Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[13...]

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ins,

It's your pal Lapis here, just reaching out with a friendly hug and some silly Gary Larson cartoons. I hope you're okay. Sending a big hug your way......

:)

[13...]

Ins. IIIIIIIIINNS Where are you? We miss you here. I pray that everything is ok and you're just busy thinking of more wise posts. Actually, I don't think you need to think too hard. It's just automatic for you. :) Your presence is so appreciated.

Hoping to see you around these parts soon. :smitten:

Love, Snowy

Hey Sno,

Aren't you one of the sweetest guys in the world!

Had a few days of ups and down -  just like we all do.

Thank you, for thinking about me.

I really miss all of you when I'm not here.

Take care of your sweet self.

Love, Ins :smitten:

[13...]

Hi Ins,

It's your pal Lapis here, just reaching out with a friendly hug and some silly Gary Larson cartoons. I hope you're okay. Sending a big hug your way......

:)

Hi, Lapis

So good to see you, and thank you for the hug!

Here's one for you: :hug:

You're posting images!      :thumbsup: I love it!    Let me take a look at

these cartoons to see 'what's striking your funny bone' this evening. 

Hope your night brings some laughter and relaxation.

[13...]

http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2013/03/22/less-is-moo-the-genius-of-gary-larson/jcr:content/body/inlineimage_0.img.800.png/1363976010983.cached.png

:clap::socool:

[13...]

And now for something completely different:

http://schnickawrites.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/cow_philosophy1_gary_larson.jpg

:laugh::2funny:

So funny, Lapis.

Thank you!  I really needed to laugh!

Hugs, Ins :smitten:

[13...]

Well, Gary Larson is our man, then.

http://lisalessingcounselor.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/garylarsonsetter_12.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kDrue1ZIMGY/UY7ywlaY5nI/AAAAAAAAD30/Yfj4BvBNfK4/s1600/389083_629282410420100_1522247719_n.jpg

And THIS is what I intend to do - just keep laughing...

That is hilarious, Lapis!

Thank you, thank you, thank you :thumbsup::smitten:

Yes, there's some serious silliness going on! As a matter of fact, I'm watching "Elf" online. It's got excellent medicinal qualities and I highly recommend it. :-)

Lapis

[13...]

Wouldn't be nice if we could all be together and actually see each other :)

Yes because of our time differences as it your start of the day mine is almost over

So I get to miss out on a lot that goes on but as much as I love you all :)

I don't love you that much that I am going to stay awake :D

Well I never I bought a memory foam pillow yesterday and you know

it certainly don't work for my memory loss but it did send me to sleep  :)

Duckie,

Again can I Thank you all for my wishes as next week I will go and start my volunteering :)

I am a little anxious because I have not left my nest for a long time

But I will be thinking of you all as my guiding light :)

Duckie :smitten: :smitten

Duckie, I'm so excited about the volunteer position you will be starting.  YEAH!  :thumbsup:

Once you get in there and start volunteering, all of the anxieties will go away.      I'm eager to hear

about your new ventures!  This is exciting. 

In terms of blogging  - what a fantastic idea!    You're so witty, you have so much to

share and teach !  Go for it!   

Love you, my friend. :smitten:

Hugs for you :hug:

PS.  Yes it would be nice if we could all meet one day. 

Anything's possible!!      ;)

[13...]

Yes, there's some serious silliness going on! As a matter of fact, I'm watching "Elf" online. It's got excellent medicinal qualities and I highly recommend it. :-)

Lapis

I'll have to check that out, Lapis.

Thanks, for telling me about it.

Humor is so important.    :smitten:

Lapis

HEY LAP,

I LOVE "ELF" AND "STEP BROTHERS"  THEY ARE BOTH VERY FUNNY.

HUGS,

FB :smitten:

[13...]

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp193/JIMMYLIMO1/Candle-new.gif

Collene, Iam, LF, Sno, Lapis, ABCD, Fluter, PD, Duckie and Dave

Thank you, for your contribution to this thread and for the part you play in making life brighter. 

Love, Ins

"The best gifts come from the heart, not the store."  ~Sarah Dessen

"A gift consists not in what is done or given, but in the intention of the giver or doer."  ~Seneca

"Our deepest wounds surround our greatest gifts."  ~Ken Page

Hope you're smiling -- at least a little bit. I admit that smiling has been pretty tough for me this past week too, so I totally understand if you're not up to it. Today's a less dizzy day for me, and I've been able to move around a bit this evening. Between the Gary Larson cartoons, "Elf" and some lovely BB messages, I'm feeling a bit hopeful tonight.

More hugs going out to all who need 'em.....

Lapis :smitten:

[13...]

Hope you're smiling -- at least a little bit. I admit that smiling has been pretty tough for me this past week too, so I totally understand if you're not up to it. Today's a less dizzy day for me, and I've been able to move around a bit this evening. Between the Gary Larson cartoons, "Elf" and some lovely BB messages, I'm feeling a bit hopeful tonight.

More hugs going out to all who need 'em.....

Lapis :smitten:

http://www.dashinthemiddle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/laughter-is-an-instant-vacation-13.png

Definitely smiling, Lapis.  Thank you.

We have to keep hope alive, and I'm so glad you are up moving around this evening.

Hugs, Ins :smitten:

[13...]

http://www.travelklix.com/wp-content/uploads/Winter-Wonderland-Landscapes1.jpg

"All Heaven and Earth

Flowered white obliterate...

Snow...unceasing snow"

~Hashin

Hi Ins! :) I'm so glad you're back. :) You're a very sweet lady. I was worried about you. I'm really sorry you have had some rough days, rougher, I should say. I know every day is rough, some just less rough than others. :-\ Thankyou for your kind words and for your nice posts. I will pray for you to have a big window. :)

Love, snowy

[13...]

Hi Ins! :) I'm so glad you're back. :) You're a very sweet lady. I was worried about you. I'm really sorry you have had some rough days, rougher, I should say. I know every day is rough, some just less rough than others. :-\ Thankyou for your kind words and for your nice posts. I will pray for you to have a big window. :)

Love, snowy

http://www.greetmark.com/images/thumbnailitems/Thank-You/friends-thankyou-2.jpg

Thank you, Sno

You are such a blessing.

I appreciate your prayers, and I hope you are doing well?

Sending big hugs to you, sweet friend.

Hi, Dear ABCD,

You are so very sweet!

Love the hats!    ;)

It's been a difficult few days - working through it all.

Hope you are well.  Meant to ask you if you are actively doing yoga at this time; if so, is it helping you

with your pain?        I used to do yoga many years ago ( and my sister and I actually checked into some

yoga  classes where scripture is part of the program - haven't yet been part of a class - but, I know the

stretching and exercise is really beneficial).    It's an amazing work-out; much more so than most people realize.

I have trouble doing exercise that is jarring: used to run several miles a day, but it's unbearable on my knees.

Thank you, for thinking of me.    Wishing you a peaceful weekend.   

Love, Ins :smitten: :smitten:

So sorry to hear you've had a difficult few days, Ins, I suspected as much and was getting a little concerned.  I'm thrilled to see you back!  :hug:

No, no yoga for me.  At one time I was doing mindfulness movements (Jon Kabat-Zinn) daily, but had to give it up - the rocky/bouncy sxs became too overpowering for that, unfortunately.  It definitely helped a lot with overall relaxation as well as flexibility, I was thoroughly enjoying it.

I think Tai Chi would be my best bet now, or perhaps Pilates.  I need to be standing up, the rocking is at its worst when sitting/lying.  I'm hoping I'll be able to start it sometime in the New Year, sxs permitting  ::)

Wow, so you used to be a runner.  That's really too bad about the knees, I totally empathize, I was getting into jogging at one time too but it didn't last long due to one gammy knee I've had since forever.  I wear a knee brace for tennis and it does the trick but activities like downhill skiing, etc can be killer.

I think yoga would be really wonderful for you, on so many levels, everyone I know who does it swears by it!  Or what about dancing, would you enjoy that?  Maybe look into some Latin classes or ballroom?

:smitten:

Collene, Iam, LF, Sno, Lapis, ABCD, Fluter, PD, Duckie and Dave

Thank you, for your contribution to this thread and for the part you play in making life brighter. 

Love, Ins

"The best gifts come from the heart, not the store."  ~Sarah Dessen

"A gift consists not in what is done or given, but in the intention of the giver or doer."  ~Seneca

"Our deepest wounds surround our greatest gifts."  ~Ken Page

Love you, Ins!  :smitten:  This thread is never the same when you don't post regularly, I love all your musings.

So I was reflecting on the above quote and went to look up the author's intended meaning.

"Over the years, I realized that the characteristics of my clients which I found most inspiring, most essentially them, were the ones which frequently caused them the most suffering ...

"Again and again, where my clients saw their greatest wounds, I also saw their most defining gifts!"

Something else for me to ponder on!  I love all your quotes, it adds some fire to the cobwebs of my mind!  :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [El...]
    • [de...]
    • [ho...]
    • [jo...]
    • [te...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [Fi...]
    • [En...]
    • [ab...]
    • [...]