Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

25 minute walk accomplished.....I like walking at night too. Less distortion. I have a 90 pound German Shepherd with me though so I don't need pepper spray or a head lamp  :laugh:

No uptick in symptoms at all  :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I went to acupuncture and she believes she can help me. If I could sleep I think I could definitely make it.

MT,

My wife went to an acupuncturist for pain, but after every session she was so mellow and calm she would sleep the day away if I didn't wake her.  I bet it will help you.

Good to hear, Paul. I feel like if I could sleep I could handle the rest of the misery. The total lack of sleep is what pushes me over the edge. They could put a thousand needles in me if it would make me sleep. We'll see how it goes!

Katie

[db...]

25 minute walk accomplished.....I like walking at night too. Less distortion. I have a 90 pound German Shepherd with me though so I don't need pepper spray or a head lamp  :laugh:

No uptick in symptoms at all  :thumbsup:

Yay :thumbsup:

Just finished my 20 minute run in the hills. I kept glancing at my Fitbit Surge and seeing the HR, wanted to make sure to get it up to 160+ for at least a couple of minutes. Done and done.

MTfan, I really want to try acupuncture too. Please let me know how it goes. My friend just got pregnant after 11 months of trying after going to several sessions with an acupuncturist. She was ready to head to the fertility clinic for testing! Good luck :)

Kiddo, those GSD don't mess around. Whenever I go running with mine and my headphones are on, she'll scare the living crap out of anyone who tries to stand behind us at stoplights.

Drew, I can't believe you can drink coffee dude. I had some coffee ice cream two weeks ago and had the hardest time falling asleep. Totally worth it though :)

hello all...I finished 30 minutes eliptical and I felt more energetic today so I really pushed the pace today. I also felt good while exercising which has been rare for me the last ten years.  About an hour later got a small adrenaline surge but I get them every now and then regardless.  It is fading now.  onward.... 

[db...]

Hi ldr and drew, you both did a great job today :thumbsup:. Be proud!

I had a wonderful ride yesterday. About halfway through I did ttart feeling stiff and tired. Have the CFS feeling again today. I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones but as you say drew...  onward.... no complaints :)

Have a splendid rest of the day :smitten:

VG

Thanks Valley Girl. Sorry icky CFS is acting up. Boo!!! Hugs. Great job on doing the ride though. No pain, no gain.

Hi Fran!! Hope all is well :)

Hi Valley Girl and Long Distance Runner-I'm doing GREAT!! I'm glad that everyone is exercising and your brain is going to thank you!! I've been in a window for 6 days and yesterday I started doing some butt squats with ropes at my gym. In Jan I fell on ice and landed on my tail bone ouch!!! I have not been doing any butt squats while my tailbone healed but so far so good.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day. Gorgeous weather in the northeast:) Getting ready to tackle my elliptical and treadmill..haha

Fran

[db...]

Hi Valley Girl and Long Distance Runner-I'm doing GREAT!! I'm glad that everyone is exercising and your brain is going to thank you!! I've been in a window for 6 days and yesterday I started doing some butt squats with ropes at my gym. In Jan I fell on ice and landed on my tail bone ouch!!! I have not been doing any butt squats while my tailbone healed but so far so good.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day. Gorgeous weather in the northeast:) Getting ready to tackle my elliptical and treadmill..haha

Fran

Hi Fran,

You need to take a break from exercise once in a while :laugh:. It's nice to hear from you. I'm glad you are doing well and having a good day.

Hugs :smitten:

VG

Good morning all...I got out this am upon waking and did my 3.5 mile hike. It's getting easier.  Mild anxiety but to be expected w the tough day I had yesterday.

Great exercising to all :thumbsup:

I'm up to 30 minutes....moderate to brisk pace. Feeling good about it. 6 months ago I could only do 10 minutes, slow to moderate pace. It's progress. It's hard to believe I used to hockey 3-4x a week for an hour  :o

Keep it up my friends....we're getting there  :smitten:

Good for you, Kiddo. I'm glad things were easier today for you, Drew.

I'm having a really rough day with no energy on top. I'm going to force my hike/walk in hopes it lifts my mood out of the subbasement. I keep thinking of that thread f$# this s@%. I'm so over this. Thank goodness exercise can bring some relief if we can just get our hides out the door!

Friends,

Pre benzo I ran half marathons.  I am trying to work my way back there and accepted it might take awhile. 

I started walking on April 27th and did 3.07 miles and today I am up to 4.66 miles.  At first my muscles were so sore and now it they're not so sore anymore.  Slowly making my way back and walking everyday.

My goal is when i hit 10 miles walking, I will start to run and train for 3 miles.  I have head pressure that comes and goes but trying to ignore it during the walks.

Good job, Arcade. I think we all have to take this slowly at the pace our minds and bodies can handle.

Today I fast hiked/walked my hills course with high intensity interval training (45-60 second sprints) for the first 60 of 83 minutes. Then I did pushups and situps for 10 minutes. Challenging but my mood is better now. I want to be able to hike 10 miles at a stretch this summer. I have a dream!

Whoa MTFan, someone is getting hardcore :) That's awesome sauce. Go on with your bad self.

I just finished a run, also trying to get some hills in there to build endurance. I need to get a gym membership so I can start doing weights and squats as well, otherwise my butt is going to be a pancake soon.

Hope everyone is doing well!

xx

LONGDISTANCERUNNER- I'm reading your journal and I'm on page 3 and I can't wait to finish reading it:) Do you ever use a TRX for butt squats?

Fran:)

[e5...]

Friends,

Pre benzo I ran half marathons.  I am trying to work my way back there and accepted it might take awhile. 

I started walking on April 27th and did 3.07 miles and today I am up to 4.66 miles.  At first my muscles were so sore and now it they're not so sore anymore.  Slowly making my way back and walking everyday.

My goal is when i hit 10 miles walking, I will start to run and train for 3 miles.  I have head pressure that comes and goes but trying to ignore it during the walks.

I was running halves before WD too, but both mind and body have been in a fog over the last 4+ months.  I make myself get out to walk and run (was just walking at first), and managed a decent 4.5 mile run yesterday.  The thing that's strange is that I feel much slower than I am.  I've started wearing a Garmin, just for a reality check, and it says that my speed is almost the same as before, but I do get more winded on hills and in heat.  It'll come back---we just have to stick with it and listen to our bodies!  My #1 goal is to get my brain back to normal, but #2 is to stay physically strong while working on it!  Benzos are not going to win this battle!!! 

I am 68, and my husband, at 71, thinks (based on the web) that 20 minutes of walking a day will keep us healthy.  We use a treadmill at a gym.  I walk at least half a mile, sometimes up to .8 of a mile.  He walks .8 of a mile each day.

Is this a reasonable way to proceed?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [El...]
    • [...]
    • [Li...]
    • [hu...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [...]
    • [je...]
    • [st...]
    • [Sh...]