Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

[0c...]

Hello!  ;D I did my 4 mi hike this morning in nature. Truly, a glorious day. I actually did yard work most of the day yesterday. I picked up concrete rubble, moved pipes to crawl space, push mowed, trimmed shrubs...that was enough! Never made it on my hike. I got in a nap too!  :thumbsup:

Good day to all!  ;D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

5 : 10 pm

got earlier home today, skyped with my angel...

did 2 laps and 1 hour biking

just now...

its sunny , so I'm going out to take some pics with blossoming magnolia

and some 'art' nature pics in the forest...

i hope everyone is doing okey :sick:

v

Hi all  :thumbsup: I went for my two hours walk with nature yesterday and today, and i am NOT doing anything above that after reading were a lot of people pushed it and are now in the same boat as I end up in if I go for it ''The SS shouldn't have done that''  :sick: I'm truly sorry for those of you that are  suffering  :hug::( and those of you who are able to do much more well done,  :hug:  :)

My walk is enough to finish me as well if I try to go faster, further, for longer, and at times a lot less is enough if I try to ignore even tiny signals to leave it for another time. :D I now know that what I do without accelerating myself on a good morning is enough, and not decide that I feel so good I can just rev on with zero consequences, oh no I can not :o So staying at this pace while its working for me and If I need to do less or nothing and just rest for a while thats okay too, its all part of healing.

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova, I agree we need to listen to our bodies. To be as active as our bodies can tolerate but not push too far and make ourselves worse.

Drew, I'm glad you were able to get those workouts in. I know that feels better.

Ingrid, you sound like you did great!

Vasalisa, I'm so glad you were able to Skype with your daughter. Yay!

I took today off after working all day. I just couldn't muster it up for yoga but tomorrow I should be able to take a good long hike.

[73...]

Hey Kids,

I have been out for a while. Work has picked up but I finally :thumbsup:.

Got my Mountain Bike all fixed and ready to hit the river trail and get out in nature and look at all the wild flowers. My neighbor who owns a bike shop and reminds me he is the 35+ national road champion  ::) wants to sell me a new carbon :laugh:. I'm not worthy at this rate :(.

This is an active so thread and it's hard to keep up with all you busy bodies  :laugh:

Have a good night.

Hi all  :thumbsup: I went out for my morning walk and cut it to an hour and a slower pace half way through as I was okay when I started out but then pain and that '''Your body's just gained a ton in weight, and your wearing Divers boots''' feeling hit me and muscle spasms got worse :D So I headed back home while I was able to move at an even slower pace as I didn't want to aggravate the aggravation even further  :sick:

So today's now a day of rest, and doing just Whats necessary at home, the only reason my walk was an hour is because of the distance I had to go to get back home otherwise it would definitely have been less time. :P I also forgot I'm now making daily cuts of my Diazepam so thats probably going to need a bit of time to settle as well, or maybe not too bad later on or tomorrow who knows, but whatever it is what it is when it is ;)

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

good article.  I just finished a 1/2 hour on sadistic eliptical type of machine.  I kept my HR around 140.  I have gotten so out of shape during this whole ordeal that it annoys me.  My LDL cholesterol is 181 and overall i am at 248.  Luckily my hdl is 50 and triglycerides are 80 which are really good.  I have taken a renewed interest in eating even better than I do but I think the final key to getting my numbers down is weight loss.  I have lost almost 4 pounds in the last two weeks.  I do not eat any processed foods, no added sugar, only healthy fats, pasteur raised meats, and no gluten.  No way in hell I am going on a statin so hope everything comes together for me.  I rant... :crazy:     

What a day!

hlDvhOlyj

One hour (3x20 min) indoor skydiving followed by dosage cut followed by 1.5h amateur yoga class (first time in my life)!  :DYoga is amazing!! Adding it to my recovery program!

Hope everyone is doing great!  :smitten:

Mr. Anderson FANTASTIC!!! Keep up the good work!

THANK YOU!!! ;) Guys I want You to know that during the day/week I feel like crap often but when I'm pushing my self, more and more windows emerge! That's the way to go! Even walking is great when I don't have the strength for anything else!

Just did the equivalent of 17 flights of stairs in ten minutes. Walked from my office to my therapist.  Ah...the hills of SF  :laugh:

Nicely done, Mr. Anderson. Do you take your name from the Matrix?

I've had two nonexercise days. Anyone else hit times where they feel weak again? I'm having this temp thing where it climbs and crashes over and over and exhausts me. I should be able to exercise Friday I hope.

I've had two nonexercise days. Anyone else hit times where they feel weak again? I'm having this temp thing where it climbs and crashes over and over and exhausts me. I should be able to exercise Friday I hope.

Yes....I missed Monday and Tuesday but my goal is five a week.

I get it MT :hug: its common amongst us Benzo Warriors :oXo: I not long ago hit apatch where I was only able to do 15 to 20mins very slow short walk and ended up laid up for about 6 weeks or maybe longer? :-\ I now have cut my 2 hours hike down to 1 hour slow walk. But just as I thought that was me for the day after an hours walk yesterday  morning, :D my sxs levels dropped back down in the afternoon enough for me to be able to go  back out for another hours walk along the river. :)

Same again today not too bad starting out but in a few minutes I feel like I've got a body made of lead and breathing is a struggle along with other sxs warming up ::) so did an hour again today, cool pic Mr Anderson :thumbsup: I want to know how to upload pics on any posts wherever on BB as well like Fran is asking as I have some nice ones I take when I'm out in nature and thought it might be nice to share them as I enjoy seeing other peoples  8)

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Mr Anderson-How do you attach pics on BB?

I have an free account on ImageShack. I upload my photos and use the option "LINK" (copy link of my photo from imageshack and paste it here using image button- tiny Mona Lisa)

Hope everyone's doing great!

Sadly I must admit that I do feel yesterdays cut :| I'll try some swimming today. Hope it will help!

Stay strong my friends!!! :smitten:

Ok...Today was one of those days. Had some trouble getting out of bed, morning anxiety blah blah blah  :crazy:

Pushed my self: 10 minutes walk in worm sun to the swimming pool. Did 30 laps  (20 meters each) of slow relaxation. No Michael Phelps mode today :) Nice, sunny walk back home (lucky to live nearby the sports center)

Hope You guys are fighting strong!

[0c...]

I had a nice, sunny, long hike! I truly enjoyed myself.  :thumbsup:

So, how many here start their day with Coffee? I know it's tough for some, due to anxiety/insomnia. But Coffee seems to give me a boost in my energy and emotionally. I love it.  :smitten:

[73...]

I had a nice, sunny, long hike! I truly enjoyed myself.  :thumbsup:

So, how many here start their day with Coffee? I know it's tough for some, due to anxiety/insomnia. But Coffee seems to give me a boost in my energy and emotionally. I love it.  :smitten:

Girl...coffee is my favorite thing in the whole world. Not ever giving it up. Lots of cream and a little surger. I don't care if it makes my anxiety worse. It's worth it :thumbsup:.

Hi Ingrid-Glad to hear that you had a great hike this AM. It's cold in the northeast today and 46 degrees. I worked out for 80 minutes (40 minutes on the elliptical, 40 on the treadmill). Going to go to the gym soon to lift weights.

Every morning I have coffee. I have 1 cup of decaf and 1/2 cup of regular coffee mixed together. I'm going to start adding more coffee as I continue to heal. Only way to know if I can tolerate it is to try it:)

I hope you and everyone else has a great day!

I couldn't touch coffee during taper but now I can drink 2-3 cups and have no issues.  I found it lifts my mood and, helps with headaches, and gives me a boost in energy, and clears some of the fog.  If I ever get jittery form it it doesn't bother me as I know it will pass. 

Very sore in legs from heavier eliptical use than usual.  Rest day today since I have to be on stage for two hours tonight.  Feet and legs will be screaming by end of show. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Gr...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [El...]
    • [An...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [ro...]
    • [...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [mc...]