Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[0e...]

I can't help you with that, vasilisa, and my guess is that some things are lost in translation! It might sound better in Italian too!

However, if it's in French, I can probably weigh in. Here's on of my favourites from "Le Petit Prince" ("The Little Prince"), a classic piece of French literature:

petitprince.jpg?w=495

Translation:

"One only sees well with the heart. The essential (thing) is invisible to the eyes."

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[0e...]

After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul.

And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security.

And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises.

And you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes ahead, with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child.

And you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans, and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight. .

After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much.

So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to leave you flowers.

And you learn that you really can endure;

You really are strong, you really do have worth.

And you learn, and you learn

With every goodbye you learn.

This poem is a gem

Thank you so much, dear Blue

Much love to you

:smitten:

[0e...]

I can't help you with that, vasilisa, and my guess is that some things are lost in translation! It might sound better in Italian too!

However, if it's in French, I can probably weigh in. Here's on of my favourites from "Le Petit Prince" ("The Little Prince"), a classic piece of French literature:

petitprince.jpg?w=495

Translation:

"One only sees well with the heart. The essential (thing) is invisible to the eyes."

Beautiful.

One of my favorite books...so full of wisdom.

Sending love to you, Lapis

Thanks for the loving words, Ins! You're an overflowing source of that, it seems.  :-*    :-*    :-*

Here's another of my favourites:

http://sayingbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/blaise-pascal-quote4.jpg

Thanks for the loving words, Ins! You're an overflowing source of that, it seems.  :-*    :-*    :-*

Here's another of my favourites:

http://sayingbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/blaise-pascal-quote4.jpg

Lapis, such a true quote thank you for sharing ! I hope everyone is doing good ~CD

One more from Blaise Pascal, and it's quite fitting for this particular thread:

http://www.quote-coyote.com/album/facebook-covers/facebook_covers_Blaise-Pascal.jpg

Thanks to everyone who drops in here to share some kind words.

[0e...]

"The Little Things"

The little things are most worthwhile--

A quiet word, a look, a smile,

A listening ear that's quick to share

Another's thoughts, another's care...

Though sometimes they may seem quite small,

These little things mean most of all.

Author: Margaret Lindsey

abcd, will try this as i have done some very intense meditation over the years and some were very visual actually brings you to another plane some very awsome and some not so pleasant, you can learn alot about what is going inside of yourself thru meditation so thanks for passing this on !~ CD

Exactly right, CD, and that's how so much of the healing takes place, meditation is a very powerful tool!  :thumbsup:

"The Little Things"

http://leahycreativetest.com/Greatstate/Juice/little%20hugs.jpg

Oh, wait, sorry wrong picture!  >:D  Here, trying again ...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_umBj11QODAo/TEXVAAgBf2I/AAAAAAAAAAU/9C0zYOUqzlA/s400/hugmeez-little-hug.jpg

Love you, Ins, hoping you're having an easier day today! 

Flutie, keeping my fingers crossed for your daughter!  Sorry it was so stressful for her and hoping she does land this job.  But you know what, the interview experience itself is just so valuable, she'll be so much better prepared the next time around, if need be.  Fingers crossed, eyes crossed, legs crossed!

[0e...]

"The Little Things"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_umBj11QODAo/TEXVAAgBf2I/AAAAAAAAAAU/9C0zYOUqzlA/s400/hugmeez-little-hug.jpg

Love you, Ins, hoping you're having an easier day today! 

Dear ABCD,

You are so very kind.   

Much love to you always, sweet friend.

Have a peaceful weekend.

il_340x270.495108463_qcla.jpg

"A hug is like a boomerang - you get it back right away"

:smitten::hug:

[0e...]

One more from Blaise Pascal, and it's quite fitting for this particular thread:

http://www.quote-coyote.com/album/facebook-covers/facebook_covers_Blaise-Pascal.jpg

Thanks to everyone who drops in here to share some kind words.

http://indulgy.ccio.co/Bu/ZY/T1/244953667201931668TqpqXLSBc.jpg

We rise by lifting others.

- Robert Ingersoll

Unexpected kindness is the most powerful,

least costly, and most underrated

agent of human change.

-Bob Kerrey

This is a wonderful day.

I've never seen this one before.

- Maya Angelou

The words of kindness are more

healing to a drooping heart than

balm or honey.

- Sarah Fielding

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.

"I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone." 

"The Wise Woman's Stone"

Author Unknown

[0e...]

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.

"I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone." 

"The Wise Woman's Stone"

Author Unknown

What a beautiful story.

So beautiful, Blue.

Thank you so very much.

Love,

Ins

:hug:

ABCD,

You're talking right to me; consider me your sister in procrastination

such a curse!

I made progress this week though clearing

my table of documents &

swooping them off to the tax man

amazed that is behind me for another year

now to get to the other pressing issues...

hate deadlines

hate appointments - makes me feel pressured

take care of yourself

you are loved

Ins

Oh, me too, Ins, me too!  :tickedoff:  I hate appointments and hate routine and hate schedules.  I work so much better in unstructured environments.  And I'm *always* late on arrival, no matter how hard I try, ugh, just more pressure, I drive those "weird" always punctual people crazy!  ::)  And I go slightly crazy if I'm the one having to wait for them, who's got patience for that?!  :laugh:  It's a whole vicious cycle of craziness sometimes. 

Deadlines, though, I must admit they're good for me, it is amazing to find how much I can get done in a minute if I wait for that last minute!  :D:idiot:  Really glad to hear you got so much done, you must be feeling so much better about it.  Big hugs to you, my sweet friend, and I really hope you're not procrastinating on taking very good care of yourself!!!  :hug:

Whoa! Its like those exact words could have come out of my mouth Ins and ABCD.  :o That's me to a T.  :D I must say that in the last ten years or so, I have learned to discipline myself, but its still in me. I gotta keep myself in check.  :)

Snowy :)

Fluter,

Oh, it's so difficult seeing our children anxious/uncertain.

I know she is an awesome young woman, and you are a wonderful mother and role model.

I said a prayer for her and I do hope the interview went well.

Sending lots of hugs and love to you.

INS,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS, AND YOUR PRAYER.

I DO BELIEVE THE INTERVIEW WENT BETTER THAN SHE THINKS IT DID. POOR BABY WAS SO STRESSED WHEN SHE CAME HOME...SHE HAD MAJOR STRESS LET DOWN.  SHE ACTUALLY CRIED. WE TALKED AND SHE TOLD ME SOME OF THE ANSWERS SHE GAVE TO THE QUESTIONS, AND I THINK SHE DID MUCH BETTER THAN SHE THINKS. TIME WILL TELL. HOW EVER THIS TURNS OUT...IT WAS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE & I TOLD HER THIS. I'M PROUD OF HER REGARDLESS OF THE OUTCOME.

LOVE YOU MY FRIEND,

FLUTER  :smitten:

Wise words to your daughter, Fluter.

Wishing you and your family a peaceful weekend.

Love, Ins

Hi Ins. :) Wise words, for sure.  :thumbsup:

Hi Fluter  :) I just read this. You must be so proud of your daughter.  :) I know those feelings. Like you...I always tell my kids, I'm proud of them, no matter what the outcome and to just keep on trying and good things will happen.  :)

I did say a little prayer for your daughter to have a good outcome in whatever path she takes.  :smitten:

Love, Snowy

FB,There is no Love in this world like that Lov a Parent holds in thier Heart for a Child ~ CD

Do Not Lead Me For I May Not Follow ~ Do Not Follow Me For I May Not Lead You ~ Just Walk Beside Me And Be My Friend ! ! ! !

FB,There is no Love in this world like that that a Parent holds in thier Heart for a Child ~ CD

NO TRUE WORDS HAVE EVER BEEN SPOKEN!

I'M SURE THOSE OF US WITH KIDS...CAN TOTALLY REALTE TO THIS :)

FB :smitten:

Hi Fluter  :) I just read this. You must be so proud of your daughter.  :) I know those feelings. Like you...I always tell my kids, I'm proud of them, no matter what the outcome and to just keep on trying and good things will happen.  :)

I did say a little prayer for your daughter to have a good outcome in whatever path she takes.  :smitten:

Love, Snowy

HI SNOWY,

THANK YOU FOR THINKING OF MY DAUGHTER, AND FOR THE PRAYER.

I'M HOPING SHE WILL FIND OUT SOMETHING BY TUESDAY.

EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT THE WAY IT IS MEANT TO :)

HUGGING YOU SNOW,

FLUTER :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bi...]
    • [jo...]
    • [de...]
    • [je...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [fl...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]