Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[27...]

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[27...]

http://www.blamethemonkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/HDR-Elia-Locardi_Levanto-Italy_Serenity.jpg

Almost everything that I've ever worried about

has never happened.

- Ian Tucker

[27...]

Above all, we cannot afford not to live in the present.

He is blessed over all mortals who loses no moment of the passing life in remembering the past.

― Henry David Thoreau, Walking

[27...]

For many years, I have been moved by the blue at the far edge of what can be seen,

that color of horizons, of remote mountain ranges, of anything far away.

The color of that distance is the color of an emotion, the color of solitude and of desire,

the color of there seen from here, the color of where you are not.

― Rebecca Solnit

For many years, I have been moved by the blue at the far edge of what can be seen,

The color of that distance is the color of an emotion, the color of solitude and of desire,

― Rebecca Solnit

That is beautiful.....speaks to my artistic side, the one I cannot access....

Thank you, alway happy to see what's been posted here

― Rebecca Solnit

The undefined periphery...a slippery concept...GOOD MORNING INS, AND ALL WHO FOLLOW!!! :smitten:tex

[27...]

― Rebecca Solnit

That is beautiful.....speaks to my artistic side, the one I cannot access....

Thank you, alway happy to see what's been posted here

Tracy,

I'm hoping we can both break through and access our creativity.

It is so good to see you.

Hugs for you for a peaceful day.

Love, Ins :smitten:

[27...]

― Rebecca Solnit

The undefined periphery...a slippery concept...GOOD MORNING INS, AND ALL WHO FOLLOW!!! :smitten:tex

Tex, Good Morning,

The far edge of what can be seen ... I love thinking

about this. 

Hugs for you!

Love, Ins :smitten:

Summer nights, when the air was pregnant with the promise of rain...the cicadas would lull you with the ebb and flow of their calling...whiporwills in the trees added to the symphony...lightning bugs leaving a florescent trail across the back of your eyes as you swiped at them, sometimes actually knocking one to the grass where you would then put it in the jar all kids believed was a magical lantern...the hoot owl in the woods...sometimes, the unearthly scream of a bobcat would send shivers through you...delicious sensations of the country in its nighttime prime...the endless stars unfettered by city lights...the screaking and slap-slamming of the back screen door...odd as it may seem, the pungent odor of the outhouse and the threat of the unknown monster dwelling on the bottomside of that hole...the quiet nicker of a horse in the stables...WHEN was the last time you...tex

This is so beautifully written Tex!  Lightning bugs are one of my summertime favorites!  I used to put them in a jar when I was a kid and then put them by my bed at night.  I'm guessing we all did.  They were the most spectacular night light you could ever have!  I love the sound of coyotes howling in a chorus at night.  There's something both serene and wild about that sound.  My dad used to love to just sit outside in a lawn chair at night enjoying the cool night air.  I remember I would go outside and sit next to him.  Sometimes we just sat there in the solitude under the starry sky.  For some reason it stands out in my memory.  I guess it's because it's one of those moments set apart from the usual business of the day.  And also I think because although I wasn't particularly close to my dad, this was a moment that was just ours.  I didn't use too many outhouses, but I can certainly remember wondering what might grab my behind as I sat down on that hole!  I usually envisioned some kind of snake resembling the creature from the Black Lagoon.  >:D

I so much appreciate your ability to put the experiences and insight you have into prose...

PD  :smitten:

[27...]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZyBLs4urAWY4mSnjUbgI2daOajW2vHl_x1RDILNR3h1-xtyMZNQ

I love this!  :thumbsup:  Fear is really the only thing holding us back isn't it?

Hi, PD

Yes, fear paralyzes and lies to us

Hope your weekend goes well, my friend

Hugs, Ins :hug:

[27...]

http://foundtheworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Sunset-Beach-9.jpg

"The Armful"  - Robert Frost

For every parcel I stoop down to seize

I lose some other off my arms and knees,

And the whole pile is slipping, bottles, buns—

Extremes too hard to comprehend at once,

Yet nothing I should care to leave behind.

With all I have to hold with, I will do my best

To keep their building balanced at my breast.

I crouch down to prevent them as they fall;

Then sit down in the middle of them all.

I had to drop the armful in the road.

And try to stack them in a better load.

Aw, shucks...thanks PD...this thread does that to folks...i can close my eyes and ...poof!!! i'm suddenly transported thru time and life to back when...the gifts of Ins...tex

Aw, shucks...thanks PD...this thread does that to folks...i can close my eyes and ...poof!!! i'm suddenly transported thru time and life to back when...the gifts of Ins...tex

You're more than welcome!  :smitten:  :smitten:

[27...]

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/43eoys_QOyU/maxresdefault.jpg

This is a beautiful poetry reading by Tom O'Bedlam of Robert Frost's

Artist Marina Abramović & Former Lover, Ulay

Reunite After 22 Years Apart

"Ulay, Oh" - How I Became The Bomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAID_2iKO5Y

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oooooh, goosebumps! I saw her at the MoMa with my daughter (The Artist is Present exhibit). Will never forget it, we both thought it was incredibly powerful...

[27...]

Artist Marina Abramović & Former Lover, Ulay

Reunite After 22 Years Apart

"Ulay, Oh" - How I Became The Bomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAID_2iKO5Y

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oooooh, goosebumps! I saw her at the MoMa with my daughter (The Artist is Present exhibit). Will never forget it, we both thought it was incredibly powerful...

Tracy,

What an amazing time you and your daughter must have had!

:smitten:

[27...]

“The fragrance of white tea is the feeling of existing in the mists that float over waters;

the scent of peony is the scent of the absence of negativity: a lack of confusion, doubt, and darkness;

to smell a rose is to teach your soul to skip; a nut and a wood together is a walk over fallen Autumn leaves;

the touch of jasmine is a night's dream under the nomad's moon.”

― C. JoyBell C.

[27...]

First Lines From Novels:

Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.

—Charles Dickens, David Copperfield (1850)

It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents, except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets (for it is in London that our scene lies), rattling along the house-tops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the darkness.

—Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, Paul Clifford (1830)

Somewhere in la Mancha, in a place whose name I do not care to remember, a gentleman lived not long ago, one of those who has a lance and ancient shield on a shelf and keeps a skinny nag and a greyhound for racing.

—Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote (1605; trans. Edith Grossman)

I am a sick man . . . I am a spiteful man.

—Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground (1864; trans. Michael R. Katz)

All this happened, more or less.

—Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five (1969)

[27...]

Last Lines from Novels:

...you must go on, I can't go on.  I'll go on.

- Samuel Beckett, The Unnamable (1953)

So, we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby (1925)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xis1d8KqNXk/UtsUbDyNLCI/AAAAAAAAAlc/dvR8LonUPQQ/s1600/onion.jpg

He was soon borne away by the waves and lost in darkness and distance.

- Mary Shelley, Frankenstein (1818)

I lingered round them, under that benign sky; watched the moths fluttering among the heath, and hare-bells;

listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass; and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers

for the sleepers in that quiet earth.

- Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights (1847)

We shall never be again as we were!

- Henry James, The Wings of the Dove (1902)

We shall never be again as we were! But we can be better but never the same as nothing stays the same! Time and life will change us all it`s what we do with these changes that matter nothing else ~CD

[27...]

We shall never be again as we were! But we can be better but never the same as nothing stays the same! Time and life will change us all it`s what we do with these changes that matter nothing else ~CD

You are absolutely so right about this, CD

Thank you, for your wisdom :thumbsup:

Hugs for you :hug:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [Ka...]
    • [PE...]
    • [ha...]
    • [ta...]