Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[b8...]

http://www.betzgallery.com/images/0146740%20Autumn.bmp

Emily:  Does anyone ever

realize life while they live it...every, every minute?

NO, I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT MOST OF US DO.

OFTEN, IT TAKES SOMETHING HUGE AND UNFORSEEN TO SHAKE US UP AND FORCE US TO REALIZE "WE" BEST STAND UP AND PAY ATTENTION, AND THAN WE REALIZE JUST HOW IMPORTANT LIFE REALLY IS...FROM MINUTE TO MINUTE.

I wanted you to see what real

courage is, instead of getting the idea

that courage is a man

with a gun in his hand.

It's when you know you're licked

before you begin, but you

begin anyway and see it through

no matter what.

- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

I LOVE THIS MOVIE, AND EVERYTHING IT STANDS FOR.

THERE SHOULD BE MORE MEN LIKE ATTICUS FINCH...

HIS HONOR, COURAGE, BRAVERY, STANDING UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT AND FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE TO BE TRUE!

FB :smitten:

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[b8...]

Fluter,

"To Kill A Mockingbird"  -- great book & movie,

and Atticus Finch is a hero.

Thank you, for the love.

Sending it right back to you.

Hugs, Ins

:smitten:

[b8...]

Proverbs to Ponder...

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

Actions speak louder than words

Bad news travels fast

Don't close the barn door after the horse runs away

The course of true love never did run smooth

Experience is the best teacher

No man is an island

Take the bitter with the sweet

Well begun is half done

Make haste slowly

You can't go home again

Good fences make good neighbors

Ignorance is bliss

Knowledge is power

A little learning is a dangerous thing

The wish is father of the deed

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts

From the sublime to the ridiculous is but a step

Thanks, Ins,  for the "Food For Thought", which I believe is another proverb!

I think one of my faves from the list is "Knowledge is power", since I really believe it to be true. I don't think the "power" part of it necessarily means lording over others, but rather, a power to understand things and make better decisions. I think it's a key part of my healing and getting through this ordeal. Out-of-control emotions can sometimes stem from bad or illogical thinking, so yup, knowledge is a good thing, in my books. It also dovetails nicely with Cognitive Behaviour (or, for the Americans, "Behavior"!) Therapy, a type of therapy that depends on one's ability to think more rationally.

I'd love to hear others' thoughts on their favourite (or, for the Americans, "favorite"!) proverbs from Insomniac's fun list.

Best wishes to all! Stay warm if you're in the deep freeze (like me) or stay cool if you're somewhere where it's hot and sweaty!

MORNIN LAPPIE,

HOW ARE YOU THIS SUNDAY MORN?  I HOPE BETTER!  I KNOW INS, AND THE OTHERS WILL BE ALONG SHORTLY.

I LIKE THE WAY YOUR EXPRESSED HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER". I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE...REALLY LIKED YOU DESCRIPTION  TIS TURE...IF WE EDUCATE OURSELVES WE WILL SURELY BE BETTER ABLE TO MAKE A SOUND DECESION.

AS FOR ME "ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS"!  BOY IS THIS ONE BIG ON MY LIST.  YOU CAN GIVE VOICE TO WHAT YOUR "GOOD INTENTIONS" ARE; HOWEVER...TALK IS CHEAP, AND PEOPLE OFTEN LEARN WHAT TO SAY TO PACIFY THE OTHER...UNTIL YOU ACT ON THOSE WORDS...YOUR WORDS TO ME "ARE MEANINGLESS".  I'VE BEEN GIVEN FAR TO MANY WORDS...I WANT ACTION.

AND, WHAT IS THE OLD SAYING "TALK IS CHEAP IF THE STORY IS GOOD"?  IS THAT HOW IS GOES?  NOT QUITE SURE...PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SET IT STRAIGHT.

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A LOVELY DAY...WHERE EVER YOU ARE :)

LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP...FLUTER  :smitten:

P.S. OKAY A...WHERE YA BE GIRRRRRL.  TIME TO GET YER SELF OUT HERE.  CAUSE I SURE AM A MISSIN YA ;)

G'Mornin' dear FluterBaby!

I'm hanging in, thanks for asking. I'm trying to recuperate from a whopper of a dizzy day yesterday. Let's just say -- without getting into any ugly details -- that it was NOT fun. I'm hoping my hind leg can have a bit of healing today, since the boat has settled down to a more gentle rocking.

Excellent points on the proverb! I agree with your take on "Actions speak louder than words". An associated proverb is "The road to hell is paved with good intentions," and it fits with what you've written.

I, too, would love to hear from anyone else on the proverbs. It's so interesting! All of these proverbs have hung around for years, and it must be because they hold some truth.

G'Mornin' dear FluterBaby!

I'm hanging in, thanks for asking. I'm trying to recuperate from a whopper of a dizzy day yesterday. Let's just say -- without getting into any ugly details -- that it was NOT fun. I'm hoping my hind leg can have a bit of healing today, since the boat has settled down to a more gentle rocking.

Excellent points on the proverb! I agree with your take on "Actions speak louder than words". An associated proverb is "The road to hell is paved with good intentions," and it fits with what you've written.

I, too, would love to hear from anyone else on the proverbs. It's so interesting! All of these proverbs have hung around for years, and it must be because they hold some truth.

[/HEY YA LAPS,

MAN, I'M SURE SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DANG DIZZINESS. IT'S NO FUN...NO FUN AT ALL.  WE SURE NEED TO GET YOU BACK ON SOLID GROUND!  AND PRONTO!

YOU KNOW LAPS, THESE PROVERBS REALLY DO HAVE TRUTH IN THEM...EACH ON HOLDS IT'S OWN MEANING, AND YOUR RIGHT THEY HAVE TO BE TRUE; OTHERWISE, HOW COULD THEY HAVE STUCK AROUND SO LONG.

INS'S DONE IT AGAIN...SHES' GOT US THINKIN :)  GOOD FOR HER.

LAPS, HANG ON SWEETS!  I'M STRAININ MY EYES TO SEE AS FAR AS I CAN SEE, AND LOW AND BEHOLD IT DOES APPEAR THAT THERE ARE CALMER WATERS AHEAD. I'M THINKING ABOUT YOU AND HOLDING YOUR HAND...IF YOU DECIDE TO TAKE OFF ON ANOTHER DIZZY EXTRAVAGANZA...I'M GOIN WITH YA.  FEEL BETTER LAPS...FEEL BETTER :)

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND....ME  :smitten:

font]

FluterBaby,

That's awesome! Thank you so much. Lovely, beautiful sentiments in there. So, so nice.  :smitten:  :-*  :smitten:  :-*

So many of our symptoms amount to "cruel and unusual punishment" in my books, and this disequilibrium/dizziness is certainly that. Thanks for sending out a "life preserver" in the form of such heartfelt words. I'm a takin' that outstretched hand you've offered me and holding on tight! It seems your long-distance vision is much better than mine at this point, so if you can see "calmer waters", I'm going to cross my fingers and hope you're right. CAN'T WAIT!!

Hugs to you and all here, and hopes for comfortable, easy times,

Lapis/Lappie Pooh/Laps/Lapsi

http://funnyand.com/wp-content/plugins/kama-thumbnail/thumb/3fa02cf04_730x.png

winter_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMy02ODI4NzMwNTk5YTFhZTJi.png

1d5de16e1de008287adaaf6433f29fe8.jpg

[b8...]

Dearest ABCD,

Good to see your posts, just sorry you are enduring brutal weather.

Please stay safe and know you are loved.

Many hugs for you,

Ins

:hug::smitten:

[b8...]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAeRVsNSahGcP9uU5FBdkbF5ujx2AgtC7lwoKIVrr2R5qRaAeXTQ

I don't know a soul who's not been battered

I don't have a friend who feels at ease

I don't know a dream that's not been shattered

or driven to its knees

But it's all right, it's all right

We've lived so well so long

Still, when I think of the road

we're traveling on

I wonder what went wrong

I can't help it, I wonder what went wrong

- Paul Simon

[b8...]

http://www.art-her.com/WEB-hpvii-2006/Taiwan-Page/CHANG%20%20PEI%20JUNG/2CHANG-PEI-YUNG--DIstortion.jpg

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances,

but only by lack of meaning and purpose.

- Viktor Frankl

winter_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMy02ODI4NzMwNTk5YTFhZTJi.png

1d5de16e1de008287adaaf6433f29fe8.jpg

ALRIGHT...THIS IS FOR MY FRIENDIES WHO ARE BEING DEALT A UNWANTED COLD WEATHER HAND.  ENOUGH ALREADY.

I'M LIVIN HERE IN S. TEXAS...AND THE LOW FOR THE WEEK "I THINK" WILL BE IN THE UPPER 40'S. SO, YA'LL PACK YER BAGS...WILL PITCH SOME TENTS AND YOU CAN COME STAY WITH ME.  WE WILL REFFER TO YOU AS "WINTER TEXANS".  THAT'S WHAT WE CALL THOSE FROM UP NORTH WHO ARE SICK OF THE COLD WEATHER AND DECIDE TO COME DOWN HERE.

WEVE GO THE BEACH, AND THE SEAWALL.  SO, WE CAN GO FOR WALKS, WE CAN SHARE SOME GOOD MEALS, WE CAN WATCH SOME COMEDIES, AND HAVE A BUNCH OF GOOD LAUGHS, AND OF COURSE THERE WILL BE CONVERSATION, AND ALWAYS MUSIC.  HECK...I'LL TAKE YA COUNTRY WESTERN DANCING.

SOUNDS LIKE FUN TO ME :)

A, LAPPIE, INS AND EVERYONE ELSE GETTING HIT HARD BY WINTER WEATHER...I'M SENDING YOU WARMTH AND SUNSHINE...ALL THE WAY FROM S. TEXAS.

LOVE YOUR FLUTER FRIENDIE  :smitten:

http://www.art-her.com/WEB-hpvii-2006/Taiwan-Page/CHANG%20%20PEI%20JUNG/2CHANG-PEI-YUNG--DIstortion.jpg

- Viktor Frankl

INS,

"MEANING AND PURPOSE"

TWO WORDS THAT HAVE BEEN BROUGHT TO LIGHT FOR ME OVER THIS LAST WEEK.

I'M SEEING SUCH CHANGE IN MY MOM...WITH HER DEMENTIA. SHE HAS HAD A MAJOR SHIFT. 

IT IS MY THOUGHT THAT WE TAKE FORGRANTED "MEANING AND PURPOSE", AND WHEN IT IS TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU DUE TO LIFE CHANGING CIRCUMSTANCE...THROUGH "NO" FALULT OF YOUR OWN...WHAT AN IMPACT IT MAKES.

WE ALL NEED "MEANING AND PURPOSE" IN OUR LIVES. I FEEL IT'S WHAT KEEPS US GOING.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS QUOTE!

FLUTER :smitten:

[b8...]

- Viktor Frankl

INS,

"MEANING AND PURPOSE"

I'M SEEING SUCH CHANGE IN MY MOM...WITH HER DEMENTIA. SHE HAS HAD A MAJOR SHIFT. 

IT IS MY THOUGHT THAT WE TAKE FORGRANTED "MEANING AND PURPOSE", AND WHEN IT IS TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU DUE TO LIFE CHANGING CIRCUMSTANCE...THROUGH "NO" FALULT OF YOUR OWN...WHAT AN IMPACT IT MAKES.

WE ALL NEED "MEANING AND PURPOSE" IN OUR LIVES. I FEEL IT'S WHAT KEEPS US GOING.

Fluter,

I am so sorry for what your mom is going through.

This has to be so difficult; my heart breaks for your

mother and for you.

Please try to find some quiet time for yourself each day--

to take a walk, listen to music, or to read.

Right now, I'm reading "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl. 

Sending love to you with prayers for you and your mom.

Love, Ins

INS, as always thanks for the quotes they give me boost everyday and Lord knows we all need  one! And we are battling a real bad cold snap -15 wind chill -35!

[b8...]

Right now, the weather is treacherous in many parts

of the US.  Hope you are staying safe

during this, CD.

For everyone exposed to this bitter cold,

I pray for your safety. 

:angel:

Right now, the weather is treacherous in many parts

of the US.  Hope you are staying safe

during this, CD.

For everyone exposed to this bitter cold,

I pray for your safety. 

:angel:

INS, Prayers are always wellcome thank you and mine go out to all of you also !May God Bless those in need ! ~ CD

[b8...]

http://artclutch.com/sites/default/files/styles/artworkdisplay/public/artwork/dsc05624.jpg?itok=clIaqHCe

I have my books

And my poetry to protect me;

I am shielded in my armor,

Hiding in my room, safe within my womb,

I touch no one and no one touches me.

I am a rock,

I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain.

And an island never cries.

- Paul Simon

I'll keep on moving

Things are bound to be improving these days

These days -

These days I sit on corner stones

And count the time in quarter tones to ten, my friend

Don't confront me with my failures

I had not forgotten them

- Jackson Browne

People hurry by so quickly

Don't they hear the melodies

In the chiming and the clicking

And the laughing harmonies

Songs to aging children come

Aging children, I am one

- Joni Mitchell

- Viktor Frankl

INS,

"MEANING AND PURPOSE"

Fluter,

I am so sorry for what your mom is going through.

This has to be so difficult; my heart breaks for your

mother and for you.

Please try to find some quiet time for yourself each day--

to take a walk, listen to music, or to read.

Right now, I'm reading "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl. 

Sending love to you with prayers for you and your mom.

Love, Ins

THANK YOU SWEETS :)

IT CAN BE A CHALLENGE!

ONE DAY AT A TIME....THAT IS ALL WE CAN DO...ANY OF US.

HUGS,

FB

http://artclutch.com/sites/default/files/styles/artworkdisplay/public/artwork/dsc05624.jpg?itok=clIaqHCe

I have my books

And my poetry to protect me;

I am shielded in my armor,

Hiding in my room, safe within my womb,

I touch no one and no one touches me.

I am a rock,

I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain.

And an island never cries.

- Paul Simon

THESE ARE SOME POWERFUL WORDS...INS,

ARMOR....WE MUST PROTECT OURSELVES AS DECEPTIVE INDIVIDUALS LURK ALL AROUND US.

THEY WILL SEEK YOU OUT...LURE YOU IN...UNDER THE PRETENCE THAT YOU OFFER THEM SOMETHING THAT THEY PROFESS TO NEED. THEY SAY THEY WANT YOUR "FRIENDSHIP & UNDERSTANDING" AND THEY TELL YOU HOW CARING AND NICE THEY THINK YOU ARE, AND THAN "POOF" LIKE THAT...ONE DAY THEY SUDDENLY TURN THEIR BACK AS IF YOU "NEVER" EXISTED.

WHAT WAS THEIR MOTIVE....WAS IT THEIR GAME?  ONE WILL "NEVER KNOW"; HOWEVER, NOW "THE ROCK"...IS EVEN HARDER AND FULL OF DISTRUST, AND OFTEN IT BECOMES EASIER TO BE AN ISLAND; THEIRFORE, YOU CAN ONLY WELCOME THOSE WHOSE INTENTIONS ARE TRUE / REAL / PURE AND MEANINGFUL!

VALUEABLE LESSON IN THESE WORDS....

ONE CHOOSES TO PROTECT THEMSELVES THROUGHT BOOKS, POETRY, MUSIC, THEIR ROOM, THEIR ARMOR, BECOMING A ROCK OR A SOLITARY ISLAND!

WHAT IS IT THAT BETTE MIDLER SAID "FROM A DISTANCE" YOU LOOK LIKE MY FRIEND...BUT, ARE YOU REALLY?

LOOK AT EVERYONE THROUGH JADED EYES, AND ONLY ALLOW THEM IN...WHEN THEY CAN AND HAVE TRULY PROVEN WHO THEY REALLY ARE.  THAN MAYBE, YOU JUST MIGHT LET THEM EXPERIENCE THE WONDERMENT OF THE "ROCK AND THE ISLAND"!

LOVE TO YOU...MY SISTER FRIEND...FB  :smitten:

People hurry by so quickly

Don't they hear the melodies

In the chiming and the clicking

And the laughing harmonies

Songs to aging children come

Aging children, I am one

- Joni Mitchell

INS...AS FOR JONI MITCHELL...WELL, I'M STILL WAITING FOR THAT RIVER TO SKATE AWAY ON :)

"RIVER"

GOD, I LOVE THIS SONG!  THE LYRICS REACH IN AND TOUCH ME...DEEP DOWN...DEEP DOWN!  IT MAY NOT BE GREEN HERE, BUT I SURE WISH I HAD THAT RIVER TO "SKATE AWAY ON"! I WOULD GO IN A HEART BEAT, AND NOT LOOK BACK!

I USED TO LOVE "SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE" WITH IT'S ORIGINAL CAST...BACK IN THE LATE 70's & 80's.

I WATCHED THE 40 YR TRIBUTE LAST NIGHT, AND I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS WITH MY FRIENDIES HERE...I LOVE JIMMY FALLON AND JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE TOGETHER...THEY MAKE ME LAUGH.

SO, WHAT SAY....WE START THIS MRONING OUT ON A GOOD NOTE...LAUGHING...AND MAYBE IT WILL FOLLOW US THROUGH OUR DAY.

JIMMY FALLON & JUSTINE TIMBERLAKE (40 YRS OF SNL)

http://news.yahoo.com/snl-40th-fallon-jt-video-035837769.html

GOOD MONDAY MORNING ALL  :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [...]
    • [He...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Su...]
    • [be...]
    • [gr...]
    • [ge...]
    • [te...]