Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

HH-

Hurray! A three week window! I'm so excited for you and love hearing your good news. I can only hope to see such progress in the next six months! I'm going to go look at everyone's posts around their 6.5 month mark to see if you all were in the mud like me.

Love to you and keep leading the way!

Peace2

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace - you are making progress too!  Before it was depression, now anxiety, so your symptoms are shifting - that is good news.

Lisa

Peace, at six months off I was stuck in mud up to my neck. Not one window nor a ray of one. My depression was so dark that I was beginning to think on the dark side. I was a pot of boiling soup which in time over a few more months reduced to a simmer.

You will get there, we all will. :thumbsup:

Hi buddies!!

Peace-- Im sorry the ginko isn't working out. I was really bummed about the magnesium because it was really helping me for a while there and then it just turned on me. I'm glad you have your husband to talk too, keep talking to him if you keep getting those urges.  Hugs :)

Life-- sorry to hear about your brother, I truly hope he comes around and can be mature about the situation.

HH-- so happy to hear how good you are doing, I have to admit I'm a little jealous but seriously you have come so far!!

Coop-- another window ?!! Yay!! Seems you have been getting quite a lot lately :)

Lisa-- sorry you are still feeling bad, I understand exactly how you feel. Please don't ever think you are bumming us out. I want to hear how your doing so we can encourage you. I also feel like my brain is not right, and I'm quite honestly sick of it! Feel better soon .

Hi Nova, Drew, mommy, gmit, and everyone  :smitten:

Jenny - thank you for the kind words.  I read your log and am happy to hear you're having a nice day.

Beulah - your words give me great hope.  I am mid month six and in a dark place.  The days are very tough and I need encouragement like yours of today.

Lisa

Silly question, but if I'm at month 6.5 is that referred to as being in month six or month seven? This is a very heavy intellectual question  ;).

Peace2

Peace ... using my lickety-split super-calculating brain ... I think it could be ... or maybe should be ... ah ... 7 ...  :angel:

Hi ... Beulah ... so happy to hear you have come to 1 year ... and feel good ...

Spent the day wandering about ... had a couple of flashes of anxiety and some dread ... passed pretty quickly ... feel the head stuff and ear stuff this evening ... pretty good day ...

Not enough energy left to respond to everybody ... so  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello Nova, Lisa, Beulah, and Jenny!

Nova, sounds like you're ok!

Peace I like the 6.5 makes you in month 7! That makes my 5.5 in month 6!

Be well all!

:smitten:

You have completed month 6 but you are in month 7.  I thought about this long and hard last week.  I have completed my third month and I am in month four.  I have an issue with the ticker below me. :tickedoff:

Thanks GMIT, Nova, Drew. It's pretty silly but people refer to the month they're in and then I look at their jump date. Some would say I'm in 6 and others 7. I agree with the month 7 call. I'm in month 7....and it sucks! But if I'm in month 7, does that mean I'm only 2 weeks from the magic month?!? Month 8! In the next six weeks I could see big progress. Ohhh, that sounds so nice!

I went down in Gingko today and I'm feeling loads calmer this evening, ahhhhhh.

Peace2

So I'm 11 months off??? That is depressing if I am.... I'm not even close to where I pictured myself being. I think its gonna take me 2 years at this point ahhh...

Jenny-

I think it's going to take many of us two years, but before then we'll be better even if we're not BETTER. I think you're closer than you think. It's just hard to see because you just had a wave.  I'm glad your wave has let up. I hope your feeling worlds better.

Peace2

Hi everybody!  Just wanted to check back in on this enormous thread!  I don't even know what month I'm in now....off as of 11/24/13.  Anyway, physically feeling great.  Mostly still just contending with anxious thinking and vulnerability to stress, but that was kinda me to begin with.  Every now and then I'll get a mild burning mouth sensation reminiscent of the early days of my taper that lets me know I'm not quite done healing yet.  In a strange way, I don't mind it, because it gives me hope that some of my anxiety is still recovery, and not all just "me."

I'm so proud of everyone on this thread.  Hang in there....brighter days ahead!

Healing to all,

"Floc"

Hi Floc! Guess it doesn't really matter what month we're in, it's more about how we are feeling!!

You sound good!

Hi Floc....thank you so much for your post. It means so much to us to have the ones ahead of us post encouraging progress. I am so happy for you that you are feeling nearly healed. PianoGirl writes of similar progress pattern....a great deal of reliable healing by 12 months and tying up loose ends in year 2. I also expect that I will remain sensitive to stress and somewhat 'PSTD ' from the trauma of being on the medication and recovering from it. ..I bet your anxiety and stress sensitivity will level out in your second year.

....I agree its confusing to figure out which month we are in...I jumped Dec 3 2014....I count Dec 3 to Jan 3 as completing one month and starting month 2...so I think I am beginning month 9 on Aug 3...I hope that is right as I don't want to think that I am at month 8...again..lol

....Take care Floc ...keep posting to us as it helps us so much.....coop

Peace..I asked the same question a few months ago. I think you are a month further out than you might think. ( reminds me of figuring out pregnancy months...gestational or lunar?). I jumped on Dec 3 and count Jan 3 as my first completed month and the beginning of month 2. So I think I am beginning month 9 on Aug 3...I think ...I wish there was some wonky algebraical computation that would turn it into month 12....Peace, I think you will see alot of improvement in the next 6 weeks......I was a total mess months 6/7.5....really big difference month 8.5-9...

....you are going to have your life back Peace...coop

jenny , all you guys and gals are just too funny  :idiot:-- we are were we are -- but me and you are in month 10.  :laugh: I promise. They say that anxiety a condition dealing with doubt and fear. How bad is it when we doubt which month we are in? I am in month 10 and no one is going to take that away from me.  :tickedoff: Are we a wacky group or what? I must admit I had a few giggles reading this thread today. Love to all and happy healing!  :thumbsup:

life

I agree, Life. We are a funny bunch. I couldn't be happier to be part of us!

Coop - I hope you're right about the healing. I have been feeling awful, awful, awful! And I think a big part of it is the gingko, gingko, gingko! Damn. And you know, it is my personality to take on some other miracle solution down the road. I just need to let well enough alone. I am clearly a slow learner!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about the month I'm in. I feel like I should feel better than this, whatever month it is! I need to spend more time meditating and less time counting the days.

Peace2

Lisa...I would bet my pint of Ben and Jerry 's. 100 degrees in my city)  that in 2 months you are going to see consistent improvements. Months 6-8 were tough months for me...very similar to what you describe and I was so so discouraged and honestly believed I was going to be the one Buddie who never healed. At month 8.5 things began to change. It was certainly not a dramatic. overnight healing. My improvement has continued in a circular pattern but it is be coming reliable.

......Lisa you are really close...go back over the last few pages here and read Flock 's and HH 's posts..those posts are getting me through ...You are going to heal Lisa...I am sorry that some of your s/x are still painful..it is so hard to keep hoping after months of tapering ànd more months of p/w.....keep it going a little longer...you really are healing...love to you Free...coop

Hi Beulah and Healing and all,

So good that you are both at 1 year!!!!!! :thumbsup: Please do not leave us now that you are past 12 months ;) I am still in a window although I do not feel that great today. My brother who I love dearly divorced his wife of 32 years about two years ago. His ex  is like  a sister to me. She was the person that help mend my own marriage last year ( even after her's collapsed the year prior). My ex sister in law is my wife's best friend. My brother due to circumstances with his ex and his new wife has asked me not to associate with my former sister in law, now sister. I have known her since I was 16 and I said no to my brother. It has now devolved into a situation where my brother ( who we were so tight) has now disconnected from me and will not even return my texts. I am so sad by this.

Here is the bright side. Although this is obviously torturing me, so far, I am strong enough to stand strong and work through it without fear of a wave hitting me. That would not have been the case two months ago. We wil see how it goes. I am stronger now. :tickedoff:

Healing preayers to all,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Qu...]
    • [Li...]
    • [bi...]
    • [ro...]
    • [se...]
    • [Po...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [El...]