Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

just popping in to say hi...today seems to be adrenaline surge day.  Getting hit every hour or two.  On a positive note they are dramatically less than even a few months ago.  On a 1-10 scale they are a 3-4.  Cant breathe well, racing heart, head feels weird...when I get like this exercise doesn't help so I am off to the gym for a soak and meditation.  Muscles are sore so I can use the rest. 

On another positive my good days are getting better so I just ordered new workout gloves for weight lifting. I also dropped 5lbs in the last month and it is a healthy weight loss from eating less, better, and exercise.  Not that "i lost weight cause I am so anxious and nauseous"  a Sloooowly getting back to being better than ever... 

carry on my friends.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew, keep on feeling better.

I got 45 minutes of exercise in today but I'm trashed. It's hard to know how much to push. I feel like if I don't exercise I'll get screwed mood/anxiety wise but some days I just can't do it. I don't think I'm moving much the rest of today. Finding balance with wd is tricky!

Just wanted to say that I haven't been able to exercise regularly the last few weeks due to nerve pain in my feet.. My mood has really taken a nosedive and I'm feeling very depressed. This proves to me that the exercise is really helping me even when I don't see it. Its really bumming me out that I can't exercise the way I want to right now. I gonna try a short walk tonight and see how it goes.

Jenny21-I'm sorry to hear this. A short walk of 20 minutes is really what you need if you can do it. I hope you feel better.

Fran

[c2...]

Hi Kids,

Thought I would come out of my shell to say hi :).

It's nice to see you have joined this thread Arcade :)

Jenny, I hope get out for a nice walk and feel better. I have been in you shoes a million times :)

I'm happy to hear you are doing better Drew :thumbsup:

Hi Fran :)

MT, 45 min. is a long time to exercise. You're on a good roll :thumbsup:

I think I have found my balance. Been doing better lately...I guess I should shut up or I will jinx myself :-X.

Hi All.

I walked 4.53 miles tonight on the city trail.  A little over an hour of 1:11:56.  I hope to keep building on that.  I so wanted to run but maybe next week?

Also did a couple sets of situps and planks.

There is something wrong with my left shoulder that I didn't have pre benzo.  It hurts to do pushups.

ValleyGirl-How is my girl doing? Glad to hear that you are doing well......You're not going to jinx yourself.

Fran :smitten:

Jenny...hope you got some relief.

Wow!  Impressive amounts of exercise here today. 

Arcade-while tapering it felt like I needed a hip replacement on my right side and my left shoulder was sore as hell.  Hip normal now but shoulder still can be wonky.  Had it looked at and nothing wrong at all. 

Arcade-while tapering it felt like I needed a hip replacement on my right side and my left shoulder was sore as hell.  Hip normal now but shoulder still can be wonky.  Had it looked at and nothing wrong at all.

Drew-  Yep it's my left shoulder also.

[c2...]

ValleyGirl-How is my girl doing? Glad to hear that you are doing well......You're not going to jinx yourself.

Fran :smitten:

Hi Fran, I'm doing good. I have been getting some riding in. How are you doing?

[c2...]

Yeah, I have all that.

Valley Girl-That's great. I'm feeling REALLY good, I've been in a window for almost 2 weeks (not to jinx myself knock knock) I'm still working the gym and the weights. I'm 18 weeks off today:)

Thanks everyone! I went for about a 35 min walk.. My feet and knees were hurting a bit, but I'm home now and feel fine. I hope I can keep at it, I feel so much better after I exercise.

Thanks everyone! I went for about a 35 min walk.. My feet and knees were hurting a bit, but I'm home now and feel fine. I hope I can keep at it, I feel so much better after I exercise.

Awesome Jenny!  Way to go.  :)  Isn't it nice kind of forgetting about benzo w/d while walking?

Good work pushing through Jenny  :smitten:

Thanks for the article Fran  :thumbsup:

I just finished my longest walk yet....30 minutes  :yippee: I even had something cool happen....it's a very warm, sunny day. I had my iPod on and there was a nice breeze. About half way through my walk I broke out into a glorious window. It only lasted about 5 minutes but it was lovely and I'm sure the exercise brought it on.

Have a great day exercise buddies  8)

Kiddo--That is so awesome!! I had something like that happen to me a few months back.. I haven't been able to get a deep breath of air for over 2 years, I went on a looong walk and my lungs just opened up and I could breath!! It was truly amazing.. Im sure it was the exercise as well. Keep up the good work  :smitten:

I remember you posting that Jenny...how amazing.  Kiddo is doing well :thumbsup:

I just finished 30 min hard elliptical.  I was tempted to do 40 but did some abs instead.  Trying to pace myself and work up my endurance slowly. 

[b7...]
I worked out pretty hard yesterday, so took today off.  Even though I feel pretty rough, I have a hard time not exercising.  I'm not "addicted" to it, but have relied on it for many years to help with anxiety.  That said, I know that my body needs rest, so today I gave it that.  I did go out to water plants and wash down the outdoor furniture, but that's about it. 

[c2...]

Nice Job Jenny :thumbsup:

Tybee I worked out harder then usual yesterday too so I just took an easy walk.

Julianna and Kiddo had windows...yay!

Fran, Good job being off 18 weeks :thumbsup: Not surprised your still pumping iron :laugh: Happy to hear you are feeling well.

[b7...]

Tybee I worked out harder then usual yesterday too so I just took an easy walk.

Back at it tomorrow! 

Are you a Pink Floyd fan, Valley Girl?  Comfortably Numb.....   

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [El...]
    • [...]
    • [Li...]
    • [hu...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [...]
    • [je...]
    • [st...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [Ta...]