Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

2 laps just now...

its very warm at my end

plus 15 ...

i will try to have some serious running and biking this evening

cause yesterday i didn't exercise :crazy:

p.s. im 52 kg now :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

have to get back to my lucky 50 kg ::)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey you, V  :smitten:;D keep it going...I was really happy to see you think the exercising helps with the depression. I agree!

I've been a slacker on this thread too. ::) ..but I'm beginning to think daily exercise has been the single best decision I've made. No matter how crappy I feel, doing something, anything exercise related for even a few minutes has helped.

Keep moving when you can, everyone here is so inspiring :smitten:

[69...]

Ninj,

The longer wheel base is something I like for stability and for me the bigger wheels makes climbing easier. It's just hard to navigate through through tight technical rock gardens and single track so thank god it's rolls over things well. Overall it's really not that limiting. I'm not use to having such a heavy bike.

WTF is this 8th place over all. Dude, if I was better I'd kick your ass  :laugh:.

Strava stalker  :laugh:

You probably would kick my ass! I told my wife that it's such a new trail & I am probably the 8th guy to go up it  :laugh:

What's up with this stalker Bullshit?  :laugh:

[69...]

V, If you can run and bike that would be awesome :thumbsup: I like to do my biking in the evening too as the sunsets. It's so beautiful :).

Saga, what king of exercise do you like to do? I hope you're enjoying what ever it is :).

Hey kids, I just want to share my new discovery. I just tried this new electrolyte tablets that I pop into my water bottle when I ride or if you Mountain bike like amazing ninj  :laugh: you can put a couple in your camelback. It helps keep you hydrated and does all the things it's suppose to without the added sugar. It also helps in recovery so you guys may feel better the next day and work out even more :thumbsup:. It's called nuun. I got it at the local running store.

thanks Saga and V girl :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

im beyond depressed today...

its not that horror where you have to scream from mental pain and can't picture yourself 10 min ahead,

but still it was pretty intense to the point that i tried to run and after one lap

i just collapsed in tears in my forest:

God, please, i can't do this anymore

I'm tired and I'm exausted :'( :'( :'(

i feel like nothing good will ever happen to me

i will be stuck in this mental pain forever :'( :'( :'(

i have no other option but to keep myself alive,

so my girl will be spared from the pain of losing her mam....

sorry about my post

:'( :'( :'(

[61...]

I would like to start a thread that supports our endeavors to try and help our recovery through exercise.  I know trying to get an exercise program going and staying with it has been very difficult for me.  I used to be able to exercise for much longer and felt much healthier.  Now, some days my body is so sore that it can be hard for me to walk a mile. 

I would like this thread to be an area where we can post what we did each day or comments about what challenges we may have had. With the large community here we can help each other out with strategies to help us build our bodies back to or even better than they used to be.

Lastly, I want anyone to post here and not worry about if they exercise enough.  Wether you can only walk to the kitchen or do a triathlon all are welcome.

Wow---just found this thread and love the idea!  Thanks for starting it! 

I've been an exerciser all of my adult life and have kept it up through WD, but am definitely not able to run or do other cardio at the same level of intensity as before.  I get weak and start to shake.  What's that about???  I need to go back through all the posts here to see what others have said about it.  Shaking aside, I can't imagine life without exercise, so do what my body allows.  Day before yesterday, I went to the gym, did a weight workout, and 30 minutes on a Cybex trainer.  Sweat myself foolish! Yesterday I was really shaky, so did a little work in the yard, then walked for an hour with a neighbor.  Being outside helps a lot, but some days it takes an act of congress to get me there...   

I don't know if I've ever posted on this thread before, but it's great👍I only walk a mile a day, but I can tell you that it really helps! To everyone here, go at your own pace. I know we need to get the endorphins up, but we need to do it gradually. Even when I don't post, I enjoy reading, so thanks Benzo Buddies😜keep it going :smitten:

Thx Fran,

You are super optimistic and always give great advice and support.  :thumbsup: I've seen some of your posts on Klonopin Klub and Exercise.

Thanks for the welcome...

NG

[69...]

thanks Saga and V girl :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

im beyond depressed today...

its not that horror where you have to scream from mental pain and can't picture yourself 10 min ahead,

but still it was pretty intense to the point that i tried to run and after one lap

i just collapsed in tears in my forest:

God, please, i can't do this anymore

I'm tired and I'm exausted :'( :'( :'(

i feel like nothing good will ever happen to me

i will be stuck in this mental pain forever :'( :'( :'(

i have no other option but to keep myself alive,

so my girl will be spared from the pain of losing her mam....

sorry about my post

:'( :'( :'(

V, I am not kidding when I say I have been where you are. I had to drive myself to the ER a couple times. It was my kids that kept me going. I felt the strange pain of anxiety and the deepest/darkest and most hopeless sadness. No one believed me so I was alone. I guess we all really are. It really physical pain as well. Just don't fight it like I did. When you fight it only gets worse. Invite it over and just let it be and realize that you are not this emotion. It's just a thought and a feeling. You are a mom first and you will get through.

Hugs  :smitten:

VG

[69...]

VG-Nuuns have been my gotos forever.

Hey Drew,

Hope you had a good day :thumbsup:. I have been using Fizz tabs because that is what they sell in the bike and running stores. This is a new product where I live. It's way better then anything I have ever used.

[69...]

Either I'm a hypochondriac or I have really do have CFS. Feeling dizzy, rapid heart beat, sleepy, body aches, sad, shaking hands. Will this ever end so I can have one tiny little piece of the endorphin pie :'(.

I'm ranting again but I'm still hopeful :thumbsup:

Vg-my CFS  symptoms really ramped up post jump.  It's a very common complaint and it is usually one of the last symptoms to disapate. Hope you get rid of it sooner. Btw-when not in a wave it all goes away.

I wasn't able to exercise the last two days and will be back tomorrow.  Right now I seem to be hitting four times a week and I'm okay. Anymore and it's iffy on my body.

[69...]

Vg-my CFS  symptoms really ramped up post jump.  It's a very common complaint and it is usually one of the last symptoms to disapate. Hope you get rid of it sooner. Btw-when not in a wave it all goes away.

I wasn't able to exercise the last two days and will be back tomorrow.  Right now I seem to be hitting four times a week and I'm okay. Anymore and it's iffy on my body.

Working out 4 times a week would be awesome for me! So you too have had the CFS thing? It comes and goes for me.

I realize it's about time I practice acceptance as far as my situation goes instead of whining about it all the time.

There are people out there who have it a lot worse.

Thanks for getting back to me.

VG :smitten:

I walked 25 minutes today...only had 12 panic attacks. Good times. I'm so over this.  :crazy:

Keep up the good work everyone  :thumbsup:

its 1240am i had a 4 hour nappy this afternoon so im wide awake now !

its a lil late to run outside but i want to i can just go around the block a few times i think i'll be okay everyone around here pretty much knows everyone so i dont think anything bad will happen ,  besides im a fast runner

Hi all  :thumbsup: I'm still getting out early morning and afternoon for an hours or longer  walk each time and have also been in to town a couple of times for the first time in 9 months. And Saturday there was a big sport event on in the town stadium so there were thousands of people there wandering all around town, :D  But I wanted to see if I had the inner strength to go for it and over come obstacles coz as Drew said you can't let the Benzos win mentally and this is very true.

So I've been doing everything I feel anxiety about or may trip or ramp up an sxs  :sick: and its working out fine so far, I can bear with whats being thrown out me without warning  ::). Like the sports event I had no idea it was happening but chose Saturday to go to town as thats the busiest day anyway considering I'm also tapering it was really a test :o but all cool  8)

I also have the 'CFS'' sxs but make myself go out rather than going back to yet more Toxic sleep sleep  :sleepy: and sitting down for more than a few minutes is hell as well, I hurt terrible and its hard to get back up so I try keep active indoors as well. 

I find anything to do with resistance such as trying to lift or push something is bad for ramping up pain and burning etc, so I have to be careful there but I loved doing that before it was one of my many exercise passions but its okay it will all fall in to place in its own time :)

Nova xxx  :hug::smitten: :smitten:

great job nova!  Kiddo too...

Babyangel...just don't get into any strangers' car :laugh:

I'm amped on too much caffeine and stucka t my work desk.  I have my gym bag and can't wait to burn off the excess energy.  Instead of using my keuring machine to make a mediocre cup of coffee I did the pour over method.  Waaaaay stronger....have all anxiety symptoms such as racing heart, jumpiness, etc... but it doesn't bother me cause I know what it is.  just strethcing out my glutamate muscles wit caffeine OD :D 

Babyangel, get some pepper spray just in case ;-) Good job Kiddo, those panic attacks are the worrstt. Keep up the good work ya'll!

Babyangel-be careful running at night. My PDOC told me not to take any naps so I would sleep better at night. I used to take a nap every single day for the past 23 years but only for 20 minutes!

Kiddo- GREAT job!! Sorry about all of the panic attacks.

I hope that everyone is having a GREAT day! I'm getting a new roof OMG the banging:)

Nova, Drew, and VG I was diagnosed with CFS 19 years ago. It makes the wd thing tricky. It seems to me that all the benzos and polydrugging made it worse. I'm able to be more active now than has been possible since before diagnosis with exercise class, yoga, weights, interval training and long hilly walks but it's super hard. I manage 3-6 hours per week. It always feels impossible prior to but I pull it off many days. Some days it actually is impossible. And I have days where I wonder if I can really survive this and heal.

Today I went to acupuncture and she believes she can help me. If I could sleep I think I could definitely make it.

well..that damn new way I brewed my coffee makes it have up to 3x the caffeine of just using a machine.  No wonder I am so wired.  Went for a 20 minute walk around 10am.  Didn't do nothing.  Had racing heart and eventully spiked anxiety and panic.  I knew I was fine but still it was very uncomfortable.  I just came back from 30 min elliptical at gym.  No new method of coffee anymore for me.  It was tasty but not worth it.  Guess I was a bit cocky feeling okay and usually drinking two cups a day no prob. :crazy:  In my defense I had no idea that it would amplify the caffeine.  Onward we go....

Drew, we all mess up. Being human can be a bitch ;D It's not like much in life prior to wd can prepare you for this!

I hiked hills/walked for 1 hour and 25 minutes. I gave myself some time and felt a tad of energy by the afternoon so I gave it a whirl. Tiring but worth it. We all have to push ourselves and listen to our bodies at the same time. Complicated.

[69...]

Hi MT, sorry to hear about you CFS diagnosis. It does sound like you are doing quite well. I guess it's just something you have to manage. Good job on the hike today :thumbsup: I had Reiki done a couple times. It's an alternative therapy like acupuncture. My oncologist recommended it. He truly believes alternative medicine/therapies can be helpful so there must be some merit to it because I sure believe in him :).

babyangel, if you do run at night wear a headlamp and get yourself a Pitbull. I think their the sweetest dogs but, one one will mess with you because for some reason people are afraid of them ::).

Drew,  I use to be able to drink 2 cups of coffee before bed and still fall asleep. Live and learn.

Nova, I remembered what you said about pushing through the CFS sxs's. Going out for a ride today.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Bl...]
    • [In...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [je...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Kr...]
    • [kn...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Li...]
    • [or...]