Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT job Drew- I have been in a window all day so I decided to try something new at the gym today. I used the weight lifting machine with dead man grip. I went very slow and I only did 10 butt squats. It felt great!!

[74...]

Drew,

Your the man :thumbsup:.

Took a spin on my road bike in the cold/hail yesterday, felt good on the ride. Went to hard up the last climb home. Passed out on the couch and got sickly today :sick:

I can't win...dammit :tickedoff:. I love exercise! Could someone please understand that lately it just doesn't like me. The Benzo's have messed with my adrenals (feel like I have CFS) or something.

I use to be a competitive athlete so I know exercise is good for you.

I'm depressed about it because high level fitness and training is what saved my life and now my brain has to make all these adjustments.

Just needed to rant :tickedoff:.

You guys are awsome  :smitten:

VG

Drew,

Took a spin on my road bike in the cold/hail yesterday, felt good on the ride. Went to hard up the last climb home. Passed out on the couch and got sickly today :sick:

I can't win...dammit :tickedoff:. I love exercise! Could someone please understand that lately it just doesn't like me. The Benzo's have messed with my adrenals (feel like I have CFS) or something.

I'm depressed about it because high level fitness and training is what saved my life and now my brain has to make all these adjustments.

VG

Vg-I'm still nowhere near able to do intense workouts.  I figure that'll improve in the next year. 

Thx all...I didn't do anything different today to have no anxiety or rushes. It's the damn benzos who are the overlords in that dept :laugh:

Glad to see we are all moving when we can

Drew,

VG

VG,

Awesome job! keep up the good work, you will be back to where you were  :thumbsup:

Ninj  :smitten:

ValleyGirl-You will be able to exercise without feeling sick. Your brain is healing now and it's working SO hard to revert back to where you were. Take every day as it comes, and aways know that you can vent anytime. We are always here for you.

Fran

[74...]

Drew,

VG

VG,

Awesome job! keep up the good work, you will be back to where you were  :thumbsup:

Ninj  :smitten:

Thanks Ninj,

Maybe this summer won't suck after all :).

[74...]

ValleyGirl-You will be able to exercise without feeling sick. Your brain is healing now and it's working SO hard to revert back to where you were. Take every day as it comes, and aways know that you can vent anytime. We are always here for you.

Fran

Thanks Fran, I was able to go out and ride but, like I was saying it's what happens after the rides, runs or weight session. I become incappicated. I'm not sure that's going to go away till this stuff leaves my body or maybe 6 mo. to a year after.

This sedentary life style has made me depressed and crazy beyond words.

Now if I could just walk around with a Martini in my hand and feel slightly buzzed all day then maybe it could be tolerable  :laugh:.

I will take you advice a and pull back. It's just hard t do.

Thanks for the kind word sweet lady :smitten:

VG - they built a new mountain bike trail in Rogue River that I went & rode last week  :thumbsup: 5 miles uphill with crazy tight switchbacks & the backside coming down was insane with

about 1 1/2 feet of track with a cliff on the right side, it was super tight & sketchy with tons of little boulders to navigate over.  :D  My stress level on a scale of 1-10 was a 14  :laugh:

I hope everyone has a great productive week  :thumbsup:

Ninj

good morning all...I had a shitty night with anxiety, sweats, and racing heart.  I used a cortico steroid cream on my calves and I'm pretty sure that's what I am revved from.  I was able to use it for years and never noticed anything before but it seems the further out from bennzo use I am the more sensitive to other stuff i become.  Ugh..I hate this.  Just passing the time until I settle down. No panics just uncomfortable.  Glad to see everyone is doing cool stuff. 

Ninja-those cliffs/steep hills with switchbacks are a bear.  Been there before and hopefully again. 

Drew28-Sorry to hear about last nights sleep. Have you tried Motivation Oasis? (you can download it for free on your iPhone under Podcast. It helps so much with anxiety or if you can't fall a sleep. My shrink told me about it.

Fran

Oh it did...I jsut didn't sleep longer than 90 minutes before waking up with sweats and racing heart.  Sucked but onward I go though the day :smitten:

[74...]

VG - they built a new mountain bike trail in Rogue River that I went & rode last week  :thumbsup: 5 miles uphill with crazy tight switchbacks & the backside coming down was insane with

about 1 1/2 feet of track with a cliff on the right side, it was super tight & sketchy with tons of little boulders to navigate over.  :D  My stress level on a scale of 1-10 was a 14  :laugh:

Ninj

Well someone is having a good time :thumbsup: Do you find that navigating swithbacks and cornering is a little more challenging with a 29ner? I'm not that tall so I was talking to my neighbor who owns a bike shop about 27.5 wheels and a lighter and stiffer carbon frame. I like having a nice bikes and he knows that's my weakness even though I spend my days just trying to do laundry and unload the dish washer without passing out so I'm not worthy :laugh:. I heard lot about the rouge river and watched some you tube videos. The trail sounds awsome! What is the name of the trail so I can look it up?

Oh it did...I jsut didn't sleep longer than 90 minutes before waking up with sweats and racing heart.  Sucked but onward I go though the day :smitten:

Drew, those nights suck big time. It takes courage to face the new day with poor sleep, inadequate sleep, or zero sleep. I like this quote from Mary Daly: "Courage is like--it's a habitus, a habit a virtue: You get it by courageous acts. It's like you learn to swim by swimming. You learn courage by couraging." You've got lots of it :smitten:

I've been making my dance-dance-revolution DDR into an interval/high intensity interval training thing. I do push ups, planks, dips, sit ups and fast run in place between songs. It totally wears me out but it's a full body work out that isn't dull.

Today after only a few microsleeps I dragged my sorry rear to exercise class and weights. The whole time it was, "I think I can. I think I can. I think I can" and I can't wait until this is over ;)

Ninj

Well someone is having a good time :thumbsup: Do you find that navigating swithbacks and cornering is a little more challenging with a 29ner? I'm not that tall so I was talking to my neighbor who owns a bike shop about 27.5 wheels and a lighter and stiffer carbon frame. I like having a nice bikes and he knows that's my weakness even though I spend my days just trying to do laundry and unload the dish washer without passing out so I'm not worthy :laugh:. I heard lot about the rouge river and watched some you tube videos. The trail sounds awsome! What is the name of the trail so I can look it up?

It's called the MOTR climbing trail, I am in 8th place overall on the climb.  Yes the 29'nr is a pain to go uphill & navigate tight switchbacks.  Carbon & a 27.5 would be a great bike.  :thumbsup:

[74...]

Ninj,

The longer wheel base is something I like for stability and for me the bigger wheels makes climbing easier. It's just hard to navigate through through tight technical rock gardens and single track so thank god it's rolls over things well. Overall it's really not that limiting. I'm not use to having such a heavy bike.

WTF is this 8th place over all. Dude, if I was better I'd kick your ass  :laugh:.

[74...]

I'm sorry about the sleep issues Drew. I haven't got there yet but as my dose gets lower it could happen. I heard of this technique that may help but, I have cog fog so I forgot. I will look into it for you.

MT you are doing awesome :thumbsup: Interval training will help big time and make you strong like bull :D. I use to do it and it really helped with speed and endurance but that was before electricity :laugh:.

I took a long walk my the river near my house. I saw a Osprey. Very cool. My town is growing and it sort of bums me out a bit because the trail is more crowded. I call it little Los Angeles. The growth is could be nice because of more resources but I moved here to get away from it all.

My sleep usualy isn't that bad. I mean it's not good but once in a while I sleep straight for five -six hours and after what I'm used to its enough.  Many on this board have it way worse. 

[74...]

Drew,

I was cooking dinner and I just remembered.

It's called progressive muscle relaxation. If you do wake up in the middle of the night it could help you get back to sleep.

There are you tube video's on it.

Hope you sleep well tonight :).

Ninj,

The longer wheel base is something I like for stability and for me the bigger wheels makes climbing easier. It's just hard to navigate through through tight technical rock gardens and single track so thank god it's rolls over things well. Overall it's really not that limiting. I'm not use to having such a heavy bike.

WTF is this 8th place over all. Dude, if I was better I'd kick your ass  :laugh:.

Strava stalker  :laugh:

You probably would kick my ass! I told my wife that it's such a new trail & I am probably the 8th guy to go up it  :laugh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pi...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [SB...]
    • [...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [Jo...]