Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

Hi Drew:

I jumped the same time you did.  April 2014.  Have had an awesome few months.  Yesterday I started feeling a bit crappy and really tired.  Nauseous all night with very little sleep and today I hung out on the couch resting for most of it.  So glad my family was all at school today.

Weird how we can do so well for so long then hit out of the blue.

Domestic Advisor

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so happy you have felt good for months.  I have been the opposite but I am healing. Yes...onw of the great mysteries and most frustrating part of this is non linear healing.  We all change on a dime.

Hello all...

...it has been awhile, so I thought I wold check in...I'm 9 months and a few weeks out as I write this.

I had a "big heal" about two weeks ago, and I think that I may have turned a corner. The terrible agitation/anxiety that has been with me for the last 3 months or so seems to have left. My "rational mind" seems to have returned, along with a sense of confidence and strength...with a little bit of joy thrown in as well. My physical symptoms have improved as well; heart palps, chest pain are far better, much more manageable. My sleep still sucks, I'm able to get about 5 continuous hours, max, but it is light, restless sleep. But hell, I'll take it as it is a lot better than I have had for awhile.

I don't know where withdrawal will take me next...I'm "old hand" enough to know that healing is non-linear, so who knows. I suspect that I will go along like it has; two steps forward, one step back. I would really like to be able to drive on the freeway again, that is something that I have not been able to do hardly at all for the last few years, due to withdrawal. I'm planning to give it a go this week.

Keep going, everyone...we will get our lives back, better than ever before. 

Wow... looks like some of you guys are really doing quite well... this is encouraging & makes me think there might be some hope for me after all  :D

My symptoms list is still very lengthy, though, even at six months.  Jeez.  It sucks.

glad to hear that robert...it's funny...I could hardly drive on the freeway and bridges/tunnels were pure torture.  Once I jumped I had no problems.  I now commute 30 minutes each way which i never did before.  That one will leave and it can go quick.  I forgot I had so much frear/panic driving until you mentioned it.  Seems like a lifetime ago.

Great to hear folks are feeling a little relief. Even if it's slow, progress is progress.

These days I bounce back and forth between feeling ultra positive during a window, and feeling completely doomed during waves. I'm guessing this is normal for the stage we're at. I'll take it, as it's better than always feeling miserable.

LM. That's amazing that you're getting through this AND Lyme, all while raising a child. You must be one tough lady. :thumbsup: I hope you have a nice B day!

Great to hear folks are feeling a little relief. Even if it's slow, progress is progress.

These days I bounce back and forth between feeling ultra positive during a window, and feeling completely doomed during waves. I'm guessing this is normal for the stage we're at. I'll take it, as it's better than always feeling miserable.

LM. That's amazing that you're getting through this AND Lyme, all while raising a child. You must be one tough lady. :thumbsup: I hope you have a nice B day!

Wondernova...it's a Holy Miracle that I'm still standing...what a journey! I've learned a lot in this journey...who my friends are...who is really for us (my son and I) and who isn't.

I'm determined to be symptom-free this year...I feel more optimistic than ever.  :smitten:

I'm in full agreement with you...I do have the doom and gloom feeling at time during a wave. But I'm learning to pray more and be easy with myself. I used to blame myself for how I feel...but it's not my fault...took a long time to realize that.

Hugs to you and everyone!  :hug:

Hi Drew:

I jumped the same time you did.  April 2014.  Have had an awesome few months.  Yesterday I started feeling a bit crappy and really tired.  Nauseous all night with very little sleep and today I hung out on the couch resting for most of it.  So glad my family was all at school today.

Weird how we can do so well for so long then hit out of the blue.

Domestic Advisor

OMG! Hi DA! How are you??? So happy you have felt better...yeah these windows and waves wax and wane. They really do. You're doing great!!! Hugs to you!

Robert...so glad you turned the corner...I'm right behind you. This is so encouraging to hear. I love this line, "Keep going, everyone...we will get our lives back, better than ever before."

When I'm healed I want to go back to marathons...but do a triathalon too...I want to go back too African Dance but I want to perform in a big show called Dance Africa...

Everything I did I want to bump it up several notches! We only have 1 life to live! My son and I are going to have a great life and his mommy will be symptom free! 

serenity, nice to have you with us. Hopefully soon you will be checking things off that list.

BBF, it is great you are seeing somuch progress at the 12 month mark, you have turned the corner.

Robert, so glad you have good news to share. I love the phrases "turned the corner" and "rational mind." I do have my rational mind now, but have not yet tirned the corner.

Drew, you seem in a good place.

This 6-12 month thread seems to see alot of buddies making progress and are aware of their progress. Lets keep it up! Yea!

I am not doing well, but signed on tonight for some hope, and you all delivered it. Thank you.

Cindy, that "rational mind" is on it's way back to you :) Mine is returning more and more everyday :) Soon, it will be fully back for both of us!

Mrs. :smitten:

I might have asked rhis already...forgive me. I'm 8.5 months off as most of you know...why am I getting symptoms that I had in acute again. Like jelly legs, spatial disorientation, I went outside and my legs trembled :-( my balance has not been this screwed up in some time.

I guess this is healing...but its hard  :tickedoff:

Despite how I feel I still went to Ruby Tuesday and used my birthday coupon and got an avocado turkey burger and sweet potato fries! I got it "TueGo!"

I refuse to give in to these crazy a** symptoms this weekend!

Hi LovingMother:

Thank you so much for posting.  I have had a good few months and now I am alao crashing  as in acute as well.  Why???

I have had sudden dizzy spella this week, severe lack of energy and tiredness, tummy issues and rapid rapid loud heart palps.  I feel helpless.

Domestic Advisor

Hi LovingMother:

Thank you so much for posting.  I have had a good few months and now I am alao crashing  as in acute as well.  Why???

I have had sudden dizzy spella this week, severe lack of energy and tiredness, tummy issues and rapid rapid loud heart palps.  I feel helpless.

Domestic Advisor

Healing is truly not linear!  :tickedoff:

Happy to report I'm back in a glorious window.  Two days so far of effortless mind and only cortisol rushes after 25 minutes of exercise. 

The best thing about the windows are that I WANT to do things outside the house instead of have to. 

Btw-happy birthday LM :smitten:

Keep posting Drew...I am following every single word and feeling close to the same. I think your utter belief that healing happens and when it's over its over is more bedrock than mine....but I think I am gradually getting there...Your posts are encouraging. So happy for you that you are seeing good strong healing... ...hoping you get a third ( and many many more) wide open day of the effortless mind....coop

10 months off feeling ok with slight skin crawling and fear but other than that I'm good, that just happened today after being in a perfect window for around 7 days.

Keep posting Drew...I am following every single word and feeling close to the same. I think your utter belief that healing happens and when it's over its over is more bedrock than mine....but I think I am gradually getting there...Your posts are encouraging. So happy for you that you are seeing good strong healing... ...hoping you get a third ( and many many more) wide open day of the effortless mind....coop

I'll second that! Here's to more an more effortless mind days....until that day when that is all there is, and withdrawal is finally over.

A little over 6 months off, symptoms seem to have come back in full force.  Blood pressure spikes, head and neck pressure overwhelming anxiety.  Hope it will not last too long.

A little over 6 months off, symptoms seem to have come back in full force.  Blood pressure spikes, head and neck pressure overwhelming anxiety.  Hope it will not last too long.

Sweet Pea, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this, but know that it is temporary and that what has got you through to this point will see you through the rest of the way.

I had the biggest set back around the 6 month mark...all of the symptoms returned with vengeance, especially the anxiety...it really through me off. I had all of the symptoms that you list. At a little past 9 months, they are almost gone. What remains is much more manageable. I mention this to give you some encouragement. Hang in there! -R.

Sweet Pea, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this, but know that it is temporary and that what has got you through to this point will see you through the rest of the way.

I had the biggest set back around the 6 month mark...all of the symptoms returned with vengeance, especially the anxiety...it really through me off. I had all of the symptoms that you list. At a little past 9 months, they are almost gone. What remains is much more manageable. I mention this to give you some encouragement. Hang in there! -R.

Thanks 63-Robert, you know it is just sooooo frustrating to get to a point where you think wow I feel better.  Then the symptoms just seem to pile on.  I had dinner tonight at 6:45 pm.  Spag and sausage.  Got SOB and wave of anxiety at 7:30 pm.  Checked blood glucose - 125.  (used to be diabetic II until I lost 70 lbs and exercised.)  I can't figure it out, just have to settle down and relax (relax ha ha).

Sweet pea

Thanks 63-Robert, you know it is just sooooo frustrating to get to a point where you think wow I feel better.  Then the symptoms just seem to pile on.  I had dinner tonight at 6:45 pm.  Spag and sausage.  Got SOB and wave of anxiety at 7:30 pm.  Checked blood glucose - 125.  (used to be diabetic II until I lost 70 lbs and exercised.)  I can't figure it out, just have to settle down and relax (relax ha ha).

Sweet pea

Hang loose, Sweet pea ~ it gets sooo much better!  Your body is just shifting and adjusting for more healing to commence  :thumbsup:

Love to you,

Mrs. :smitten:

10 months off feeling ok with slight skin crawling and fear but other than that I'm good, that just happened today after being in a perfect window for around 7 days.

A 7 day window! that's amazing I am so glad that you're feeling better at 10 months off! I know you have a couple of sometimes but I know it beats all the other things you probably been through too!

Happy healing!

mrs, I always love reading your posts, you always give us so much hope. Thank you.

lovingmother and domestic, What a rollercoaster ride we are on, I am on the same ride at 9.5 mons off, seems like back in acute. All we can do is hold on. And we seem to have lots of company.

Drew, I am so happy for you, great to hear about your window.

Robert, so glad things are going so well for you.

sweetpea, is the point for me tht I was so tired of all of this, But you will be turning the corner soon. It does get better.

Thanks for all the encouragement and kind words.  We do need that.

I have just finished seven crappy days.  Today I woke up with a tiny bit of nausea and nothing else.  Was able to do  major grocery and supply shopping.  I even used a bunch of coupons and apps to save extra money.  The mind was able to function normally with no panic.  Yeah!!!  Praying for a long window again.  I am not greedy, just hopeful.

Off to a ski trip with the school at Blue Mountain tomorrow with my younger two.  They are 13 and 15.  So glad this is happening this week and not last. :angel:

Cheers and blessings to each one of you!

Domestic Advisor

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [El...]
    • [Dr...]
    • [An...]
    • [Po...]
    • [...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [le...]
    • [ra...]
    • [ca...]
    • [Ro...]