Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

[54...]
Nova and Mr Anderson  ;D I should be more adventurous, shouldnt I? There is a really cool zip line not too far from me, that goes over mtns and thru forests. Ive been thinking of trying it?! But fear has held me back.  :-\

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Ingrid-There is no way these two women could have pissed me off. I actually felt bad for them because being jealous and mean is a sad and a terrible trait to have. These type of people will never be happy. I haven't been posting that much because it's SPRING and I'm getting out more. When I work out in the AM I figured out that my Macbook fits on my treadmill...hahahaha

I'm so glad that you are feeling well and that you are exercising! Keep it up!

Fran:)

Nova and Mr Anderson  ;D I should be more adventurous, shouldnt I? There is a really cool zip line not too far from me, that goes over mtns and thru forests. Ive been thinking of trying it?! But fear has held me back.  :-\

There's one very near me in Wales UK Ingrid  here, http://www.zipworld.co.uk/ I was planning to go throw myself all over the place there and in the underground Cavern as well but thats not possible right now. I had a partial window which I thought were my so celled ''illnesses' going in to a ''small remission'' as I was told this time last year, and a group of friends booked us all in, but I had to bow out when I developed Vertigo.  Another common benzo sxs,  ::) But I'm still planning to go do it as soon as I'm able to  :thumbsup:

Nova xxxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Ingrid! Fear? We fight benzo withdrawl...nothing, NOTHING is scarier than that. But now rush, right? There are days when brushing my teeth is an accomplishment :)

There's one very near me in Wales UK Ingrid  here, http://www.zipworld.co.uk/ I was planning to go throw myself all over the place there and in the underground Cavern as well but thats not possible right now. I had a partial window which I thought were my so celled ''illnesses' going in to a ''small remission'' as I was told this time last year, and a group of friends booked us all in, but I had to bow out when I developed Vertigo.  Another common benzo sxs,  ::) But I'm still planning to go do it as soon as I'm able to  :thumbsup:

Nova xxxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Heers the underground One Ingrid, its the world largest under ground one  :)http://www.go-below.co.uk/zip-below.asp

plus Underground  Trampoline I'm going to go on http://www.treehugger.com/culture/bounce-below-worlds-first-trampoline-park-abandoned-slate-mine-wales.html

Nova xxxxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone! Just heading out to do my daily walk.....it's a beautiful day here in Ontario  :)

Looks like everyone is hiking, walking, jogging, swimming and surfing their way to peace and freedom. It's so nice to see everyone doing what they are capable of at their stage in recovery  :thumbsup:

Fran - I'm glad you aren't upset about the disagreements you've had with fellow members. Perhaps they are coming from a place of frustration as not everyone can exercise or sleep as much as they would like. Its all in the delivery of the advice/message, which is sometimes difficult to sift through when online. I wouldn't wish KARMA on them, but maybe wish for their sleep to be restored and their bodies to be able to handle exercise. Exercise doesn't cure benzo w/d, but I believe it helps for sure and it's saddens me that some people aren't able to do it.

Ingrid - I don't think members would be nasty to you for simply feeling good. To me, that would be inspirational.....especially to newcomers as the forum is filled with a lot of worst case scenario's. I think a story of someone doing a slow taper, like you, and feeling good, will give people hope.

Dragged myself to the gym this morning and took Yoga. It's been at least a year since I've done it. I had a few min extra so got in a half mile walk first on treadmill. It was a tough class for me, I'm stiff and weak. Got pretty sweaty. Did better on balancing than I expected. Home and showered and back in bed. Baby steps. Although it is a struggle I think it is really helping me and counteracting my 18 hours I am laying down every day.

Mr. Anderson- Your normal weight will return in time. I lost 30% of my body weight and it came back with out doing anything special. It just takes your normal appetite returning over time.

Fran- Please keep posting about how good you're doing. There are folks at all different levels of healing here. Unfortunately some are too sick at the moment to see that someone else getting well is a good sign for everyone. Their thinking is a bit distorted right now. They're not bad people.

Great job SD on the first yoga class in a year. 

My headache had left me along with all the funky chemical  anxiety it brings.  Very busy day and hopefully I'll get out later today.

[54...]
Thanks for the links Nova;D I never knew such stuff existed. I'd love to do those things, esp the underground trampolines!!  :D

[54...]
Kiddo and Wonder thanks for pointing out things I hadnt considered.  :smitten: I also know that one day I could be miserable from all this tapering and look for inspiration in others' journeys.  :thumbsup:

Mr Anderson that looks FAB!!  Good job!!

BabyAngel-I agree with you 100%. Exercise saved me and it has helped me so much. I can't fathom where I would be without working out for 2 to 2 1/2 hours per day even when I went off c/t I never missed a work out. It even helped restored my sleep and I'm sleeping 8 hours a night without anything. Sad to say but there are a couple of women on BB who have been out right nasty to me simply because I am able to exercise or I am sleeping. One word KARMA. Keep working out everyone!! Your BDNF and Gaba will thank you. I just did 70 minutes on the elliptical and now I am walking on my treadmill for 4 miles. I'll go to the gym later to lift weights and row. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

wow thats very good you exercise alot ! you must be vrey healthy . i ran this morning for 20 minutes then right now im pushing a lawnmower its going to take another hour to finish i just had to stop to use the restroom. . it feels very good afterwards for hours to me unfortunatnly i smoke cigarettes :( thats something i really need to work on quitting but thats a very good job your doing miss  AlwaysFrantastic. to me there was no "magic pill" that eezed withdrawal just exercise and activate alot each day . i hope you have a good weekend too  :hug:

can you do me a big favor and hug your puppy thats in your avatar picture it looks so cute!! :smitten:

Katie (babyangel)

Wondernova-Today I feel really happy like my old self. I have been experiencing the tight head band when I work out on the elliptical so today I took one Advil before I worked out. 5 minutes into my work out I felt the tight head band but I had no pain associated with it. It did abate within 10 minutes. I'm wondering why I feel it when I am on the elliptical jumping up and down and never on the treadmill. Hmmmmmm. Any thoughts? I also just bought Stoney Field Organic yogurt. It has a strain called L Rhamnosus which has been proven in mice to increase Gaba a receptors. It has not been proven in humans but I eat yogurt daily so why not try it.

Kiddo1977-I was brought up always to be nice to everyone and I instilled this in my children. We have all had bad days however it's so important that we should be nice to everyone on BB. We are all going through a brain injury. What is the point to be mean to someone on this site and where does it get you? No place that's the sad part.

Ingrid - I don't think members would be nasty to you for simply feeling good. To me, that would be inspirational.....especially to newcomers as the forum is filled with a lot of worst case scenario's. I think a story of someone doing a slow taper, like you, and feeling good, will give people hope.

:thumbsup:

Thank You Wondernova! I sure hope so! :-) I'm thin as a broomstick  :laugh:

nova 1 I hope You'll be able to get back to Your favourite activities soon!

Love this thread! So much positive energy!  :smitten:

Babyangel-My puppy is 11 years old. Her name is Casey and she is a Cockapoo. Right now she is barking for my lunch but when she stops I'll give her a hug for you:)

I have been working out for the past 23 years 7 days a week. I love it and yes (knock wood) I am very healthy and in great shape.

Have a great weekend and good job mowing the lawn...that's hard work!!

Fran

I'm not sure what the head pressure is Fran. There's a support group for it and I'm sure they have some theories about what causes it, but I don't have it nearly as often as I used to so I just kinda ignore it. I know the common tension headache can feel like a band around the head. I don't know why it would happen while working out though. Let us know if you figure anything out. It's a very common sx.

Mr. Anderson, don't be afraid to eat. As Dr. Ashton even says humans are adapted to eat a variety of food and there's no purpose to putting unnecessary restrictions on your diet, unless you have an allergy of course.

[54...]

Even just walking is good, sometimes CP  :thumbsup:

Vasilisa  :laugh: I talk to myself too. But it's usually about things I need to get done for our business and around the house!

I will have to miss my usual Saturday 5 mi hike, as Mom is coming to spend the day with me.  :smitten: I cant subject her to that. Perhaps, I can get her to do a 2 miler?  :-\

CrazyPants-Everyday you are not taking a benzo you are healing. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time but please remember when you feel bad your brain is working so hard to up regulate! Hang in there!

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone is having a great work out today. My newest work out obsession is body planks. I always lift weights at the gym but since I started doing body planks daily it truly is a great upper body work out. My upper arms feel like steel...lol  I'm only using 5 pd weights.

Fran

2 more laps just now...

i couldn't go for a long bike session

because my dad has to come with me...that forest road for the bikes

is not safe for a girl alone :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

:crazy:

hell... :crazy:

just came back from some SERIOUS bike session

for over one hour :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

I'm laying in bed totally spent  :crazy:

Biking for an hour...nice job!  I was sitting on the couch and realized I felt okay and had no anxiety. It's about 80 here and I was in the mood to jog instead of walk. I usually end up regretting it but sometimes I go with my gut. I jogged 2 miles in 23 minutes. Not record breaking but I'm happy w it.  I did get the "runners trots" as soon as I got home.  :P. On the bright side, absolutely zero anxiety or adrenaline rushes during or after run.  Off to my Epsom salt bath.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Gr...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [El...]
    • [An...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [ro...]
    • [...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [mc...]