Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

[La...]

[62...]

Hi LeslieAsh and 2200,

Thanks for the boost! It's been a rocky ride today, and it's not yet over. A couple more hours to go still. Usually, it changes in the middle of the night, for some strange reason, so I'm praying that the universe will give me the gift of a less dizzy day tomorrow. Oh please, oh please, oh please!

Leslie, it's amazing that your dizziness has stayed away! Really, it's helpful to me and others around here to know that it happens. I think most people just take off when they're feeling better, so we don't often get to hear the good news that we need. Of course, I know we'll never have the kind of details and statistics that we all want, but the individual stories around here are powerful in and of themselves.

2200, now that you're feeling less dizzy, have you found that your anxiety has dropped a bit? Are you having some better trips out, e.g. supermarket? I really hope so. You so deserve a bit of peace and comfort. Maybe you'll finally get your peedoodles back! They've been gone awhile, and they need to re-enter your soul (Gut? Belly button? Um...where are the peedoodles stored exactly?).

I will send all the Americans around here a whack o' Happy Fourth of July wishes, and I'll sing my best version of the Star Spangled Banner. I always liked it, and I know all the words. It does go a little high at points, but I do my best Whitney Houston impression to reach them (Damn, she was so good! Damn drugs!).

Hi again, Lapis and 2200, and Happy Fireworks, north and south!

I guess my comment was murky. The lying-down vertigo went away, but the dizziness is still there as soon as I stand up. Each and every time.

The good news is that there are many fewer of those hideous 9-days, and more and more that are 4-6. There have even been a couple that were lower than that.

So I know it's getting better, albeit by way of a ridiculously circuitous path. My peedoodles have been gone for so long that I have to look at old photo albums to even remember what they look like!

Ah, yes, Whitney Houston! Think I'll listen to her a little on YouTube, since I can't sing a note without triggering an evacuation of the whole building.

My singing is so bad that when my daughter was just old enough to be learning to speak I started to sing a lullaby to her as she fell asleep. She got an anxious look in her eye, put her tiny hand over my mouth, and said, "No, please. No."  :laugh:

Wishing everyone sweet and steady relief tomorrow!

:smitten:

My singing is so bad that when my daughter was just old enough to be learning to speak I started to sing a lullaby to her as she fell asleep. She got an anxious look in her eye, put her tiny hand over my mouth, and said, "No, please. No."  :laugh:

:laugh:  :thumbsup:  Me too!

Happy fourth to all, hope everyone gets a nice little break tomorrow.  :smitten:

Well, I ended up listening to -- and singing to -- Whitney Houston's "Star Spangled Banner" twice, but my, oh my, it's darned high! Omigosh! What spectacular pipes! (Of course, I don't have spectacular pipes, so I took it down an octave and gave it as much spirit as I could muster under the circumstances.)

LeslieAsh, I guess I misunderstood about your dizziness, i.e. that it's still there all the time, but I'm glad to hear that it's better. 9s are brutal. Today's another 8 for me so far, so I'm not a very happy camper. That every-other-day pattern I often get isn't showing itself today apparently.

[a0...]

:laugh:  :thumbsup:  Me too!

Happy fourth to all, hope everyone gets a nice little break tomorrow.  :smitten:

I agree with abcd!That's a hoot LeslieAsh! ;D

That's why I only sing to my cat and dog.Being so happy for any scrap of attention, they think I sing BETTER than Whitney Houston,and I AM a rockstar! :laugh:

Leslie,I am so glad your dizziness level is a bit less.Did you notice before it kicked down a notch,you got a streak of where it actually got worse for awhile?Mine did that.It got really bad for a few weeks,sort of scared me,then after that,the normal level lowered to about a #5.Goes up a little during the day,then back to the 5.

Gosh,I hate this stuff.I want to BBQ some hamburgers today,but don't know how I will feel this afternoon.This stuff is so up and down and moment to moment,it's like a roller coaster!

Lapis,I don't notice less anxiety yet,when the dizziness is lighter.It comes and goes at weird times too,so I never know what combo platter I will get during the days and nights!My health fears are also alive and well!

Hey LeslieAsh,about them peedoodles......when you look in the photo album,where are they located??Lapis,abcd and I need to know so we can get ours back ASAP! ;D

That's why I only sing to my cat and dog.Being so happy for any scrap of attention, they think I sing BETTER than Whitney Houston,and I AM a rockstar! :laugh:

Okay, really putting myself out there, this is the song I sing to my doggie:  https://youtu.be/uEZJyfPkWCY

It actually has special meaning cos my grandmother who was never thrilled with my young taste in music, lol, but I stuck this on once and from the shower I could hear her singing loudly to it.  ;D

Good thing Shook is on hiatus, I have a feeling I'd be seeing Donny in his avatar.  :laugh:

But back to my doggie, sometimes he'll cover his eyes with his paws when I sing to him, no joking!

Today's another 8 for me so far, so I'm not a very happy camper. That every-other-day pattern I often get isn't showing itself today apparently.

Lap, I'm also a bit disgruntled.  My every other day pattern for years (ie left/right side) has also changed over the last few weeks.  I'm now on my fourth day in a row of right side which is when I get the awful pain.  Sucks the peedoodles out of me for sure, those that I have left in me.  Wondering what this means, am trying to look for the positive, maybe there's finally gonna be a shift for the better ...?  :-\

[a0...]

Okay, really putting myself out there, this is the song I sing to my doggie:  https://youtu.be/uEZJyfPkWCY

It actually has special meaning cos my grandmother who was never thrilled with my young taste in music, lol, but I stuck this on once and from the shower I could hear her singing loudly to it.  ;D

Good thing Shook is on hiatus, I have a feeling I'd be seeing Donny in his avatar.  :laugh:

But back to my doggie, sometimes he'll cover his eyes with his paws when I sing to him, no joking!

Today's another 8 for me so far, so I'm not a very happy camper. That every-other-day pattern I often get isn't showing itself today apparently.

Lap, I'm also a bit disgruntled.  My every other day pattern for years (ie left/right side) has also changed over the last few weeks.  I'm now on my fourth day in a row of right side which is when I get the awful pain.  Sucks the peedoodles out of me for sure, those that I have left in me.  Wondering what this means, am trying to look for the positive, maybe there's finally gonna be a shift for the better ...?  :-\

What a neat story abcd!!That is a fun happy song to sing to!Everybody,including puppies and grandmas love Donny!Maybe your dog covered his eyes because he was all misty eyed from how sweet you were singing to him? :smitten:

Ah, abcd, I think it's best not to look for deeper meaning in these patterns. They're as wacky as wacky can be -- and wacky can be VERY, VERY wacky!  (That's a serious amount of WACK.)

It sucks that you're in so much pain. As you know, I can relate. I tried a bit of naproxen last week, and I'm paying for it with increased tinnitus in my left ear. It's a common side effect. I'm hoping it'll settle back down to a lower level of annoying tea-kettle hiss sometime soon. For now, I listen to the radio and the traffic and the birds and music and anything else that helps me ignore it. In the middle of the night, though, there's just me and my tea kettle!

What a neat story abcd!!That is a fun happy song to sing to!Everybody,including puppies and grandmas love Donny!Maybe your dog covered covered his eyes because he was all misty eyed from how sweet you were singing to him? :smitten:

Lol, okay, I'll take that.  He's so cute, acts all coy and embarrassed, buries his face in me as well, hilarious.

Lapsy, I also get tinnitus just from OTCs, thank Heavens it's not persistent though.  Hope the Naproxen helped a little.  My pain responds best to hot baths and/or icing (only temporary relief though) but best of all to lying flat, and starts up again within minutes of getting up.  I'll often try and doze it off hoping it'll shift to the other side.  I often do sudoku when having to be flat, it helps me doze off for some weird reason ... but not so easy to concentrate having to contend also with the horrid head vise/boatiness, so yep gets more than a little tedious.  :o  That's why I'm so ticked off not being able to do my meditations/visualizations, I was becoming pretty darn good at extinguishing pain with my mind.  (Looking for ghost emoji  :D)

Hi everyone. I have been following this topic for some months; my worst symptom is dizziness...but I also have head pressure, tinnitus, headaches.

I'm 10 months out and don't see many improvements. That's very frustrating, and the thoughts that may I have another health problem are more frequent, which make me more anxious and my symptoms gets worse. :(

So, anybody also feels the neck "cracking"? It's like grinding noises in my neck upon movement...Doesn't hurt, but I feel even more dizzy after that. Anybody ever felt this?

Hi johnny84,

Welcome Aboard! I'm sorry to hear about your dizziness and other head symptoms. While I don't have head pressure anymore (seems to be gone!), I still have tinnitus in my left ear. I don't get headaches or neck cracking, but I'm hoping some of our dizzy pals will weigh in with their experiences as well. I know it's hard to stay calm when you've got these symptoms, but it's the best tactic. Today's a very dizzy day for me (8 out of 10 on my scale), so I'm really rocking and rolling.

Do you do any neck stretches? If not, that might help. I'm trying to focus on my neck posture with chin tucks, i.e. pulling my chin directly back, so that seems to help my neck and shoulder pain a bit. It doesn't change the dizziness, of course.  :(

[a0...]

Hi everyone. I have been following this topic for some months; my worst symptom is dizziness...but I also have head pressure, tinnitus, headaches.

I'm 10 months out and don't see many improvements. That's very frustrating, and the thoughts that may I have another health problem are more frequent, which make me more anxious and my symptoms gets worse. :(

So, anybody also feels the neck "cracking"? It's like grinding noises in my neck upon movement...Doesn't hurt, but I feel even more dizzy after that. Anybody ever felt this?

Hi Johnny!My neck cracks too sometimes,and I get headaches off and on,sort of like a ''cement head feeling"with the head pressure.I never got headaches before,so I know this must be from getting off the benzos.

Good news though,it comes and goes,and doesn't seem as bad as it used to be,and yours will get lighter too as time goes by!

I also have tinnitus and dizziness.

It seems scary to you right now,because our health fears go crazy with all these weird symptoms we are having.It just takes time,and most of the healing is very gradual.

Everybody heals at different speeds,so don't get discouraged by some of the long timers.There are some quicker healers around Benzo Buddies too!

Hang in there,10 months off is great! :thumbsup:

[a0...]

Lapis.....Sorry about the #8 today :'( :hug:You are so sweet to help us,even when you feel like your peedoodle is dragging the ground!

You Rock Lapis! :smitten:

Hey 2200,

It's day four of a four-day streak of 8s, and I'm a little grumpy.  >:(    ARGH! I wanted to ask if your recent drop in dizziness levels came gradually, or did you just wake up one day and not get any more 6s, 7s, 8s or 9s after that? The patterns are SO wacky, and I know that we're all different, but in the interest of advancing our scientific knowledge on the weary and weird world of drug-induced dizziness and disequilibrium, I'd like to know.  ;)

My peedoodle went missing ages ago, and if it ever drags its sorry bum back here, I'll be quite pleased to see it. Poor thing! It probably ran away as a result of all my tears. Perhaps I'd run away if I were a peedoodle too! In the meantime, it has left me quite bereft.

[a0...]

Hey 2200,

It's day four of a four-day streak of 8s, and I'm a little grumpy.  >:(    ARGH! I wanted to ask if your recent drop in dizziness levels came gradually, or did you just wake up one day and not get any more 6s, 7s, 8s or 9s after that? The patterns are SO wacky, and I know that we're all different, but in the interest of advancing our scientific knowledge on the weary and weird world of drug-induced dizziness and disequilibrium, I'd like to know.  ;)

My peedoodle went missing ages ago, and if it ever drags its sorry bum back here, I'll be quite pleased to see it. Poor thing! It probably ran away as a result of all my tears. Perhaps I'd run away if I were a peedoodle too! In the meantime, it has left me quite bereft.

I noticed mine dropped noticeably after a weird couple of weeks,where the dizziness went up to a 9-10,which scared me a lot!But after a couple weeks,it was in the 8's,and then over a few weeks dropped to about 50% better,and stayed!

Now it goes up to 8 for an hour or two on some days and then back to a 5 as the baseline.Today feels like a 3.It has no rhyme or reason,and I feel like it must sound wacky to try and explain the ups and downs it has been for me!But it is definitely lower and holding.It's weird how it got worse before it got better.I'm still trying to figure that one out!

Anxiety amps it up for awhile,but it goes back to a 5 when I get calm again.

I will tell you though,3-5 is still not good.I want to be able to walk and not feel like the floor is still moving!

I want it to be all gone! :thumbsup:

I think yours will do the same Lapis,as you get those 6-7 days off and on,and that's how mine started to tease me,then stayed! ;D

Wow, 2200! So interesting! The teasing is definitely mean. Very cruel. Yesterday, I thought I was getting a break from the 8s, and it was, indeed, a 7 for part of the day, but it went up to an 8 in the late afternoon, and I was back to cursing the thing that is attached to my neck. And then it just stayed bad all night (I've been up since 3 a.m.) and all day today. My legs and feet are exhausted and painful, and I'm falling asleep sitting up. I need to stay awake until bedtime, though, because I'll likely get a good night's rest if I'm really tired. At least, I hope so!

Anyway, 2200, I'm praying/hoping/wishing/yearning for you to have a bunch of 0s any minute now! It's about time, isn't it? It HAS to be your turn!  :) :) :)

Hi Dizzy Buds,

How is everyone tonight? I hope everyone is doing okay. I just wanted to share an article that I read on cbc.ca about singer Shania Twain. Apparently, she had Lyme disease, and according to the article, she became quite dizzy. Here's the quote:

"I was on tour, so I almost fell off the stage every night," said the Timmins, Ont.-raised singer-songwriter.

"I was very, very dizzy and didn't know what was going on. It's just one of those things you don't suspect."

I know that people here on this thread and around BB have wondered about their symptoms and whether they might be related to Lyme disease, so I thought I'd share the article here.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/shania-twain-lyme-disease-1.4194498 

[a0...]

Hi Dizzy Buds,

How is everyone tonight? I hope everyone is doing okay. I just wanted to share an article that I read on cbc.ca about singer Shania Twain. Apparently, she had Lyme disease, and according to the article, she became quite dizzy. Here's the quote:

"I was on tour, so I almost fell off the stage every night," said the Timmins, Ont.-raised singer-songwriter.

"I was very, very dizzy and didn't know what was going on. It's just one of those things you don't suspect."

I know that people here on this thread and around BB have wondered about their symptoms and whether they might be related to Lyme disease, so I thought I'd share the article here.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/shania-twain-lyme-disease-1.4194498

Thanks Lapis!I am going to read that article after this.I never knew Shania Twain had Lyme disease.This is a very bad year for ticks here in Washington state.It's good to keep an eye out for that bulls eye rash,and flu like symptoms of Lyme.I have been watching our dog to see if she gets sick from those bites.

Scary stuff with that little insect!We get a lot of deer around here,and they carry hundreds of ticks.I saw a deer hide after a hunt,and it was loaded with ticks.It was amazing to me how many could be on one deer!

I sure hope none of us have dizziness from Lyme's! :P

Hi 2200,

Apparently, Lyme disease has made more of an appearance here in Canada due to higher summer temperatures and a couple of milder winters. It's fairly new. There was a doctor on CBC Radio this past week talking about Lyme disease, how to prevent it, recognize it and treat it. He didn't mention any long-term issues -- just the immediate ones. And of course, he mentioned antibiotics as the treatment. I doubt people will be wearing long-sleeved shirts and pants when going out on beautiful warm days like this one, but we'll see. We may be hearing about a lot more cases of Lyme disease here in Ontario.

From the article, it appears that Shania Twain's symptoms began immediately and intensely. It doesn't appear that there was any question as to what it was.

Hi to all my dizzy buddies,

Thought I'd drop in to let you know I'm still here and suffering. Just so you know when I get better I will be sure to let you know. I'm on my 44th month and yesterday & today my dizzy score went up to a 9. It's never been this bad. I hope it goes beck to at least a 7 like 2200's experience. I usually can

Drive and go to the store, but I don't think I could do that when Im this bad.

It took me 30 min to read everyone's posts. I'm so thankful for them because they give me hope and

Even make me laugh. I do appreciate all your efforts. I'm just in a frame of mind that's not very positive so I don't feel like posting much.

Some of you talk about suffering pain. I have severe nerve pain on the front of my lower legs. It's like a very bad sunburn and it keeps me awake at night.  My Dr gave me Tramadol 50mg because I was taking way too much Advil. The Tramadol doesn't stop the pain but it does take the edge off. I don't want to increase the dose. I worry about getting addicted.  What do you take for pain?

Have any of you tried MSM. I read that it's good for pain.

Hope all of you get some 3 or 4 days real soon and Lapis, I hope you can sleep tonight.

Korbe

Hi Korbe,

Thank you for dropping in. It's good to hear from you, even if you're having a hard time. I totally understand what you're talking about re: not feeling up to posting when you're feeling bad. But, as you know, there's always someone around on BB if you need to connect with someone. It seems there are many more "guests" around here than online members most of the time, which just speaks to how many people are out there dealing with the same issues as we are.

As far as your pain goes, have you seen a physiotherapist about it? If it's soft tissue, e.g. muscle, tendon, ligament, there may be some help available. There's a muscle on the front of the lower leg called tibialis anterior, and it can get quite painful. Runners sometimes get pain there when they go down hills. I get pain there from my dizziness because it feels like I'm falling forward and, usually, to the left. Anyway, instead of medication, a physiotherapist could do some trigger point work there, or some ultrasound. Maybe ice or heat could help, or perhaps there are specific exercises or stretches that would help it.

If it's not soft tissue, do you know what it is? What did the doc say? I tried Tramadol once, and it completely flattened me. Horrible reaction. I would never take it again. My go-to med is either ibuprofen or naproxen, but I use them sparingly because they increase the tinnitus in my left ear. It's a pretty common side effect, and I can only handle so much of that increased volume of tea-kettle-hissing. My best thing -- always -- is physiotherapy. It can get to the root of the problem --  that is, if it's within the scope of that practice.

Thanks for the good wishes, Korbe. I should have read your note last night, perhaps -- BEFORE I went to bed -- because it was a pretty bad night for me. I fell asleep crying and awoke at 3:45 a.m., and I started crying again. It was a crappy weekend, and I just want a break from it all. I'm sure you do too. I'm wishing it for you and for everyone here.

Take good care, Korbe, and stay in touch, please.  :-*

[a0...]

Korbe and Lapis,Sending you both love and hugs today! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry guys! :smitten:

This stuff is so brutal!I have been having a ramp up in dizziness too the past 2 days,and it is making me crazy!Maybe this is a sign of healing,bad to light until it backs down to being gone?I sure hope so!Just like we all are,I'm just so plain sick of being sick!

My brain fog/cement head is an every other day event lately.It's odd how some symptoms come back that you thought were gone.My allergies are way worse too.

Korbe,I don't take anything for pain.I use heating pads,ice or epsom salt soaks if it gets really bad.I found just soaking my feet in epsom salt helps with leg pain,and all over body pain.It helps you to sleep better that night too!

I get a bloody nose if I take aspirin or ibuprofen for more than a couple days,so I just avoid it.Hope that's not too much information!

I mentioned that to the doc last time I was in,and she checked me for a clotting disorder,just in case.She said I was fine there,so must just be me!Our bodies sure have minds of their own!

Here is something to hopefully make you guys smile.......we have a huge baby frog population in our yard!They are everywhere!They are on the sidewalk,and our lawn and patio.Little hoppers,going here and there,jumping in front of you when you head out the door.

They are so tiny and cute!We are so worried we will step on them when we walk on the lawn to water,etc.I was trying to sweep the porch this morning,and had to sweep around some of these little babies,or wait for them to hop away!

Welcome to my frog nightmare! :o

This spring we had more pheasants than I can ever remember seeing,and now the frogs!Last year it was extra deer.

Last week we had a prairie dog in the yard trying to dig underneath our tool shed!

We live on a prairie,so we get a lot of critters up here! :)

Ah, 2200, thank you for the critter stories! So nice to hear the news from the little/big house on the prairie! I love the frog situation! Sounds kind of fun. If you get sick of them, you could always eat a few for dinner.  :laugh: (Er, maybe not!)

So, are you saying that your lovely run of 5s has given way to a few 6s and 7s? It's such a roller coaster ride -- on every level. Very cruel. Anyway, I believe that the frogs and pheasants will scare off any higher levels of dizziness that might have crept in, so just hang on for the moment, okay? I'm still wondering what happened to all of the moles you mentioned a little while ago. Any updates?

Nose bleeds from NSAIDs would not be considered "too much information", so not to worry about that! They do affect clotting rates, as far as I understand, and we're all likely different on that one. I've never had that as an issue, but of course, I get the increased tinnitus and some gut issues from time to time. Like any other med, they have risks.

Unfortunately, I have no good critter stories, except that I see a neighbour from our building walking outside with her new puppy, and it's making me really jealous. Soooooo cute! I can't take care of myself, never mind something else (except a few plants), so there won't be any dogs for me. But I can look out the window and smile.

I think I cried for about 36 hours straight (Saturday night through this morning) from all of the dizziness and pain. Really, really bummed out. It's been a long haul. Please, Universe, make it stop soon!

Hang on, 2200, Korbe and everyone else! If you do, so will I.  :mybuddy:

Hey Dizzy Buds,

Check out this PubMed study called "Out-of-body experience in vestibular disorders - A prospective study of 210 patients with dizziness". It mentions the depersonalization-derealization, anxiety and depression, as well as migraines, that are sometimes associated with dizziness. Very interesting indeed!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28669509 

Here's one more study, Dizzy Buds!

This one is called "Residual dizziness after successful treatment of idiopathic benign paroxysmal positional vertigo originates from persistent utricular dysfunction". Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is quite common, and it causes vertigo (i.e. spinning sensations), as well as nausea and vomiting. It's often associated with certain head movements. With a repositioning treatment, it can usually be treated quite successfully, but according to this study, some people continue to have some symptoms. What's unclear to me is what the symptoms are.

What I'd like to know is whether the remaining symptoms are more boat-like and less vertigo-like. I'd also like to know whether these people were prescribed any medication for their BPPV, such as benzodiazepines. They're commonly prescribed in the acute stages of BPPV. So, you might see where I'm going with my line of questioning. If people are prescribed benzos for their BPPV, and then they get the repostioning maneuver, do they continue to take benzos? If so, could their residual symptoms be associated with the medication?

Ah, so many questions!

Here's the study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28681630