Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

LM-You had so many tests :-\  The breathing stuff is so common for us.  I often have trouble taking a deep breath, feels like a belt is around my rib cage, adn get pains all the time.  Add in out of breath and dizziness it's amazing we are alive. :D    You can see the dr. but we are 99.9% sure it's withdrawal :smitten:

Drew, I'm a peculiar case because you have to remember I also have Lyme disease. The shortness of breath was one of my first symptoms of Lyme disease so we don't know if it's Lyme disease or withdrawal. I will say this it really kicked up after I jumped so I'm at a point where I don't know what to differentiate. There are certain symptoms I never had with Lyme disease & its all w/d but unfortunately this is a symptom that has been with me before the benzodiazepine even started. It eased up tremendously with treatment. But I get scared...I didn't have perfect health before this stupid drug. Before Lyme I ran marathons, danced, performed...Lyme snatched that away and benzo w/d made it worse.

I'm praying in due time the Lyme, viruses it caused & benzo w/d stops  :'(

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

LM I hope you feel better soon! I had the flu a few weeks ago, and I know how being sick can make wd worse :( The good news is after the flu went away I had a pretty great window for a while. Hopefully these waves go away soon.

I hope everyone's doing swell. My wave continues, but I'm trying to keep my spirits up. It seems to be getting longer between waves now which is what everyone says happens. Keep up the good work people! 

Well today I am 10 months off and really thought I would be over this by now UGH!!! Maybe in a way it is a good thing not to know beforehand how utterly crappy this ordeal is. I haven’t posted much recently but have kept up to date on how everyone is doing both here and on the 12 – 18 month board. I do feel like I am in good company with all you brave souls; the endurance needed to get through this is incredible. Give yourselves a huge pat on the back – difficult I know!

Today I feel ‘fed up’, a bit irritated and my head has felt like it is filled with concrete again, although it does feel like its lifting slightly after my lunch time walk. I am at work although, I feel quite disinterested even though I know I need to keep my mind distracted , I just feel lazy and blah. Maybe a lack of decent sleep is playing a part. I have hardly any if any motivation, which I detest.

It’s hard to gauge how things are progressing as it’s soooo slow and symptoms change day to day. I felt like I was doing ok until any stress enters the equation and then boom, you are reminded how fragile you are. I just cry at times like this and feel unstable again but try to tell myself it will pass.  Acceptance is really important I believe, although very difficult. Negative thoughts are never far away which again is part of this ordeal; we just seem to be attracted to everything negative about ourselves and of course the belief that things will never get better and that the damage is permanent.

I too can relate to the breathing thing, sometimes my respitory system feels irritated or inflamed, sort of burns, that goes up into my throat and mouth.  On a positive my muscles are not as painful. I actually feel very uneasy about saying anything positive for fear of jinxing myself!!! Just crazy.  :idiot:

LM, May I ask? What are you doing currently to build & bolster your immune system?

Mrs. :smitten:

A lot...too much to go into detail. I have to keep my immune system built up due to Lyme. I was doing pretty well until benzo w/d.

LM I hope you feel better soon! I had the flu a few weeks ago, and I know how being sick can make wd worse :( The good news is after the flu went away I had a pretty great window for a while. Hopefully these waves go away soon.

I hope everyone's doing swell. My wave continues, but I'm trying to keep my spirits up. It seems to be getting longer between waves now which is what everyone says happens. Keep up the good work people!

A window would be super! It sucks to work in an office with tons of people coughing, sneezing and not knowing when to stay home, breathing in recycled air (I plan on getting a filter for my space). Praying for a window...it will come soon.  :smitten:

MARJ! Happy 10 months off!!!!! Woooo hoooooo! Praying for symptoms to fade and for more windows to come!  :smitten:

LM, May I ask? What are you doing currently to build & bolster your immune system?

A lot...too much to go into detail. I have to keep my immune system built up due to Lyme. I was doing pretty well until benzo w/d.

Wonderful :) Feel better!!

A window would be super! It sucks to work in an office with tons of people coughing, sneezing and not knowing when to stay home, breathing in recycled air (I plan on getting a filter for my space). Praying for a window...it will come soon.  :smitten:

MARJ! Happy 10 months off!!!!! Woooo hoooooo! Praying for symptoms to fade and for more windows to come!  :smitten:

Thanks LM

I know what you mean about work, luckily we can open windows and I get out for a walk every lunchtime.

This breathing thing has come over me again, it's weird. It's not hyperventilating but like I can't get a full deep breath and it feels all tingly inside my body. Jeez, how do we do this day in day out? Dizziness is issue too lately ugh!!!! I'm hoping once the spring comes things will be better for us. Keep your pecker up :smitten:

On the breathing note, I take very deep breathes and sometimes my throat gets sore with this. I'm going to have very well developed lungs and diaphragm eventualy :)

Thanks LM

I know what you mean about work, luckily we can open windows and I get out for a walk every lunchtime.

This breathing thing has come over me again, it's weird. It's not hyperventilating but like I can't get a full deep breath and it feels all tingly inside my body. Jeez, how do we do this day in day out? Dizziness is issue too lately ugh!!!! I'm hoping once the spring comes things will be better for us. Keep your pecker up :smitten:

I know how you feel. My cardiologist said to drink lots and lots of water. Between the air, cold, office environment, we gotta stay hydrated (he knows about my breathing stuff too).

By spring we will be 1 year off (well...a month into spring). Looking forward to it!

Bailey I will keep taking deep breaths and yes we will be able to scuba dive after this fiasco, it can hit me, then go away for days, then slam me again. Oh month 9 off...what a doozy.

Drew hang in there...dry tonsils :-( yuck indeed!

Congratulations Marj! 10 months is a tremendous accomplishment.

Just wanted to add my voice here too...

Marj, congrats! I just reached my 10 month mark also! Keep on keeping on...we will get through this! -R.

Marj, congrats! I just reached my 10 month mark also! Keep on keeping on...we will get through this! -R.

Happy 10 months off marj and Robert!!!

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/electionacademy/images/10th-birthday-cake.jpg

Thanks LM! I know that you have been struggling of late, so very sorry. I admire your strength. Take good care of yourself. -R.

Thanks LM! I know that you have been struggling of late, so very sorry. I admire your strength. Take good care of yourself. -R.

Thank you for your wishes and to LM for the cake (How I miss cake, chocolate and generally sweetness)  ???

Cannot believe the ordeal of this. Yesterday was so hard due to stress at work. I ended up feeling awful DR and when I got home I was so exhausted, however I listened to Baylissa's new Youtube video and it really helped. I urge you all to listen. Today is better although I feel very shaky, probably the after effects of yesterday and some head pressure. Oh well, onwards and upwards troopers :thumbsup:

love to you all  :smitten:

Thank you for your wishes and to LM for the cake (How I miss cake, chocolate and generally sweetness)  ???

Cannot believe the ordeal of this. Yesterday was so hard due to stress at work. I ended up feeling awful DR and when I got home I was so exhausted, however I listened to Baylissa's new Youtube video and it really helped. I urge you all to listen. Today is better although I feel very shaky, probably the after effects of yesterday and some head pressure. Oh well, onwards and upwards troopers :thumbsup:

love to you all  :smitten:

You're welcome marj and thank you...it's been up and down. Praying you feel less shaky as the day goes on. I'm a little on edge too. Robert thanks as well.

Update:I went to the ENT doctor. This is the one I wanted to see back in the summer. He said benzo w/d is the pits!!!! He did check my ears, they look fine from the outside but my inner ear is still angry. Also a lot of inflammation in my throat and sinuses. So that is not helping things. He said he wants to get the inflammation down and prayerfully that will help alleviate some stuff too (bad cold and I have allergies). He wants to follow up in a month. He doesn't like the balance stuff at all and wants to help where he can until I am totally better (post Lyme and benzo w/d)!

A great doctor, benzo smart, does natural manuevers of the head and what not to help and believes in low dose meds...even allergy stuff. He's not about doping you up. I admire that  :smitten:

LM, that is great! :)

PS gang: Today is my 3 month benzo freedom day! Hooray! :yippee:

Happy Valentine's Day, in advance! :smitten:

Thank you Mrs!

Wow 3 months off and Valentine's weekend! That calls for a celebration!!! Praying for much healing and an easy road to get to 100% healing!

Happy 3 months off!!!!

http://cdn.cakecentral.com/b/bd/900x900px-LL-bd7adfe4_gallery8372071331242477.jpeg

Happy Valentines Day!!!

http://www.littlebcakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Pictures-of-Valentine-Cakes.jpg

Congratulations Mrs on your 3 months. You are a tremendously strong woman. Keep at it  :smitten:

10 months not going too well  ??? This is so discouraging and making me believe I will never heal. I know I had a stressful week at work and some teenage stuff that had me in uncontrollable tears last night but today feels like the pits!!! Head pressure/conccrete, ache, body pain, exhausted, blurred vision, neck and shoulders so tight, breathing issues, dizzy.... need I go on. I hate this with a passion :'(

Congratulations Mrs on your 3 months. You are a tremendously strong woman. Keep at it  :smitten:

10 months not going too well  ??? This is so discouraging and making me believe I will never heal. I know I had a stressful week at work and some teenage stuff that had me in uncontrollable tears last night but today feels like the pits!!! Head pressure/conccrete, ache, body pain, exhausted, blurred vision, neck and shoulders so tight, breathing issues, dizzy.... need I go on. I hate this with a passion :'(

Hey there marj...

...I'm 10 months out also and am now getting slammed after a relatively mild month of January. It is disturbing, to say the least. It is like going through a "mini" acute all over. I had the privilege of speaking to Baylissa Fredericks on the phone about a week ago. She said that it was not uncommon to have a surge of intense symptoms this far out. All of the symptoms you list, I too  am getting right now. I hate this too, but what can we do but to go through and persevere. I know one thing, I have been through far, far too much of this sh*t only to stop now. If anything, I am more determined than ever to see this through to recovery. So, dear marj, I'm right here with you, going through this same thing. Take good care my friend! -R.

Hi everyone,

I just want to let all those who are suffering in the 9-12 month range that it is completely normal. I had probably the worst wave I ever had at the 9/10 month mark. It felt like a huge setback and I felt like I was starting month 1 all over again. Honestly it took me a few months to get back to baseline, but I felt much better at the 12 month mark. You are all so very close, so try not to get discouraged -- you are healing even when you don't feel it. I know how tired and frustrated your all feeling right now, I felt exactly the same way, these are tough months your in right now-- it gets better so keep hanging on  :smitten:

Hey there marj...

...I'm 10 months out also and am now getting slammed after a relatively mild month of January. It is disturbing, to say the least. It is like going through a "mini" acute all over. I had the privilege of speaking to Baylissa Fredericks on the phone about a week ago. She said that it was not uncommon to have a surge of intense symptoms this far out. All of the symptoms you list, I too  am getting right now. I hate this too, but what can we do but to go through and persevere. I know one thing, I have been through far, far too much of this sh*t to stop now. If anything, I am more determined than ever to see this through to recovery. So, dear marj, I'm right here with you, going through this same thing. Take good care my friend! -R.

Robert

Thank you so much for replying to my post. This really is relentless isn't it and as much as I do not want you to be suffering, it does reassure me that you have the same symptoms. I too have no intention of giving up and will see this to the end...the end of the rainbow hopefully, where everything is ok again (as much as possible anyway).

Wow Baylissa, I too spoke to her a couple of weeks ago (isn't that a coincidence). She is a remarkable woman and I am just about listen to her new youtube recording again as it helps a lot.

I have just had a walk and feel a bit better if not still exhausted... this thing robs us o so much. Hope you get some relief and thanks again for soldiering on with me  :thumbsup:

Bless you

Hi everyone,

I just want to let all those who are suffering in the 9-12 month range that it is completely normal. I had probably the worst wave I ever had at the 9/10 month mark. It felt like a huge setback and I felt like I was starting month 1 all over again. Honestly it took me a few months to get back to baseline, but I felt much better at the 12 month mark. You are all so very close, so try not to get discouraged -- you are healing even when you don't feel it. I know how tired and frustrated your all feeling right now, I felt exactly the same way, these are tough months your in right now-- it gets better so keep hanging on  :smitten:

Jenny - you are an Angel for coming on here to help us and give us hope. I've never needed as much reassurance in my life. I'm so happy for you to be feeling better and hopefully this is it for you...up all the way :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [SB...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [le...]
    • [pi...]
    • [...]
    • [En...]
    • [ca...]
    • [De...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [...]