Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

Welcome Herckie!!!  We all are/have experiencied what you have. Some days it's easy to exercise and others are hell. I might recommend that you listen to your body because pushing through can lead to an increase in symptoms. It's quite a balancing act we have to attempt.

I made 20 min on elliptical which was good considering this wave is still harassing me.  It is what it is.  :crazy:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[4a...]

Thank you Tybee for your response to my post as well as your support.  I have used Fitness Pal and love it too.  I admit though I do not record my binges.  At lunch today, I took an easier walk than normal as I was having a very bad day with my w/d symptoms.  And after work, I did a light and short workout.  I will listen to my body and not try to push it so much; however, I do plan to keep at it every day, even if it is just a little.  Exercise just makes my mind feel better.  Thank you again for your post.

I haven't always named each "binge" food that I put in my mouth, but I'd chart it as something like "comfort eating" and enter the approx calories.  I always knew about what it was, and it helped me to just say OK, this is what I'm doing (or have done), and I'm just gonna accept it rather than deny it.  Full disclosure: I had an eating disorder when I was young.  It took some years, but I got to the other side of it, just as I will the benzo WD.  You will too! 

Good plan to do what your body will allow every day.  I just came in from a good walk with my neighbor.  You'll heal---give it time.  :mybuddy:

[4a...]

Great idea to have a comfort food entry.    My entries just magically don't appear :laugh:

That made me laugh, but at the same time, I clearly remember all the remorse I used to feel when I overate.  Or even when I ate normally and thought I was too fat.  I wasn't...  Taking ownership of everything I ate and continuing with a plan to be healthy in spite of periodic lapses helped me to accept that I would always have enough -- I wouldn't be deprived of what was needed for good health (I used to go on long fasts to make up for over eating).  Over time, it also helped me to be more mindful when I ate.  There are phone apps now for people with eating disorders.  iTunes has one called Recovery Record - Eating Disorder Management that's freeeee -- and got a 5 star rating.  I did my journals on paper because it was before smart phones, but the app sounds great, even for people without official eating disorders, but who use food to cope during hard times.  OK, I'll shut up now  :laugh: 

Preach away...it may help someone on the thread.  Luckily I never battled an eating disorder. Panic disorder was enough for me. 

I do use the app faithfully but sometimes it's a pain in the ass trying to figure out how much of each ingredient is in something.  Although now my favorite recipes import with one click.  I'm pretty disciplined and I try to eat well 80-90% of the time.  I eat no processed food, gluten free, organic, and healthy fats. 

[4a...]

Drew, you sound disgustingly healthy  :laugh:

I still weigh food and create recipes in the app when I see myself getting off track, but other times I just guess.  When life's being easy, I don't journal at all, but as soon as I feel myself getting a little compulsive, I return to it.  And it works!  For me... 

Thank you for giving me permission to preach  ;)

I did eat an Ultimate cheeseburger from jack in the crack yesterday(no bun).  When I go off I really go off.  >:D

[4a...]

I did eat an Ultimate cheeseburger from jack in the crack yesterday(no bun).  When I go off I really go off.  >:D

Was it good?  My rule is that going off is OK if it's really worth it  ;D

[d6...]

I'm new here. I am into outdoor sports and have been for a very long time. I can help anyone who needs some advice because I feel good for now.

It was glorious...I am actually in a wave and I have trouble having an appetite one moment and then I am ravenous the next.  I needed something tasty and packed with calories.

Hi my BB

Been depressed, sedentary, unmotivated and deconditioned long time now. Used to work out. Tell me a good way to restart. Thank you. Slow and gentle please. And easy.

Love

Mo

Pigging out tonight .its almost midnight...

No exercise today...who cares...

My macbook air crushed ...    I am on my stupid Samsung phone....

I might do not hear and do not see my girl for two months...

[4a...]

It was glorious...I am actually in a wave and I have trouble having an appetite one moment and then I am ravenous the next.  I needed something tasty and packed with calories.

Good!  That it was glorious. 

I'm sorry that you're in a wave :(  How long has it lasted? 

I'm in a pretty good place at the moment...  Kayaked today with a bunch of friends after having worked out really hard yesterday and boy, do I ever know what you mean about being revenues!  I was a bottomless pit when I came off the river -- trying to refuel...  I think the tank is finally full...  :sick:

[d6...]

Hey guys, any of you ever have any cramping issues? My thighs, quads, calves are all cramping & is very painful.

This has been happening for a couple days, I went mountain bike riding Friday & Saturday was pretty good but I could feel the cramps

coming back Saturday evening & full blown Sunday morning.  It was hard falling asleep last night & there is no amount of stretching

that helps alleviate the pain.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Ninj  :smitten:

Huge mountain biker here. I MTB'd all through wd. Of course your cramping, your still on benzos! Do your best to stay fully hydrated on the bike and make sure glucose and Mg2+ are never limiting (to your muscles); you already know the drill, glycogen load the night before, etc. But even if you do everything right, these damn benzos can spark cramps. Get off the bike and stretch as necessary, wouldnt want to endo on the steeps due to cramping. I once ENDOd head first into a cactus, glad I had my helmet on. lol

BTW, when I MTBd even in the worst of waves, all the suffering seemed to disappear temporarily while on the bike, especially on technical trails/steep descents. Same effect in the curl (surfing).

laser

Good luck!

Laser,

Thanks for your input, I try to go mountain biking 2-3 days a week  :thumbsup: You are absolutely correct, there is no tapering symptoms while on the trail & even after for a little while.  It is such a rush that all problems are forgotten & if you don't focus on the road ahead you will get hurt. 

I have a full suspension Trek Rumblefish, I love hitting the trails!

OTB into cactus doesn't sound like a good idea, haha

I also ride my motorcycle, I have a sport bike & the concept is the same.  Take your mind off the road in front of you & you will get hurt, it's a nice break from the tapering mind  :thumbsup:

Have a great Sunday!

Ninj  :thumbsup:

Potassium deficiency.

[d6...]

Hi my BB

Been depressed, sedentary, unmotivated and deconditioned long time now. Used to work out. Tell me a good way to restart. Thank you. Slow and gentle please. And easy.

Love

Mo

Get a book about exercise. Go on amazon. Weight training is extremely important as we get older. It helps with bone density. If you can't get out of the house to walk it's because you are agoraphobic from the trauma and isplation. Go out and sit in the sun in your backyard.

[d6...]

Tybee,

When I go kayaking I see lot of frogs in the lake.

I saw heron, deer, cows (in fields I passed), fish, ducks, and the faces of friends :)  I was on a river.

Sweet!

I have been in the worstest wave and crawling w anxiety. Today I said f&$k it and did 35 min of hard cardio.  I didn't die and I feel slightly better.    Carry on..

[4a...]

Yikes!  The anxiety sounds nasty, but I'd have said and done the same as you.  I'm a huge believer in the power of exercise ---beat the crap out of that anxiety!  :boxer:

Hope tomorrow's a much better day for you!

[d6...]

From my own experience.

Which is?

Nordic skiing, Downhill skiing, Running, Weight Training, Cycling... :)

[d8...]
Im thinking, as I get older, that weight lifting is more and more important. I feel that I can do all the daily things easier with stronger muscles.  :thumbsup:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Po...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [hu...]
    • [...]