Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

Bailey-that is a given.  many of our spouses suffer from compassion fatigue or ignorance.  I can see the reasons though.  If you weren't experiencing this would you believe it possible?

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Drew, I needed to hear that. I'm surprised by his behavior but I guess he needs to take care of himself too.

We have no social life because of this and I've gotten used to that. This is hard on us both.

Yes, my new doc was less stunned! She was the one who said I can take the CoQ10! I'm not taking statins again!

:smitten:

Good, I'm glad to hear that.  Doctors on TV said they didn't know pain meds were addictive, they were taught they weren't, that's why they overprescribed.  Using that premise, they really don't know much about any of the drugs they prescribe.  So I need to be very cautious about anything I take.  I will never, ever blindly fill a script and just take the pill.  And I'm one on here who takes total responsibility for getting addicted and staying on long term.  Now that I have my newfound mental clarity, I get to use it lol.

I'm with you GreenIce!!

Bailey

We walk a fine line, balancing the need to take care of ourselves -- even if we never have before, we sure do need to now! -- and not wearing out caretakers, spouses, friends, adult children, whoever we have in our lives.

I found myself having to explain to people in my life that I was too sick to be there for them.  Think about that for a minute. :smitten:

Yes, my new doc was less stunned! She was the one who said I can take the CoQ10! I'm not taking statins again!

what does coq10 do to you and what are the ramifications if I take it? I was on it but I had to stop because it made me feel very off

what does coq10 do to you and what are the ramifications if I take it? I was on it but I had to stop because it made me feel very off

LM,

From my brief understanding of it, it is actually something that the body produces, and is used as energy in our cells. It also is supposed to help improve circulation and other functions that improve cardiovascular health, but I am uncertain of its mechanism(s) in those functions :)

Hope y'all are doing well! Take care buddies :)

Mrs. :smitten:

I saw the discussion of statins.  I have been on low dose crestor for years now.  I am not aware of sxs.  I was told you may expect some muscle tightness.  I have had a bit of that in my legs for years and can't say it is related to the crestor.  Liver function is fine.  My cholesterol is where it should be and I can eat foods I really like in moderation.  Again, this is just me and I understand folks fear of taking any new med after all we've been through.

LM,

From my brief understanding of it, it is actually something that the body produces, and is used as energy in our cells. It also is supposed to help improve circulation and other functions that improve cardiovascular health, but I am uncertain of its mechanism(s) in those functions :)

Hope y'all are doing well! Take care buddies :)

Hi there, I know what it does as a supplement (I was on it in the beginning of my Lyme Disease journey). But now that I'm in benzo w/d what can it do to me that isn't good (I should have rephrased my question). When I tried taking it last month I felt very off, lots of head pressure, balance was off even more :-(

Not sure if anyone else had problems trying to take it.

Hi LM,

In regards to withdrawal, I am uncertain how it could impact us in ways that we don't want it to. We could theorize, but I don't know if it would be accurate. You'll probably just need to try and/or retry it along your healing path until you tolerate it well again.

The only thing I can think of is, since it helps with cellular energy and circulation, in theory it might feel a bit "charging" or "energizing" to take. I do not have this sort of response to it at all, and nor have I ever read of another buddy experiencing this -- it is only a theory. The brain pressure & balance issues may have been coincidental. Or, it may be because of the improved circulation, perhaps. Again, that is only in theory. They actually have a lot of medical tests done on CoQ10 and migraines (you can find many on PubMed.org's website), and how effective it is in helping to reduce their frequency and/or intensity. Many studies have shown a consistent 30-40% reduction. So I'd be surprised to see it "create" head issues, lol, but I've also learned that in withdrawal, there ARE NO RULES!! Haha! : :laugh:

Take care dear,

Hi LM,

In regards to withdrawal, I am uncertain how it could impact us in ways that we don't want it to. We could theorize, but I don't know if it would be accurate. You'll probably just need to try and/or retry it along your healing path until you tolerate it well again.

The only thing I can think of is, since it helps with cellular energy and circulation, in theory it might feel a bit "charging" or "energizing" to take. I do not have this sort of response to it at all, and nor have I ever read of another buddy experiencing this -- it is only a theory. The brain pressure & balance issues may have been coincidental. Or, it may be because of the improved circulation, perhaps. Again, that is only in theory. They actually have a lot of medical tests done on CoQ10 and migraines (you can find many on PubMed.org's website), and how effective it is in helping to reduce their frequency and/or intensity. Many studies have shown a consistent 30-40% reduction. So I'd be surprised to see it "create" head issues, lol, but I've also learned that in withdrawal, there ARE NO RULES!! Haha! : :laugh:

Take care dear,

By the time this W/D ride is over we will have Ph.D's in benzo w/d! We will be able to help tons of people who are coming behind us in benzo w/d.

What you said makes sense...maybe it put my body into overdrive. I will try again at some point.

Drew...my buddy...sorry about the fear. What the heck :-( praying that the next month off will be a lot better for us all!  :smitten:

Hi all...just popping in to say hello.  Made it through one of the worst adrenaline fear rushes from 5-8am this morning.  We having fun yet?

You should have seen me try to go to the mall today!!!!  :D

Merry Christmas and peace to all of you here, my dear friends and fellow benzo-warriors!

Let 2015 be the year of rapid and complete healing to us all!!!

Does anyone else feel this time of year has set them back or caused a wave? I know I am a worrier by nature and I had been stressing about spoiling Christmas for my kids and apart from massive shaking on Christmas morning while they were opening their presents, I didn't. I do feel that this has set me back. Either that or I'm experiencing the worst wave through this entire process.

This is the first Christmas since we lost my sister and dad that I haven't been on valium so maybe there is lots of grief there too. I just know that I am sick of feeling like this which is worse than ever and it's like I'm stuck this way, I'm scared.

I'm due to start a new job on 5th January so now I'm stressing about that - this whole thing is making me angry. I don't know what's real anymore.

Does anyone else feel this time of year has set them back or caused a wave? I know I am a worrier by nature and I had been stressing about spoiling Christmas for my kids and apart from massive shaking on Christmas morning while they were opening their presents, I didn't. I do feel that this has set me back. Either that or I'm experiencing the worst wave through this entire process.

This is the first Christmas since we lost my sister and dad that I haven't been on valium so maybe there is lots of grief there too. I just know that I am sick of feeling like this which is worse than ever and it's like I'm stuck this way, I'm scared.

I'm due to start a new job on 5th January so now I'm stressing about that - this whole thing is making me angry. I don't know what's real anymore.

This time of year brings on quiet a bit of stress, and unfortunately, we don't handle stress too well in withdrawal. You have a lot on your plate, marj. The stress of trying to function and be there for loved ones when we are still sick, grieving for lost loved ones, and the anxiousness of starting a new job is enough for anyone to feel overwhelmed. Please realize that you are handling all of this with incredible strength and what your feeling is natural. Also take heart that the withdrawal your experiencing in temporary...it too, shall pass. We will all come out of this withdrawal nightmare, and the incredible thing is that we will be benzo free....huge!

I am in one of my worst waves of this deal.  Obsessive thinking of death and health anxiety.  UGH :sick:

The dark thoughts over health just suck...ugh! I get those too.  I'm sorry to hear that your in a wave, but I know that you know that it will pass (my mantra :)).Hang in there my friend! -R.

This time of year brings on quiet a bit of stress, and unfortunately, we don't handle stress too well in withdrawal. You have a lot on your plate, marj. The stress of trying to function and be there for loved ones when we are still sick, grieving for lost loved ones, and the anxiousness of starting a new job is enough for anyone to feel overwhelmed. Please realize that you are handling all of this with incredible strength and what your feeling is natural. Also take heart that the withdrawal your experiencing in temporary...it too, shall pass. We will all come out of this withdrawal nightmare, and the incredible thing is that we will be benzo free....huge!

Thank you Robert for your supportive reply. I wish I could recognize my strength as I relentlessly beat myself up; I've always been hard on myself, however this 'thing' has accentuated it. if I am strong then so is everyone else who is going through or gone through this as it is the hardest most torturing thing ever ( I read somewhere that 85% of people who stop this poison reinstate). What I also find so remarkable is that the people on here are mostly so lovely and caring and I ask why do horrible things happen to such good people? I'm just hoping that the Christmas thing has just brought on a wave that will ease off. I have felt it building recently tbh.

I hope you are doing well yourself Robert :smitten: 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Kl...]
    • [...]
    • [Mu...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [...]
    • [Os...]