Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

[La...]

;D

That's Richard Wagner's "The Ride of the Valkyries"! I used it as my phone ring and always sang, "Kill the wabbit! Kill the wabbit!" Yes, I admit it. It was years ago, and I've since reformed. But it's one of the episodes and pieces of music that stuck with me all of these many years later.

;D

That's Richard Wagner's "The Ride of the Valkyries"!

Also popularized by and used to great effect in Apocalypse Now you may recall. But the music almost overpowers the visuals, as compelling as the destruction of a village by missile fire is...

So you were a bad girl once?  ;)

;D

Also popularized by and used to great effect in Apocalypse Now you may recall. But the music almost overpowers the visuals, as compelling as the destruction of a village by missile fire is...

Yes, I was.  8)

I never saw "Apocalypse Now". My only connection to that piece of music was Bugs et al. Also, I drove a Volkswagen "Wabbit" for years. I put one of those window stickers on (from the inside) that said, "Wabbit". Yup! Lots of comments on that one over the years. My car was easy to find in the lot.

I'm Canadian, so I haven't filled out that Medwatch form.

How are you hanging in, Shook? Okay so far? Watching Care Bears and cartoons and Gene Kelly movies to keep your spirits up? Whatever it takes, I say!

:thumbsup:

I am tapering Ativan... I was going through an ok period...had a lot of stress in my life and I crashed and burned. I have pretty intense vertigo and nausea.....what should I do?  Is there anything that helps.  I cut last Saturday.  Thanks for help

[59...]

Shook,you are stranded on a desert island,and you can only pick one bear to be stranded with?........

A Care bear

Pooh bear

The Charmin bear

A polar bear

:laugh:

I love Bugs Bunny too Lapis!

I always wanted Sylvester to catch Tweety bird smarty pants and eat him for dinner!He was sooo annoying!  :laugh:

Sorry you're going through a rough patch, Healing Seeker.

What's your vertigo like? Are they attacks where your eyes dart up and down, or side to side, and the room looks like it's literally spinning? Or a sense of dizziness and feeling off balance?

Hard to say which is the culprit. The Ativan or the acute stress, or a combination.

If you suspect it's the benzo, you could hold and see if you stabilize, and then consider making smaller reductions. But I'd do my best to minimize my stress. I'd almost certainly blame the nausea on it. If you're stressed you may be a shallow breather, which can bring on dizziness and a feeling of nausea. Monitor your breathing and practice taking deep, slow breaths, which should help. Look up breathing techniques, and stick with it. It takes some practice.

Be well.  :smitten:

Shook,you are stranded on a desert island,and you can only pick one bear to be stranded with?........

A Care bear

Pooh bear

The Charmin bear

A polar bear

:laugh:

I love Bugs Bunny too Lapis!

I always wanted Sylvester to catch Tweety bird smarty pants and eat him for dinner!He was sooo annoying!  :laugh:

:laugh: Yes!! Eat that bulbous-headed annoying tweety bird!

🤔 Hmm... Interesting question, 2200...

I guess a polar bear, because it's real, and eating its meat would help me survive for awhile. Assuming it doesn't kill me first.

I have vertigo that makes me bounce off walls. Feel like I'm falling off the John ... steps are horrible ... dizzy and off balance. Worse when I move head.  Any thoughts. My doctor thinks it's a virus. I think it's the withdrawal. Any thoughts. I'd be grateful

;D

Yes, I was.  8)

I never saw "Apocalypse Now". My only connection to that piece of music was Bugs et al. Also, I drove a Volkswagen "Wabbit" for years. I put one of those window stickers on (from the inside) that said, "Wabbit". Yup! Lots of comments on that one over the years. My car was easy to find in the lot.

How are you hanging in, Shook? Okay so far? Watching Care Bears and cartoons and Gene Kelly movies to keep your spirits up? Whatever it takes, I say!

So far so good. I'm dosing four times a day, which is a bit of a pain, but 3-4 times is recommended for Clonazepam. I'm doing everything to put the chances on my side. Thanks for asking, you reformed bad girl you! lol

How about yourself? Any relief this morning?

Healing Seeker,

Lapis is the expert here on what you're describing. I'm sure she's working on an answer for you right now.

Without knowing the exact cause, all I can suggest is trying to minimize your stress. Stress and anxiety can wreak havoc on you.

I know, it's a vicious cycle, not easily broken. But do what you can to relax and take your mind off of the symptoms. Simple things like using a heatpad to relax my neck and shoulder muscles, or putting a cool washcloth over my face help. Again, deep breathing exercises are helpful, and take a little discipline to do every day...but once I got into the habit, it would make me as relaxed as the benzo did before it stopped working, and helped me get to sleep naturally.

I am tapering Ativan... I was going through an ok period...had a lot of stress in my life and I crashed and burned. I have pretty intense vertigo and nausea.....what should I do?  Is there anything that helps.  I cut last Saturday.  Thanks for help

Hi Healing Seeker,

Our pal Shook had some great suggestions for you with regards to the vertigo and nausea. Is it a spinning sensation? Or something else? Dizziness is really common while taking these medications, during the taper and withdrawal, but for many,they're just a passing symptom. I know the anxiety can be pretty intense, but if you can, try to calm yourself by reminding yourself that it's all part of withdrawal, and that it, too, will pass. Deep breathing, walking (safely!), meditation, music, etc. -- anything that calms you -- can help. If you want company, then by all means, jump in here and you're likely to find someone around who knows exactly what you're talking about.

Has the dizziness just started for you? Or has it been going on for awhile? Mine started while I was still on the medication. For some, it starts (and stops) during the taper. It's quite variable.

Take good care, and please, stay calm, if you can. Breathe deeply...... :)

Lapis....I am always a little boaty and off balance....have been since before my taper...but this is full blown vertigo .....  I woke up to pee in the middle of the night Tuesday and could tell right away....I was bouncing off walls walking down the hall and almost fell off the john.  I'm nauseous and all of this has caused extreme anxiety... when I was doing better with anxiety. 

My family doc who is helping me with my taper but doesn't have a lot of experience.....although he prescribed this to me for many decades....told me he thought I had a virus.

I've read a lot about stress and tapering and our fragile nervous systems....we had a gigantic tree fall on our fence in the back yard and had to spend a fortune ....we went on vacation and for me it was added stress... it was a family reunion......

Either way I am miserable .  Taking a shower was terrible this morning.....yesterday it was impossible and didn't happen.  I've slept a lot today so I'm wondering if the virus theory flies

Do you have any recommendations......I'm in my robe and can't even empty the dishwasher. Leaning over makes it worse.

Many thanks. I'd be grateful

Hi Healing seeker,

If you think it might be something else, then by all means, get it checked out. Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo is a common cause of spinning and nausea, and it can be quite severe. But it can also be helped quickly by a certain kind of treatment called the Epley Maneuver. Google BPPV and see if the symptoms sound like yours. And yes, of course, a virus could make you dizzy and nauseous too. Dizziness is so common, and it's a symptom of a number of conditions.

A lot of benzo-dizzy people get a floaty-boaty sort of sensation, but vertigo and nausea are also on the list of possible withdrawal effects. Personally, I've never had spinning or nausea with this. Mine's always been a floaty, watery, rocky sensation, and it has severely affected my ability to walk and function. I had a lot of testing, so many things were eliminated before it was clear that the medications were the cause of my problems.

If you have a chance, check out the first few pages of this thread, since I put a number of useful links up. And do Google BPPV. See what you think. Take care and stay in touch!

;D

Yes, I was.  8)

So far so good. I'm dosing four times a day, which is a bit of a pain, but 3-4 times is recommended for Clonazepam. I'm doing everything to put the chances on my side. Thanks for asking, you reformed bad girl you! lol

Hey Shook,

Glad to hear how well you're doing. I see that you're actively changing your picture, so your sense of humour is still fully intact. Yay! As for me, I can't say that I'm fully reformed. Just partially.  ;)

And no, no relief today. It's an 8. The 8, plus the not-so-nice window repairman, plus the lack of sleep have made it a challenging day. Diversion is the way out for now, and then hopefully, things will change overnight, and tomorrow might bring me a 6 or a 7.

I can't say I'm not nervous about the taper, especially when I get below 0.5. I'm already "blaming" the tiny reduction so far for a throbbing eye and tingling in my arms. But then I reason with myself and blame it on anxiety. I'll know when it's withdrawal, because the symptom(s) will likely be worse than a minor irritation... Crossing fingers and toes.

Another 8 plus a surly repairman with reproachable personal hygiene? If only he was a good-looking charmer, he might've taken your mind off and brought out this naughty Lapis we're now finding out about...  :)

[59...]

Move over Judy Garland... Way over.

What an amazing voice that guy has!Great song too.Thanks for posting this Shook!

I love your avatar!Go Sylvester! :thumbsup:

I can't say I'm not nervous about the taper, especially when I get below 0.5. I'm already "blaming" the tiny reduction so far for a throbbing eye and tingling in my arms. But then I reason with myself and blame it on anxiety. I'll know when it's withdrawal, because the symptom(s) will likely be worse than a minor irritation... Crossing fingers and toes.

Another 8 plus a surly repairman with reproachable personal hygiene? If only he was a good-looking charmer, he might've taken your mind off and brought out this naughty Lapis we're now finding out about...  :)

I think the trick with the taper thing is to have a whole whack o' things to divert your attention....like cartoons and books and crazy penguin videos (if there are any...not sure) and stuff like that. But of course, I will cross my fingers and toes and perhaps even my eyes for you (well, maybe not my eyes).  ;D

The surly repairman was likely brought up in a barn. His manners sucked. He made me extremely nervous, and he was anything but a "charmer". No smiling at all. We had carefully put painter's tape around the edges of the window screen to keep out the critters, and without asking, he yanked it off, balled it up and threw it out. He just needed to get his electric screwdriver (aka drill) thingo on that piece of whatever to get it in place. The lesson is "Never get in the way of a guy with an electric thingo in his hand!" Right. It's done now. Glad we didn't need that screen in the window! Thanks, Buddy!

Move over Judy Garland... Way over.

What an amazing voice that guy has!Great song too.Thanks for posting this Shook!

I love your avatar!Go Sylvester! :thumbsup:

I've played it twice already. So lovely!

Re: Sylvester...All I can say is, "Thuffering thuccotash!"

[59...]

;D

Yes, I was.  8)

Hey Shook,

Glad to hear how well you're doing. I see that you're actively changing your picture, so your sense of humour is still fully intact. Yay! As for me, I can't say that I'm fully reformed. Just partially.  ;)

And no, no relief today. It's an 8. The 8, plus the not-so-nice window repairman, plus the lack of sleep have made it a challenging day. Diversion is the way out for now, and then hopefully, things will change overnight, and tomorrow might bring me a 6 or a 7.

Oh crap Lapis,another #8 today?Do you mind if I join you?I have had a couple of bad days,and I am so frustrated.I know this sounds hilarious,but I am soooo tired of being off balance!Some days are just so much harder,you know what I mean?

What is with the repairman anyway?Is he in benzo withdrawal too maybe? :)

When Healing seeker said she couldn't even clean out the dishwasher,or trouble showering,I so can feel for her!I barely could do that today.I still pushed through,but a person gets so tired of  always pushing through and dealing with this every day!

The elderly man next door was outside trimming some trees by the road yesterday,and he waved me over while I was at my mail box.He wanted to tell me how his wife was doing,she has been in the hospital for almost 2 months after she fell and broke her hip.She ended up having heart surgery too,so she is very sick,and he is so worried about her.I felt so bad for him,and knew he wanted to talk. I was so off balance trying to walk on the side of the road,and then stand and talk to him,I got all revved up inside and had a huge panic attack.

After I headed back to the house,I felt so down not being able to talk to a neighbor without feeling like I was going to tip over or freak out in panic.It took most of the afternoon to calm down too.

I do remember Don Killian say in one of his videos that he felt that way when standing off balance,like he was going to fall over,at the ball games when standing for the national anthem.He said it went away for him about the 3-4 year time frame I think.I kept thinking about that,and it helped to know he had that and it went away.

I know this stuff is passing symptoms and will go away with time,but it sure makes for a crazy ride right now!

I sure feel for all you guys on here!

[59...]

I think the trick with the taper thing is to have a whole whack o' things to divert your attention....like cartoons and books and crazy penguin videos (if there are any...not sure) and stuff like that. But of course, I will cross my fingers and toes and perhaps even my eyes for you (well, maybe not my eyes).  ;D

The surly repairman was likely brought up in a barn. His manners sucked. He made me extremely nervous, and he was anything but a "charmer". No smiling at all. We had carefully put painter's tape around the edges of the window screen to keep out the critters, and without asking, he yanked it off, balled it up and threw it out. He just needed to get his electric screwdriver (aka drill) thingo on that piece of whatever to get it in place. The lesson is "Never get in the way of a guy with an electric thingo in his hand!" Right. It's done now. Glad we didn't need that screen in the window! Thanks, Buddy!

:laugh: :laugh: