Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Dizziness Group: For those who are floating, boating, falling or flying

[La...]

abcd,I am a squirrel monkey!I don't know how to put the picture on here,so you'll have to take my word for it!Some people might already suspect that's a match as they think I am nuts! :laugh:

Well, I tried to rig the quiz to see if I could become a squirrel monkey for you, 2200 :D, but it was not to be, I guess I'll just stick to being awesome and amazing!  :sneaky::socool:

You mean noone's given you a little tutorial on how to post a pic here?  It's as easy as abcd :socool:

a)  Google the pic you want, e.g. "squirrel monkey" and click "Images" right at the top of the search results page (All, Images, Videos, Shopping, etc.)

b)  Choose the pic you want and right click (assuming you're on Windows?) ... then choose "Copy Image Location"

c)  Paste that link into your post.  It should look something like this, likely with a ".jpg" or ".gif" extension.  https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/27/62/69/2762690e12d7783c488bc7a9aeeded1a.jpg

d)  Then highlight that link and see on top of the little emoticon images, far left and under the "B", that's actually a little pic of the Mona Lisa ???, just click that, et voila, it should look like this.  You can click the "Preview" first to make sure it worked.  :thumbsup:

2762690e12d7783c488bc7a9aeeded1a.jpg

Hi everybody,

I am so glad that you are able to pick each others spirits up!  There are such nice people on this thread.  I love  the pics you all have posted.

Hang in there and stay strong!  The dizziness goes away!  (it just takes its sweet time)

:smitten:

Hi Stephanie!!We miss you around here!You need to come back more often!!!

I hope we don't get in trouble for making mischief on the dizzy site!

Steph!  So good to have you drop by, so are you 100% dizzy-free yet?  And hoping your migraines are also easing up for you!  :smitten: 

Yea, always seems to be someone making mischief on the dizzy boat, it's mainly 2200's fault though, and Shook as well, and also Lapis and ... um ... who else, well everyone, except me really.  It can be quite annoying!  :P  :crazy:

Hayulp! Hayulp! I may need my Harlequin Romance dude to save me again.

:laugh: :laugh:  Yes,where is Fabio to fend off Shook's flying monkeys? :laugh:

Fabio is a prisoner in my castle, eating imitation butter... He can no more save you than himself from obscurity.

fabio-today-20160720_071e3486ab6e935484bb358c85e9d120.today-inline-large.jpg

Yes, that's transplanted hair...

It's been an enjoyable excursion aboard this leaky old boat! Thanks to Lapis and her crew for the hospitality and good cheer... Farewell and adieu, and may the wind always be at your back!

I'd hate to leave you with a picture of Fabio holding toast... Here's a lovely piece of concept art from the Ave Maria sequence of Walt Disney's Fantasia.

May you heal swiftly and reclaim your life.  :smitten:

screen-shot-2013-07-10-at-5-33-49-pm.png

Hey Shook,

Are you going somewhere? Why are you bidding us "Farewell and adieu"?

:-\>:(  :-\ Shook?  Speak to us.  :-\

[cb...]

abcd,I am a squirrel monkey!I don't know how to put the picture on here,so you'll have to take my word for it!Some people might already suspect that's a match as they think I am nuts! :laugh:

Well, I tried to rig the quiz to see if I could become a squirrel monkey for you, 2200 :D, but it was not to be, I guess I'll just stick to being awesome and amazing!  :sneaky::socool:

You mean noone's given you a little tutorial on how to post a pic here?  It's as easy as abcd :socool:

a)  Google the pic you want, e.g. "squirrel monkey" and click "Images" right at the top of the search results page (All, Images, Videos, Shopping, etc.)

b)  Choose the pic you want and right click (assuming you're on Windows?) ... then choose "Copy Image Location"

c)  Paste that link into your post.  It should look something like this, likely with a ".jpg" or ".gif" extension.  https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/27/62/69/2762690e12d7783c488bc7a9aeeded1a.jpg

d)  Then highlight that link and see on top of the little emoticon images, far left and under the "B", that's actually a little pic of the Mona Lisa ???, just click that, et voila, it should look like this.  You can click the "Preview" first to make sure it worked.  :thumbsup:

2762690e12d7783c488bc7a9aeeded1a.jpg

Thankyou abcd!!I will use your directions next time I want to post a picture.I have tried to figure it out before,but I never could get it to work.It takes me awhile,I am computer challenged!

I still type with two fingers too! ;)

How are you today abcd?Do you still get anxiety?

[cb...]

It's been an enjoyable excursion aboard this leaky old boat! Thanks to Lapis and her crew for the hospitality and good cheer... Farewell and adieu, and may the wind always be at your back!

I'd hate to leave you with a picture of Fabio holding toast... Here's a lovely piece of concept art from the Ave Maria sequence of Walt Disney's Fantasia.

May you heal swiftly and reclaim your life.  :smitten:

Are you leaving here Shook?I hope I didn't offend you in any way?

Love the Fabio!  ''I can't believe it's not butter,or his real hair?"

screen-shot-2013-07-10-at-5-33-49-pm.png

Thankyou abcd!!I will use your directions next time I want to post a picture.I have tried to figure it out before,but I never could get it to work.It takes me awhile,I am computer challenged!

Keep trying, 2200, you'll get there.  You can go and have some fun playing around in the sandbox:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=75.0

Re anxiety.  My sxs are purely physical, ie this pulsating rocky crapola, severe muscle contractions, and pain, a delightful combo. :o However, the anxiety monster did strike me right at the beginning of my taper, lasted about two months.  I mainly Dr. Claired my way out of it, plus other techniques, I really worked it because I was so terrified of being hit the way I was during my AD w/d.  Are you familiar with Dr. Claire, would you like me to throw down some audio links?  Was anxiety a problem for you prior to the meds, 2200?  I'm so sorry you're still having to deal with it, big hugs.

:hug: 

[cb...]

Keep trying, 2200, you'll get there.  You can go and have some fun playing around in the sandbox:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=75.0

Re anxiety.  My sxs are purely physical, ie this pulsating rocky crapola, severe muscle contractions, and pain, a delightful combo. :o However, the anxiety monster did strike me right at the beginning of my taper, lasted about two months.  I mainly Dr. Claired my way out of it, plus other techniques, I really worked it because I was so terrified of being hit the way I was during my AD w/d.  Are you familiar with Dr. Claire, would you like me to throw down some audio links?  Was anxiety a problem for you prior to the meds, 2200?  I'm so sorry you're still having to deal with it, big hugs.

:hug:

Thanks abcd!I do have Claire Weeke's book on anxiety.I use many of her suggestions on controlling it.Sometimes though,I swear it doesn't work when it feels like an adrenaline thing,sort of like it's physical and you just have to ride it out.

I always try and push through,finish as much as I can,say getting groceries,etc.and not let it stop me,but some days,I just can't do it,and cut myself a little slack,and stay home and eat some chocolate and feel sorry for myself. ;D

This stuff is so unpredictable,it makes you crazy!

I'm so sorry you are still off balance too,and those muscle contractions!Ugg!!

I need to stop reading the Facebook pop ups where they say if you have these 10 symptoms you must be B12 or magnesium deficient,etc.......I think this has lasted so long,that little voice inside says maybe it's just a vitamin deficiency or something! :tickedoff:

Apologies for the abrupt exit guys!

I think I've just read too much on BB that has scared the peedoodles out of me ahead of my taper... Those aren't sugarplums dancing in my head at night, but frightening scenarios of what may lie ahead.

So to clear the cobwebs, I think it best to take a break from here... Apologies again for the dramatic exit. I've always wanted to be a thespian. lol

I'll drop in when you least expect it to say 'hi' and post something silly. But it'll be hard to beat Fabio holding a piece of toast with his likeness burnt on it.

Again, my thanks and sincerest wishes for you all to get the hell out of here posthaste!

Your buddy,

Shook

2200, you couldn't offend anyone if you tried.  :)

Hey Shook,

I totally respect your decision. I wasn't on BB during my taper, and it was fine. I was aware of it, but I just kept to myself, read the Ashton Manual if I had questions, and focused on other things.

Stay positive, and do whatever you need to do to take of yourself in the way that makes sense for you. You're a pretty upbeat guy, and you have a fabulous sense of humour. I think those things will carry you along and keep you on the right side of the road.

I will send all of the good vibes I can find in your direction! You can do it!

Lapis  :-*

Hey Dizzy Buds,

How's everyone doing today? I've got another dizzy day today, and I'm feeling pretty wired. I had to go out a couple of days ago, and since it was also a dizzy day, it just made the whole event that much more stressful. Thankfully, yesterday's 6 gave me a bit of a break, but I'm back at it today.  :(

I got a new novel to start, so I'm counting on that to take me away from the present a bit. And with this weekend's 150th birthday celebrations for Canada, there will be lots to watch online. Distraction time!

[cb...]

Apologies for the abrupt exit guys!

I think I've just read too much on BB that has scared the peedoodles out of me ahead of my taper... Those aren't sugarplums dancing in my head at night, but frightening scenarios of what may lie ahead.

So to clear the cobwebs, I think it best to take a break from here... Apologies again for the dramatic exit. I've always wanted to be a thespian. lol

I'll drop in when you least expect it to say 'hi' and post something silly. But it'll be hard to beat Fabio holding a piece of toast with his likeness burnt on it.

Again, my thanks and sincerest wishes for you all to get the hell out of here posthaste!

Your buddy,

Shook

2200, you couldn't offend anyone if you tried.  :)

Thanks Shook!You just scared us a little,we were worried you might be leaving for good,and well,we love having you around here!I know you make me laugh a lot with your witty,goofy sense of humor,which I really need  more of going through this,and I would selfishly miss that!

But I do understand the need to get off by yourself for awhile,too much spooky reality on here most days......

This is tough to go through,and you need to do what makes it easier for you to get through the days and keep it together,and many times we just don't have it in us to give to everyone around us all the time when we are struggling so much ourselves.

You don't hesitate to come back and get some support if you ever need it,there is always someone around here who cares! :)

Did anyone read Coop's success story?Sorry if someone has already mentioned it!

[cb...]

Hey Dizzy Buds,

How's everyone doing today? I've got another dizzy day today, and I'm feeling pretty wired. I had to go out a couple of days ago, and since it was also a dizzy day, it just made the whole event that much more stressful. Thankfully, yesterday's 6 gave me a bit of a break, but I'm back at it today.  :(

I got a new novel to start, so I'm counting on that to take me away from the present a bit. And with this weekend's 150th birthday celebrations for Canada, there will be lots to watch online. Distraction time!

Goodmorning Lapis!I'm sorry you got yourself a wired and dizzy day!Isn't it weird how going somewhere dizzy makes the anxiety crank up big time?I can be home and off balance,yet be much calmer,yet a trip to the store,etc.makes me a nervous wreck!

I hope it tapers off as the day goes by.Do you ever get that pattern where it goes up or down during the day?

What kind of things do they put on TV for the Canada birthday celebration?I once was in Canada when I was a kid---family vacation.It was beautiful!We even saw a huge moose by the road.What a cool place to live!

What new book are you reading?I read so much online that I mostly read magazines and info I print off the internet.I just can't seem to dig into a good book anymore!I hate to admit this,but I mostly really like watching TV!I like to watch people's faces when following a story,I guess I'm super visual or something.

I think I can say my off balance is more a steady #5 now.It does get a bit worse for a short time during the day,but goes back to around a #5 baseline now.I did go get groceries this morning.I had some anxiety,and the off balance stuff,but I did pretty good.Picked up a coffee through the drive thru on the way home as a reward for my act of courage- -groceries done,mission accomplished! :laugh:

You know,today I realized that July 12th I will be off benzos for 38 months.I am so glad I jumped and never went back.Though not totally healed yet,I feel so much better then I did even at 2 1/2 years off.Everything is coming back,just very slowly.It's exciting!!We are gonna get there!! :smitten:

Wow, 2200! It's great to hear that you have 5s these days! Phenomenal news! Yes, you're definitely getting there. In my case, I guess I'm not there yet. I've been bawling with this 8 and incredible foot and leg pain. I'm exhausted. And yes, sometimes I get days where my dizziness goes up or down, but mostly, whatever I have in the morning is what I'll have for the rest of the day.

As far as Canada Day activities, there'll be lots of music and fireworks, and all that kind of stuff. The big party is in Ottawa, the capital, but of course, people will be celebrating across the country. I guess it's much like the 4th of July for you folks. But we might have moose! And beavers! And other iconic Canadian animals like that! I'll watch the Ottawa celebrations online, I guess.

And the book I'm reading is called, "The Girl You Left Behind", by JoJo Moyes. I like this author, so that's why I chose it. Hope it's good! Not long ago, I read an excellent book by Trevor Noah, called "Born a Crime". Loved it! And I started to read Bruce Springsteen's autobiography, but it's a hardcover, and it has 500 pages. It's a whopper! It's just a tad hard to manage while I"m feeling so crappy. I'll read it some other time, I think. Hardcover books are pretty dangerous at the best of times, and they're a big no-no for me at bedtime. If I start falling asleep with a hardcover, then I'm liable to poke out my own eye! Nope. Not a good idea.

I'm sure you guys have your big 4th of July parties coming up, so I hope that'll be fun.

I'm considering a short trip that is out of state and 500 feet above my home. I get balance issues. Would you reckon that it is or isn't more likely I would experience difficulty?thanks guys, keep on ✌🏼

Hi niki89,

Have you had issues with such things before? What specifically are you concerned about? Benzos can affect balance at any time while people are taking them and during the withdrawal and post-withdrawal period. Such things are quite common.

Here's an idea: Why not go up a tall building in your own city and see if have any trouble with that? For example, if there are any 50-story buildings in your midst (office, apartment), maybe you could go up in the elevator and see how you feel. From one of the webpages I checked, you could estimate that one floor of a building might equal about 10 feet, but of course, there could be a wide variety of ceiling heights.

On the positive side, if you're going on a nice trip, and you'll be doing something fun, then the positive will likely outweigh any negative issues.  :) :) :)

Hi Dizzy Buds,

How is everyone today? Hanging in there?

I came across this PubMed study called "Preventing Episodic Migraine With Caloric Vestibular Stimulation: A Randomized Controlled Trial". I know we have some migraine sufferers who drop in now and then, so I'm hoping they'll have a look at this. Quite interesting!

"OBJECTIVE:  To evaluate the safety and efficacy of a novel solid-state, caloric vestibular stimulation (CVS) device to provide adjuvant therapy for the prevention of episodic migraine in adult migraineurs."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28656612 

[cb...]

Goodmorning Lapis!

I am still about a #5 on the dizzy scale.Got a bit more this morning when I was anxious,but it has gone back to good old number 5!I have some muscle pain and zaps today too.They come and go.

Decided to stay home on the 4TH.Too anxious to enjoy BBQ time at the small family get together.It's too hot also and they don't have air conditioning and like to sit outside.The heat seems to really be getting to me this summer.Do you have that too?

How are you doing Lapis,a better day I hope?Do you have a lot of muscle pain today?

I hope your Monday is starting out great,and you have a super duper groovy day! :)

Thanks for the post on migraines!

Hey 2200,

Nice to see you! Happy Almost-Fourth of July! It's a holiday here for many on this side of the border too because of Canada Day, which was on July 1. Lots of people are off work, and there are a bunch of great activities for all of the non-dizzy people out there. It's brutal for someone like me, because I used to love to go to such things.

I'm so glad to hear you're still getting all of those 5s! That must feel amazing! I can't even imagine it. Today's another 8, and I started crying at about 4 a.m. Haven't really stopped. I cried much of the weekend too. I don't actually have the right words to describe what I'm feeling. In despair.

Thanks for the good wishes, 2200. 

[24...]

I'm so sorry, Lapis.  :mybuddy:  I hope your dizzies plunge today, and that you wake up peacefully, and not too early, tomorrow.

:smitten:

It really does wear a person down to have relentless dizziness like this. I guess I should be grateful that (shhh!) I no longer get the vertigo that used to hit me from simply rolling over in bed, or worse, while I was simply lying still with my eyes shut.

But wow, the idea that we should feel grateful for occasionally feeling less crippled by an iatrogenic affliction is just mind-boggling.

I wish physicians and scientists were more concerned with fixing what they broke than they are with offering 'easy' and 'safe' (!) fixes for the stuff that got us on benzos in the first place.

I try to not watch commercial television, but that advert for a drug to 'restore' normalcy when someone is suffering from the constipation that accompanies opioid use is just crazy. It has horrible, dangerous side effects, but also anxiety. Guess what the patient will be prescribed for that anxiety?  Ugh.  :sick:

[cb...]

Hey 2200,

Nice to see you! Happy Almost-Fourth of July! It's a holiday here for many on this side of the border too because of Canada Day, which was on July 1. Lots of people are off work, and there are a bunch of great activities for all of the non-dizzy people out there. It's brutal for someone like me, because I used to love to go to such things.

I'm so glad to hear you're still getting all of those 5s! That must feel amazing! I can't even imagine it. Today's another 8, and I started crying at about 4 a.m. Haven't really stopped. I cried much of the weekend too. I don't actually have the right words to describe what I'm feeling. In despair.

Thanks for the good wishes, 2200.

Lapis,one day we will be able to join in the fun we used to enjoy,instead of looking out the window,or the TV watching on the side lines. :thumbsup:

I pray your dizziness and pain lets up today,and you get some good breaks in there! :hug:

Hi LeslieAsh!I hate those med commercials too!It seems like new ones all the time.And with their horrible side effects they mention on the commercial,well, at least they mention SOME of the side effects!They keep some for a surprise to not scare everybody away I guess.Then a few months later,here come the lawyer commercials for the lawsuits from all the side effects of these meds! :sick:

It never ends!

Enjoy your 4th of July! :)

Hi LeslieAsh and 2200,

Thanks for the boost! It's been a rocky ride today, and it's not yet over. A couple more hours to go still. Usually, it changes in the middle of the night, for some strange reason, so I'm praying that the universe will give me the gift of a less dizzy day tomorrow. Oh please, oh please, oh please!

Leslie, it's amazing that your dizziness has stayed away! Really, it's helpful to me and others around here to know that it happens. I think most people just take off when they're feeling better, so we don't often get to hear the good news that we need. Of course, I know we'll never have the kind of details and statistics that we all want, but the individual stories around here are powerful in and of themselves.

2200, now that you're feeling less dizzy, have you found that your anxiety has dropped a bit? Are you having some better trips out, e.g. supermarket? I really hope so. You so deserve a bit of peace and comfort. Maybe you'll finally get your peedoodles back! They've been gone awhile, and they need to re-enter your soul (Gut? Belly button? Um...where are the peedoodles stored exactly?).

I will send all the Americans around here a whack o' Happy Fourth of July wishes, and I'll sing my best version of the Star Spangled Banner. I always liked it, and I know all the words. It does go a little high at points, but I do my best Whitney Houston impression to reach them (Damn, she was so good! Damn drugs!).