Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

[La...]

I almost never Laugh Out Loud, though I drop it in my posts alot. Maybe a chuckle. "COL".

I don't think I've enjoyed a good belly laugh since this business began.... That you can't remember what your laugh sounds like or feels like is really heartbreaking to read.  :'(

Terry, what are your concerns about working with weights? Why the spike in anxiety? Are they too heavy? Can you lighten them up a bit and then work your way up gradually, bit by bit? Are you concerned that you'll hurt yourself? Again, that's where a PT could come in. S/he could devise a plan that's more appropriate so that you feel confident, not anxious. You're right that we gals have to be concerned about our bones. I'm sure mine are at risk, but I can't walk, really. I'm hoping that my (very) light weights might be helping a bit. The other side of that is nutrition, and well, there are so many changing theories on what's required that it's nuts!

Let us know how it goes with the yoga, Terry. Just be good to yourself, which means keeping it up, but not stressing yourself. There must be a happy medium in there somewhere!  :)

Working with weights, I notice, causes an uptick in anxiety. Maybe they're too much. I've had the same weights for about 25 years! They're just 5 pounds for the upper body, but that's where I feel it most. The legs - I've been walking for quite awhile, so no problem there. I always eat well, have plenty of fruits and vegetables. But I'm overly sensitive. That's the problem. It could be my age, too. As you know, the benzos (especially Klonopin) can have long-lasting symptoms. I usually see former K users who have difficulty exercising, so I know it's not just me.

On the other hand, maybe I'll just walk tomorrow and take a day off from yoga/weights!

Thanks so much, Lapis! And thanks, also, Shook!

Terry,

You should definitely give yourself a break from the weights. Why not do it every other day? That way, you get the benefits, but you don't overdo it. A walk sounds fab! I'll go with you..... :-*

I almost never Laugh Out Loud, though I drop it in my posts alot. Maybe a chuckle. "COL".

I don't think I've enjoyed a good belly laugh since this business began.... That you can't remember what your laugh sounds like or feels like is really heartbreaking to read.  :'(

Yeah, I think I can do "chuckle", but not necessarily out loud. I used to laugh all the time, but this benzo beast has got me really down. Laughter is a beautiful thing, and I miss it. Thanks, Shook. I guess you get it. Check out the Dana Carvey/Steve Carell thing and see if you can get a little chuckle!  ;)

COL  :)

Never really saw what the fuss was about over Carell, but always liked Carvey. He should've had a brilliant career after SNL.... He smiled a little at one point in the sketch and I was waiting for him to crack up!

That sketch used to get me chuckling right from the get-go. When you mentioned "Mr. Holland's Opus" and called it a "feel-good movie", I couldn't help but think of this sketch again (even though I haven't thought about it in ages), so thanks for that, Shook!

It's getting late, and it's been another difficult, dizzy day for me. If my every-other-day pattern holds true, then tomorrow should be a bit better for me. I really need a break!

Shook, perhaps you've trotted off to bed already, and if so, I hope you're having sweet dreams. G'night to everyone else who might be dropping in tonight! May you find yourselves on solid ground tomorrow. Tonight's solid ground song is "Like A Rock", by Bob Seger.  :)

Okay, are you ready for a bionic vestibular system?! I just read about some recent research on vestibular prostheses that are being tried for those with no vestibular function at all. Of course, that's not us, and our systems should normalize over time, but it's good to see that there's major research going on in this field. Have a look!

"Bionic balance organs: progress in the development of vestibular prostheses"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28859067

Terry, what are your concerns about working with weights? Why the spike in anxiety? Are they too heavy? Can you lighten them up a bit and then work your way up gradually, bit by bit? Are you concerned that you'll hurt yourself? Again, that's where a PT could come in. S/he could devise a plan that's more appropriate so that you feel confident, not anxious. You're right that we gals have to be concerned about our bones. I'm sure mine are at risk, but I can't walk, really. I'm hoping that my (very) light weights might be helping a bit. The other side of that is nutrition, and well, there are so many changing theories on what's required that it's nuts!

Let us know how it goes with the yoga, Terry. Just be good to yourself, which means keeping it up, but not stressing yourself. There must be a happy medium in there somewhere!  :)

Working with weights, I notice, causes an uptick in anxiety. Maybe they're too much. I've had the same weights for about 25 years! They're just 5 pounds for the upper body, but that's where I feel it most. The legs - I've been walking for quite awhile, so no problem there. I always eat well, have plenty of fruits and vegetables. But I'm overly sensitive. That's the problem. It could be my age, too. As you know, the benzos (especially Klonopin) can have long-lasting symptoms. I usually see former K users who have difficulty exercising, so I know it's not just me.

On the other hand, maybe I'll just walk tomorrow and take a day off from yoga/weights!

Thanks so much, Lapis! And thanks, also, Shook!

Terry,

You should definitely give yourself a break from the weights. Why not do it every other day? That way, you get the benefits, but you don't overdo it. A walk sounds fab! I'll go with you..... :-*

Yes, I'm thinking of that. Maybe do it every third or fourth day. I'm trying to figure out a way to keep calm and still work with weights. I certainly don't feel any anxiety today, so that's good!!  Thanks for being there!! :hug:

Okay, are you ready for a bionic vestibular system?! I just read about some recent research on vestibular prostheses that are being tried for those with no vestibular function at all. Of course, that's not us, and our systems should normalize over time, but it's good to see that there's major research going on in this field. Have a look!

"Bionic balance organs: progress in the development of vestibular prostheses"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28859067

Ok, that's impressive. Colonel Steve Austin approves.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070121090712/bionic/images/7/76/Austin.jpg

Well, Shook, there's always the Bionic Woman for us gals!

Terry, you can do every other day, perhaps, and/or lighten the weights to something that feels more comfortable. Are you doing three sets of 10 reps?

Love Judy! Love this clip! Trying to ignore that she might have been on drugs to get her through the filming of this phenomenal film. I hope it's not true.

How are you doing, Shook? Hanging in there?

High Anxiety isn't just a Mel Brooks film in my sig anymore. I'm experiencing some. Not ready to blame the taper yet though. Just an accumulation of anxiety coming from different directions...

How about you?

I guess you're aware that a glossary of benzo terms is being compiled? I'm sure your input would be appreciated for all things "dizzy"!

Hey Shook,

If you're anxious, then you're in good company around here. Also, anyone in Hurricane Irma's path -- and those with loved ones there (me!) -- is fairly wired now too, I'm sure. We're all hanging on for the wild and wacky ride. Hoping for the best.

I'm not familiar with the benzo glossary. Who's doing it and what's it about?

I hope you get swift word from your loved ones that they are ok! As if life wasn't hard enough without having to contend with natural disasters!

You'll find the glossary thread under "Withdrawal Support"....

Hi Shook,

I'm a bit of a crying mess at this point, but thanks for asking. Dizzy, in pain, exhausted...had a bad night -- only about 3 hours of sleep. As I'm sure you know, everything looks and feels worse without sleep. What about you? Hanging in there okay? Still chuckling at stuff?  :)

Sorry to hear.

My chuckles are a little forced these days, but still trying.  :)

Heard on the radio that a lobster in Maine predicted a long summer! How about that! lol

Well, here where I am, we use groundhogs to predict seasons, so I'm not sure what to say about a lobster trying to edge its way into that profession. Maybe a little competition is good, but I prefer the friendly, furry fellas to the claw-carrying critters.  ;D

There's room for both silly traditions! col

"Passy Pete the lobster" here says "6 more weeks of summer"!

http://media.channel4000.com/media.etgdemo.com/photo_qa/2017/09/05/Lobster%20prediction_1504656585092.jpg_8413206_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

What a cutie pie! He looks delicious too! By the way, how does Passy Pete do his seasonal forecasting? Does it depend on how many fingers he grabs onto with his claws?