Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

Lm I'm right there with you. My head and sinus pressure along with these ocular migraines has been horrendous.  Btw-you and I are completing month ten and starting on eleven soon.  :P

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Lm I'm right there with you. My head and sinus pressure along with these ocular migraines has been horrendous.  Btw-you and I are completing month ten and starting on eleven soon.  :P

Hey Drew...this weekend makes 10 months off...not 11 lol. 12 months off on April 30th  ;D

Yeah the head stuff really has me man! Truly! All day on the right side has been the blues. Balance is still wicked and leg weakness too. Sigh.

About to head out...I feel so weather beaten (snow, ice and cold).

Have fun in HI! Safe travels back!  :smitten:

Hey folks. I seem to be improving still. I've had a few days in a row without the AM cortisol "greeting". Even the palps have quieted a bit, relatively. I'm sure I'm still on the merry-go-round, but I'll enjoy this while it lasts!

Oh, I also started drinking coffee again a few weeks ago. It's made no difference in sx, except my mornings are more enjoyable :smitten:

I'm reading and thinking about everyone here everyday, but not posting very much. I hope you all are getting some relief soon! Keep going. Every day away from the poison is one small step in the right direction.  :thumbsup: (I know that's not very poignant, but it's all I got right now! Lol.)

Take care.

Hi All, I’m glad it has picked up on here as it has been quiet lately.

We are all troopers fighting the same battle and with each other we are stronger.  :smitten:

It is reassuring to read similar symptoms as at times the doubting fears surface that ‘’it must be something else’’, I’m sure this is very common. I thought on Wednesday that I’d turned a corner; I could feel healing. It was my son’s birthday this week and we were going out for a family meal. I was jittery at the thought but managed it. Anyway since that I have been rubbish, if it’s not painful tension, fear, head pressure, fatigue then it’s irrational anxiety, fear, cog fog – feel totally stupid as I forget thing so easily and cannot work out simple things sometimes. I get through work each day and it is exhausting and so challenging, however if I had more time to dwell on how I feel, I’m sure I would find this harder. My stress tolerance too is non-existent, the slightest thing sends me into a spin, especially if it’s to do with the kids for instance my son fainted at school because of something squeamish they were doing in science. I got a phone call and even though this has happened before and I’ve dealt with it fine, this time I felt panic for the rest of the day ugh!! I have a lot of internal shaking too. I am trying to practice acceptance and tell myself that how I feel for now is normality. If we resist the symptoms it seems to make them worse. Sometimes it works and sometimes not, also I am very suggestible so anything scary has so much more effect on me.  Oh yes, dizziness……… keep reminding yourself how strong you are to go through this and it is most likely the hardest thing you will ever have to endure. Keep going  :thumbsup:

Hi Marj, thanks for your post.  It's like I wrote it.  All of us are feeling the same symptoms. Helps us to know these strange feelings are "normal".  Wow,  weird to call them normal.  LOL!

Hi Marj, thanks for your post.  It's like I wrote it.  All of us are feeling the same symptoms. Helps us to know these strange feelings are "normal".  Wow,  weird to call them normal.  LOL!

Hi Marj! Thank you for chiming in and happy bday to your son! This week has been filled with weak legs, short of breath, the daily disequilibrium, jittery, tired eyes, heart palps, head pressure.

Mind you I have Lyme Disease (I do have something else) but I'm comparing how I felt around this time last year...no comparison! I was feeling better and doing soooooooooooo much more. Then when I jumped off benzos all hell broke loose with new sxs added.

Benzo w/d is the pits. Really set me back...but we will all heal! No matter what!

:smitten:

Hi LM,

I don’t know much about Lyme but if it helps, all those symptoms you describe, I have too. I would think you could attribute them to the benzos. Sometimes I feel like my body is filled with lead and I’m dragging myself along. Like I said I really felt like I was turning a corner on Wednesday, then here we go again, it is so cruel. We will get there though, just keep believing. Also we both work which is a huge accomplishment as so many cannot – be proud, tell yourself how proud you are at your strength.

I was doing a lot more too, I had much more energy (not great but better). I started to feel it more around 5 -6 months off but also I had a lot of stressors around work and any stress just makes it worse. Healing is still taking place it’s just the stress makes thing more difficult; that’s what I’ve learned anyway. On a positive, sleep has improved for me, although getting up is soooooo hard and I never feel refreshed. This really is the pits >:(

Keep strong, you are doing so well  :thumbsup:.  This will all be over in time  :smitten:

Hi LM,

I don’t know much about Lyme but if it helps, all those symptoms you describe, I have too. I would think you could attribute them to the benzos. Sometimes I feel like my body is filled with lead and I’m dragging myself along. Like I said I really felt like I was turning a corner on Wednesday, then here we go again, it is so cruel. We will get there though, just keep believing. Also we both work which is a huge accomplishment as so many cannot – be proud, tell yourself how proud you are at your strength.

I was doing a lot more too, I had much more energy (not great but better). I started to feel it more around 5 -6 months off but also I had a lot of stressors around work and any stress just makes it worse. Healing is still taking place it’s just the stress makes thing more difficult; that’s what I’ve learned anyway. On a positive, sleep has improved for me, although getting up is soooooo hard and I never feel refreshed. This really is the pits >:(

Keep strong, you are doing so well  :thumbsup:.  This will all be over in time  :smitten:

I will spare you the details of Lyme Disease...just a gruesome disease to have. But you're right...every day we work, we raise kids and there are a few that can't do that.

Stress really does not help at all. So in time these whackadoo symptoms will perish leaving us renewed and restored.

Much love Marj, God bless.

LovingMother - Lyme disease is something I think about a lot! I live in the Midwest and more importantly, there is a forest preserve right behind our home and there are always plenty of deer around. We have two dogs who are outside a lot during the warmer months and have occasionally come in with deer ticks on them! There have been a couple of times where either myself or my family have noticed a tick burrowed into the skin! YUCK!  :sick: I'm going to the doctor in a couple of weeks for a physical - I'm actually planning on having him give me a lyme blood test. Hey, you just never know!! There have been a few people in our area that have found out years later that they have lyme disease and never knew it.

I pray that you will be well and I'm so sorry you have to go through that on top of the benzo junk as well.

Hugs,

Joney

LovingMother - Lyme disease is something I think about a lot! I live in the Midwest and more importantly, there is a forest preserve right behind our home and there are always plenty of deer around. We have two dogs who are outside a lot during the warmer months and have occasionally come in with deer ticks on them! There have been a couple of times where either myself or my family have noticed a tick burrowed into the skin! YUCK!  :sick: I'm going to the doctor in a couple of weeks for a physical - I'm actually planning on having him give me a lyme blood test. Hey, you just never know!! There have been a few people in our area that have found out years later that they have lyme disease and never knew it.

I pray that you will be well and I'm so sorry you have to go through that on top of the benzo junk as well.

Hugs,

Joney

Thanks Joney! Lyme is everywhere. Praying they find a cure and release the vaccination they have been working on. People need to be protected.

God bless, I just deal with 1 day at a time.

10 months off today! Its an accomplishment but I wish I felt better. Still dealing inner ear stuff which leads to ear fullness, poor balance, slight ringing, I have heart palps, shortness of breath, twitches, leg weakness and anxiety!

I pray that it gets better from here. Waiting to turn that corner for good!

Happy 10 months off to Drew and SoCaler!

Onward & upward towards month 11!

May peace be with each of you.

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Happy 10 month anniversary! That is awesome!!!

I wish you felt better too, but I'm holding out hope that that day is just around the corner!  :thumbsup:

Huge congrats to all of the 10 month-ers.....LM, Drew, SoCal.

...I'm coming up on 11 months early next week...hard to believe. It has been a long, hard road. But, I am benzo free and I know that I am returning to a place of wellness.

Happy 10 months off LM and everyone else. It's a huge accomplishment and shows such strength and inner courage. :thumbsup::smitten:

I just want to add that I speak to an organization called CITA here in the UK and the lady says she speaks to a lot of people who find or found this phase a struggle and that it's no coincidence.

Such an exhausting journey :o

Are you doing better Robert?

Happy 10 months off LM and everyone else. It's a huge accomplishment and shows such strength and inner courage. :thumbsup::smitten:

I just want to add that I speak to an organization called CITA here in the UK and the lady says she speaks to a lot of people who find or found this phase a struggle and that it's no coincidence.

Thank you everyone! today has been up and down I go from feeling so relax too anxious and heart palpitations. But for the most part today has been relaxing and even had a few moments where my legs felt better and so did my balance. it's almost like my body is trying to find that happy place that once was.

Hi Marj,

So the person you talked to said around months 10 through 12 is rough for many?  That would encourage me as I'm feeling the absolute worst I have so far.  Keep waiting to feel better but going into month 10 I'm feeling very negative and stuck.

Ha...this ten month is so shitty my ticker below even stopped counting right.  Wtf?!

That's strange! Just the other day it said 9 months and 4 weeks. Just skipped over huh?

well I can't believe what I did today and I'm pretty proud of myself. I have annual MRI's of my brain and spine because of Lyme disease. I didn't think I cpuld go through with it because of withdrawal and anxiety and whatnot. But I am here to report that I made it. I'm so proud of myself. I will get the results back for a couple of days but the fact that I was able to sit still in the machine is a miracle in itself.

Yup...skipped a week or so.  :idiot:

GREAT JOB!  Proud of you.

Thank you Drew! I prayed and kept reciting a prayer in my head the whole time. The technician was super!!!

Glad I have that behind me!!!

MRIs aren't cool, but I handled it with no benzos or any meds!

Loving mother your so brave and such a survivor you will be rewarded for your strength! Still keeping you in Prayer, I have had it rough in month 10 and month 11 I am still struggling some but a little better than 10. Hang tough!! ☺️☺️

Hi Marj,

So the person you talked to said around months 10 through 12 is rough for many?  That would encourage me as I'm feeling the absolute worst I have so far.  Keep waiting to feel better but going into month 10 I'm feeling very negative and stuck.

Hi SoCaler,

Yes, she said a lot of people around this time frame seem to have a rough time and she talks to a lot of people; it is very difficult to get through. She has also being doing this for 26 years. I feel very lucky to have this support.

It is so hard I know but stay strong. This month has been difficult; I had one day last week where I thought I'd turned a corner, only to go right back into it. Just exhausting.

Keep going, we will all make it eventually  :thumbsup:

Well done LM  :smitten: See how strong you are. We do suprise ourselves sometimes  :thumbsup:

Hi Marj,

Hi SoCaler,

Yes, she said a lot of people around this time frame seem to have a rough time and she talks to a lot of people; it is very difficult to get through. She has also being doing this for 26 years. I feel very lucky to have this support.

It is so hard I know but stay strong. This month has been difficult; I had one day last week where I thought I'd turned a corner, only to go right back into it. Just exhausting.

Keep going, we will all make it eventually  :thumbsup:

Well done LM  :smitten: See how strong you are. We do suprise ourselves sometimes  :thumbsup:

Thank you marj and bluebyu! I still can't believe I did it! I told the radiologist he was so comforting and just what I needed! God was truly in that MRI machine with me!

Aqua...thanks! Praying this month will be a whole lot better!!! Prayer is powerful!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Sh...]
    • [El...]
    • [Gi...]
    • [...]
    • [Ay...]
    • [Ap...]
    • [pi...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [le...]