Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

[La...]

OMIGOSH! I don't know what to do, Shook! I think I'll take Door #1!

I only eat romaine lettuce, so I could never go for the iceberg option. Not enough nutrients to warrant the transplant.

I'm sure you'll make new friends in Taperville, too, because you're such a warm and personable guy. Also, I hear there's a boat ride there, and even though my rule for travel is "Always take the boat ride", I think you should wear a Personal Flotation Device.....ya know....just to be on the safe side. Either way, you can count on your Dizzy Buddiesaround here to look after you:mybuddy:

:smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

Shook,

So sorry...you were asking Lapis about HER foot pain...sorry.  Glad you don't have that one! Yayyyyy!!

Lapis,

How's your foot pain, dear?

Benzo Brain Sofa

Hey Benzo Brain Sofa!

It's pretty intense right now, thanks for asking. And I'm sure it's due to the fact that I'm rockin' another 8 today. I've had six 8s in the last seven days, and I think I'm due for a day off. I'm digging deep to see if I can find the next gear, but I'm pretty wiped out now.

I must say, my dear Sofa, that you're one heckuva writer and a seriously smart chick as well. I always value your insights and intelligence, as well as the heartfelt passion you bring to us. I was at a loss for words yesterday, but you offered up an invaluable perspective on the situation. Thank you.

[22...]

Shook,

Thanks for the either-or head choice! So nice of you. But I think I'm going to hold off for now, because I'm rather concerned about my finances, and of course, I know how much heads can cost these days. There are aspects of my current head that I've grown attached to -- not limited to, but including my knowledge and memories -- so rather than making a mess here, I'll just stick with what I've got.

P.S. If you find other heads that might fit the bill -- or my neck -- then do share them here. In the meantime, I wish you an easy ride in Taperville (Taperland? Taper World?).  ;D

Thanks!  :) Taperville sounds pleasant.

This is the only head we have in your price range:

width=500 height=364http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QOYjbArU1jQ/T6rIz043UCI/AAAAAAAADcc/EyqC6N6dQqc/s1600/head+lettuce.jpg[/img]

The arrow points to where your neck would connect.

We have a payment plan for Claudia Schiffer, and not only would you retain your own memories, but as a bonus you'd also remember making love to David Copperfield.

:laugh: :laugh:

How's everyone doing today?

I thought of something amusing we could do...

I've always wondered what in tarnation a "peedoodle" was-is. Maybe you have a visual that pops into your head at the mention of it. Try to find a picture that resembles your "peedoodle" and post it...

Good hunting! It's open season on peedoodles!  ;D

Here's a peedoodle from the movie Labyrinth!

http://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/27/41/158247694-Wormlabyrinth.jpg

Some say David Bowie had a peedoodle in his pants...  :laugh:

Well, Shook, 2200 is our resident expert on all things peedoodle, and it is she who introduced this amazing word to the rest of us. We, in turn, have taken it and run off in all directions -- really, it has become peedoodle madness. But, of course, that's what dizzy people do, don't they?!

I will have to reflect a bit on that. I'm feeling a bit like I already have an iceberg lettuce head, so my brain isn't working quite as well. Iceberg lettuce is just water, isn't it? Not much in there.

The peedoodle, if I'm not mistaken (which I probably am) is located just around the solar plexus. When it gets scared off, there's some extra space left in that extremely crucial area of nervous system functioning. It can be quite difficult to function without a peedoodle, but as you know, we dizzy folks do our utmost to keep going without losing it completely. As per our motto, "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down."

He looks like a blue-haired Yoda caterpillar!

2200 regularly has peedoodles scared out of her, so I'm afraid to see the picture.

I haven't seen the movie in ages, but I think it's a "she". Check out the fashionable scarf!  :)

Androgenous. In these times, I would use the pronoun s/he in order to avoid the binary system. It's fraught with verbal dangers that I dare not wade into. Either way, though, it still looks like a blue-haired Yoda caterpillar.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/slylilgoblin/labyrinthworm.gif

"S/he" would be correct according to this fascinating info:

One of the most interesting aspects of earthworms is their sexuality. Earthworms are simultaneous hermaphrodites, meaning worms have both male and female reproductive organs. During sexual intercourse among earthworms, both sets of sex organs are used by both worms. If all goes well, the eggs of both of the mates become fertilized. You can imagine this is a highly efficient way of ensuring the survival of the species.

I'm trying not to...  :sick:

Right, so no Tinder or online dating for earthworms then?

How are you doing today, Shook? How's your lovely head? Are all of the pieces in place? Nothing moving that's not supposed to be? I'm rockin' a 7 today, after having dealt with three 8s in a row. I had a similar pattern just before that -- three 8s, then a 7. Today started off in 8-like fashion, but it calmed down a bit. My feet, legs and back are paying the price for all of these 8s. Blech. Ick. Yuck. Eek.  :sick:

[22...]

Gosh,I am super flattered that you guys think I am the peedoodle expert around here!

I am assuming that someone from the 1950's must have started this classy word, when at a county fair with their friends,some young boys said after their wild roller coaster ride,''man that scared the living peedoodle outa me!"and had to go home and change their pants!

Shook,that creature you posted from Labyrinth,could that be ET's little sister? :laugh:

PEE-DOODLE vb.to briefly lose control of one's bladder, as by nerves, a sneeze, laughing, etc. ...2000 Amer. dial.

No pic accompanied this dictionary definition, probably for good reason.  I hope 2200 has never laughed or sneezed out Shook's peedoodle.  That would be wrong on so many different levels.  If we check the protracted board, I'm sure someone has already opened a peedoodle symptom thread.

Sofa

[22...]

PEE-DOODLE vb.to briefly lose control of one's bladder, as by nerves, a sneeze, laughing, etc. ...2000 Amer. dial.

No pic accompanied this dictionary definition, probably for good reason.  I hope 2200 has never laughed or sneezed out Shook's peedoodle.  That would be wrong on so many different levels.  If we check the protracted board, I'm sure someone has already opened a peedoodle symptom thread.

Sofa

Good work there Sofa!A real "peedoodle definition'' to put a face to the name......well,we can use our imaginations on the face part!  ;D

Lapis,

I can't imagine what it's like for you. I guess you'll take a seven until a wonderful string of fives comes along, soon we all hope!

Do you order in massage therapy? I did for the first time recently. It can be hit-or-miss like anything else, but the therapist was good and attentive. At the end I wished I'd asked her to give more attention to my back instead of massaging finger tips and my scalp, which I can do myself.

My head remains beautiful and Adonis-like, but the rocking/undulating was pretty bad last night.

There's no reason that I can find for the changes in intensity. When I'm stressed, it can be calm...and when I'm calm, it can be rough. I've tried noting what foods I ate when it's bad, but there's no correlation that I can point to with certainly. A lady I found who has a mental health blog, and has had this symptom for seven years, said rice was a trigger for her...

She woke up with hers, after a period of acute anxiety. Could be a case of "spontaneous MdDS". Who can say for sure, eh? She tried a benzo after to help her sleep... It pooped out, and getting off it made the floating worse, but is now back to "normal". Anyhoo.

It's been nearly 9 months for me, and it hasn't changed since Day 1. So I really don't have much to report day-to-day. So I mess around with heads of lettuce and worms. But thanks for asking.  :)

Sofa,

Trying not to laugh, but laughing here at the "peedoodle symptom thread"!

Much classier to say "scared the peedoodles" out of me than the oft-used alternative!

And that Labyrinth worm could be a parasite living in E.T.'s peedoodle tract...

So, is it a noun or a verb? According to Sofa's definition, it's a verb, as in "I peedoodled, I shall peedoodle, we were peedoodling,", etc. But we've been using it as a noun all of this time. In my head, it's a noun. But now that my head is merely head of iceberg lettuce, I can't trust any of its contents.

[22...]

Lapis,

I can't imagine what it's like for you. I guess you'll take a seven until a wonderful string of fives comes along, soon we all hope!

Do you order in massage therapy? I did for the first time recently. It can be hit-or-miss like anything else, but the therapist was good and attentive. At the end I wished I'd asked her to give more attention to my back instead of massaging finger tips and my scalp, which I can do myself.

My head remains beautiful and Adonis-like, but the rocking/undulating was pretty bad last night.

There's no reason that I can find for the changes in intensity. When I'm stressed, it can be calm...and when I'm calm, it can be rough. I've tried noting what foods I ate when it's bad, but there's no correlation that I can point to with certainly. A lady I found who has a mental health blog, and has had this symptom for seven years, said rice was a trigger for her...

She woke up with hers, after a period of acute anxiety. Could be a case of "spontaneous MdDS". Who can say for sure, eh? She tried a benzo after to help her sleep... It pooped out, and getting off it made the floating worse, but is now back to "normal". Anyhoo.

It's been nearly 9 months for me, and it hasn't changed since Day 1. So I really don't have much to report day-to-day. So I mess around with heads of lettuce and worms. But thanks for asking.  :)

Sofa,

Trying not to laugh, but laughing here at the "peedoodle symptom thread"!

Much classier to say "scared the peedoodles" out of me than the oft-used alternative!

And that Labyrinth worm could be a parasite living in E.T.'s peedoodle tract...

Shook,how far have you tapered off if you don't mind me asking?

I still try and think about what I eat and if that affects the symptoms when I get a bad wave,but there just doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it most of the time.One day something I eat bothers me,then the next time I can eat the same things and they don't seem to flare up any symptoms.It's just really crazy stuff that is one big mystery. :P

[22...]

So, is it a noun or a verb? According to Sofa's definition, it's a verb, as in "I peedoodled, I shall peedoodle, we were peedoodling,", etc. But we've been using it as a noun all of this time. In my head, it's a noun. But now that my head is merely head of iceberg lettuce, I can't trust any of its contents.

Lapis,I must be a lettuce head too,cause I thought it was a noun too! ;D

Ladies, meet Cabbagehead! (Lapis might recognize him)

http://www.albinjohnson.com/kith/bruce/cabbagehead.jpg

Check out my sig, 2200...

Yeah, if there's one constant in benzo withdrawal it's that there is none.

Shook, it seems that many of us have the same situation with regards to the lack of connection between any precipitating factor and our varying levels of dizziness. The dizziness seems to have a mind of its own. Perhaps it even has a head of its own -- like lettuce. So, you seem to be "in the same boat" as the rest of us, in that sense.

And yes, I'll take a 7 over an 8 any day. 8s can be quite brutal, while 7s usually allow me at least a bit of calm in the storm of 8s.

I'm glad you had a massage. It can certainly help settle down the nervous system, if it's done well and with care. I haven't had a massage in ages. Physiotherapy is a different beast, and it requires a fair amount more training  -- at least where I live. And yes, there are physios who do home visits, but it's more expensive and harder to find. However, it can be lifesaving.

Awesome Cabbage-Head, Shook! It must be my long lost cousin! He looks pretty good, but I wish he'd stop smoking those darn cigars.

Can't believe "Kids In The Hall" was that long ago... Our American buds might've seen it on HBO back in the early '90s. Their humor was off the wall.

As an English teacher of days gone by, I believe peedoodle can be used interchangeably as either a verb or a noun.  Continue on in your small group discussions, class.  I believe you were weighing the merits of Iceberg vs. Romaine lettuce and the downside of cigar-smoking cabbage heads.  Please submit your group's conclusion at the end of the period.

Thank you,

Sofa Emeritus

As an English teacher of days gone by, peedoodle can be used interchangeably as either a verb or a noun.  Continue on in your small group discussions, class.  I believe you were weighing the merits of Iceberg vs. Romaine lettuce and the downside of cigar-smoking cabbage heads.  Please submit your group's conclusion at the end of the period.

Thank you,

Sofa Emeritus

My dear Sofa, I must point out a possible grammatical error there, and perhaps win our group some extra points from the teacher. If you start the sentence with "As an English teacher of days gone by," I think you need to start the next clause with "I". No?

If so, and we get extra points, then we'll use them towards the purchase of a one-way trip to Oz, where we will all get our properly-functioning heads back, and they will not be stuffed with straw or anything weird like that.

Hey Shook, can you share that link please, I'd be interested in reading it.  Thanks.

Lapsy, glad to hear you're not at an 8 today, really hoping a nice, long string of 6's is right around the corner for you. 

2200, same as you, food makes absolutely no difference but mine, being as unique as it is, the undulating is softer when my muscles are less tense.  Have you tried to notice whether there's any correlation with anxiety?

:smitten: