Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[81...]

FB, I do understand where your coming from i could have wrote that myself! Could answer in alot of ways the  questions and feelngs you shared but would not even know where to begin. I wish i had a quote or even a poem to add but today i will just read the inspiration of others and try and realize hat there are good people here sharing thoughts ,poems &quotes because you all are caring people. And am gratefull for the friendship, but for today i will just read and hope for a window to maybe make another person smile as hearing i have made another laugh or smile makes my soul feel alive!Peace & Friendship ~CD

HI CD,

BUDDIE, IT'S NOT ABOUT POSTING QUOTED, POEMS, OR EVEN IMAGES. IT'S ABOUT YOU COMING HERE, AND HOPEFULLY SOME IMAGE, QUOTE, OR POEM, EVEN A SONG...REACHED IN AND GRABBED YOUR HEART, AND HELPED YOU FEEL BETTER ON SOME LEVEL...EVEN IF JUST FOR A BIT :)

I'M VERY HAPPY TO SEE YOU HERE...WHAT YOU WROTE MADE ME SMILE.

CONTINUED HEALING MY FRIEND...AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS WISHING EVERYONE A HUGE OPEN WINDWO...THAT WILL JUST LAST & LAST :thumbsup:

FLUTER HUGS :smitten:

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

And Fluter Hugs are some of the best kind of hugs around! At least, that's what I'm guessing. One day, it would be cool to have a real one, but for now, the virtual kind is pretty nice too.

I'm echoing FluterByee's thought on that last post. Everyone's welcome. Sometimes you just feel like reading or looking at the nice images or reflecting. Other times, you might find some wise piece of writing or a crazy cartoon that you feel like sharing. It's all fair game here!

I always think about that virtual BB street party we might have somewhere, someday, with everyone dropping in to say hello when they feel up to it. In the meantime, we've got this thread going.  :-*    :smitten:    :)

[81...]

143d34067e246e38e632a44d045c8483.jpg

BEAUTIFUL...MY SWEET FRIEND,

WE ARE ALL CHANGING...AREN'T WE....

NOT ONE DAY HAS GONE BY THAT I DO NOT THINK OF YOU, AND PRAY THAT GOD IS GIVING YOU THE STRENGTH TO CARRY YOU THROUGH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE BEEN DEALT!

YOU REMAIN IN MY HEART!  I LOVE YOU MY SISTER FRIEND! HANG IN THERE, AND PLEASE REMEMBER...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU...WHENEVER "YOUR" READY!

YOUR FULTER FRIEND :smitten:

BIG Hugs, Dear Fluter

I love you and thank you.

Ins

:hug:

[81...]

This is wonderful.

Thank you, Lapis.

Love,

Ins

taras_loboda_with_roses_by_phaedris-d5i7lko.jpg

Taras Loboda

Amazing rendition of this Elton John song.

Sending love to All

:smitten:

insom great song thanks for sharing it`s been a while since i have taken time to listen to that song !Again Thanks ~CD

[81...]

Amazing rendition of this Elton John song.

Sending love to All

insom great song thanks for sharing it`s been a while since i have taken time to listen to that song !Again Thanks ~CD

Good Morning, CD

So good to hear from you.

I hadn't listened to that song in quite awhile either and came across that version by Bettye LaVette.

Can't get through a day without music...

Hope you have an easy day, CD.

Love,

Ins

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv2-OmUXUlOJapp2nTdjcEzD9Mu9BYT43r9FW6iEliHWETOc0lxQ

http://quotes.lol-rofl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/love-music-quotes-sayings.jpg

http://www.imagesbuddy.com/images/120/2013/12/my-way-of-dealing-with-my-hurt-and-pain-is-to-listen-to-music.jpg

http://www.shinzoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/music-quotes-007.jpg

[81...]

Wow!  Amazing.  Here, have you seen this one, it shows him live? 

:thumbsup:

Stunning Talent!!!!!!!  Thank you, for posting that, ABCD. :hug:

[81...]

width=500 height=499

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hlxgZScVjLI/UABuyav6GeI/AAAAAAAAFfA/rUghZviHCMw/s640/alone+love+lonely+sad+emotional+missing+u+miss+girls+boys+wallpapers+(12).jpg[/img]

There is a fine balance between honoring the past

and losing yourself in it.  For example, you can acknowledge and learn from

mistakes you made, and then move on and refocus on the now.

It is called forgiving yourself.

-Eckhart Tolle

Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself,

and know that everything in life has purpose.

There are no mistakes, no coincidences;

all events are blessings given to us

to learn from.

-Elisbaeth Kubler-Ross

[81...]

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-nXkp7E7glRQ/UQUU-TgCYrI/AAAAAAAAxfc/hCfBVqXNvWI/w497-h373/Wonderland%20Quote.jpg

Some days I feel I have lost my muchness...

Anyone else?

Some days I feel I have lost my muchness...

Anyone else?

Guilty!  >:(  I'm sorry you're feeling that way, Ins!  :therethere:

Dropping off a little gift.  Maybe this will help us ...

http://findingmymuchness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/in-jar-web600.jpg

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/BB%20posts/Ring%20the%20bells%20thata%20still%20can%20ring.%20%20Leonard%20Cohen_zps0y2jwxnx.png

Hello Ins. and all,

I came on BB today to leave the the above quote for you.  When I read the posts about losing our "muchness", I thought it spoke to that.  Yes, I do feel diminished some days, often actually, but I also feel more in someways than I ever have even been before.  Yes?  Maybe? 

Everyday, no matter what is happening to us, in us or around us, there is a “bell” we each can ring.

We may not have or be the “perfect offering” we once were but even with our new “cracked” and broken personhood – we still have something to give.  Each day we can now take in more light as we journey and have then more light to shine for another.

Today I know of yet another “imperfection” in my health.  A new small “crack” has been found.  I feel less me and yet... I am still me.  There is still a bell to ring and I will as best God enables me.

I miss you and hope you are doing well.  You are in my prayers and thoughts often.  I hope you find your bell to ring today!

Bless you today.

Love to All,

Lily

(So you won’t be overly concerned for me and especially so you will have some information for yourself, too ~

I have found out that the rash I developed during W/D is an allergy to Latex/Lycra and maybe Spandex.  If you are having rashes, especially around or under your undergarments, it could be this allergy.  Please read about it online to see how very important it is for you to avoid contact with it.  Be well, my friends.)

Thanks for all the thoughtful offerings, Everyone! Your words inspired me to listen to this song performed by The Byrds -- "Turn! Turn! Turn". The words come from Ecclesiastes, and offer such a beautiful reminder of the balance in life, of the yin and the yang, of the necessity of having the opposing forces that are all part of the experience of living.

It was written by one of my musical heroes, Pete Seeger. Here's a bit of the excerpt about this song from Wikipedia:

"The lyrics are taken almost verbatim from the Book of Ecclesiastes (late 3rd century BC), as found in the King James Version (1611) of the Bible[2] (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8), though the sequence of the words was rearranged for the song. Ecclesiastes is traditionally ascribed to King Solomon.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, a time to reap that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;

A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."

[81...]

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RJwTjsPoanU/T4UBJS5KWJI/AAAAAAAAAao/g3ddK0HbSXY/s1600/woman%2Blooking%2Bout%2Bover%2Bthe%2Bocean.jpg

Dearest Lily,

I am very touched by your message.

Feeling very diminished today, and your words speak right to my heart.

My words are  ` stuck in my throat ' and 'stuck in mind ' - feeling incapable

of expressing myself.

Please know, however, I am extremely grateful for your love.

So many of us here are hurting and in so much pain.

Love takes away some of the heaviness.   

Please take care of yourself.  You are a bright light, Lily.

I'm glad you have some answers regarding your health.  I'm just sorry

for whatever you've had to endure up to this point. 

Thank you, for your friendship.

Thank you, for your love. 

You are in my thoughts and prayers - always.

Love,

Ins

ABCD,

My lovely friend. 

Thank you, for the gift.

You are always encouraging and spreading love and hope.

Such a beautiful heart you have.

Please feel better!  Sending many hugs to you.

Love,

Ins

Lapis,

Thank you, my sweet friend for the music and lyrics.

"Turn, Turn, Turn"  is such a beautiful song.

Many times, I have read those words from Ecclesiastes.

Thank you, so much for your friendship and thoughtful sharing.

Love,

Ins

Sending Love and Many Hugs to All

Love,

Ins

[81...]

http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/553866-bigthumbnail.jpg

When was the last time you spent a quiet moment just doing nothing -

just sitting and looking at the sea, or watching the wind blowing the tree

limbs, or waves rippling on a pond, a flickering candle or children playing in