights. I'm off to the gym now. :thumbsup:

[1c...]

Im thinking, as I get older, that weight lifting is more and more important. I feel that I can do all the daily things easier with stronger muscles.  :thumbsup:

As you age you lose muscle hence it's so important to lift weights. I'm off to the gym now. :thumbsup:

Good for you :thumbsup:

[1c...]

Hey guys, any of you ever have any cramping issues? My thighs, quads, calves are all cramping & is very painful.

This has been happening for a couple days, I went mountain bike riding Friday & Saturday was pretty good but I could feel the cramps

coming back Saturday evening & full blown Sunday morning.  It was hard falling asleep last night & there is no amount of stretching

that helps alleviate the pain.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Ninj  :smitten:

Huge mountain biker here. I MTB'd all through wd. Of course your cramping, your still on benzos! Do your best to stay fully hydrated on the bike and make sure glucose and Mg2+ are never limiting (to your muscles); you already know the drill, glycogen load the night before, etc. But even if you do everything right, these damn benzos can spark cramps. Get off the bike and stretch as necessary, wouldnt want to endo on the steeps due to cramping. I once ENDOd head first into a cactus, glad I had my helmet on. lol

BTW, when I MTBd even in the worst of waves, all the suffering seemed to disappear temporarily while on the bike, especially on technical trails/steep descents. Same effect in the curl (surfing).

laser

Good luck!

laser - HT or FS?

Hi

Back in this thread- trying to move- calling what I do exercise would be pretentious  :) :) :)

But I do want to do more- I walk between 5000-12000 steps a day. most days I reach my 10000 steps goal but not on all

I am going to add dancing this week- but its only once a week

I am debating how to gently increase my activity

I will try to post here and just update on what I am doing - even how many steps I walked- although these are very boring posts to read.. Just need to get motivated to go the extra mile (literally)

Mozart- I saw your post. How about doing what I do. I bought a step counter and walk with is all day- it really encourages me to walk places. BTW there are step counter applications for cell phones if you are into applications. MY hubby uses one.

I think its a great start for those of us who haven't done much for a while

hope I can report many steps tomorrow

Be well and exercise a lot :)

Carem

[1c...]

Hi

Back in this thread- trying to move- calling what I do exercise would be pretentious  :) :) :)

But I do want to do more- I walk between 5000-12000 steps a day. most days I reach my 10000 steps goal but not on all

I am going to add dancing this week- but its only once a week

I am debating how to gently increase my activity

I will try to post here and just update on what I am doing - even how many steps I walked- although these are very boring posts to read.. Just need to get motivated to go the extra mile (literally)

Mozart- I saw your post. How about doing what I do. I bought a step counter and walk with is all day- it really encourages me to walk places. BTW there are step counter applications for cell phones if you are into applications. MY hubby uses one.

I think its a great start for those of us who haven't done much for a while

hope I can report many steps tomorrow

Be well and exercise a lot :)

Carem

Use a heart rate monitor. You can tell if you are going to easy or hard.

Carem, yes, do keep us posted here to help with your motivation. I use a fitbit for the counting steps thing and really like it.

I've had a super wavy month and gone backwards some with exercise but I'd like to get my steps and level of activity/exercise back up. Have to walk that balance between pushing myself just enough but not to the point of making myself feel worse. Balance is hard!!

MTfan

Thanks so much  for motivating me! I really appreciate it :) Frustrating for me- I went on a long walk and forgot to take my step counter. Yet- I estimate that I did reach my 10,000 step goal.

I am sorry you are in a wave and totally understand about trying to walk the balance between pushing yourself and not doing too much. For me this is the challenge of tapper in so many areas of life. Trying to do more and more but not overdoing it. Its mostly trial and error for me. I am very much into increasing exercise now but will be cautious.

Hope you feel better- and would love to hear how you are doing with walking and exercise

Carem

[1c...]

Carem, yes, do keep us posted here to help with your motivation. I use a fitbit for the counting steps thing and really like it.

I've had a super wavy month and gone backwards some with exercise but I'd like to get my steps and level of activity/exercise back up. Have to walk that balance between pushing myself just enough but not to the point of making myself feel worse. Balance is hard!!

Here is a good link. I it explains it better then I can.

[1c...]

Here ya go.

https://www.fitnessblender.com/blog/how-to-listen-to-your-body-during-a-workout-when-to-stop-and-when-to-keep-pushing

Here ya go.

https://www.fitnessblender.com/blog/how-to-listen-to-your-body-during-a-workout-when-to-stop-and-when-to-keep-pushing

Thanks, Anonymous. That's some helpful stuff. It's tricky. I don't ever feel "up" to a workout since in wd, and I'm always tired, so the signals can be confusing for me to interpret. I've had CFS so I want to respect my limitations but also be extending them. I'm hoping to recover completely from the CFS as I work on all of this and move through wd. Thanks again.

[1c...]

Here ya go.

Thanks, Anonymous. That's some helpful stuff. It's tricky. I don't ever feel "up" to a workout since in wd, and I'm always tired, so the signals can be confusing for me to interpret. I've had CFS so I want to respect my limitations but also be extending them. I'm hoping to recover completely from the CFS as I work on all of this and move through wd. Thanks again.

Anytime.

[1c...]

I can't shake this depression. I have fallen off the ship. I feel like I'm being drilled into the deep black ocean floor.

I know this is an exercise support group. It seems people on the other threads aren't very welcoming.

Thanks,

Daria

Hi  Daria

Sorry you are depressed. Thinking of you and sending you a big hug

I also found people on this thread to be very responsive :)

:hug:

Carem

I started doing sprints when on the elliptical. Talk about a fabulous endorphin rush:). It's amazing how you can feel it.

[1c...]

Hi  Daria

Sorry you are depressed. Thinking of you and sending you a big hug

I also found people on this thread to be very responsive :)

:hug:

Carem

I feel better now thanks to you :).

[1c...]

I started doing sprints when on the elliptical. Talk about a fabulous endorphin rush:). It's amazing how you can feel it.

Do you have fast or slow twitch muscles?

i decided to take it easy:

one time running and one time biking a day....

i do not wanna jinx it but...

my baseline got easier and it might be due to less sport activity :crazy:

plus i am listening to my body: if its tired , i try to do less

and if i get tired from reading , i do not push myself , i just then listen to youtube music......

p.s. I WAS GETTING SO HIGH today

just looking back at my taper (different stages)

and seeing those hell spells gone (forever)

i know some of scary spells will never come back :thumbsup:

its like i am walking to the less dark room while wondering in some closed house...

:idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

One day i will end up in one room with a tiny window :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

v

[1c...]

and if i get tired from reading , i do not push myself , i just then listen to youtube music......

its like i am walking to the less dark room while wondering in some closed house...

One day i will end up in one room with a tiny window :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

v

I love music.

v

I love music.

:thumbsup:

I could never make out from this crap without music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my head its like a radio station :idiot::crazy:

if i am not listening to the music, my brain authomaticaly pics

one of my fav songs and i start to sing to it aloud if no one is around me :thumbsup:

I remember very well this polydrugged misery when i was running away from the music

because i was not able to feel it, to connect to it, to get high on it :laugh:

MODIFIOED: i removed swearing reagarding psychs

this one i heard 2 days ago on the local radio /M1 plius/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T3aMsVBxdI

v

Yesterday I walked 8500 steps-which is 3.7 miles. Not wonderful but not horrible- and still knowing that I am committed to posting here made me do a bit of an extra effort. I will try to continue to write a daily report as I can and any encouragement would be very welcome!

Carem

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ab...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [hu...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [...]
    • [Li...]
    • [or...]
    • [Ma...]