Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[56...]

I must chime in here and speak in flowery terms about the sound of tires spinning on the ice. It delights the heart and soul so much that one feels compelled to run over and offer to help the person push his/her car off said ice just to get relief from the (beautiful) screeching, screaming sound.

:D

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1cLe7RdBDmF9CZBuEbMa1_gnCIGl6294xC8rmD38nDE9YhK9Lxg

“Looking at beauty in the world, is the first step of purifying the mind.”

― Amit Ray

Shhhhh, LISTEN VERY CLOSE....DO YOU HEAR THAT?  IT'S THE SOUND OF A PEACEFUL MIND!

FB

Beautiful!  I live where there is snow, and I still LOVE it!  :smitten:

L U C K Y !!!!

Beautiful Fluter.  :) I wish i was there. Its always peaceful when there is a snow storm. The snow acts as a sound absorber. You ever notice that? Just the beauty alone is enough to bring your mind to a quiet, peaceful place.  :)

Snowy

I live in snow country.  You're right, it is ever so quiet and peaceful.  Waking up to the sweet melodies of snow plows, snow blowers and ice scrapers, very, very soothing!  Oftentimes, the calming harmonies of emergency vehicle sirens, oh, makes me feel so very warm and fuzzy inside!

>:D >:D>:D

ABCK,

YOU LITTLE SPOIL SPORT  >:D

I must chime in here and speak in flowery terms about the sound of tires spinning on the ice. It delights the heart and soul so much that one feels compelled to run over and offer to help the person push his/her car off said ice just to get relief from the (beautiful) screeching, screaming sound.

OKAY, SPOIL SPORT #2.... >:D  WE SHALL SEND YOU AND ABCE TO A TROPICAL ISLAND....HOPE YOU ENJOY SWEATING :thumbsup:

Oh my, Lap, you also live in a winter wonderland?!!  Yes, what these people are missing out on, they must feel so envious of us!

It's a gal's dream!  Shopping for new gloves, scarves, coats, boots, hats, ear muffs and sexy thermal undies!  Oh my, I'm getting glorious goose bumps thinking of the joys!  I've even indulged in balaclavas, who'd have thought anyone could have so much fun!!!  And ice shoe grippers for those rare days that you don't want to skate and tumble along the sidewalk.  Oh, and the fun, oh the fun, when you can't recognize your car in the parking lot.  Oh, makes me feel like a child again going bunny hunting with my nose running.  Aaaah, it surely is blissful!  We are so very lucky! 

Yay! Power to the Spoil Sports! Weeeeeeeeee!

abcd reminds us of how beautiful and lovely we can feel when wearing a balaclava. Really, there's nothing quite like it! Thank you, abcd, I'd forgotten about that one.

:laugh:

Beautiful Fluter.  :) I wish i was there. Its always peaceful when there is a snow storm. The snow acts as a sound absorber. You ever notice that? Just the beauty alone is enough to bring your mind to a quiet, peaceful place.  :)

Snowy

I live in snow country.  You're right, it is ever so quiet and peaceful.  Waking up to the sweet melodies of snow plows, snow blowers and ice scrapers, very, very soothing!  Oftentimes, the calming harmonies of emergency vehicle sirens, oh, makes me feel so very warm and fuzzy inside!

ABCK,

YOU LITTLE SPOIL SPORT  >:D

http://www.quotesonimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Funny-Best-Sayings-Life-Humorous-Hilarious-Quotes-747.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

http://dougleschan.com/the-recruitment-guru/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/daily-motivational-quotes-with-pictures-45-inspirational-for-recruiter-1024x1024.jpg

Snowy

:laugh: i know what you mean ABCD. I saw a row of police cars and firetrucks go by the other day and my wife was like..."OH NO I wonder what happened" and I was like...Those red and blue lights are so pretty at Christmas time.  8)

Snowy

:laugh: i know what you mean ABCD. I saw a row of police cars and firetrucks go by the other day and my wife was like..."OH NO I wonder what happened" and I was like...Those red and blue lights are so pretty at Christmas time.  8)

Oh, oh ... where's that bib gone ... sooooo funny you are, Snowy.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Hilarious!

Oh my, Lap, you also live in a winter wonderland?!!  Yes, what these people are missing out on, they must feel so envious of us!

It's a gal's dream!  Shopping for new gloves, scarves, coats, boots, hats, ear muffs and sexy thermal undies!  Oh my, I'm getting glorious goose bumps thinking of the joys!  I've even indulged in balaclavas, who'd have thought anyone could have so much fun!!!  And ice shoe grippers for those rare days that you don't want to skate and tumble along the sidewalk.  Oh, and the fun, oh the fun, when you can't recognize your car in the parking lot.  Oh, makes me feel like a child again going bunny hunting with my nose running.  Aaaah, it surely is blissful!  We are so very lucky!

OK...FADE TO GREEN ;)

WHERE THE HECK DO YOU AND LAPS LIVE THE FREAKIN ARCTIC CIRCLE...LOL.

AND WHAT IS A BALACLAVAS (I thought this was a GREEK DESSERT)?

AND, I HAPPEN TO THINK ONE CAN LOOK PRETTY DANG SEXY IN THE RIGHT THERMALS >:D

ABCD, I BET YOU AND LAPS LOOK SO CUTE WITH YOUR RED / RUNNY NOSES :thumbsup:

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND :smitten:

AND, I'M SURE HAPPY THAT SNOWY LIKES THE RED AND BLUE LIGHTS AT CHRISTMAS...LOL

Oh, Fluter, you had me crying through my sore foot-dizzy head tears! Greek dessert! You betcha. We're all wearing Greek desserts on our heads to stay warm here in the Great White North!

Priceless.

Thank you! I really needed to laugh.  :smitten:

Oh, Fluter, you had me crying through my sore foot

SAY LAPS, CAN YA PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW YOU CRY THRU YOUR FOOT?  I'M TRYING TO PICTURE THIS ;)  WHAT DID YOU DO TO CAUSE A  SORE FOOT?

Greek dessert! You betcha. We're all wearing Greek desserts on our heads to stay warm here in the Great White North!

Priceless.

WELL LAPS, I'M SUPER HAPPY YOU WERE ABLE TO GET A GOOD LAUGH ;) HOWEVER, I'M SERIOUS...WHAT IS A "BALACLAVAS"?  IS IT A HAT?  I KNOW IT'S NOT A GREEK DESSERT...LOL.

HELP A SOUTH TEXAS GIRL OUT  ;D  I'M CLUELESS ABOUT THESE THINGS.

HUGGING YOUR SORE FOOT,

Oh, Fluter, you had me crying through my sore foot

SAY LAPS, CAN YA PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW YOU CRY THRU YOUR FOOT?  I'M TRYING TO PICTURE THIS ;)  WHAT DID YOU DO TO CAUSE A  SORE FOOT?

Greek dessert! You betcha. We're all wearing Greek desserts on our heads to stay warm here in the Great White North!

Priceless.

WELL LAPS, I'M SUPER HAPPY YOU WERE ABLE TO GET A GOOD LAUGH ;) HOWEVER, I'M SERIOUS...WHAT IS A "BALACLAVAS"?  IS IT A HAT?  I KNOW IT'S NOT A GREEK DESSERT...LOL.

HELP A SOUTH TEXAS GIRL OUT  ;D  I'M CLUELESS ABOUT THESE THINGS.

HUGGING YOUR SORE FOOT,

OMG!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:    :clap: :clap: :clap:

Also laughing over the Greek dessert!  Very, very funny!

I'll give you a big, fat clue, Flute.  In S. Texas you'd probably only have to see one if - Gd Forbid - there were, say, a bank robbery for instance.

Here in Winter Wonderland, we wear them just for fun, fashion statements, that's all!  Sometimes I don't wear one just for kicks, so I can feel the lovely sensation of ears burning as they're about to freeze off.  My favorite sensation is that of icicles in my nose.  Oh, oh, it's so, so fun in the snow, snow!

How far exactly south are you?  San Antonio way?

How far exactly south are you?  San Antonio way?

2 1/2 hrs S. of San Antonio...C.C. Tex.  right on the Gulf of Mexico

WHERE ARE YOU...NORTH TO ALASKA  ;D

FB :smitten:

For the unitiated, here's a balaclava:

http://jodiwigmore.com/timberline/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/3_Hole_Balaclava_4a95a27faabaf.jpg

Now, Fluter, just imagine us all wearing these balaclavas and our sexy long undies while eating Greek dessert! I do understand that eating might be difficult while wearing a three-hole balaclava, but hey, we've been benzofried, so we're tough and can do just about anything. Right? Right.

Good, now that we have that sorted out, we're ready to go tobogganing!

Also, responding to your query on my ability to cry through my foot, I think you missed the rest of the sentence. "Sore foot-dizzy head" was the adjective modifying the noun "tears"....and omigosh, must I spell it all out for ya?! Anyway, suffice to say, my sore foot thanks you from the bottom of its soul for the hugs and laughs and continued silliness. It's a bum foot that could be better if my dizzy head would allow my body to walk in a straight line. But noooooo!

And here's a gift for my friend abcd:

http://christachearts.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/nose-toque-ad.jpg

Yes, a nose toque! Now I know that certain folks on here won't be familiar with a "toque", so I'll explain. A toque (pronounced "tooke") is a knitted cap, here in the Great White North. Until a few minutes ago, though, I had never seen one for a nose. Now abcd doesn't have to worry about having a cold, red, runny nose!

I'll get enough so that everyone can have one, okay?

All the best,

Lapis

:laugh: Yes Lapis, I hear you. Nothing warms my heart more than helping someone get unstuck from the snow. :smitten: That's why I run the hose on the street just before a good snowstorm as temperatures are plummeting.  8)

And here's a gift for my friend abcd:

http://christachearts.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/nose-toque-ad.jpg

Yes, a nose toque! Now I know that certain folks on here won't be familiar with a "toque", so I'll explain. A toque (pronounced "tooke") is a knitted cap, here in the Great White North. Until a few minutes ago, though, I had never seen one for a nose. Now abcd doesn't have to worry about having a cold, red, runny nose!

I'll get enough so that everyone can have one, okay?

All the best,

Lapis

:) How sweet  :smitten:  8)

For the unitiated, here's a balaclava:

http://jodiwigmore.com/timberline/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/3_Hole_Balaclava_4a95a27faabaf.jpg

Now, Fluter, just imagine us all wearing these balaclavas and our sexy long undies while eating Greek dessert! I do understand that eating might be difficult while wearing a three-hole balaclava, but hey, we've been benzofried, so we're tough and can do just about anything. Right? Right.

Good, now that we have that sorted out, we're ready to go tobogganing!

Also, responding to your query on my ability to cry through my foot, I think you missed the rest of the sentence. "Sore foot-dizzy head" was the adjective modifying the noun "tears"....and omigosh, must I spell it all out for ya?! Anyway, suffice to say, my sore foot thanks you from the bottom of its soul for the hugs and laughs and continued silliness. It's a bum foot that could be better if my dizzy head would allow my body to walk in a straight line. But noooooo!

OH THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH FOR SPELLING EVERYTHING OUT FOR MY POOR BENZO MUSH BRAIN ;)  I ALSO, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE VISUALS...AND I BET YOU AND ABCD HAVE 2 SUPER CUTE TOQUE'S ;)

HUGS,

FB :hug:

Thanks, Sno, for the support on the tires-spinning-on-the-ice fun. It's nice to know that you're a friendly neighbour and you help out those who are stuck. Everyone needs a Snoball! Snoballs for everyone!

And, of course, I'm glad that you, Fluter, are now initiated into the balaclava and toque club. Every good cold-climate inhabitant should have a variety of toques on hand to keep away the fashion blues as the winter progresses. Truthfully, I'm not a balaclava kinda gal, but when I was cycling in the winter, I can tell you that a balaclava seemed like a very good idea. I just wrapped my scarf ever higher so that only my eyeballs were showing. Sooooo sexy!

[56...]

http://images.got-artwork.com/Artworks/preview/4/u202_NIGHTFALL-Lady-s-Portrait-Painting-HelenaWierzbicki.jpg

"Nightfall" -Helenka

Music Video:

Have a peaceful evening, friends.   

:smitten:

Thanks, Sno, for the support on the tires-spinning-on-the-ice fun. It's nice to know that you're a friendly neighbour and you help out those who are stuck. Everyone needs a Snoball! Snoballs for everyone!

And, of course, I'm glad that you, Fluter, are now initiated into the balaclava and toque club. Every good cold-climate inhabitant should have a variety of toques on hand to keep away the fashion blues as the winter progresses. Truthfully, I'm not a balaclava kinda gal, but when I was cycling in the winter, I can tell you that a balaclava seemed like a very good idea. I just wrapped my scarf ever higher so that only my eyeballs were showing. Sooooo sexy!

Well...Always happy to lend a helping hand.  8)

Music Video:

[/center]

Have a peaceful evening, friends.   

:smitten:

Such a gorgeous song, Ins!  :thumbsup:  I've added it to my playlist.

Oh, Flute, blame it on all the silliness, but I forgot to mention the tunes you shared earlier.  Really enjoyed them, thank you so much!

1010f894e840412b628bf7f04718fc80.jpg?w=490

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [On...]
    • [kl...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [En...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [Re...]