Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

[85...]
We go to bed around here, dreaming of our Coffee next morning!!  :laugh: And we use this contraption that looks like it's from a chemistry lab- Chemex. Every time we have family in-they all say how much they hate our Coffee maker! But, yes, Coffee will be probably be my last request before leaving this Earth--far, far, far from now!!  ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't touch coffee during taper but now I can drink 2-3 cups and have no issues.  I found it lifts my mood and, helps with headaches, and gives me a boost in energy, and clears some of the fog.  If I ever get jittery form it it doesn't bother me as I know it will pass. 

Very sore in legs from heavier eliptical use than usual.  Rest day today since I have to be on stage for two hours tonight.  Feet and legs will be screaming by end of show.

On stage? For what?

I perform improvised theater.  usually 45 minutes of short form which is like the TV show Whose Line is it Anyway and the other 45 minutes is long form.Long form is usually where we'll get a suggestion and do a 40 minute made up play along a theme.Teh theme can be scifi, romantic comedy, etc...  I psecialize in made up episodes of Twiight Zone and silent films.

I perform improvised theater.  usually 45 minutes of short form which is like the TV show Whose Line is it Anyway and the other 45 minutes is long form.Long form is usually where we'll get a suggestion and do a 40 minute made up play along a theme.Teh theme can be scifi, romantic comedy, etc...  I psecialize in made up episodes of Twiight Zone and silent films.

No shit....thats awesome you are still able to do that....How long did it take after jumping til you could get on stage again? Talk about beating anxiety lol.

thx CP...I actually never stopped. If I stopped performing and working in my career the benzos would have mentally won.  I went out there feeling like I was going to drop dead so many times but it forced me to face the panic and learn that it was harmless.  My fellow performers know what I am going through and while they can't ever imagine how bad it was/is they are understanding.  if I really felt bad I would tell them I might not take a big part tonight.  on that note...a funny story...about a month ago we were doing a hero's journey type story that is very focused on one character.  i told my players I felt off and I didn't want the lead.  By some mix up I ended up being the lead and was on stage for 30 minutes straight.  I survived and it was more proof sometimes we don't know how strong we actually are.   

Drew, you're an inspiration, buddy. Facing that anxiety is a powerful thing to do. I'm glad you're doing it. Thanks for telling us about it.

I just spoke to my friend who is a neurologist. Neurologist know more about the brain than Pdoc's. He said the BEST work out should be 20 to 30 minutes of any type of cardio and 20-30 minutes of lifting weights and building muscle. He said that lifting weights is excellent for the brain and will expedite healing. I realize not everyone can go to a gym or work out, however you can buy weights and work out at home. Even if you buy 5 pd weights it will be beneficial. I just got back from the gym where I lifted weights for 20 minutes and I just did 30 jumping jacks for the first time ever and I feel FAB!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend :) :)

Fran

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/03/weightlifting-memory-brain-video_n_5926320.html

It's been a rough week so I went three days without exercising. Today was another don't-feel-like-moving days but I was determined to try. I managed to go to the gym and lift weights for 30 minutes then hike my hill/mountain course for 35 minutes. So glad I did it despite how very hard it was. Now I feel better about chillin'.

Great video. I got caught up in these mock nature documentary videos. Here's one:

The one on ducks is pretty hilarious too but rather off color.

It's been a rough week so I went three days without exercising. Today was another don't-feel-like-moving days but I was determined to try. I managed to go to the gym and lift weights for 30 minutes then hike my hill/mountain course for 35 minutes. So glad I did it despite how very hard it was. Now I feel better about chillin'.

I should have jumped in and asked to join the thread but I haven't exercised in about five months.  I think I can post now because I went back to exercise yesterday.  Last year I exercised steadily from August to December and it made things so much easier.  I joined a gym but also walked at night.

When I was really doing it seriously (similar to recommendations in this thread) I found that my w/d symptoms would go away while I exercised!  Even sitting on a stationary bike I found that as long as I was pedaling I felt okay.  At the time I used this to get 30 minutes or so break from symptoms.  Given my wild ride in the past two years I'm thankful for any break from symptoms I can get!  Even 30 minutes.

Today I didn't exercise and instead danced with my mop cleaning for two hours.  It's all I can handle today when I feel like hiding.  But it's better than when I do hide the day away.  I'll get back on exercising tomorrow.

I like this thread.

Nice article Fran

I've always thought weight lifting has more health benefits than it is given credit for. IMO, the reason is from a researchers standpoint it is a lot easier to get a rat to do endurance exercise like running on a wheel  than pumping iron. This is why a lot more lab type research is done with endurance rather than resistance type exercise.

Bart

Bart, reading your post put the image in my mind of little rats doing bench presses under a scanner. Wouldn't that be the day.

One Year, I think a lot of us have that experience of feeling more normal while we're exercising. Sometimes I try to figure out while it's happening if it's all the element of distraction or the exercise itself. Regardless, it makes it a little easier to do it. I think dancing with your mop is great exercise. My house could use more of that :laugh::smitten:

Nice article Fran

I've always thought weight lifting has more health benefits than it is given credit for. IMO, the reason is from a researchers standpoint it is a lot easier to get a rat to do endurance exercise like running on a wheel  than pumping iron. This is why a lot more lab type research is done with endurance rather than resistance type exercise.

Bart

Bart-Whenever I have a little wave I run to my gym and I lift weights for 20 minutes and my wave always abates. I leave the gym feeling great and I am usually in a window for the rest of the day. The owner of my gym said he has never seen me so much...haha

I hope that everyone is feeling well and has a great Saturday!!

Fran

[85...]

Good for you, Fran:thumbsup:

Getting prepared for vacation tomorrow AND a cut tomorrow!  :o

I will be hiking on sand for the rest of the week!  :clap:

Hope you all have a wonderful week and keep moving, my BBs!  :smitten:

Have a great time, Ingrid.

Boy, there's so much fluctuation with this wd thing. I've been able to do dance-dance revolution for an hour for a while now but this week the two times I've done it I've struggled to make it 45 minutes. I do it like circuit training with push ups, planks and jogging/sprinting in place between songs. My legs are TIRED but I did it!

shXX, so disturbed with my last post

that i can't remember if i did 2 times running today

or only once 2 laps...

well, normally i run twice a day....

:crazy:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [El...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [je...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [ro...]