Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[ab...]

Hi everybody!

I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten you and I continue to follow along.  This is the most beautiful and uplifting thread on BBs!  I appreciate all of you so much!  I also wanted to let you know that you inspired me to buy a book of poetry while I was meandering in Barnes and Noble.  It's titled, "Robert Frost - Selected Poems".  Here's one out of my book...I'm ready for October, aren't you?

Love,

PD

October

By  Robert Frost 

O hushed October morning mild,

Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;

Tomorrow’s wind, if it be wild,

Should waste them all.

The crows above the forest call;

Tomorrow they may form and go.

Begin the hours of this day slow.

Make the day seem to us less brief.

Hearts not averse to being beguiled,

Beguile us in the way you know.

Release one leaf at break of day;

At noon release another leaf;

One from our trees, one far away.

Retard the sun with gentle mist;

Enchant the land with amethyst.

Slow, slow!

For the grapes’ sake, if they were all,

Whose leaves already are burnt with frost,

Whose clustered fruit must else be lost—

For the grapes’ sake along the wall.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/morninglg.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

HELLO THERE PD :)

SO NICE TO HEAR FORM YOU!

I HOPE ALL IS WELL?

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POEM...THANK YOU FOR SHARING :)

AND, YES, I AM ALWAYS READY FOR "OCTOBER" ESPECIALLY IF WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE A COLD FRONT BY THAN.  OFTEN HERE IN S. TEXAS...IT WON'T COOL DOWN TILL AROUND DECEMBER; HOWEVER, I LOVE ALL THINGS FALL AND WINTER.

HUGS FROM YOU FLUTER FRIEND  :hug:

http://despicablememinions.org/wp-content/themes/wumblr/themify/img.php?src=http://despicablememinions.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Inspirational-Message-See-how-far-you-have-come.jpg&w=590&h=&q=55

FLUTER 5's FOR EVERYONE 

:highfive:

Sending much love and

Wishing good healing to

All my friends!

Happy 4th July to all who celebrate!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

11667288_831430803632551_7465605048390467339_n.jpg?oh=1641c522724c13e9efe1845a37c3e6f5&oe=56341BFA

11412289_831430513632580_5920621614622794111_n.jpg?oh=61c04fc60e1a231c2bc966ce23974f50&oe=565C1227

Sending much love and

Wishing good healing to

All my friends!

Happy 4th July to all who celebrate!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

11667288_831430803632551_7465605048390467339_n.jpg?oh=1641c522724c13e9efe1845a37c3e6f5&oe=56341BFA

11412289_831430513632580_5920621614622794111_n.jpg?oh=61c04fc60e1a231c2bc966ce23974f50&oe=565C1227

SENDING LOVE AND HAPPINESS RIGHT BACK TO YOU A.

THESE PICS MAKE ME WANT A BINKY...IT MAY HELP DISTRACT :)

BIG FLUTER HUGS  :hug::mybuddy::hug:

HELLO THERE PD :)

SO NICE TO HEAR FORM YOU!

I HOPE ALL IS WELL?

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POEM...THANK YOU FOR SHARING :)

AND, YES, I AM ALWAYS READY FOR "OCTOBER" ESPECIALLY IF WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE A COLD FRONT BY THAN.  OFTEN HERE IN S. TEXAS...IT WON'T COOL DOWN TILL AROUND DECEMBER; HOWEVER, I LOVE ALL THINGS FALL AND WINTER.

HUGS FROM YOU FLUTER FRIEND  :hug:

Thank you Fluter!  Hugs right back at ya!  :hug:

[ab...]

http://www.christies.com/lotfinderimages/d51241/d5124133x.jpg

Possessions, outward success, publicity,

luxury--to me these have always been contemptible.  I believe that a simple

and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body

and the mind.

- Albert Einstein

Wishing a Peaceful Day, Friends

Love, Ins

:smitten:

[ab...]

Hi everybody!

I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten you and I continue to follow along.  This is the most beautiful and uplifting thread on BBs!  I appreciate all of you so much!  I also wanted to let you know that you inspired me to buy a book of poetry while I was meandering in Barnes and Noble.  It's titled, "Robert Frost - Selected Poems".  Here's one out of my book...I'm ready for October, aren't you?

Love,

PD

October

By  Robert Frost 

Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;

Tomorrow’s wind, if it be wild,

Should waste them all.

The crows above the forest call;

Tomorrow they may form and go.

Begin the hours of this day slow.

Make the day seem to us less brief.

Hearts not averse to being beguiled,

Beguile us in the way you know.

Release one leaf at break of day;

At noon release another leaf;

One from our trees, one far away.

Retard the sun with gentle mist;

Enchant the land with amethyst.

Slow, slow!

For the grapes’ sake, if they were all,

Whose leaves already are burnt with frost,

Whose clustered fruit must else be lost—

For the grapes’ sake along the wall.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/morninglg.jpg

PD

Frost's poetry is so beautiful.

Thank you for sharing this.

Yes, I am ready for October . . .for many reasons.

Much love to you,

Ins

[ab...]

4-landscape-at-melleray-woman-carrying-water-to-horses-1881-Camille-Pissarro.jpg

Camille Pissarro (1830-1903)

Blessed are they who see beautiful things

in humble places where other people see nothing.

- Pissarro

4-landscape-at-melleray-woman-carrying-water-to-horses-1881-Camille-Pissarro.jpg

- Pissarro

The thatched roof and period attire says Europe to me, but the sentiment brings back memories of many a sleepy Mexican village to me...tex

[ab...]

- Pissarro

The thatched roof and period attire says Europe to me, but the sentiment brings back memories of many a sleepy Mexican village to me...tex

Tex

Good to hear from you, and a sleepy Mexican village sounds lovely

My brain is leaning toward less busyness and more calm

Oh, and sleep.  More sleep, please.

Take good care, my friend.

Hugs, Ins

[ab...]

width=500 height=400

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Camille_Pissarro_(French,_1830-1903)_Le_grand_noyer_%C3%A0_l'Hermitage.jpg[/img]

I would define, in brief, the poetry of words

as the rhythmical creation of beauty.

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those

who dream only at night.

The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope

of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is

grimly bent on making those dreams come true.

- Quotes of Edgar Allan Poe

[ab...]

Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.

― Edgar Allan Poe

- Pissarro

HUMBLE = NATURE AND ALL IT'S GLORY!

GO THERE INSM...YOU WILL FIND THE BEAUTIFUL PEACE YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR.

STREAM, RIVER, OCEAN BLUE...IT'S ALL THERE WAITING JUST FOR YOU!

TREES ABUNDANT, BREEZES BLOWING THROUGH...PEACEFUL SLEEP MAY IT SOON FIND YOU!

LOSE YOURSELF IN NATRUES BEAUTY...RETURN TO NATURE...RETURN TO YOU!

LOVE TO YOU MY FRIEND,

FLUTER :smitten:

[ab...]

- Pissarro

HUMBLE = NATURE AND ALL IT'S GLORY!

GO THERE INSM...YOU WILL FIND THE BEAUTIFUL PEACE YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR.

STREAM, RIVER, OCEAN BLUE...IT'S ALL THERE WAITING JUST FOR YOU!

TREES ABUNDANT, BREEZES BLOWING THROUGH...PEACEFUL SLEEP MAY IT SOON FIND YOU!

LOSE YOURSELF IN NATRUES BEAUTY...RETURN TO NATURE...RETURN TO YOU!

LOVE TO YOU MY FRIEND,

FLUTER :smitten:

Fluter

Thank you so much

Yes, I am headed to that very place

Hope you have a beautiful, peaceful Sunday

Take very good care of yourself.

Love, Ins :smitten:

[ab...]

There are all kinds of silences and each of them means a different thing.

http://www.gardendesign.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/enlarged_image/_images/201109/weaner-2.jpg

There is the silence that comes with morning in a forest, and this is different from the silence of a

sleeping city. 

There is silence after a rainstorm, and before a rainstorm, and these are not the same.

There is the silence of emptiness, the silence of fear, the silence of doubt.

There is a certain silence that can emanate from a lifeless object as from a chair lately

used, or from a piano with old dust upon its keys, or from anything that has answered to the need of man,

for pleasure or for work.  This kind of silence can speak.  Its voice may be melancholy,

but it is not always so; for the chair may have been left by a laughing child or the last notes

of the piano may have been raucous and gay.  Whatever the mood or the circumstance,

the essence of its quality may linger in the silence that follows.  It is a soundless echo.

- Beryl Markham

Really nice, Ins...i often wonder about the absolute silence I am unable to fathom because of the tinnitus...but absolute silence would be a sensory loss that would surely drive me mad...ok, mad-der...

A world without music...laughter...crying...wind in the trees...the sound of an eagle calling to its mate faintly echoing across the gorge...the ebb and flow of a snow-fed stream over polished rocks...I close my eyes and the world opens another door...another realm of existence is presented to me...I can almost return to a place it seems I just visited...maybe I did...

tex

http://www.gardendesign.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/enlarged_image/_images/201109/weaner-2.jpg

I'M SURE YOUR FAMILIAR WITH THE SAYING "SILENCE IS GOLDEN"? BUT, IS IT?  I HAVE OFTEN WISHED TO BE AT HOME ALONE, AND WHEN (ON THE RARE OCCASION IT HAPPENS) THE "SILENCE" IS DEAFENING.

I LOVE THIS IMAGE!  IT LOOKS SO PEACEFUL AND SERENE; HOWEVER, WHEN I STUDY IT CLOSELY...IT'S BEAUTY  ALSO LOOKS EERILY QUIET AND RATHER SCARY.  SOMETHING IS MISSING....FRIENDS TAKING AN EARLY MORNING WALK.

TAKE MY HAND...IT'S REACHING FOR YOU, AND LET'S PUT OURSELVES THERE ON THAT PATH.  WE DON'T HAVE TO SAY A WORD...WE CAN WALK IN THE SILENCE OF THE DAY, AND SOMEHOW TOGETHER "SILENCE" ISN'T SO "SLIENT" AFTERALL.

LOVE YOU MY DEAR SISTER FRIEND,

FLUTER  :smitten:

[ab...]

I'M SURE YOUR FAMILIAR WITH THE SAYING "SILENCE IS GOLDEN"? BUT, IS IT?  I HAVE OFTEN WISHED TO BE AT HOME ALONE, AND WHEN (ON THE RARE OCCASION IT HAPPENS) THE "SILENCE" IS DEAFENING.

I LOVE THIS IMAGE!  IT LOOKS SO PEACEFUL AND SERENE; HOWEVER, WHEN I STUDY IT CLOSELY...IT'S BEAUTY  ALSO LOOKS EERILY QUIET AND RATHER SCARY.  SOMETHING IS MISSING....FRIENDS TAKING AN EARLY MORNING WALK.

TAKE MY HAND...IT'S REACHING FOR YOU, AND LET'S PUT OURSELVES THERE ON THAT PATH.  WE DON'T HAVE TO SAY A WORD...WE CAN WALK IN THE SILENCE OF THE DAY, AND SOMEHOW TOGETHER "SILENCE" ISN'T SO "SLIENT" AFTERALL.

;)

[ab...]

Really nice, Ins...i often wonder about the absolute silence I am unable to fathom because of the tinnitus...but absolute silence would be a sensory loss that would surely drive me mad...ok, mad-der...

A world without music...laughter...crying...wind in the trees...the sound of an eagle calling to its mate faintly echoing across the gorge...the ebb and flow of a snow-fed stream over polished rocks...I close my eyes and the world opens another door...another realm of existence is presented to me...I can almost return to a place it seems I just visited...maybe I did...

tex

Tex

May tinnitus be gone - for you, me and everyone.

[ab...]

http://uploads3.wikiart.org/images/camille-pissarro/the-church-and-farm-of-eragny-1895.jpg

Ultimately, it's not what you do every once in a while;

it's what you dedicate yourself to an a regular basis that makes the difference.

Don't worry if your goals seem crazy to other people;

oftentimes the crazy ideas are the ones that have the greatest impact.

When people undermine your dreams, predict your doom, or criticize you, remember,

they're telling you their story, not yours.

- A. Chernoff

[ab...]

;)

Hi CD

Hug for you

;)

Hi CD

Hug for you

INS. Huggs back at ya  ~CD

[ab...]

CD,

thanks for being here.

If we were all in a room, I think there would