Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

Good Morning everyone. Kiddo1977 that's awesome!! I went into NYC yesterday and the weather was so gorgeous that I decided to walk instead of taking the subway. I walked 30 blocks and 4 avenues in booties:). It felt great walking and while I was out for 8 hours I didn't think once about the benzo beast. Of course I was the only person not drinking any alcohol however I had club soda with lime and it looked like vodka on the rocks...haha

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend and I'm so HAPPY that everyone is making great strives exercising.

Fran :smitten:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I love reading about the windows that folks are having. Exercise is amazeballs :) I ran 4 days in a row, so now I am taking a day or two off. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. XO

[29...]

I love reading about the windows that folks are having. Exercise is amazeballs :) I ran 4 days in a row, so now I am taking a day or two off. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. XO

Enjoy your well earned rest  :thumbsup:

LDR, I'm doing the same thing. I pushed it so hard Sunday through Wednesday that I'm still a bit weak and sore. Do you folks find you get sore more easily in wd? I can see it's not as bad as when my fibro and CFS were out of control (progress) but I seem to be sore a lot. Maybe it's from cross training (doing so many different things). Totally worth it. But it feels good to just chill right now. Hanging with my kid (who just graduated) and my sweetie. Tomorrow I hope to exercise again.

Happy exercising, resting, or whatever it is you need. May windows come upon all of us.

Yes I have a much higher propensity to soreness and pain. Part of withdrawal.

I have been feeling really good lately.  I took a nap and woke up w the toxic feel. I got up and hiked 3.7 miles went 1.5 miles uphill and got hr up to 157.  Really pushed it and glad I did. I hit my goal of five workouts this week.  :)

you know that i had 5-6 days break from my running...

so I'm back on exercising...

and GUESS WHAT :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

i can do it with no problems

3 laps morning and evening...

I'm thinking to increase it to 4

starting

this evening :thumbsup:

plus biking :crazy:

v

[d6...]

Hi all!  ;D I slept from 10 pm to 9 am this morning, then got up, had my coffee, and out the door for my weekly 5 mi hike, and it was HOT today. I much prefer to hike in the cold. NO sxs from this last cut!  :thumbsup:

My son sent me a video of him dead lifting 415 lbs for 6 reps. He discovered in college that he loves power lifting. Me, being mom, is so worried about his spine. Looks as if it will crack in 2 when he's lifting that much!  :o

Drew28-What is it about napping and waking up feeling toxic? My PDOC told me to stop taking naps.

Ingrid-WAY TO GO!! I slept 10:30PM -7:15 AM and I can't remember the last time I slept so great:)

Vasilisa-Keep it up because your BDNF is going to thank you and you will heal faster:)

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!

I'm back, its 20 pm  :crazy:

but i don't think i will run tonight...

I'm very tired  :sick:

i hate this wd...

even things that can a bit lift my mood i can't do...

like colouring my hair completely platinum blond...

it will give me excruciating stomach pain...

hell xxx

Enjoy your well earned rest  :thumbsup:

Thanks Tybee! I took two days off and went for a run again in the morning. I definitely notice that my sleep is much crappier when I don't exercise. I need to release that nervous energy somehow!!

LDR, I'm doing the same thing. I pushed it so hard Sunday through Wednesday that I'm still a bit weak and sore. Do you folks find you get sore more easily in wd? I can see it's not as bad as when my fibro and CFS were out of control (progress) but I seem to be sore a lot. Maybe it's from cross training (doing so many different things). Totally worth it. But it feels good to just chill right now. Hanging with my kid (who just graduated) and my sweetie. Tomorrow I hope to exercise again.

Happy exercising, resting, or whatever it is you need. May windows come upon all of us.

MTfan, I don't find myself more sore than prior to benzos. But then again, I try to stretch after exercise and I think it helps a bit. I bet it's from all the cross training that you are doing. Your body is getting stronger! :)

I think I hit my exercise limit yesterday.  That really hard push led me to have trouble falling asleep and when I did I wke up at 4am.  Not bad symptoms like usual which is great  but just out of it. I'm still not where I want to be but way closer. 

I get cramps some days when I walk the treadmill, and I have no problem other days.  It always helps to walk, even .5 miles for 20 minutes.

I am at the low end of exercise for this thread, but even a little bit seems to give me a window, as I have mentioned.

How long do cramps last in the benzo journey?  Mine only hurt when I am actively walking, but I wonder how many weeks I will have this symptom.

Drew, how close to sleep do you exercise?

Usually at lunch time I go but sometimes it's about 4 hours before bed. I know if I really push to the high end on intensity(above 155 on HR) I feel revved. 

Hi all! Hope every one is doing A OK! I've been working out like crazy for the past two weeks. Gym and small cuts does the trick for me! And proper diet! Gained wight and I feel I'm on the right path!!! Wish You all the best my friends!!! :smitten:

p9m6FxA6j

I've been very wavy the past few days with aching, exhaustion and today I'm super weak. I haven't felt weak in a while. So no exercise today. Walking around the house has been a trick. But tomorrow this wave is gonna walk, darnit!

I've been very wavy the past few days with aching, exhaustion and today I'm super weak. I haven't felt weak in a while. So no exercise today. Walking around the house has been a trick. But tomorrow this wave is gonna walk, darnit!

i feel even more tired than before my sleep...

i could do not exercise, but then my evil intrusive thoughts will exorcise me :'( :'( :'(

its 7 am, I'm getting ready to go running and biking...

p.s. I'm today 4 months and 10 days off :sick:

v

okey i slept only 2 hours today

so i did only 3 laps, i don't think i will run this evening...

also my weight is 52 kg this morning:laugh:

lets see if i can bring it down to 50 kg in 3 days :crazy:

CONGRATS on being 4 months and 11 days off, V!

I'm starting a yoga for wellness series tonight. I've been doing yoga on my own with videos but I have an easier time in classes. I'm really hoping it goes well.

[29...]

Jenny...hope you got some relief.

Wow!  Impressive amounts of exercise here today. 

Arcade-while tapering it felt like I needed a hip replacement on my right side and my left shoulder was sore as hell.  Hip normal now but shoulder still can be wonky.  Had it looked at and nothing wrong at all.

Drew-  Yep it's my left shoulder also.

I've had increased shoulder/neck and low back pain pain through the end of my taper and beyond too.  At first I lay low, thinking that I needed to rest, but grew bored with that, so began to slowly work out again (running and weights).  I'm now close to where I was pre-taper and feeling quite strong, although still wobbly at times.  Some pain remains, but exercise seems to be helping it.  I suspect that most of the pain is related to muscle spasms, which are to be expected when the GABA network is out of whack.  Besides--- I gained a few pounds during the really disabling first months off, so need exercise to help reverse that before it gets out of control!  Yesterday I ran/walked 5.8 miles of very hilly terrain---in 90 degree heat :D  Too hot to run the whole thing!   

[29...]

Yes I have a much higher propensity to soreness and pain. Part of withdrawal.

I have been feeling really good lately.  I took a nap and woke up w the toxic feel. I got up and hiked 3.7 miles went 1.5 miles uphill and got hr up to 157.  Really pushed it and glad I did. I hit my goal of five workouts this week.  :)

Drew---rock on with your bad self on those hills :laugh: 

And congratulations on hitting your workout goal! 

[29...]

I get cramps some days when I walk the treadmill, and I have no problem other days.  It always helps to walk, even .5 miles for 20 minutes.

I am at the low end of exercise for this thread, but even a little bit seems to give me a window, as I have mentioned.

How long do cramps last in the benzo journey?  Mine only hurt when I am actively walking, but I wonder how many weeks I will have this symptom.

Julianna, I had lots of muscle spasms in the first few months, but they're rare now.  They were mainly in my legs and feet---my feet would sometimes curl back in those horrible charlie horse spasms that leave you flopping around like a fish out of water...  Not fun or pretty! :o  Where are you cramping when you walk? 

Rapunzel, let us know how yoga class goes. I hope it goes great. I enjoy my once/week class. I think it helps with wd symptoms to work on strength, balance and flexibility with yoga.

I made it through 30 minutes of weights but only 13 minutes of aerobics. Still fighting that weakness thing but it will get better. My husband often reminds me that there is no minimum helpful unit with exercise. Whatever we can do is worth doing.

Drew and Tybee, it's great to hear how well you're doing. Press on!

[29...]

Rapunzel, let us know how yoga class goes. I hope it goes great. I enjoy my once/week class. I think it helps with wd symptoms to work on strength, balance and flexibility with yoga.

I made it through 30 minutes of weights but only 13 minutes of aerobics. Still fighting that weakness thing but it will get better. My husband often reminds me that there is no minimum helpful unit with exercise. Whatever we can do is worth doing.

Drew and Tybee, it's great to hear how well you're doing. Press on!

Thanks, MTfan!  Your hubby is right---starting where we each find ourself and moving forward from there is SO much better than laying down to wait for our former self to re-appear.  Besides, you did 43 minutes of exercise, and in my book, that's a damn good effort!!!  :clap:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ha...]
    • [li...]
    • [mo...]
    • [gu...]
    • [El...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Be...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [st...]
    • [Kr...]
    • [En...]