Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[db...]

CD,

thanks for being here.

If we were all in a room, I think there would

be that look of knowing that people have when

there's an understood, common experience

probably a lot of tears and a lot of hugs

I think so

:hug:

SO VERY TRUE....

:smitten:

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow Your Heart Not the Crowd

surrealism-painting-grandfather-clock-grave-digger-irony-humor-art.jpg?w=900

Time Waits For No One

It doesn't matter how slow you go but EVERY day, you must take conscious and determined steps toward achieving your goals and dreams. Direction is everything, if you don't have it you could be headed no where fast.

If you don't know what you want to do with your life, then simply make your focus strengthening your mind and body through reading, physical training, meditation and forming positive habits that are geared toward empowering yourself overall, while weeding out that which has a negative and disempowering influence on you, such as meaningless and counter productive relationships, wasting time watching bullshit on TV, eating food that is unhealthy for you, alcohol abuse, putting yourself down mentally and any other bad habits that are holding you back from becoming stronger than you were yesterday.

Time waits for no one, so take chances and risks, fall down and get back up. Step outside your comfort zone and learn to dance through the fire of fear, it will refine you and make you stronger. Push yourself to be better than you were yesterday, no one else is gonna do this for you. Don't shy away from making mistakes because they will help you to grow wiser and bolder. You may not have chosen the life you were born into but you do have the POWER to choose what direction your life takes today.

Choose wisely, your life is ultimately in your hands.

Artist Credit: Pawel Kuczynski

Thank you, PD :thumbsup:

I really need the inspiration!

Hugs for you, Ins :smitten:

You are very welcome.  Hugs back!  :hug:

PD

marilynmonroe.jpg

PD,

I TOTALLY THINK MARYLIN WAS UNDERESTIMATED.

SHE HAS MANY GOOD QUOTES!

I AGREE WITH THIS...TRY BEING RIDICULOUS...IT BEATS THE HECK OUT OF BORING.

AND, SHE BLOWS A MEAN BUBBLE ;)

FB :smitten:

marilynmonroe.jpg

PD,

I agree Fluter!  And she had a natural beauty...she didn't have breast implants and she wasn't super skinny with a perfectly tight stomach...but she was beautiful!  And definitely...we need to joke around and have a little fun in life.  You're a great role model for us.  You bring us all a lot of joy on this thread!

PD  :smitten:

marilynmonroe.jpg

PD,

I agree Fluter!  And she had a natural beauty...she didn't have breast implants and she wasn't super skinny with a perfectly tight stomach...but she was beautiful!  And definitely...we need to joke around and have a little fun in life.  You're a great role model for us.  You bring us all a lot of joy on this thread!

Agreed, PD...AND WELCOME BACK!!! I feel like the family is beginning to gather again...tex

This is one of my favorites...

mp

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”

― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

[db...]

This is one of my favorites...

mp

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”

― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

This is also one of my favorite quotes, MP

Thank you so much, and welcome to this thread!

:smitten:

I don't know why this came to mind and won't leave...but i will put it out so it WILL leave my mind...

" a preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with..."

OK, better, now...tex :thumbsup::smitten:

Thank you for the welcome insomniac  :)

This one may already be on this thread, but will post it in case it isn't:

"I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, others come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me". -- Dr. Seuss

mp

marilynmonroe.jpg

PD,

Agreed, PD...AND WELCOME BACK!!! I feel like the family is beginning to gather again...tex

Thank you Tex.  It's great to be back home again with family.  That's so sweet of you!  :smitten: 

I don't know why this came to mind and won't leave...but i will put it out so it WILL leave my mind...

" a preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with..."

OK, better, now...tex :thumbsup::smitten:

:laugh:  Good one Tex!

"I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, others come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me". -- Dr. Seuss

mp

I love Dr. Suess!  Thanks for sharing.  :thumbsup:

[20...]

mp

This, I love! Thanks!  :clap:

[20...]

Yes, Marilyn-Norma Jean-had a lot going on in that beautiful mind of hers.  :smitten:

Sometimes I've been to a party where no one spoke to me for a whole evening. The men, frightened by their wives or sweeties, would give me a wide berth. And the ladies would gang up in a corner to discuss my dangerous character.

Marilyn Monroe

marilynmonroe.jpg

PD,

;)>:D

THAT WAS A VERY NICE THING FOR YOU TO SAY PD :)

THANK YOU  :smitten:

SAY, WHERE'S THAT SNOW*B...I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM AROUND MUCH LATELY. SNOWY...COME OUT, COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE.  YOUR MISSED :)

CD,

thanks for being here.

If we were all in a room, I think there would

be that look of knowing that people have when

there's an understood, common experience

probably a lot of tears and a lot of hugs

I think so

:hug:

INS. there should be lots of Huggs :) ~ CD

Making Pies ~Patty Griffin I hope some will like it you do not be Religious but the message is awsome !https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HC7KABegj0

[db...]

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/serenity-brad-haymond.jpg

MourningP, Ingrid, CD, PD, Fluter, Tex, Snowy, Nancy, Gilly, ABCD, LFree, & Mr. A

Thank you! 

Love

Ins

Those who live are those who fight.

- Victor Hugo

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Mt...]
    • [Oc...]
    • [ha...]
    • [jo...]
    • [...]
    • [...]