Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

[La...]

Shook,

I had horrible nerve pain for two weeks recently.  Heating pad and TIME were the only things that helped a little.

Sofa

Ok, this is the donor. A house just fell on her yesterday and her head's been packed in ice for overnight delivery.  :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-a5NMXZ5Hhx0/TqSVZ5_42SI/AAAAAAAANfE/gk8MhfAI9i8/s1600/WizardOfOz_126Pyxurz.jpg

Shook,

I had horrible nerve pain for two weeks recently.  Heating pad and TIME were the only things that helped a little.

Sofa

I'm really sorry to hear that, Sofa. Do you believe it's from the withdrawal? It's impossible to say isn't it. When in withdrawal ppl tend to blame everything on it. When getting off my AD, I was hyper-vigilant and ready to put the blame on w/d for every muscle spasm or shooting pain. I'm glad to hear your pain has lessened if even just a little. May you recover fully and swiftly.

[f0...]

Ok, this is the donor. A house just fell on her yesterday and her head's been packed in ice for overnight delivery.  :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-a5NMXZ5Hhx0/TqSVZ5_42SI/AAAAAAAANfE/gk8MhfAI9i8/s1600/WizardOfOz_126Pyxurz.jpg

Tonight I'm sleeping with the covers over my head,and just a little hole for my nose so I can breathe!I'm still scared of her!!! ;D

[e8...]

Tonight I'm sleeping with the covers over my head,and just a little hole for my nose so I can breathe!I'm still scared of her!!! ;D

Margaret Hamilton used to live in my neighborhood when I lived on East 22nd Street in the '80s - she was just another nice woman in the neighborhood.

It was such a surprise when I first saw her, after being terrified of her from early childhood on. And her face wasn't even that green.  :)

Hey Shook,

Can I choose a different head? Green doesn't look good with my complexion....or with my hair...or the rest of my body. Anyway, I just don't like that particular head because it scares the peedoodle out of me, so can we pick a nice one, please? Is there an online catalogue? I'll choose one and order it. I hope the delivery fees aren't too steep. I'm watching my $$ these days.

Shook,

My pain was definitely withdrawal.  I am no novice to pain, as you can see from my signature.  THIS pain was other-worldly.  Nothing can describe the intensity.  Only able to lie on my heating pad in bed very still with one millimeter of movement sending shooting agony through my body.  No injury.  No twisting or turning or lifting.  No sleeping wrong one night in bed.  A stressor caused it.  Worrying that Opie had a stroke.  Two days of agony that suddenly ceased fire at 5pm both days.  The 3rd day no pain.  Then 5 consecutive days of agony screaming trying to go to the toilet or moving an inch. 6th day, no pain...and none since.  Pain doesn't work like this.  Withdrawal works like this.  For me it did, anyway.

Sofa

[f0...]

Margaret Hamilton used to live in my neighborhood when I lived on East 22nd Street in the '80s - she was just another nice woman in the neighborhood.

It was such a surprise when I first saw her, after being terrified of her from early childhood on. And her face wasn't even that green.  :)

Hey that's so cool LeslieA!I honestly think I had heard she was really nice in real life.She didn't have any rather large pet monkeys did she?  :laugh:

Lapis,I think I would pass on the green face too,it's a bad look for a girl!Sort of makes ya look like your sea  sick or something!

I think the frogs would fall in love with you though! :laugh:

Shook,you always make us laugh around here,we miss you when your AWOL. ;D

Shook,

My pain was definitely withdrawal.  I am no novice to pain, as you can see from my signature.  THIS pain was other-worldly.  Nothing can describe the intensity.  Only able to lie on my heating pad in bed very still with one millimeter of movement sending shooting agony through my body.  No injury.  No twisting or turning or lifting.  No sleeping wrong one night in bed.  A stressor caused it.  Worrying that Opie had a stroke.  Two days of agony that suddenly ceased fire at 5pm both days.  The 3rd day no pain.  Then 5 consecutive days of agony screaming trying to go to the toilet or moving an inch. 6th day, no pain...and none since.  Pain doesn't work like this.  Withdrawal works like this.  For me it did, anyway.

Sofa

Sofa, I'm just glad it's gone. Take good care, okay?  :smitten:

Hi 2200,

As you know, I FEEL seasick, so adding a green face to the whole thing might just complete the picture. However, it might make everyone else run screaming away from me, and I need everyone who's on board with me right now, so I might have to get another head from the head catalogue, or just stick with the one I have. I think I'll be reciting Wicked Witch of the West lines for the rest of the night, though, e.g. "And I'll get your little dog Toto too! Hahahahaha!" or "I'm melting! Noooooo!". :o

[f0...]

I have this weird question I have to ask.

Do any of you guys wonder if eating more things with a lot of MSG would trigger the GABA to repair faster?Sort of kick it in high gear to calm the extra glutamate?

Shook,

It was actually two back-to-back stressors that caused the two different sessions of pain.  Opie was the stressor that kicked my ass.

We can't do much about many outside stressors that happen in life.  We have to just do the best we can at minimizing the things we CAN control and at downplaying the possible dire scenarios we play out in our minds.  Fear makes things so much worse.  Control the fear, control the symptoms to some degree.  Much easier said than done. 

You have a great attitude.  Use it to your advantage.  Acknowledge and accept that 99.9 percent of what you are experiencing right now is due to withdrawal and nothing more.  Tell yourself it is temporary.  IT IS!  Tell yourself it will pass.  IT WILL!  Whatever you feel today is something being "fixed" and, when you get further along in the process, you won't feel that particular symptom the next day perhaps.  The "core" symptoms you have identified you have don't usually follow this pattern.  They slowly and gradually, and almost imperceptibly, get a little bit better over a long period of time.  At least this has been my pattern.  Yours could be very different.

Your temporary nerve pain could be very short-lived.  I had over 50 symptoms pop in and out during this process and about 5 that stayed with me a very long time.  Only two are left now.  This process is amazing...and not in a fun way. 

Hang in there, Shook.  You are going to sail through this.

Sofa

OMG...I have thought exactly what you are thinking!  I've never done anything to intentionally cause an uptick, but I bet upticks kick healing into high gear!  I always have a higher baseline afterwards and usually a symptom or two disappears.  Weird huh?  I have no idea if what we suspect is right, and I won't touch MSG.  Stressors and upticks make a beeline towards me anyway like I have a target on my back.

Sofa

Lapis,

Thanks, my friend.  It's unbelievable.  It's poof all gone now like the pain never happened.  I'm praying it never returns. 

Love,  Sofa

Thank you so much for caring.  The vet said Opie didn't have a stroke and had no ear infection that could have caused his droopy face.  I went on the internet and found out about idiopathic facial paralysis dogs can get, with no known cause.  It can resolve.  It may not.  All I know is he has a left side droopy face, like Popeye, and he can eat and poop and walk straight.  Good enough for me.

Sofa

[f0...]

OMG...I have thought exactly what you are thinking!  I've never done anything to intentionally cause an uptick, but I bet upticks kick healing into high gear!  I always have a higher baseline afterwards and usually a symptom or two disappears.  Weird huh?  I have no idea if what we suspect is right, and I won't touch MSG.  Stressors and upticks make a beeline towards me anyway like I have a target on my back.

Sofa

Sofa,I sort of crave MSG foods too,like chips and Chinese food.I have heard MSG can trigger cravings too,but who knows!

But I do wonder if going opposite from calm(GABA) to MSG could kick the GABA into high gear...

Sofa,

Withdrawal can be a terrible catch-22. Symptoms beget stress which makes them flare, and then there's the outside stressors throwing oil on the fire... Thankfully it passed for you! And yeah, we can try to keep down the stress and anxiety with various coping strategies, but we're not robots, and they can take us for a ride sometimes... The important thing is to not get stuck.

I don't have nerve pain. Just a palpable sensation of being tossed around like...no, exactly like being on a raft on the high seas. My case is similar to abcd's in that it kicks up when being still (correct me if I'm wrong, abcd!). It can be pretty calm or stormy with 3-foot swells pushing me up. It's crazy and fascinating, but a ride I'd like to get off of.

I don't know what my taper holds, but I'm not worrying until there's something to worry about.

Thanks again for your encouragement.  :) And glad to hear your companion "Opie" is doing ok. Pets are lifesavers, more so than ppl sometimes! lol

Lapis, it's the witch or Claudia Schiffer. There's a substantial difference in price. The witch comes with the hat.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/en.futurama/images/3/3b/ClaudiaSchiffer%27shead.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090825234116

You're a sweetheart. And I bet you make the best cookies.  :)

[f0...]

Thank you so much for caring.  The vet said Opie didn't have a stroke and had no ear infection that could have caused his droopy face.  I went on the internet and found out about idiopathic facial paralysis dogs can get, with no known cause.  It can resolve.  It may not.  All I know is he has a left side droopy face, like Popeye, and he can eat and poop and walk straight.  Good enough for me.

Sofa

I am so glad he is alright!He sounds like such a sweetheart and a good little buddy to you!I understand how much you love that little guy! :smitten:

[f0...]

Sofa,

Withdrawal can be a terrible catch-22. Symptoms beget stress which makes them flare, and then there's the outside stressors throwing oil on the fire... Thankfully it passed for you! And yeah, we can try to keep down the stress and anxiety with various coping strategies, but we're not robots, and they can take us for a ride sometimes... The important thing is to not get stuck.

I don't have nerve pain. Just a palpable sensation of being tossed around like...no, exactly like being on a raft on the high seas. My case is similar to abcd's in that it kicks up when being still (correct me if I'm wrong, abcd!). It can be pretty calm or stormy with 3-foot swells pushing me up. It's crazy and fascinating, but a ride I'd like to get off of.

I don't know what my taper holds, but I'm not worrying until there's something to worry about.

Thanks again for your encouragement.  :) And glad to hear your companion "Opie" is doing ok. Pets are lifesavers, more so than ppl sometimes! lol

Lapis, it's the witch or Claudia Schiffer. There's a substantial difference in price. The witch comes with the hat.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/en.futurama/images/3/3b/ClaudiaSchiffer%27shead.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090825234116

You're a sweetheart. And I bet you make the best cookies.  :)

Ahh thanks Shook! :smitten:

Shook,

Thanks for the either-or head choice! So nice of you. But I think I'm going to hold off for now, because I'm rather concerned about my finances, and of course, I know how much heads can cost these days. There are aspects of my current head that I've grown attached to -- not limited to, but including my knowledge and memories -- so rather than making a mess here, I'll just stick with what I've got.

P.S. If you find other heads that might fit the bill -- or my neck -- then do share them here. In the meantime, I wish you an easy ride in Taperville (Taperland? Taper World?).  ;D

Shook,

Thanks for the either-or head choice! So nice of you. But I think I'm going to hold off for now, because I'm rather concerned about my finances, and of course, I know how much heads can cost these days. There are aspects of my current head that I've grown attached to -- not limited to, but including my knowledge and memories -- so rather than making a mess here, I'll just stick with what I've got.

P.S. If you find other heads that might fit the bill -- or my neck -- then do share them here. In the meantime, I wish you an easy ride in Taperville (Taperland? Taper World?).  ;D

Thanks!  :) Taperville sounds pleasant.

This is the only head we have in your price range:

width=500 height=364http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QOYjbArU1jQ/T6rIz043UCI/AAAAAAAADcc/EyqC6N6dQqc/s1600/head+lettuce.jpg[/img]

The arrow points to where your neck would connect.

We have a payment plan for Claudia Schiffer, and not only would you retain your own memories, but as a bonus you'd also remember making love to David Copperfield.

OMIGOSH! I don't know what to do, Shook! I think I'll take Door #1!

I only eat romaine lettuce, so I could never go for the iceberg option. Not enough nutrients to warrant the transplant.

I'm sure you'll make new friends in Taperville, too, because you're such a warm and personable guy. Also, I hear there's a boat ride there, and even though my rule for travel is "Always take the boat ride", I think you should wear a Personal Flotation Device.....ya know....just to be on the safe side. Either way, you can count on your Dizzy Buddies around here to look after you.  :mybuddy:

Shook,

So sorry...you were asking Lapis about HER foot pain...sorry.  Glad you don't have that one! Yayyyyy!!

Lapis,

How's your foot pain, dear?

Benzo Brain Sofa