Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondered if anyone has a problem with lots of blinking? It's like when my brain just can't handle any more stimulation i start blinking again and again.

I know it doesn't sound like too hard a symptom to live with, but after eleven months to still have my brain reacting like this to the slightest stimulation is pretty unnerving.

I really hope it's not the start of epilepsy or anything, i've read quite a few posts recently where people say they developed epilepsy after/from benzo withdrawal.

Appreciate your thoughts...

Stuck,

If someone during WD develops epilepsy, it is likely it will go away when the WD is over.  Excessive blinking is not a sign of epilepsy.

It's common for us to worry that our bodies are so traumatized by WD that we will develop some disease or malady as a result.  This is our brains on worry overdrive, nothing more.

You'll be okay.

Sofa

Stuck, wd does many odd things to muscles and the blinking could be part of that as well as a way to filter some overstimulation.

Sofa, I take magnesium. It's a good tip. How are you today?

MT

I had a mild day yesterday.  Today I'm back in the WD soup.  It's my one year off anniversary today.  Wish this was over, but it's not.  Please pray with me buddies.  I need your help and prayers.

I had a mild day yesterday.  Today I'm back in the WD soup.  It's my one year off anniversary today.  Wish this was over, but it's not.  Please pray with me buddies.  I need your help and prayers.

SK,

WOW, Congratulations on your ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! :thumbsup:

I am praying for you to be out of the woods at a blink of an eye, that's how it usually is. 

Hugs your way,

Saraa

Does anyone else get chills throughout your body, like fever chills?

SK,

My blood pressure has everything to do with when i used to get the chills.  You may want to check that.  Blood sugar too.

On a good note, i think this is a good sign that finally our nervous system is coming back to life and communicating with us.  Its finding its balance.

Eat some protein right away and see if it helps, it almost always never fails.

Thank you so much Saraa.  I will eat some salmon today.  My blood pressure is always low, so I can't figure this out.  Could be the blood sugar, so I'll watch it.  Thank you for the encouragement and advice.

Thank you so much Saraa.  I will eat some salmon today.  My blood pressure is always low, so I can't figure this out.  Could be the blood sugar, so I'll watch it.  Thank you for the encouragement and advice.

SK,,

lol, the only thing not to eat is sea food as it lowers blood pressure.

Ultimatley red meat, home cooked  :thumbsup:

Does anyone else get chills throughout your body, like fever chills?

I get these Sofa. I also get super hot like I have a fever, and sometimes I do, but when I get the chills I'm often low. I think it's all part of the confused and healing nervous system. Good job making it to one year :thumbsup: I've got another 5 weeks to go.

Sofa, the depression and loneliness in the midst of wd can be brutal. I'm so thankful that we have BB and can communicate with people who understand to help keep us sane. When I compare myself to the "normals" in my real life I seem so much more frakked up. On BB we're just one of the crew that's on the long and winding road to recovery.

I wonder how many of us in the beyond 6-24 months  recovery groups are

1. 'Mature'

2. Female

3. Alone or as good as alone in disfunctional family settings or partnerships

Hormones?

Thyroids

well i am 56 and i have both issues, Hormones almost non-existant and hashimotos.  Both of which i have decided to ignore addressing with medication.  Have a small dog & inspite of family members feel alone.  Could be withdrawl or not

I love pugs.

Wishing that feeling better is right around the corner for you

Saraa

I've been alone for along time ,thyroid problem too.I didn't feel alone today,i had a window.

Went out and raked leaves,went for drive and shopping at "2" locations,all without having to dash home from anxiety.

red

I'm female, 53, and often feel alone. My kids are grown and my husband works all of the time. To be honest it can be easier without anyone around because then I don't feel self-conscious about  how unproductive I am. I've been in menopause for twenty years (genetic thing) but do an estrogen patch. I'll taper off of that once I can sleep like a normal human again.

Congrats on your productive day, Red.

MT, I am sometimes grateful to be alone during this horrible process because I don't have to fake how lousy I feel and put on a happy face.  My dishes can pile up in the sink, I don't have to vacuum and dust the fur balls.  I don't have to change my sheets unless they get "crispy."  Ha!

Male, 44, in a great marriage, very few family members (no kids), and I absolutely LOVE pugs (who doesn't?).  I'm 8 months out from 15 years of mostly daily use.  Been reading your posts from time to time.  Nice woods photos (I live in a big city).  Might have to drive out to the hills for a hike today.  Feeling OK, for a change.  Some nerve pain, a little attitude, but I got a day off and plan to have a pretty good time.  Hope everyone is doing well, or as well as can be expected.

WELL DONE :thumbsup:

I'm at 11 and a half months and still really struggling, still not had my first window yet, still can't even watch TV! Nervous system just can't handle the stimulation.

I honestly think getting to a year will be the hardest thing i've ever had to do, have come so close to reinstating so many times :-\

MT,Sofa,

These Un-inherant traits like, "avoidance" seem to be the "signature" of this.Obsessing about any of it seems detrimental towards recovery.

Not like we have full control over the obsessing either.Once it's on it's going to run it's course.Recognizing it and letting it pass is all we can do.

Stuck,

You and I have identical withdrawal maladies.  I know it's not much help that I share your agony and overstimulation, but at least you have a buddy on hyperdrive with no windows who understands.

Love, Sofa

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [En...]
    • [El...]
    • [Cl...]
    • [de...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Sa...]