Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Chocolates, cakes and celebrations

[lo...]

width=450 height=326http://thumb9.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/255031/255031,1331558997,2/stock-vector-party-time-invitation-background-vector-graffiti-urban-art-97387553.jpg[/img]

8th December -LM's weekend window

9th December - Kernowbeth's  breakthrough

10th December - Orionbash 4 months off    :)

13th December - OB's birthday

16th December - Hannukah

17th December - Mind 6 months off

25th December - Christmas Day + VCharis' birthday + LM is 8 months off

29th December - abcd is 5 months off

31st December - New Year's Eve (Hogmanay) - LF 21 months off

4th January - prettydaisy's birthday

9th January - Badsocref is one year off

16th January - LM's 40th birthday

10th February - Badsocref's 60th Birthday

21 year old Glenfiddich single malt whisky by request  :thumbsup:

Any more dates for the diary

Wez got writings for our diaries!!!

http://www.catster.com/files/20130603-sad-cat-diary-stalking-insect.jpg

http://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/550610_330262757047773_320528104_n.jpg

Hey, may as well add my SIX MONTH off on the 29th.  Why not keep celebrating?  :-\

[f0...]

http://funnyinternetmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Sad-Cat-Diary-Speaks-Of-The-Horror-The-Humans-Have-Caused-By-Removing-The-Couch-Pants.png

hey, abcd - I LOVE the "dear diary" memes for cats and dogs. Also love the "pet shaming" memes!

Yeah, I know, I need to grow up and get a life.  ::)  ;D

[f1...]

Have you guys seen this one? Its not a meme, but hilarious nonetheless....

The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing! 9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing! 9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing! 10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing! 12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing! 1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing! 3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing! 5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing! 7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing! 8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing! 11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

[f0...]

The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing! 9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing! 9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing! 10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing! 12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing! 1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing! 3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing! 5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing! 7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing! 8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing! 11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

:clap: Very nice. You could write the memoirs of Grumpy Cat.  ;D

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GTsXOW2oJio/TSS9U5yTK8I/AAAAAAAACIs/IMLkbJXSczE/s1600/chocolate%2Bsnowflake%2Bcookie.jpg

In honor of some possible snow fall this week, how about some chocolate snowflakes?

abcd, thanks for the hot chocolate!

LM, it's going to get really cold - brrrrr- in our area tomorrow. Don't forget your mittens!  :thumbsup:

Mindseeker...they were soooooooooooooooooo not ready for the snow. My son's daycare is a 5 minute drive...it's up a hill....the hill was not plowed or salted.

Took me 1.5 hours to get there. Yep...you read right. I could not turn around because of the barrier...no U-turns...sigh.

Cars spun out and everything! We made it safely!

Thank you for the treats...my co-worker gave me some yummy dark chocolate just now too!

Oh...and the heat in my truck does not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :tickedoff:

[f0...]

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GTsXOW2oJio/TSS9U5yTK8I/AAAAAAAACIs/IMLkbJXSczE/s1600/chocolate%2Bsnowflake%2Bcookie.jpg

In honor of some possible snow fall this week, how about some chocolate snowflakes?

LM, it's going to get really cold - brrrrr- in our area tomorrow. Don't forget your mittens!  :thumbsup:

Mindseeker...they were soooooooooooooooooo not ready for the snow. My son's daycare is a 5 minute drive...it's up a hill....the hill was not plowed or salted.

Took me 1.5 hours to get there. Yep...you read right. I could not turn around because of the barrier...no U-turns...sigh.

Thank you for the treats...my co-worker gave me some yummy dark chocolate just now too!

Yikes! Be careful out there, buddy!

You're sooooo right - they were NOT ready!

Please be careful. I took a walk at lunch and I'm afraid when the sidewalks and roads freeze over tonight, it's gonna be super dangerous!

I was hoping to get off early, but we're swamped. So I'm going to tough it out. And then I'll take Lexi out again in the snow. I only got 2 hours of sleep last night so at least this cold exercise may help with the insomnia.

Hope you and your son get home safely.  :smitten:

P.S. I want some dark chocolate!  :D

[e6...]

I'm glad that you made it safely.  It's amazing what a little ice on a road will do.

Please be careful. I took a walk at lunch and I'm afraid when the sidewalks and roads freeze over tonight, it's gonna be super dangerous!

I was hoping to get off early, but we're swamped. So I'm going to tough it out. And then I'll take Lexi out again in the snow. I only got 2 hours of sleep last night so at least this cold exercise may help with the insomnia.

Thanks Mindseeker! I might leave early to get him...it was unreal this morning. Wish I could pass some darck chocolate out through the computer lol.

I can do so virtually.

On a brighter note some good news...this morning for about 30 minutes I felt pretty close to normal after I woke up. It was an amazing feeling. I have not felt like that in a long time! WOW!

Anxiety struck when we were driving up a slippery hill and stuck in a ton of traffic. But I reflected on my almost perfect mini window and it made me smile  :smitten:

Now that calls for more chocolate!

http://www.ghirardelli.com/sites/default/files/recipes/images/misc/377x-chocolate-naked.jpg

I'm glad that you made it safely.  It's amazing what a little ice on a road will do.

Thanks badsocref and ice/snow on a hill with curves...sigh.

[f0...]

Thanks Mindseeker! I might leave early to get him...it was unreal this morning. Wish I could pass some darck chocolate out through the computer lol.

I can do so virtually.

On a brighter note some good news...this morning for about 30 minutes I felt pretty close to normal after I woke up. It was an amazing feeling. I have not felt like that in a long time! WOW!

Anxiety struck when we were driving up a slippery hill and stuck in a ton of traffic. But I reflected on my almost perfect mini window and it made me smile  :smitten:

http://www.ghirardelli.com/sites/default/files/recipes/images/misc/377x-chocolate-naked.jpg

Yay!!!!

Congrats on a window! That's awesome news.

And thanks for the chocolate! Yummers!

I can do so virtually.

Yay!!!!

Congrats on a window! That's awesome news.

And thanks for the chocolate! Yummers!

Thanks...it was surreal. It really was...you're welcome for the chocolate!!!!!  :smitten:

[e6...]

I lived in Lexington, KY for about 6 years (grad school), and had to deal with ice storms occasionally - with an RX-7.  I often couldn't drive to my apartment.  The car would not go up or down the iced pavement.  So I had to park in another apartment complex and walk over my apt.

I so enjoyed those 5-10 mph drives to/from work on those mornings (not!).

I lived in Lexington, KY for about 6 years (grad school), and had to deal with ice storms occasionally - with an RX-7.  I often couldn't drive to my apartment.  The car would not go up or down the iced pavement.  So I had to park in another apartment complex and walk over my apt.

I so enjoyed those 5-10 mph drives to/from work on those mornings (not!).

You said it! 5mph!!! And still a challenge  :tickedoff:

[e6...]

When I was able to resume driving after my night parked on I-10, I began at 8 mph (in an 80 mph zone).  Took me a few minutes to get up the courage to speed up to 20 mph (even more courage since I had to pass a couple of trucks doing 8 mph).  We get so spoiled by rapid transportation these days.  I hope the ice melts for your pick-up trip this afternoon.

When I was able to resume driving after my night parked on I-10, I began at 8 mph (in an 80 mph zone).  Took me a few minutes to get up the courage to speed up to 20 mph (even more courage since I had to pass a couple of trucks doing 8 mph).  We get so spoiled by rapid transportation these days.  I hope the ice melts for your pick-up trip this afternoon.

Wow...8 on an 80mph. We have been tested to the limits in benzo w/d! Now the sun is out but its still cold but at least we have some sunshine!

The Dog's Diary

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

This is really funny.

Cat is clearly paranoid!!  Must be PAWS!!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I hope you are feeling a bit better today, OB.

Hugs

LF  :smitten:

hey, abcd - I LOVE the "dear diary" memes for cats and dogs. Also love the "pet shaming" memes!

Oh no you don't!  I love you just the way you are!  :P  Geez, between the two of us, Mind, could we have any more fun over such petty nonsense?!  Imagine the shenanigans we'd get up to in real life!  :crazy:

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/cdc/6f9/863/resized/angry-dog-meme-generator-frowns-on-your-shenanigans-bf8305.jpg?1330793097.jpg

So pleased you had a window, LM.

I had one during the night but back to a wave today.

Take care in the ice and snow, everyone.

Being bedridden has its advantages.  :laugh:

Hugs

LF  :thumbsup::smitten:

Very chilly my end too ... or "fresh" as we like to say! Nearly slipped on the ice twice while walking doggie! Back to wearing those fashionable shoe ice grippers!  ::)

http://mundoestranho.abril.com.br/blogs/bestiario/files/2012/10/corgi26.gif

[f0...]

Oh no you don't!  I love you just the way you are!  :P  Geez, between the two of us, Mind, could we have any more fun over such petty nonsense?!  Imagine the shenanigans we'd get up to in real life!  :crazy:

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/cdc/6f9/863/resized/angry-dog-meme-generator-frowns-on-your-shenanigans-bf8305.jpg?1330793097.jpg

This is very true, abcd. At this point in recovery, I need all the giggles I can get!

To be honest, i think a sense of humor speeds recovery!  ;D

You all are awesome in this thread! I look forward to posting here every day. It's ALWAYS on topic and totally funny.  :laugh:

Yep, that's for sure, Mind.  Many may pass through this thread but it's only the truly crazy who can never leave!  >:D  :crazy:  Wonder what that says about the "creator" of this sedate chocolatey thread ... What do you say, LF!!!??  :laugh:

http://www.wayofcats.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/reachnorthpole.jpg

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/7b/7b6d606c40d7fcdb71fc8b854cef0e9ea60b5262bf5cd2d32c4dcbc8ca3ff984.jpg

Me, crazy??  No way, just like my house like this.  >:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Mr...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [ha...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [Le...]
    • [...]
    • [JA...]
    • [dp...]
    • [TH...]