Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

Better day yesterday mental and physical symptoms bearable back to hardly any sleep symptoms are Ramped up  today back to one decent day and one bad day did anyone find that once it started to happen they started to get many more better days and less bad days

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling pretty damn discouraged again. I thought I'd really gotten somewhere last week when I slept for that 2 hour stretch and then two nights later did light, broken sleep for almost 8 hours (a record since July when I was on meds). Those two nights were my first drug free sleeps in 27 years. But now, zero sleep since Wednesday night and those two nights were the only sleep I got all last week. Progress wasn't real I guess.

Sorry to see the suffering we`re all having right now, if we could just get rid of one sx for ever, I think we`d all feel so much better.

Mine has been dizziness today, bad debilitating dizziness. I tried to go for a short walk but had to give up as I was rolling like a drunk and the feeling wasn`t nice either. 

I had dizziness before the wd and its now come on twice as bad, but b/c I used to manage it ok, I`m just hoping it gets back to manageable again as this is making me housebound.

Tomorrow I intend to try walking again and beat this sucker.

Onward we go buds.....

NCT :smitten:

I'm having a horrible time sleeping.  It stems  from a few months ago when I got a very bad case of acid reflux and burning tongue and lasted 6 weeks it traumatized my sleep and all I think about is the throat and how it is so dry still and closes up on me.  Don't know if this makes sense to anyone.  The lack of sleep makes it impossible to handle the withdrawal.

Niners,

I've read many posts about the feeling of your throat closing up and a doctor told one BB that it's completely normal for Benzo withdrawal.  He said the throat will not close and it is just the muscles contracting after the benzos relaxed all the muscles for you for so long.

You'll be okay and this is a symptom that goes away permanently for everyone.

Hang in there.

Sofa

How are you today, Sofa.

I'm sorry to hear about all of the crummy symptoms we're having--sleeplessness, dizziness, throat constriction, etc. Pressing on together :smitten:

MT

It sucks when you don't get the sleep you need I've been sleeping about 6 to 7 hours every night on and off and now last night had about 4 was a basket case all day emotional mental symptoms seem to run there's really had during this time.  I'd be fine if I didn't have pain man I'm praying that the next 3 months this pain start to really subside and go away that'll be my one of your mom that's my goal

Last night was another night of just minutes at a time sleep here and there. Today I have a severe headache and am pretty down. It's going on a month of almost no sleep. So tired and barely functioning but tomorrow I have to go to work, then a workshop all day Wednesday then work again Thursday. Ugh.

How are you Sofa today?

MT,

Thank you for asking.  I'm still the same.  You know the relentless Groundhog Day.  You are so strong to work through this whole process.  I am in awe of you.

Sofa,

I feel like I'm doing a really bad job at work through all of this. I just try to get through the day and not mess anyone up. If I had to work more than 2 days/week I'd be screwed.

Looking forward to when we're all out of this Groundhog Day.

MT

I've been working full time for the past 4 months but am afraid I may have to go on disability again.  This may cost me my job of 25 years.  I'm very upset about the possibility.  This wave is just hanging around and getting worse.  The anxiety and panic is something I experienced in acute and here it is again almost 9 months later.

I've been working full time for the past 4 months but am afraid I may have to go on disability again.  This may cost me my job of 25 years.  I'm very upset about the possibility.  This wave is just hanging around and getting worse.  The anxiety and panic is something I experienced in acute and here it is again almost 9 months later.

Niners-  I know how tough the mental symptoms can be going through this have you tried other techniques meditation breathing something that helps you cope and get out there to bring you down when you start to spiral you need to ground yourself.  a lot of people say their mental senses start to lift between the 9th and 10th months I pray this happens for you it's terrible to have to endure such pain mental pain.  hang in there I know that it goes away I pray and hope that you find a technique that works for you

Ddd, not sure I can handle this anymore.  Tried Lunesta last couple of nights for sleep and I think it made things worse. Will be tossing it.  This is the worse I have felt in a long time.  Thank you for the encouragement.  Thinking about y'all and hope things start to improve soon.  On my last doctor visit she basically stated that it wasn't the benzo causing this because it's been 9 months and this is just the return of my anxiety/panic .  Funny I never had this before starting benzos.

Hi everyone

Hang in there we will recover.  I`m going through a bad wave again today with no let up in sight, I have bad days and worse days and this is one of the worst ones. 

Niners- your doctor is an idiot and reminds me of mine. I saw mine earlier in the week and he`s in denial also. 

Same to everyone else (hello) and lets support each other every step of the way.

Sending healing thoughts you all and wishing us all some windows.

NCT  :smitten:

I'm in a super bad wave. No sleep beyond a few minutes at a time in over a week now (I had two nights of some sleep last week and then only minutes for the two-3 weeks prior). I'm having trouble believing my insomnia will improve in time to keep me going. Night after night of not sleeping isn't sustainable. I'm trying to be brave but this is relentless.

sofakingdone- I hardly know how to describe my worst days, everything seems to kick in as though I`m back in acute.  I am still like it and praying it passes.

I `ve had quite a few of these where my waves just get stronger, I`m hoping when this one goes something among the sx will be better.

Sorry you`re feeling so low your self, we have to hang on although we know its the hardest thing we`ve ever done, we haven`t got a choice.

NCT :smitten:

MT,

Have you tried Unisom doxy?  One half tablet puts me right out.

Sofa,

I tried it a couple of times and it had no effect.

MT

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [jo...]
    • [Li...]
    • [dp...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Le...]
    • [BW...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [...]