Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[13...]

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[13...]

abcd I absolutely loved the 2 dog videos! Thanks for posting!  :smitten:

I hope you are doing well, Ingrid.

Please take good care.

Hugs,

Ins :hug:

[13...]
I am so happy that you like it! Enjoy the evening, I will share more :) Sending good vibes

Wishing you a peaceful evening, Jazz-Girl

Thank you, so much.

Hugs,

Ins

:hug:

Here are a few quotes from a book I read years ago called "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives" by Dan Millman:

"It's better to make a mistake with the full force of your being than to timidly avoid mistakes with a trembling spirit. Responsibility means recognizing both pleasure and price, action and consequence, then making a choice.”

“Where are you? Here

What time is it? Now

What are you? This moment.”

“The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination.”

“Life has three rules: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

- Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste your time trying to figure it out.

- Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure

- Change: Know that nothing ever stays the same.”

“I had lost my mind and fallen into my heart.”

"you have to ‘lose your mind’ before you can come to your senses.”

"Sometimes sorrow, sometimes joy. But beneath it all remember the innate perfection of your life unfolding. That is the secret of unreasonable happiness.”

― Dan Millman, The Way of the Peaceful Warrior

CHALLIS,

THIS IS A "WONDERFUL QUOTE"!

IT FEELS REALLY GOOD WHEN YOU FIND SOMETHING THAT VALIDATES HOW WE MAY ALL FEEL FROM TIME TO TIME...PLUS, GIVES US PERMISSION TO ALLOW OURSELVES TO ACTUALLY BE OKAY WITH FEELING IT.

THANK YOU!

FLUTER :smitten:

[13...]

Here are a few quotes from a book I read years ago called "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives" by Dan Millman:

"It's better to make a mistake with the full force of your being than to timidly avoid mistakes with a trembling spirit. Responsibility means recognizing both pleasure and price, action and consequence, then making a choice.”

“Where are you? Here

What time is it? Now

What are you? This moment.”

“The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination.”

“Life has three rules: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

- Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste your time trying to figure it out.

- Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure

- Change: Know that nothing ever stays the same.”

“I had lost my mind and fallen into my heart.”

"you have to ‘lose your mind’ before you can come to your senses.”

Thank you, so much for sharing this, Lapis.

excellent points - all of them resonate.

I'd like to read this book and will add it to my

Amazon wish list.

Hope you have an easy day.

Hugs,

Ins

[13...]

"Sometimes sorrow, sometimes joy. But beneath it all remember the innate perfection of your life unfolding. That is the secret of unreasonable happiness.”

Yes!

:thumbsup:

CHALLIS,

THIS IS A "WONDERFUL QUOTE"!

IT FEELS REALLY GOOD WHEN YOU FIND SOMETHING THAT VALIDATES HOW WE MAY ALL FEEL FROM TIME TO TIME...PLUS, GIVES US PERMISSION TO ALLOW OURSELVES TO ACTUALLY BE OKAY WITH FEELING IT.

THANK YOU!

Well, that certainly made me all teary-eyed, Challis.  How true is that quote?  And how many of us need to heed its message? 

http://goodvibeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/goodtoself3.jpg

How true is that quote?  And how many of us need to heed its message? 

http://goodvibeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/goodtoself3.jpg

I FOUND THIS SONG :)  AND....THIS GROUP JUST COULDN'T SAY IT ANY BETTER :thumbsup:

JOURNEY

"BE GOOD TO YOURSLEF"  :highfive: (IF YOUR HAVING EAR SENSATIVITY...TURN IT DOWN) ;)

FLUTER HUGS  :hug:

width=422 height=655http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ARMatMWGbXU/T7ERZK-rHnI/AAAAAAAAAUA/ZL6dojHWgco/s1600/Screen+Shot+2012-05-14+at+9.05.39+PM.png[/img]

OMGOSH, THAT'S ME TRYING TO CLIMB BACK UP OVER THAT LEDGE....THANKS ABCD FOR WEIGHING ME DOWN EVEN FURTHER WITH THAT BOULDER, BUT GIRRRRL YA STILL LEFT MY ASK HANGIN ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE CLIFF. :laugh:

I SURE HOPE YOUR DAY GETS BETTER...LOVE YA SWEETS :smitten:

YOUR FLULER FRIEND :smitten:

[13...]

http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/2036-2040/_wp_generated/pp76b26810_02.jpg

:smitten:  :smitten:

How about a hug to go along with the smile?   

Love, Ins

:hug: :hug: :hug:

http://favim.com/orig/201102/26/Favim.com-2462.jpg 

:hug: :hug: :hug:

http://atfsnc.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/friends-hugging1.jpg

:smitten:

Yes!

I'm a bit on the fence about this one -- especially now -- but whether or not I agree, the truth is, life is unfolding. I'm not so sure it's unfolding as it should, though.  ???

[13...]

Yes!

I'm a bit on the fence about this one -- especially now -- but whether or not I agree, the truth is, life is unfolding. I'm not so sure it's unfolding as it should, though.  ???

For me, knowing that I am doing all that I can to help myself, and help those around me, there is an

acceptance ~ call it a surrender ( of sorts ); I accept this as the unfolding or the progression.

The sorrow mixed with the joy is the summation of me/my life.

**Edit to add:

And, I think this is as happy as I can expect to be.  I cannot change

the course of events that led me to where I am, nor change this moment in time.  I can, however, accept this

as mine - and be happy that I am alive to do the things I am able.   

I have learned to appreciate so many little things that I used to take for granted.

Just me, rambling at this point... 

I'm so glad to hear you've got the joy side of the equation happening alongside the sorrow, Ins. I'm missing that completely, so the balance isn't there. I'm hoping there will be more of that soon.

[13...]

I'm so glad to hear you've got the joy side of the equation happening alongside the sorrow, Ins. I'm missing that completely, so the balance isn't there. I'm hoping there will be more of that soon.

Lapis,

These are for you, my brave, brave friend.  Joy will find you. 

Love, Ins

http://www.imageshunt.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/These-flowers-for-my-friends.gif

LAPI-POOH & INS,

I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE BOTH COMING FROM.

I LAPS LIKE YOU AM VOID OF HAPPINESS (NOT TOTALLY) AS IT COMES IN WAVES. I SO WISH IT WOULD COME AND STAY FOR AWHILE; HOWEVER, IT HASN'T, AND I HAVE BEEN STUGGLING FOR A REALLY LONG TIME TO FIND...HAPPINESS.  YOU SHOULD THINK IT WOULD BE EASY...FOR ME, IT IS NOT.

I LOVE TO LAUGH, I LIKE TO HAVE FUN...HOWEVER, SOMETHING INSIDE OF ME IS MISSING.  SOMETHING THAT CAUSES ME TO STAY/FEEL TRAPED IN THE THINGS THAT ARE CONTRIBUTING TO MY UNHAPPINESS.  I OFTEN FEEL, LIKE IF I KEEP HOPING LONG ENOUGH THAT ONE DAY...I WILL WAKE UP AND (POOF) LIKE MAGIC...I WILL FEEL HAPPY. I KNOW IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. OTHER'S ALWAYS SAY HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE.....

MY QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO SAY IT IS A CHOICE...WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH IN YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE. WHAT IS IT THAT ALLOWS YOU TO CHOOSE HAPPINESS.

NOW INS, MY DEAR FRIEND HAS BEEN DEALT MANY HUGE LIFE BLOWS (AS I'M SURE WE ALL HAVE) SHE HAS BEEN SEARCHING AND READING AND TRYING TO FIND HER ANSWERS.  PART OF BEING HAPPY IS "ACCEPTANCE".  IT SOUNDS LIKE FROM WHAT INS HAS SAID THAT SHE HAS REACHED A POINT IN HER LIFE...WHERE "ACCEPTANCE" HAS SHOWN ITSELF TO HER.  I AM NOT THERE.  I WISH I WAS...I WISH I COULD SAY THAT I "ACCEPT" HOW THINGS ARE IN MY LIFE; HOWEVER, I CAN NOT.

SO, I AM GLAD ON THE DAYS WHEN HAPPINESS FINDS ME, AND I WILL TELL YOU THIS!  ON THOSE DAYS WHEN IT DOES...I AM ABLE TO MAKE NOTE OF MY FEELINGS. WHEN I CATCH MYSELF SMILING...I TAKE NOTE. USED TO I WOULD QUESTION "FLUTER, WHY DO YOU SMILE"?  WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SMILE ABOUT?  WELL, OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING...OR THE SMILE WOULD NOT HAVE FOUND IT'S WAY TO MAY FACE.  IT IS A GOOD FEELING...I RECOGNIZE THIS.

ON THIS JOURNEY...WE WILL ALL GET TO THE PLACE OF "HAPPINESS AND ACCEPTANCE"! I  WON'T LET MYSELF BELIEVE ANYTHING DIFFERENT.  WILL WE ALL DO IT AT THE SAME TIME...."NO".  THIS IS WHY US ALL BEING IN EACH OTHER'S LIVES IS SO IMPORTANT. WE ALL SERVE A PURPOSE.  WHEN SOMEONE GETS THERE BEFORE US, AND THOSE THAT ARE BEHIND AND FEEL THEY WILL NEVER REACH SAID GOAL....WE EXTEND OUR HANDS AND OUR THOUGHTS, AND OUR EXPERIENCES, AND OUR ABILITIES TO HELP EACH OTHER ALONG THIS JOURNEYS PATH.  AND SURE ENOUGH...ONE BY ONE....WE WILL ALL REACH THE OTHER SIDE.  AND THAN AND ONLY THAN CAN WE TURN AND LOOK BACK AND REALIZE JUST HOW VERY FAR WE HAVE COME. MY GOSH...WHAT A JOYOUS DAY THIS WILL BE!

I HOPE WHAT I HAVE JUST WRITTEN MAKES SENSE...BECAUSE IT WAS JUST FLOWING OUT OF ME, AND I COULD NOT STOP IT.  I HAVE NOT CHECKED IT TO SEE IF IT IS POLITICALLY OR GRAMATICALLY CORRECT...I'M POSTING AS IT IS.

PLEASE NOTE...WHATEVER I HAVE SAID...I IN "NO WAY" MEAN ANY DISRESPECT TO ANY ONE OR THEIR PERSONAL FEELINGS.  AS THEY ARE YOURS, AND THESE ARE MINE.

MUCH WARMTH, COMFORT, HEALING, FRIENDSHIP, AND LOVE,

Beautifully put, Ins and FluterByeeBaby! No need for grammatically or politically correct anything at this point. It's just good to hear your thoughts and ideas on some of the most basic existential questions I'm sure we're all grappling with right now.

One thing that I know: I'm capable of great joy, and I've felt it before. I'm guessing that you can all say the same. I guess it's one of the reasons why I'm sticking around at this point. I've got a few special people whose actions and words tell me that things can still be better and that perhaps one day, I can get back to those joyful feelings. I'm clinging to the idea that the body tends towards healing, given the right actions. I'm working on those things, and with the help of others, I'm trying to have faith in the power of the body to heal.

The Benzo Beast feels pretty mean, I must say, and that's why it's hard to believe that life is unfolding as it should. It's unfolding, but I don't think the Benzo Beast should have been part of it. But here we are. Thanks to everyone here for finding small joys -- be they cartoons, quotes, songs, pictures or other bits of artistic expression -- that aim to lift us up, make us laugh or encourage us to share our pain as we fight the Beast.

Onwards we go on our journeys, always hoping that tomorrow will be better, and that if tomorrow isn't better, perhaps the day after will be.

Best wishes to all,

Lapis/Lapi-Pooh/Lap/Yer pal

[13...]

Fluter and Lapis,

We are resilient. Oh, are we resilient!

We may weep through many of our days and nights, but we do move along our individual paths making progress.

I'm very grateful to have the support, understanding and respect that is offered here - it is invaluable.

Really, I think this is a grieving process we go through...

My belief is that each of us will again find joy.  I refuse to believe otherwise.

Love

Ins

Fluter and Lapis,

We are resilient. Oh, are we resilient!

We may weep through many of our days and nights, but we do move along our individual paths making progress.

I'm very grateful to have the support, understanding and respect that is offered here - it is invaluable.

Really, I think this is a grieving process we go through...

My belief is that each of us will again find joy.  I refuse to believe otherwise.

Love

Ins

INS MY SWEET FRIEND,

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT WE WILL NOT HEAL AND BE WHOLE AGAIN ONE DAY.  IT'S JUST NOT HAPPENING SOON ENOUGH FOR ANY OF US; HOWEVER, IT WILL HAPPEN.  I FEEL IT IN MY GUT!

LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP TO YOU AND EVERYONE HERE,

MANDISA

"WHAT SCARS ARE FOR"  (BENZO SCARS)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [jo...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Si...]
    • [...]
    • [On...]