Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Coop! I am sooo happy for you!! You deserve this, and Iam so proud of you for resisting the urge to go to the ER. Keep up the good work! Jenny :thumbsup:

Coop,

Yay!!!  Way to bring it all together.  I feel like you and I are twins in this because of our timeline.  You always sound so grounded too.  Oh that wonderful moment when all is well again. 

Great words.  Rest dear friends. 

Yup, we are making it!!

Way to go COOP!!!  So happy for you.  Let's pray it holds.  It sounds heavenly.  You've come a long way.

Lisa

Coop- It's always darkest before the dawn. People have lived this truth long before us. It sounds like you rode that dark and nasty wave right into the rising sun. I'm so glad you're experiencing peace. I hope it lasts a good long while.

Peace2

Jenny,  Peace,  Mommy and Free....thanks so much for the encouragement...things are still holding...definitely the breather I needed to catch a second wind for the next few months...wishing you all good sleep ....coop

Good Morning ... WOW ... some many stories ... so much encouragement ... I read each one ... pause ... breathe ... and read the next ... pause ... breathe ... just taking them in ... feeding myself ... the great healing pot luck supper ... we each bring what we can ... nibble a little here, a little there ... and we are "fed" by each other ... we share our stories ... eat a little more ... and another day passes ...

I was down for the day yesterday ... too much the last couple of days ... needed my quiet resting time ... grounded again ...

Many blessing to each of you ... love to all of you ...

After yesterday's wind and rain, the eastern sky is beckoning with a sun filled Friday ...

We are healing ...

:smitten:

Nova - I hope you are feeling more peaceful and rested now.

Coop - wonderful news!  I hope the window continues for you.

I'm feeling better than yesterday but still not up to par this morning.  Hopefully everything will settle down as the day goes on.

Lisa

HI GMIT - I hear you.  I'm feeling ok, not great  but better than yesterday morning.  Sleep was pretty good, now I have low grade T and some head pressure.  oh and fatigue.  When will this resolve?  I'm sorry you're not feeling so hot either.

Free 

Yeah, it gives a little and then takes back, never seeming to go back to as bad as it was, but still not leering you feel good either.

I was rxd benzos for T, read that zinc helps and it has, but not today, really bad ringing today.

GMIT - I never have been able to figure out the riddle of tinnitus ... mine is always on left side ... it comes and goes ... really loud very often and then sometimes completely nothing ... crazy-making ... I have never tried zinc ...

Well ... "grounded again" was short-lived ... ramped up into very loud anxiety and bloat and pressure ... my usual scenario ... it seems to peak off after about an hour nowadays ... then settles in as a complete nuisance ... oh well, this too shall pass, it always does ...

Hang in there, folks ... we will get there ...

Sorry Nova, I pray you get relief quickly!!

From my research the zinc will only work if you are deficient and you had it prior to the benzos. I read that if you take a zinc "lozenge" and it tastes good, more than likely you are deficient. I never tried the lozenge I just took the tablet, but it has improved my tinnitus markedly. It does take 30-90 days to see real improvement.

Thanks GMIT ... I think my tinnitus showed up while on K many years ago ... to old to remember ... it is my sense that is why it comes and goes for me ... I will check out the zinc lozenge idea ...

Just in my "nuisance" phase with this stuff now, not terrible, just lousy ... it will pass ... well, its Friday ... off to my part-time afternoon nap (I mean job) .. pretty soon ...

Take Care.

Hi Everyone;

Coop;  so glad you had such a great window.  I'm going to buy that book.

Thanks for the support for me and my signifigant other..  I was bad too.  The 7th level of hell....OMG

We are still alive and kicking though;  a bit beat up. 

It confuses me so much; do you all get confused with the most bizarre thoughts? Can't relax and just be.

When you get a break and you can again it's pure heaven.  When I get like that I just soak it all in hoping I can make it stay.

Love and strength to all.

Coop stay in the feeling; I know it's amazing.  One day this will all be behind us. :smitten:

Shoot, you can download the book for free, type in The Benzo Book PDF.

Yes, it can definitely be confusing! So tiring. Can't wait for a window, and the sun to come shining through!

Dea

:smitten: :smitten:

I'm calling this thread "Coop and teh Gang"?  :laugh: Coop I am so happy for you. No matter what happens -- you will know deep inside when you have turned the corner. Month 8 is a good month for many. Even if it does not mean anything if it were not a good month it would be interesting to see how it goes for you. I think you re closer than you think.  If we read through all the posts recently we can see healing going throughout this thread. It's interesting as I think that it is only normal given our timelines. Here is one drawback to healing - (not really) - I'm gaining weight because I do not have a knot in my stomach --not kidding! I have to watch what i eat. I remember months ago not being able to eat due to stress. Wow, healing is gradual as I look back -- but it is very real! :thumbsup:

life

Oh Life, how do we untie that darn knot?!? Funny how I recently had my best window yet and tried SO hard to convince myself I was healed! HA! Jokes on me! I'm tons better than I was, but now every couple of days I seem to experience something different than ever before. Nothing horrendous but definitely not fun!

I just keep telling myself "Feel the healing that's happening!"

Hope you're all well!

In a bad wave again today.  Thanks for any support.  This is so hard to believe.  I feel back to month 2-3.  I am really sick and could use some prayers that this lets up real soon and for good.  I had a 1 1/2 hour or so window today and it got real bad again.

Thanks everyone. I hope you're all feeling better than this.  Did any of you have bad setbacks in month 5 after feeling decent for awhile?  I hurt so much but the worst is the head pressure - it's so awful.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

So sorry you are in a bad wave. I'm sorry to say month 4-5 were my worst months to date, lots of members seem to have issues in that time frame. I know how discouraging it can be, but you can do this! Prayers for you, jenny

Hi 'Coop and the gang",

I went the Dr yesterday for blood test results as I hadn't had physical in 2 years.  It's a natural healing Dr that likes to use supplements.  The results are as follows:

1) Blood sugar and glucose excellent and within normal range

2) LDL HDL.. good

3) Vit D... Low

4) Cortisol ... Low

5) I have blood in my urine which they believe is kidneys so heading to urologist later.  Probably stones. 

I also some inflammation but that is usually from low Vit D, so I started taking the supplement last night. 

My question is does anyone take or have experience with supplements.  I am ready to move on with this healing.  I am to start a glutton and dairy free diet.  They loaded me up with digestive enzymes, desiccated adrenal, Vit D, some kind of heavy metal detox and a parasite forte. 

I probably should have said no to half the stuff.  I also happen to have an anti inflammatory protein shake in my cupboard.  It's for people with fibromyalgia and gut issues.  I forget why I have it, but I started that this morning and will give up coffee for a month. 

I found a really good thread.  One of the moderators posted in the supplements group.  God, I love these people.  She said her cortisol would go up and down all the time.  She had a great Dr who tested it often.  She wrote that true adrenal illness would have us very sick and that she has a friend with it.  Her recommendation is to eat well, destress and exercise.  If you haven't done, so go on the moderators list and read their stories. 

I will take the Vit D and do the diet because I eat like crap.  There were warnings about any supplements that affect the liver.  Ugh!!  I just want to heal.

MommyR

Free...So sorry to hear that you are in a wave...I am thinking of you. Yes,  I had a tough time in months 4 1/2- 5 1/2. .this will pass Free...and not everyone hits a bad patch in month 4/5 ...You came through acute ...you will be able to get through month 4/5...we are all cheering you on. The dreaded head pressure hit me at mid 6 month...I have to agree its the worst. A hot pack helped me a lot. Make a hot pack from a rolled towel ..actually you will need 2... roll the towels and micro for about 90 seconds...roll into another towel so you don't burn your skin. Place one towel to the back of your neck...place the other towel across the bridge of your nose and eyes...and covering both ears. I don't know why but covering the ears with the hot pack for some reason is very soothing and comforting. ..believe it or not this really helped my head pressure. I walked around for weeks with a hot pack on my neck. I am still getting head pressure as I enter month 8, but not as bad. I am also going to PT for another issue with my ears but it totally helps my head pressure. ....

.....Free...I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. ..coop

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [PP...]
    • [SB...]
    • [je...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ge...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [...]
    • [ry...]
    • [...]