Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[7e...]

I HAPPEN TO LOVE THIS SONG....

REALLY LISTEN TO THE WORDS.....

WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN THAT [glow=red,2,300]"ACTIONS"[/glow] WILL ALWAYS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS EVER WILL!

IT'S THE [glow=red,2,300]"ACTIONS"[/glow] PEOPLE THE [glow=red,2,300]"ACTIONS" [/glow]:thumbsup:

WILLIE NELSON

"ALWAYS ON MY MIND"

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND :smitten:

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/39119-We-Make-Time-For-What-We-Truly-Want.jpg

TRUE THAT INS, AND RIGHT NOW...I WANT TO LISTEN TO MUSIC...SO, I AM :)

EAGLES

"DESPARADO"  (one of my Fav's)  :thumbsup:

"WITCHY WOMAN"  (BENZO WOMAN) ;)

FB :smitten:

[7e...]
TRUE THAT INS, AND RIGHT NOW...I WANT TO LISTEN TO MUSIC...SO, I AM :)

EAGLES

"DESPARADO"  (one of my Fav's)  :thumbsup:

"WITCHY WOMAN"  (BENZO WOMAN) ;)

Lovin' the music!

Thank you, sweet Fluter :hug:

Hugs, Ins :smitten:

[7e...]

http://born2shine.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/700x800/swirl_painting_hw_iv.jpg

"Our human compassion binds us the one to the other - not in pity or patronizingly,

but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future."  ~Nelson Mandela

"Grief can be the garden of compassion.  If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can

become your greatest ally in your life's search for love and wisdom."  ~Rumi

"When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions."  ~William Shakespeare

"No matter how bad things are, you can always make them worse."  ~Randy Pausch

"However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. 

It is not so bad as you are.  It looks poorest when you are richest.  The fault-finder

will find faults even in paradise.  Love your life, poor as it is.  You may perhaps have

some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. 

The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as

from the rich man's abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.

I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering

thoughts, as in a palace."  ~Henry David Thoreau

http://www.notable-quotes.com/f/f_scott_fitzgerald_quote_2.jpg

This one really got me mulling things over.  Why is this so true for so many of us on a subconscious level?  I have many theories but, Flute, you're dead right, we need to let it go and reverse this!

:smitten:

"Our human compassion binds us the one to the other - not in pity or patronizingly,

but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future."  ~Nelson Mandela

"Grief can be the garden of compassion.  If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can

become your greatest ally in your life's search for love and wisdom."  ~Rumi

"When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions."  ~William Shakespeare

"No matter how bad things are, you can always make them worse."  ~Randy Pausch

"However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. 

It is not so bad as you are.  It looks poorest when you are richest.  The fault-finder

will find faults even in paradise.  Love your life, poor as it is.  You may perhaps have

some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. 

The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as

from the rich man's abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.

I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering

thoughts, as in a palace."  ~Henry David Thoreau

Love these, Ins!  How are you doing today, my sweet friend?  :smitten:

mindful.png

http://www.therapyinbarcelona.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/mindfulness-means-moment-to-moment.jpg

http://www.wordsonimages.com/pics/118836-o.jpg

http://www.notable-quotes.com/f/f_scott_fitzgerald_quote_2.jpg

Flute, you're dead right

WHAT CHEW TALKIN ABOUT ABCD?

ARE YOU PUTTIN A SPELL ON ME?

FB >:(

[7e...]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOfJVIUsy3jLAyPRow54JHZhj2mHUwvZMFD5QuD7og67pv-BMqTQ

HMMMMM....TELL ME INS,

DOES A MAN LIKE THAT EXSIST?

If you get a chance to read Thoreau's essay "Life Without Principle" I think you will enjoy it.

Here are a few excerpts:

"The aim of the laborer should be, not to get his living, to get 'a good job,' but to perform

well a certain work; and even in a pecuniary sense, it would be economy for a town to pay

its laborers so well that they would not feel that they were working for low ends, as for a

livelihood merely but for scientific, or even moral ends."

"I think there is nothing, not even crime, more opposed to poetry, to philosophy,

to life itself, than this incessant business."

"The world is a place of business.  What an infinite bustle!  I am awakened almost

every night by the panting of the locomotive.  It interrupts my dreams.  There is no

Sabbath.  It would be glorious to see mankind at leisure for once.  It is nothing but work,

work, work.  I cannot easily buy a blank-book to write thoughts in:  they are commonly

ruled for dollars and cents.  An Irishman, seeing me making a minute in the fields, took

it for granted that I was calculating my wages."

"If a man walk in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is danger of being regarded

as a loafer; but if he spends his whole day as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making

earth bald before her time, he is esteemed an industrious and enterprising citizen.  As if a

town had no interest in its forests but to cut them down."

"I did not know that mankind were suffering for want of gold.  I have seen a little of it.

I know that it is very malleable, but not so malleable as wit.  A grain of gold will gild

a great surface, but not so much as a grain of wisdom." 

I still say you guys have the inside info...All of these wise statements. This is how I picture you guys and Little Nicky...Me

Snowy :)

I still say you guys have the inside info...All of these wise statements. This is how I picture you guys and Little Nicky...Me

SNOWY...YOUR AWESOME...YOU'VE GOT THE INNER LIGHT.....RELEASE THE GOOD ;)

HUGS FOR YOU SNOWB,

FLTER :smitten:

[7e...]

Snowy :)

Sno, this is a great clip!

So sweet!

Thank you, my friend.

[7e...]

http://www.netanimations.net/animated-snowfalling-on-christmas-tree.gif

"Solitude is the house of peace."  ~T.F. Hodge

"Wisdom comes from reflection."  ~Deborhah Day

"Embrace the magical gift of serenity in your daily life.  Nothing beats patience, humility,

honesty and tranquility."  ~Angelica Hopes

SNOWY...YOUR AWESOME...YOU'VE GOT THE INNER LIGHT.....RELEASE THE GOOD ;)

HUGS FOR YOU SNOWB,

FLTER :smitten:

Aww Thanks Dear Fluter. :angel: I'd turn you into a sweet little bunny, but you're already an angel. :angel::smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [kn...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [jo...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [fl...]
    • [je...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [An...]