Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

Nova and Mommy...thank you so much...very reassuring. Nova I totally understand the hum to tuning fork experience..a gentle hum..a split second ' change over ' to exactly as you describe..tuning fork....My zaps are to the back of my head to towards the the top corner and sips right down behind my ear. Cant imagine what it is...that's ok...with all my health fear its not good to turn to imagination except for the good ..which Benzo Beast seems to outshout if given the chance...thanks again Mommy and Nova

......Life...sounds like everyday ' absent mindedness ' to me...To me you sound like you are well on the way to complete healing....I also wonder how Sky is...hope we hear from her soon

...Whoot...you got through one more day..  acute is the worst...you are one more day closer to being done with it....wishing you 'hall pass ' from it ....coop

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!  Well, guess what?  Today is my ONE YEAR OFF!!!  :yippee:  It has been 365 days since I took my last little .01mg of klonopin....thank the Lord! 

I am feeling pretty great about this tonight, although I do have to admit that I was a bit bummed this morning....rather like how I felt when my 6 month mark rolled around.  I thought for sure that I would be completely healed by this time, but I still have some symptoms hanging around.  It's OK though, I'm soooo close.  Tonight I feel a sense of, "yeah, I've got this".  I have weathered through awful symptoms for a full YEAR, and if I can do that, even a bad day is a piece of cake.  :thumbsup:  (Although on my bad days, I would argue this point. LOL)

Keep putting one foot in front of the other, it's the only way out of here.  We are ALL going to make it!  :smitten:

Hope....happy happy anniversary!!!....One year ...so huge. I am so happy for you...you are right,  you do have this and you never ever have to do it again. Thank you so very much for posting in the group there are so many of us with that one year mile marker in our sights. You are a great encouragement to us. I cant wait to be at year one..4 more months.

.....Hope are you doing something special for yourself to celebrate..you certainly deserve it. I could be wrong,  but I think you might be the first one in the group to cross the one year mark....we are all following....yay and yay for you.....coop

Wonderful HH  -  you have really accomplished something monumental.  Congratulations.  I'm so delighted for you.

Lisa

:clap: Congratulations, HealingHope! What wonderful news to start the day. I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful new year for you!  :clap:

Peace2

Whootwhoot and Lisa,

How are you? I've been holding you both in thought. Imagining us standing in a circle, holding hands, with our backs turned against the symptoms. I'm doing ever so slightly better and I hope you both are too.

Peace2

Hi Peace,

Thanks for asking.  It's been rough for me the past week.  I can't tell yet how today will go.  My head has felt swollen inside and has been painful - awful really.  I'm hoping today is the coming out of this lastest wave day.

Feel better,

Lisa

Lisa, I am sorry that you are still suffering in a wave. I have the dreadful 'inflamed ' brain with pressure too. It has been one of the worst s/x. Mine started about 5 weeks ago and gradually improved ( I hope). I have now had about 5 days with lessening pressure but my head zaps returned.  Weirdly, I was getting PT for another issue and it seemed to help my head pressure too. ....Are you getting head zaps too? ....I know how awful this is...hot packs to the back of my neck also helped in the short term.

.....I hope this lets up for you soon Free....wishing you relief...and some sunbreaks....coop

Hi Coop - I'm sorry you're experiencing this too.  It makes me want to just lay in bed all day long, but I don't.  I'm trying to battle through it, just did relaxing-type stretch yoga, I walk as much as possible.  Geez - the symptoms go all over the map - yesterday, awful awful jitters, head pressure and dr.  Today, exhaustion clearer head, less jitters but feeling fluey.  This goes on and on.

I spoke with a local therapist yesterday (whose name I got from a young lady on this forum who noticed I was from MI - I'm so grateful to her but won't mention her name) who went through a ct from 200 mg valium many years ago.  I'm excited to be her client and learn from her.  She has counseled many many people through this.

I hope you start feeling significantly better, Coop and everyone else reading this.  My brain feels better today so we'll see where this goes.  I'm hoping that last bad wave will lead me to better, longer windows.

I feel so grateful to all of you - we will prop each other up when one is down.  When our gaba is low, we don't think straight and we panic and think the worst.  My biggest fear is that I'll be stuck like this, even though each day symptoms are different - it's not rational.  Thanks for keeping me on the right track when my brain goes off on tangents. 

Love to you all,

Lisa

Oh and Coop- I don't seem to get the head zaps -  do have tinnitus that ranges from low buzzing (tolerable) to awful when I'm in a bad wave.

Hi GMIT,

Thanks for the encouragement. It seems like another hard one for the books. It's weird to feel so off, really awful, but at the same time I feel close to myself. If I keep my eyes closed I feel much better.

How are you doing?

Peace2

Lisa-

I'm sorry for your bad week. I am right there with you unfortunately. It's just got to get better. I've got head pressure, no concentration, agitation, anxiety. I've got to wonder if some of this could be related to hormone changes....

I'm so glad you found an ally! Having a therapist who's gone through this recovery will be amazing. I hope you'll pass on any gems you learn from her. And I hope you see some relief soon!

Peace2

Thanks for asking! I had four AMAZING days in a window! Today feels like a half step back words, just a bit "down" nothing terrible, but not right either. No where near the beginning of this journey, so I will take it and be thankful!

Just resting today and shooting for stress free!!

GMIT-  that's great news! A four day window is pretty amazing. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. I hope this light letting down is short lived and the window opens wide again soon! Keep us posted.

Peace2

Hi everyone,

Just checking in and telling all on my progress. Well, I must say that today is the first day in a while that I have not felt energized and up. A bit blue but I get the sense that it will get better soon. It is not a deep wave as of now. I was earlier today worrying about a feeling of entering into a wave. Then I just said -- "hey, take it as it comes and do not be afraid". I kind of feel like I may have hit a small patch here but not making a big deal out of it yet ( notice how I hedge). This recovery is so brutal. I know I am out of the cave or near the exit yet I still have to deal with this slight depression feeling I have right now. I pray to God that it will lift very quickly. Love to all.

life

Thank you for checking in, Life. It is brutal. Step by step until it's over.

I will pray that it lifts quickly too.  :smitten:

Peace2

Hi 6-12 Buddies,

I haven't posted since May 14th because I've been soooo sick.  I'm still suffering from 5 major side effects. Stinging burning shins and feet which has gotten more intense & painful than ever. Fortunately, I don't have it every day, maybe every other day.  Benzo bellie has been really painful too.  The  last couple of days it has eased up some. Boaty off balance feeling is the worst and I ve had to deal with it everyday, but the intensity is different each day. Then the total body inflammation or swollen/heavy feeling comes & goes along with cog fog.  The good news is I finally had a short window the night before last. It started at 8pm and lasted until 2 pm.  Wow, what a wonderful feeling to have absolutely no Sxs.  My brain & thoughts even changed and I felt energetic and happy. I really needed that because I have been suffering with so much intensity I wasn't sure I could go on.  Anyway, that window has renewed my hope.  I'm now in my 8th month and I so hoped things would begin to get easier.  Maybe they well.  I wish I could do some of the things you all talk about doing like biking, swimming, etc.  I feel it's a good day when I can drive myself  to the store.

A couple of questions.  I'm 69 and it seems like most of this group are older, is that the case?  Do older people have a harder time recovering from Benzos? 

Do any of you want to try to do something to help prevent this from happening to others?  Like alerting or educating the public somehow and asking that doctors be trained about the dangers and how to help people get off.  I don't know where to begin, but I want to do something about this when I'm healed. I'm thinking of writing letters to various groups FDA, CDC, Government people and also see if I can get a newspaper to do an investigative report.  Any ideas you have would be much appreciated.

Thanks for listening and the positive posts you write.

Korbe

Good Morning ... 4 AM here ... another good night of sleep ... I am getting out of the "interrupted - dozing" stuff ... sleeping 4 or 5 hours at a stretch and 6 - 7 hours total ... tried actually laying down in bed, well, that lasted about 1 minute ... so, back to my recliner ... one step at a time ...

The "cycling" has let up for a couple of days now ... nibbling around the edges but no "bites" ... pretty good ... this would seem to be saying my baseline is improving ... or solidifying maybe ... if I used a number I would say 60 % plus ...

Most recent improvement is I have lost the sense that I am "stuck" ... the "doubt" has gone ... the "relentless" feeling is easing ... this would seem to mean my "mental" state has improved significantly over the last few weeks ...

I am beginning to think about "what next" ... started making one of my "lists" last night ... and that became kind of a trip "down the rabbit hole" ... so I stopped ... a three page list (I only use a small notebook) became overwhelming and I felt myself "speeding up" so I backed off and listened to an audiobook and did jigsaw puzzles until I got sleepy and stopped for the evening ...

I think I will stick with "tidying up" tasks ... rather than "extending out" thoughts ... right here, right now, chop wood, carry water ...

Have a good Thursday folks ...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Tr...]
    • [de...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Re...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Ap...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Av...]