Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

Just got back from a nice early evening surf session. I rode a 6-7 ft wave that went on forever. All the hard work I've put in is paying off. I feel fortunate to have been able to be active through this.

OH! I was right next to an otter and her pup. I see otters all the time, but never a baby. That was pretty sweet.

Jenny I was scoping your timeline and I see some similarities. It's mostly physical for me at this point too and I just had an acute like wave during month 9. I know there's no sense in comparing but it's just interesting.

Great job Drew and others. Keep getting out there if you can. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

almost 8:00 am

i did 2 laps and bike session...

i didn't overdo it this morning

because I'm planing

to do it again 2 more times...

its a day off... :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

v

:crazy:

Just another walk on a boat in a storm....really bad today. Dpdr was so intense, shallow breathing, burning, shakes and visuals. I wanna get out of this, nothing feels real. No comfort.

Just another walk on a boat in a storm....really bad today. Dpdr was so intense, shallow breathing, burning, shakes and visuals. I wanna get out of this, nothing feels real. No comfort.

From: My Plan for Adrenal Fatigue Recovery :The humbled homemaker

Back in the summer, I participated in an intense exercise program. There is a time and place and season for exercise programs like this, but from my recent research on adrenal fatigue, I have learned that super intense exercise programs can do more harm than good.

Adrenal fatigue is a result of your body being in a state of near constant stress, and that can be mental, emotional, or physical stress. The physical stress of these programs can actually cause someone with adrenal fatigue to hold onto weight!

“Prolonged and frequent high-intensity aerobic exercise will only make things worse. Anything above half your maximum effort will cause substantial elevations in cortisol levels. As a consequence, this will block fat loss, even though you might be burning more calories.” ~Dr. Alan Christianson, The Adrenal Reset Diet

Hi CP  :hug: Hi all  :hug: I found this article above that  shows with the stress, which cortisol levels and adrenal fatigue/burn out thats all caused by benzo withdrawal, high intensity exercise is a no go and that explains why people get all sorts of pains, strains, and worn out and  more sxs or waves by pushing ourselves too hard right now.  :boxer:

We  all know we need to exercise when we're able but really need to proceed with caution even when we feel we can go flat out. believe me I feel like going hard at it  on times. But I've learned its no good, I may be able to keep the pace up for an amount  unknown time, think its for the best,and I'm doing the right thing.  ???

But in the end no matter what my good intentions, somewhere along the path  I end up spending so much time in with  aggravated sxs  or a bad wave and out of action that the previous exercise I was able to do is then of no consequence at all . And causing more damage and pushing  my healing  backwards and more  overall muscle waste by laying me up longer each time than if I was plodding slowly along each day doing whatever I can each day. ::)

So slowly and gently is good for healing not my  normal exercise routines and running around all day non stop living life like I  stole it as I was able to before, I'm still living life but now at a pace in tune with what needs to be done and place limitations on things I never gave a seconds thought to before. A little each day is way better than fast and furious and then full stop indefinitely for ages  now, I don't stress and not being able to do the exercise routine I  want to do but am restricted by non self imposed limitations .  :)

The restriction is our bodies way of protecting its self from us pushing it out of its healing zone, it knows what it needs to do to heal far better than we or any one out side our bodies. It needs a lot of energy in different places at one time while its under going all these mental and physical, spiritual repairs, I believed that walking was a waste of time and ran everywhere.

I was high energy from a tiny kid and ran jumped skipped and hopped always taking the hardest route as I loved the challenge, but these day's I am grateful as long as I can walk even it its just about around my home a lot of the time, I also love hiking outdoors for many hours and now I'm grateful  that this week even with my sxs I am blessed to be able to bear with it and my body is able to tolerate an hour or two hours out in the open each morning this week.  ;D

As I don't know which second might be the one that lays me out unable to do anything again, I thought I  had had it last nite as the pain in my body and my feet was awful and I could barley tolerate walking from my lounge to my bedroom to lay down and my legs were restless as hell and flapping about. And my mental symptoms? I won't even go there I know we're all suffering and I wish I had one answer for everyone but I can't find the answers for myself so go along with what my body and mental realm  dictates and try and accept that everything is all relevant to healing even the hell bits. >:D

I am so grateful yesterday and today I got out and about, and this morning I went to the local lake in a beautiful country park near me to visit the Ducks and Doves , and all the other birds and wildlife there and walked back along the river by my home visiting the Foxes , and the through the woods for a couple of hours. I am hoping to be able to go for a walk this  afternoon or evening  as walking is the big recommendation for Cortisol levels and Adrenal burn out/ fatigue, but you don't have to do it flat out bit by bit and build up to an hour or two is the plan.  8)

And being able to function around my home no matter how much or little is a gift as well and if anything I do is causing me pain or begins to aggravate anything I listen to my body's alarm signals and stop and leave it alone  until such time I can do it with no discomfort or any warning body signals tripping off :thumbsup:

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Drew, just saw your post. Happy for you man

Nova....interesting. I've made the decision to stop pushing myself. I dont really have a choice, my legs feel like they are going to strain or tear just walking around the house.

Hi everyone  :) it's been awhile...I've been changing almost everything up the last month working very hard to immerse myself back into my life.

I'm beginning to see a really nice trend and I have to admit I think it has to be the exercise :D I have been pushing and I mean pushing my daily walking pace at lunchtime to nearly a run. It feels like a workout, if you know what I mean. I'd love to say it's been easier than 6 months ago, that wouldn't be true :laugh:

I still have the hugely agoraphobic sxs, and I also have an uptick in sxs for roughly an hour after I've finished. BUT....and this is huge, after that burns off I'm generally calmer and feel better the rest of the day. Good stuff.  :thumbsup:

So while abandoning exercise 6 months ago was the right decision at the time, I have to say taking it back up at this point in time was also the right decision for me  ;)

That's awesome Saga! I remember during my last CT when it was helping me so much (which is why I'm so confused as to how I can't even do it now and get seemingly no benefit) Guess I'll just have to wait. Keep it up!

Hi everyone  :) it's been awhile...I've been changing almost everything up the last month working very hard to immerse myself back into my life.

I'm beginning to see a really nice trend and I have to admit I think it has to be the exercise :D I have been pushing and I mean pushing my daily walking pace at lunchtime to nearly a run. It feels like a workout, if you know what I mean. I'd love to say it's been easier than 6 months ago, that wouldn't be true :laugh:

I still have the hugely agoraphobic sxs, and I also have an uptick in sxs for roughly an hour after I've finished. BUT....and this is huge, after that burns off I'm generally calmer and feel better the rest of the day. Good stuff.  :thumbsup:

So while abandoning exercise 6 months ago was the right decision at the time, I have to say taking it back up at this point in time was also the right decision for me  ;)

That's brilliant Saga  :hug: I get agoraphobic but like yourself I push myself out otherwise I know I'd end up house bound indefinitely like I did previously. Great to see your making  good progress and its also good for others of us in the same position to see your success and that it does get better in time :thumbsup:

Nova xxxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Bravo Saga23 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

so good to have you here :smitten:

i came back from my killer* bike session...

i call it killer* because i drive one way till i get so exhausted

and then on my way back i curse everything  :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

im so drained and spent to bike its not even funny...

BUT IT DOWNPLAYS MY DEPRESSION :thumbsup:

v

Bravo Saga23 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

so good to have you here :smitten:

i came back from my killer* bike session...

i call it killer* because i drive one way till i get so exhausted

and then on my way back i curse everything  :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

im so drained and spent to bike its not even funny...

BUT IT DOWNPLAYS MY DEPRESSION :thumbsup:

v

Good for you vasilisa  :hug: I know how much your suffering and am glad that something is helping to ease your pain sweet heart  :hug: ''Keep on trucking''  :thumbsup: or in you case Biking  ;D

CP and Nova, I agree that during this process we need to listen to our bodies. What they are capable of can really fluctuate. Sometimes we can push and sometimes pushing makes us much worse.

I was down for the count all of yesterday. Today I'm tired but not sick. Yay! I'm hoping to do some Dance-Dance Revolution for exercise later today but mostly I'm taking it easy.

I just finished a 3.5 mile hill hike and no anxiety at all. Minor physical but I'm a pro w those.  Two days of a window :smitten:

I agree w not maxing out.  Every time I have I've paid dearly. I try and keep my hr at 145 or less most of my exercise. Occasionally up to 160.  That works for me right now.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Great job to everyone who got out there today. 

Drew So happy for you with the window!  Yes!

LDR  So nice to think about you enjoying SoCal and your Fitbit.  My husband just got one and he loves it.

Whoever was doing that air flying in the machine that was AAAmazing!

I'm just walking in the rain in GA today.  Took a little piece of benadryl when I woke up at 4am Again and went back to sleep but can hardly stay away all day.  sleep worth it. maybe.

Just got back from walking the dog for 20 minutes, the fastest pace to date  :thumbsup:

It's a little chilly here and I find whenever my hands get cold I get horrible sharp pain in my fingers as they're "dethawing" :-\ Thanks Benzos!!!!

[da...]

I haven't posted on here in a while. Is it okay to join in again?

I put one of my bikes on a trainer and ride in doors and have built up some strength. Last time I posted here I couldn't even get off the couch :sick:.

The weather is warning up here so I want to hit the Mountain Bike trails again. I love being out in nature:) It is the only thing that really helps my sxs's.

Drew: it looks like you have Come a long way. :thumbsup:

VG

Back from gym and my 1 mile on treadmill with a few 30 sec runs. The whole time I am driving and there I am screaming inside I just want to come home and lay down. It is terrible to feel this way all day everyday. But I pushed through it and did it. Now home, showered and back in bad until bus stop time. I have to believe it is helping my brain and the deconditioning from 18 hours a day lying down.

So very frustrating! It just feels like a vicious circle.

Welcome back, VG!

You did great Seriously, getting yourself to the gym. I believe we are really helping our brains and fighting the deconditioning aspect helps a lot. It takes time.

[da...]

I guess I spoke to soon. I went to hard this weekend. I worked then went out to see a friend then tried to ride and now I have bad to fatigue and feel sickly  :sick:. I always push to hard. It's just in my nature and I pay the price. When will I ever learn :idiot:.

Hope everyone has a great day:smitten:.

[47...]
Hi VG Glad you're back!  ;) Im sorry you did too much over the weekend. I have the opposite problem. I am not doing enough. I think Ive taken more naps in my recliner than I should!  :laugh: Ive been putting in ear buds and listening to ASMR on Youtube and been lazy.  >:(

8 :15 pm

just did 2 laps...

no biking today...the wind is freaking strong...

got my appointment for my hairdresser  :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

i won't cut it just some blond highlights :crazy:

i should be careful at work answering my mothers phone

today i landed on my psych :idiot:

good that she didn't realise it was me

i was pretending to be my mother >:D

v

It was another stormy day here. I felt tired (I know, shocking) and nauseated but decided I could push through 30 minutes of dance-dance revolution with jogging and pushups between songs. Super hard but I started to get into it after a couple of minutes and felt so glad I did afterwards. Made it through 36 minutes. Sometimes I think that whenever I have the thought that moving is "impossible" I should automatically know it's BS...but every so often it really is :laugh:

Great job vasilisa and mt.  I took the day off as I did two big workouts on weekend and my DR was so thick today.

Hi all  :thumbsup: I went for my two hours walk with nature yesterday and today, and i am NOT doing anything above that after reading were a lot of people pushed it and are now in the same boat as I end up in if I go for it ''The SS shouldn't have done that''  :sick: I'm truly sorry for those of you that are  suffering  :hug::( and those of you who are able to do much more well done,  :hug:  :)

My walk is enough to finish me as well if I try to go faster, further, for longer, and at times a lot less is enough if I try to ignore even tiny signals to leave it for another time. :D I now know that what I do without accelerating myself on a good morning is enough, and not decide that I feel so good I can just rev on with zero consequences, oh no I can not :o So staying at this pace while its working for me and If I need to do less or nothing and just rest for a while thats okay too, its all part of healing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [El...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [je...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [ro...]
    • [...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [mc...]