Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[f6...]

It was such a long time ago, but I remember being surprised by his sense of humour. I think the quote you posted also shows that he sees the irony in things -- especially because he's looking at our lives from a more objective perspective. That perspective sheds a new light on things and just might be a way of re-framing a situation that we find impossible to understand or cope with.

I'd love to see him again, but the venue was so wrong. It was a big stadium because they wanted to get as many people in as they could. It was pouring rain -- really pelting -- and the crowds were huge, but everyone was so calm as they waited to get inside. That's the Dalai Lama effect in action!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Flute, way to go, Girl!  Proud of you!  Were you able to be in the moment and enjoy it?!

THANKS SO MUCH ABCD,

I WOULD LOVE TO SAY I WAS ABLE TO BE IN THE MOMENT. I DON'T WANT TO FIB!  IT TOOK ME 2 HRS BEFORE I WOULD EVEN TRY TO DANCE...AS I WAS TO FOCUSED ON HOW I WAS FEELING...SO, NO, I WAS NOT IN THE MOMENT, AND THAN MY COUSIN RUBBED MY TRAPS :) (SHE LOVES ME) AND SHE TOLD ME "GET YOUR BUTT OUT ON THE DANCE FLOOR WITH M" (HER HUSBAND) I DID AS I WAS TOLD :)

ONCE ON THE DANCE FLOOR MY LEGS WERE SO DANG SHAKY, MY HEART WAS THUMPIN, AND M TOLD ME RELAX (UMMMM, I SAID...I'M TRYING TO) WE MADE OUR WAY AROUND THE FLOOR A COUPLE OF TIMES, AND THAN HE SAID...OKAY, NOW WERE GONNA DANCE...LOL.  THE FIRST SONG WAS ROUGH, BUT AFTER SEVERAL MORE TIMES...I HAD RELAXED, AND I ACTUALLY ENJOYED SOMETHING THAT I HAD NOT DONE IN YEARS!

MAN, I LOVE MY FAMILY!  ABCD, MY DAUGHTER'S WERE THERE...AND YOU SHOULD SEE THEM DANCE!  THEY ARE AWESOME....AND BOY DO THEY HAVE MOVES...THEY'VE BEEN IN DANCE SINCE THEY WERE BOTH 4. I HAD NO IDEA THEY COULD WESTERN DANCE LIKE THEY DO.

THE GIRLS DIDN'T KNOW I GOT OUT ON THE DANCE FLOOR. MY COUSIN TOLD ME MY YOUNGEST LOOKE UP AND SAW ME AND GO ALL TEARY EYED AND SAID "LOOK MOMS DANCING"! DANG, JUST TYPING THIS IS CAUSING ME TO GET TEARY EYED.  THIS HAS BEEN HARD ON THEM, AND I DON'T THINK I REALIZE JUST HOW HARD, BUT SHE SAW ME DOING SOMETHING THAT YEARS AGO...I WOULDN'T HAVE GIVEN IT A SECOND THOUGHT.

IT WAS A GOOD NIGHT!

AND YES, ABCD...I DID SEE YOU THERE, AND GIRL...YOU'VE GOT MOVES ;)

THANK YOU FOR THE ATTA GIRL :)

LOVE AND HUGS,

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND  :smitten:

http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/c/cowgirl/graphics-cowgirl-856638.gif

Did you see me, I was also there!

http://cur.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2896/2896357q7fl3wria6.gif

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

This is fantastic, Julz! Thank you so much for sharing this quote

YES, THANK YOU FOR THE QUOTE, JULZ.  BY THE WAY....I LIKE THE SPELLING OF YOUR NAME...JULZ (UNIQUE) :)

I saw the Dalai Lama many years ago when he came to my city and thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it was a huge venue and I had to sit very far away.

THAT HAD TO BE AN EXCITING FEELING....WAS IT?  DID YOU FEEL ENLIGHTENED AFTER YOU SAW HIM?

And to Fluter: Way to go, Girl! Dancing is such a joy, and I can't wait until I can do it again too. Thanks for the inspiration.

THANK YOU LAPIS,

I USED TO LOVE TO DANCE. LAST NIGHT WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE BEEN IN YEARS AND YEARS. I MAY HAVE HAD TO FORCE MYSELF, BUT THE POINT IS...I DID IT :) AND YOU WILL TOO!  :)

MY GIRLS ARE MY INSPIRATION....I AM HAPPY IF I IN ANYWAY HAVE INSPIRED YOU :)

HUGS,

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND :smitten:

You certainly did! I've been trying to picture you (I still can't get an image, but abcd's cartoons have helped a bit) dancing in some cool Texan hotspot. I was in Louisiana years ago, and whoa, those folks could dance. Now that's Cajun, which is different from what you were doing, but it helps me get a picture of what you were doing. It's such a joy to dance when you feel good. I'm crossing my fingers that I, too, will do the things that brought me joy before. It looks like you're doing that -- however tentatively -- and I applaud you for that. No! I give you a sitting ovation! I'm sitting only because I've got that floaty-boaty-dizzy feeling going today, but, well, you know what I mean!

[f6...]

http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolio3/a/andreahamedani/Sunday_Best-1264384199.jpg

Thanks for all of the lovely sharing, everyone! 

Love all of the excitement.

Hugs for All~~~

Love,

Ins

:smitten:

http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolio3/a/andreahamedani/Sunday_Best-1264384199.jpg

INS,

I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU FIND ALL THESE BEAUTIFUL IMAGES...I LOVE THEM, AND SHE IS DRESSED IN MY FAVORITE COLOR :) AND HER LITTLE BLUE EYES LOOK AS IF THERE LOOKING RIGHT AT ME!

HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY?

I'M A BIT LIKE LAPIS...I'VE GOT THAT FLOATY / YUCKY FEELING IN MY HEAD, MY EARS ARE RINGING....LOUD, AND I'M JUST ABIDING MY TIME UNTIL 5...SO, I CAN TAKE MY NEXT DOSE.  UGGGG!

SUCH IS THE LIFE IN THIS BENZO WORLD OF TAPERING.

SUPER GLAD I HAVE ALL OF YOU TO COME TO AND HELP ME GET THRU MY DAYS.

BLESSINGS TO EACH ONE OF YOU :angel:

HUGS,

Fluter Friend, I'm a rockin' and a rollin' today....floaty-boating over the waves....trying to stay positive....listening to abcd's latest musical offering on the other thread...knowing that one day, this too shall pass. It's got to, right? Right.

Stay strong. Remember the night of dancing. I listened to the fun music you posted and rocked along in my chair. Chair dancing is such a blast! Okay, it's not really a blast, but it's better than sitting still when there's a good song playing. :-)

Hugs all around!

Lapis

You certainly did! I've been trying to picture you (I still can't get an image, but abcd's cartoons have helped a bit) dancing in some cool Texan hotspot.

ABCD, NAILED IT :thumbsup:

THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I LOOK, AND I CARRY MY LASO JUST IN CASE I NEED TO ROPE ME A COWBOY..LOL ;)

I was in Louisiana years ago, and whoa, those folks could dance.

I'M NOT SURE WHAT TYPE OF DANCING THOSE CAJUN'S DO, BUT MAN THEY CAN REALLY CUT A RUG!

I'm crossing my fingers that I, too, will do the things that brought me joy before. It looks like you're doing that -- however tentatively -- and I applaud you for that. No! I give you a sitting ovation! I'm sitting only because I've got that floaty-boaty-dizzy feeling going today, but, well, you know what I mean!

THERE CROSSED, AND YOU WILL GET THERE.  YESTERDAY I TOOK 2 STEPS FORWARD (NO PUN INTENDED) AND HOW MANY BACKWARDS?  NOW, TODAY...I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU SITTING IN MY CHAIR FEELING THAT STIFF BRITTLE NECK AND THAT AWFUL FLOATY-BOATY YUCKY FEELING IN MY HEAD.  IN FACT, MY HEAD IS BASICALLY WRAPPED IN MY HEATING PAD!

DON'T YOU WISH YOU COULD JUST SLEEP ALL THIS AWAY...I SURE DO, BUT SINCE I CAN'T...WE WILL CONTINUE COMING HERE AND REACHING OUT AND LIFTING EACH OTHER UP...EVEN BENDING DOWN AND PICKING ONE UP AND CARRYING THEM IF WE NEED TO.

SUPPORTING EVERY STEP OF THE WAY :)

I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER, AND YOU WILL DANCE AGAIN...ONE DAY :)

HUGS,

Fluter Friend, I'm a rockin' and a rollin' today....floaty-boating over the waves....trying to stay positive....listening to abcd's latest musical offering on the other thread...knowing that one day, this too shall pass. It's got to, right? Right.

Stay strong. Remember the night of dancing. I listened to the fun music you posted and rocked along in my chair. Chair dancing is such a blast! Okay, it's not really a blast, but it's better than sitting still when there's a good song playing. :-)

I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YA LAPIS,

ROCKIN AWAY OR JUST SITTING CAUSE I'M JUST NOT FEELING UP TO ROCKIN.

MY ROCKER HAS PROVED TO GET ME THRU MANY A DAY.  YOU DON'T FEEL UP TO DOIN A THING, BUT YA FEEL THE NEED TO MOVE...SO WE ROCK...DON'T WE :)  IN FACT, I HAVE ROCKED MYSELF TO SLEEP MANY A NIGHT:)  I LOVE MY ROCKER :thumbsup:

HANG IN THERE LAPIS  :smitten:

HUGGING YOUR FLOATY BOATY YUCKY HEAD SWIMMY FEELINGS AWAY,

OH MY GOODNESS! Between Fluter's awesome posts and abcd's beyond-wacko fun-filled cartoons, I'm a laughin' while I'm a floatin' and a boatin'!! What's a dizzy dame to do?! I guess it's Pity Party time! Woohoo! Boohoo! Yes, yes, yes, we're all in this together!

I love Fluter's images of picking each other up off the floor and carrying each other along, if necessary. Beautiful!

And abcd, I think I recognize the Boo-Hoo Tear Drink from the old Mad Magazine days. They had the wackiest stuff in there, and I think it provided early training for my crazy teenage brain so many years ago.

I've sent out the invitations!

http://theworstmother.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/invitation.png

CONSIDER THIS MY R.S.V.P.  I COULD GO FOR A GOOD TANTRUM AND FOOT STOMPING >:D

HOW BOUT THE REST OF YOU....INS, ABCD, LAPIS, DUCKIE, SNOWY, PD, BLUE, DAVE, STEVE...OH HECK EVERYONE WHO GRACES THIS THREAD WITH THERE PRECENCE. 

THIS OUGHT TO BE A HECK OF A PARTY  ;D  I'M BRINGING THE PARTY FAVORS AND THEY WILL CONSIST OF THESE....

:boxer::muscle::brickwall::oXo::pokey:

I'M SO EXCITED :clap:

LOVE YAWL,

FLUTER :smitten:

[f6...]

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/top-5-movies-that-scared-me-header.jpg

I cordially accept your invitation, ABCD.

It's a bit...ummm... rough right now...

For noisemakers, I'd like to bring the thingies that you blow and they roll out as you blow, and ideally, they should make a horn sound too, but ya know, I don't want to get too picky under the circumstances.

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/top-5-movies-that-scared-me-header.jpg

I cordially accept your invitation, ABCD.

It's a bit...ummm... rough right now...

I FLIPPIN LOVE THIS :thumbsup:

INS ARE YOU SUPER MODEST?  CAUSE IF YOUR NOT...I WOULD SURE LIKE TO GET IN THE SHOWER WITH YOU AND SCREAM MY LUNGS OUT TOO.

I'LL KEEP MY CLOTHS ON  ;D

THANK YOU....

FLUTER

P.S.  IS THAT DUCKIE I SEE IN YOUR TUB  :laugh:

For noisemakers, I'd like to bring the thingies that you blow and they roll out as you blow, and ideally, they should make a horn sound too, but ya know, I don't want to get too picky under the circumstances.

UMMMM LAPS,

IF YOU BRING THOSE DANG NOISEMAKERS THAT ACTUALLY MAKE THAT LOUD SHREKING NOISE...I'M SORRY, BUT I MAY HAVE TO  :boxer: YOU.  THAT WOULD BE LIKE NAILS ON A CHALK BOARD TO MY POOR EARS RIGHT NOW.

COULD WE JUST BLOW BUBBLES?  :thumbsup:

HUGS,

FLUTER :smitten:

Okay, okay, I'm standing down, Fluter! No noisemakers. Just the roll-out thingies and the bubbles too. I like bubbles! And we should have very silly hats, because silliness will very much help all of our respective ills. Doctor's orders! Ooops. Forget the doctor! No doctors. Just foll-out thingies, bubbles and hats.

[f6...]

grammar-police.png

Stinkin' grammar cops are  never around when you kneed they're silly selves ... 

Really!  This is an important party.  Like, show up ALREADY!!!!!! 

Is it asking two much?????????????????????

Oh, btw, lovin the music, ABCD.

Fluter, you're welcome to join me and all but it's a tad dangerous in PSYCHO land.   

Oh, poor Duckie, I hope she's alright.  if she's anywhere near that shower scene, she could be in danger.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Just to bring everything up a notch, here's some art that reflects the kind of day some of us are having, complete with a floating boat in the background for the dizzy dames in the group:

http://nyogalleristny.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/8850-munch-the-scream-e1336013995741.jpg

I think it captures the sentiments quite well, doesn't it?

Then there's this, which brings us back down a notch:

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-SS880_scream_DV_20120426110240.jpg

Stinkin' grammar cops are  never around when you kneed they're silly selves ... 

Really!  This is an important party.  Like, show up ALREADY!!!!!! 

Is it asking two much?????????????????????

Oh, btw, lovin the music, ABCD.

Fluter, you're welcome to join me and all but it's a tad dangerous in PSYCHO land.   

Oh, poor Duckie, I hope she's alright.  if she's anywhere near that shower scene, she could be in danger.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:laugh:    :2funny:    :clap:    :highfive:

Hahaha, Inns, ewe bee sew funny twoday!  You spoil sport, you spoil the pity party now, you such a party pooper!  :pokey:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_k3G4RMNSVTE/S8Nch5Wqi-I/AAAAAAAAAF8/kI8VQ4DX6WA/s1600/SpellRite.gif

Here, grab one of these ...

http://blog.officezilla.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/you-cant-spell-when-youre-hungry-snickers.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cXoTb--as30/UjkU7VIYXvI/AAAAAAAAIpY/QP1uCsi85J0/s400/SEMICOLON.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [fr...]
    • [de...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Os...]
    • [BW...]
    • [TH...]
    • [bi...]
    • [mo...]
    • [SB...]
    • [...]