Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[fd...]

[fd...]
, the sense of worthiness empowers us to be who we really are instead of trying to be what we're expected to be. This is such an invaluable gift to me...

Julz,

For me, letting go of the expectations of others, has been (and is) essential to happiness and to moving forward in a positive way.

Sending love to you and to all

Ins

:smitten:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OKSHkvht4YI/UQGKBGQ6SzI/AAAAAAAABec/cTDeZSCREWI/s1600/0.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

http://data3.whicdn.com/images/58820678/tumblr_mkklikm01V1s77zgmo1_500_large.png

Wishing everyone a weekend filled with kindness and inspiration.

Love, Ins

Beautiful Ins.  :) So true as well.

Have a wonderful weekend.  :smitten:

Snowy :)

Julz,

For me, letting go of the expectations of others, has been (and is) essential to happiness and to moving forward in a positive way.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OKSHkvht4YI/UQGKBGQ6SzI/AAAAAAAABec/cTDeZSCREWI/s1600/0.jpg

http://www.quotesvalley.com/images/49/its-not-who-you-are-that-holds-you-back-its-who-you-think-youre-not-5.jpg

[fd...]
This brought a smile to my face.  :)  It brings me joy to see good things happing in your lives, Fluter and all.  :) You are seeking answers and finding them, the keys to healing, peace and contentment, Finding what you love to do, stepping through that wall of uncertainty, perhaps fear and doing it anyway.  8) That's where true emotional muscle is built. So, I'm very proud of you Fluter and all on this thread for stepping out and making a conscious decision to be proactive in your healing and journey, while moving through the storm, rather than waiting for it to pass. You are all a true, positive inspiration for everyone who is blessed to stumble upon this wonderful thread. :thumbsup:

Love, Snowy :smitten:

Snowy,

Thank you, very much for your kind words.

It isn't always easy to push through our fears and steady our sails 'homeward bound'

Congratulations, to Fluter for putting herself out there  and dreaming her dream.

Way to go, Fluterbyee. :) 

For each person on this journey who doesn't give much thought to the 'little daily demands' and

acts of courage and sheer grit it takes to get through a day, pat yourself on the back for all that you do that

you don't acknowledge. 

Love and hugs to everyone.

Ins

[fd...]

Julz,

http://www.quotesvalley.com/images/49/its-not-who-you-are-that-holds-you-back-its-who-you-think-youre-not-5.jpg

Powerful, Julz

[fd...]

This is now a few pages back and would like for all to get a chance to see this.

Thank you, again, Lily:smitten:

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Lilys%20This%20and%20That/HomewardBound-eecummings_zps4aa19113.jpg

Homeward Bound

― Catrin Welz-Stein

“She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.”

― Elizabeth Edwards

Hello All,

For several days I have been thinking of this painting, this quote and this thread!  So here they are!  I hope you enjoy them and I especially hope you are all doing okay.  You are in my thoughts. 

Keep adjusting and keep sailing.

Love to all,

Lily

P. S. Ins - I think of you, too, whenever I see the little girl and her chocolate covered face!  Thank you again for the smiles, lots of them, from those photos. 

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Lilys%20This%20and%20That/HomewardBound-eecummings_zps4aa19113.jpg

Homeward Bound

― Catrin Welz-Stein

HI LILY,

MY GOSH...WHAT AN AMAZING / AWESOMELY / UNIQUE IMAGE!

I'M DRAWN TO IT...I KEEP WANTING TO STARE AT IT...

IT IS POWERFUL!

THANK YOU LILY,

HUGS,

FLUTER :smitten:

That really is so beautiful, Lily, both the painting and the quote!

Very true ... We keep adjusting and keep sailing.  :smitten:

Are you okay, my friend, Ins?  :phone: :phone: :phone:

Hoping everyone is having an easier day today! Here, from me to all my Saks friends!

http://i.imgur.com/mTRdI.gif

MORNING GLORIES :)

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR LIFTING ME UP AND PRASING ME FOR TRYING TO GET OUT THERE AND DO SOMETHING THAT I LOVE (DANCE).

I SO APPRECIATE EVERYONES KINDS WORDS...THEY MEAN SO MUCH.

I STARTED GETTING NERVOUS ON THURSDAY BECAUE I KNEW I WAS GOING TO GO OUT ON FRIDAY...I DID NOT LET IT STOP ME!!!  AND, SUPRISINGLY ENOUGH ONCE I GOT THERE I WAS NOT NEARLY AS NERVOUS AS I WAS THE WEEK BEFORE.

IN FACT, I ENDED UP HAVING A GOOD TIME. I AM SO THANKFUL, AND I CAN ACTUALLY SAY FOR THE FIRST TIME I A "VERY VERY VERY LONG TIME" I WOKE FEELING HALF WAY OKAY.  MAYBE THIS IS A BIT OF A WINDOW.

ALL I KNOW...IS THIS...I WANT TO LIVE AGAIN!  THERE WILL BE MANY MORE UPS AND DOWNS TO COME, AND I WILL GO UP AND GO DOWN WITH THEM, AND IF THERE'S ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE...THERE WILL ALWAYS BE MUSIC AND DANCE IN MY LIFE...IT DOES A BODY GOOD.

I LOVE EACH OF YOU, AND I'M SO GLAD YOUR HERE WITH ME :)

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND :smitten:

P.S.  WISHING EACH OF YOU A PEACEFUL DAY FULL OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY! I'M LISTENING TO MUSIC AS I TYPE THIS...AS IT MAKES ME HAPPY!

[fd...]

Are you okay, my friend, Ins?  :phone: :phone: :phone:

Hi, ABCD

Staying 'connected' with my trusty phone!  :phone:;D

I may need to call for help if I spend too much time on my elliptical today!

Onward to the walking trail ([glow=red,2,300]climbing trail[/glow], more like it).

Hugs, my friend.

Hope you are feeling better.

Ins :smitten:

That's awesome news, Fluter! Way to go! It's great to hear your good news.  ;D

LAPIS,

TELL ME FRIEND...HOW ARE YOU DOING? 

ARE YOUR SX'S ANY BETTER?

HUGS,

FLUTER :smitten:

[fd...]

Great news, Fluter

Hope you can keep on pushing through and making your dreams come true.

We make things happen by having dreams, acting on those dreams, and pushing toward goals.

Keep living your life and dreaming your dreams.

So glad you're having fun!!

Hugs, Ins :smitten:

I also wanted to add my voice to everyone else's regarding the beautiful PEACEFUL sailboat image that Julz posted. THANK YOU! I stared at it for ages! It came on a very floaty-boaty-dizzy day for me, when my little dinghy was being tossed around in a rollicking ocean. So, this peaceful, calm image allowed me a few moments to change the image in my head. I still wobbled around, gripping the handles of my hated walker, but I really tried to keep that image in my head.

[fd...]

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_DY6InFZlnCk/Sj_IN-rHl9I/AAAAAAAANCE/hotwv3kUMK4/s400/52_160%3D.jpg

Hope you enjoy Janiva's soulful voice and this

painting by Harding Meyer.   

His bold, beautiful paintings are magnificent.

Would love to see his work on display.

Love

Ins

[fd...]

I also wanted to add my voice to everyone else's regarding the beautiful PEACEFUL sailboat image that Julz posted. THANK YOU! I stared at it for ages! It came on a very floaty-boaty-dizzy day for me, when my little dinghy was being tossed around in a rollicking ocean. So, this peaceful, calm image allowed me a few moments to change the image in my head. I still wobbled around, gripping the handles of my hated walker, but I really tried to keep that image in my head.

Lapis,

I'm so very sorry you are having a trying day.

That "Homeward Bound" image is quite amazing, isn't it.

Sending hugs to you and so look forward to the day when you get

some relief from these symptoms.

Visualization is powerful, and I'm glad that image brings some comfort to you.

Where would we be without our music, art, humor and friends...

You're so right, Ins! I admit, though, that on the very dizzy days, I'm hard-pressed to achieve any decent visualization at all. The internal force can be so powerful that it doesn't allow me the peace to just sit comfortably in a chair and focus my attention on something else. I just have to hang on and get through it. Today, I'm trying to recuperate and will spend some time looking at Julz's lovely, calm offering.

I agree about the power of music, art, humour and friends. Essential!  :-*

[fd...]

You're so right, Ins! I admit, though, that on the very dizzy days, I'm hard-pressed to achieve any decent visualization at all. The internal force can be so powerful that it doesn't allow me the peace to just sit comfortably in a chair and focus my attention on something else. I just have to hang on and get through it. Today, I'm trying to recuperate and will spend some time looking at Julz's lovely, calm offering.

I agree about the power of music, art, humour and friends. Essential!  :-*

I'm so sorry, it's such a bad day, Lapis.

I think it does help to look at things that are calming -

I found the following and wanted to share it (I'm a big believer in quiet time - which I think is underrated), and

love images that represent serenity and peace.

http://gettingcomfy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/calm-540x330.jpg

Thanks, Ins, for the beautiful photo. Thanks, too, for the support. I hope your day is going well and I wish you a peaceful day.

Lapis

[fd...]

Thanks, Ins, for the beautiful photo. Thanks, too, for the support. I hope your day is going well and I wish you a peaceful day.

Lapis

Lapis,

I just found this beautiful song by a group out of The Netherlands.  I hope you like this.

Wishing 'calm' after the storm for each and every one of us (and as much calm as possible during our homeward bound journey).

Love, Ins :smitten:

Beautiful, Ins! Thanks! I always wonder what happens to people's accents when they're singing in English. Just disappear! Lovely song, though.  :)

Dear Lapis, Lily, Ins and all  :smitten:

I am very sorry to hear that your day is shaky Lapis and do wish you to feel relief very soon.

I believe the credit for the sailboat should go to Lily  ;)

I've had to deal with some anxiety this afternoon - not that I can complain too much though, I'll be OK  ;) - but I agree that calmness can be inspired from pieces of art like all those we share here, I am very grateful...

http://www.prevention.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/ssm_600w/static/SERENITY_00.jpg

http://www.dancingwithhappiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/WhyWeNeedInnerPeace1.jpg

Wishes of healing and inner peace to all  :smitten:

[fd...]

Dear Julz,

Thank you, so much for beautiful images!

I am so sorry you are having anxiety, and I hope that lessens for you this evening.

In keeping with all things calm, here is a video that is breathtakingly beautiful.

The images of nature are stunning, and the music is peaceful.

Hugs for you.

Hugs for everyone who needs one.

Love

Ins

Video: 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ch...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [La...]
    • [kn...]