Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

Green ... that is the book that started me down the road to recovery ... just about five years ago ...

If anyone is interested in "trauma" ... Bessel van der Kolk "The Body Keeps The Score" ... another "survey" book that takes us through the history of our understanding of trauma and where things stand today ... also, a "statement" book ... he writes about where he started in research some 30 or so years ago and the journey he took coming to the understanding he has today ... the best and most up-to-date I have read ... and I have read a lot ...

:)

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

wow...think we are having a bad day...I just went to the chiro and missed a window washer fall from my building by ten minutes.  he fell eleven stories and crushed the back end of a moving car.    :sick:  While this sucks we aren't dying and it's not permanent.  We will heal.

wow...think we are having a bad day...I just went to the chiro and missed a window washer fall from my building by ten minutes.  he fell eleven stories and crushed the back end of a moving car.    :sick:  While this sucks we aren't dying and it's not permanent.  We will heal.

Oh my God Drew...praying for that window washer. You're right...we are not dying! Healing feels terrible at times but...we are healing :-)

I'm glad you're okay too!

Well, I missed my one-week anniversary by one day, but oh well :P  Hoorah, one week free! :yippee:  Feels good great to not have to mix liquids, juggle bottles, listen to phone alarms for doses, etc ;D 

Just chillaxing now :) Take care buddies!

Mrs. :smitten:

Green ... that is the book that started me down the road to recovery ... just about five years ago ...

If anyone is interested in "trauma" ... Bessel van der Kolk "The Body Keeps The Score" ... another "survey" book that takes us through the history of our understanding of trauma and where things stand today ... also, a "statement" book ... he writes about where he started in research some 30 or so years ago and the journey he took coming to the understanding he has today ... the best and most up-to-date I have read ... and I have read a lot ...

That sounds good, I'll check it out.

Drew, I'm always very grateful.  I know this sucks, but a lot of bad things happen to a lot of ppl every day, and I know things could always be worse

Well, I missed my one-week anniversary by one day, but oh well :P  Hoorah, one week free! :yippee:  Feels good great to not have to mix liquids, juggle bottles, listen to phone alarms for doses, etc ;D 

Just chillaxing now :) Take care buddies!

[/quo

Congrats!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I have been getting better and better lately. I find that when I started reentry I had a tough time of it in that I almost forgot how to function in the "real world". As I moved into normal life more and more I felt better and better. It's like they say -- A body in motion stays in motion and a mind in motion stays in motion... So I just had a hard time restarting the engine but once I started a routine then I started to feel good again. I have been highly productive. I do think there is some merit in not giving your symptoms attention by distracting yourself ( I know that it is easier said then to done) but it seems to be a game changer for me.

I have had wine and have had no problem yesterday. I did have a bit too much to drink last night and I was never a big drinker -- I felt just plain hung over. I think that it is healthy to push our selves as much as possible and to get through the turbulent atmosphere. It like a spaceship -- it has a bunch of stress and turbulence while exiting this atmosphere but once you break through you simply feel calm and much better -- I feel that is what happened to me.

I can not say enough how much all of you an BB helped me get through this most trying time. I can say with 100% certainty that things do get better -- much better. I still have allot of stress in my life but I am dealing with it just fine so far. I pray for each and everyone of you --  that you may have a rapid healing. We are all going to heal! I know this!  :thumbsup:

Life

I felt a symptom transition which announced itself at 4am.  Woke with eye pressure, headache, and loose bowels. All bloating of Benzo belly gone. Headache has lessened but I really think it was just my brain deciding to switch my symptoms.  I have DR, anxiety, and other weird brain stuff.  Tummy is terrible but happy bloating and pan have left for now.

Feel bad as I was supposed to go to a movie in a few hours but I don't think it wise.

I'm not freaking but I keep just repeating " this is my brain healing". Ugh! :crazy:

Hi everyone,

I have been getting better and better lately. I find that when I started reentry I had a tough time of it in that I almost forgot how to function in the "real world". As I moved into normal life more and more I felt better and better. It's like they say -- A body in motion stays in motion and a mind in motion stays in motion... So I just had a hard time restarting the engine but once I started a routine then I started to feel good again. I have been highly productive. I do think there is some merit in not giving your symptoms attention by distracting yourself ( I know that it is easier said then to done) but it seems to be a game changer for me.

I have had wine and have had no problem yesterday. I did have a bit too much to drink last night and I was never a big drinker -- I felt just plain hung over. I think that it is healthy to push our selves as much as possible and to get through the turbulent atmosphere. It like a spaceship -- it has a bunch of stress and turbulence while exiting this atmosphere but once you break through you simply feel calm and much better -- I feel that is what happened to me.

I can not say enough how much all of you an BB helped me get through this most trying time. I can say with 100% certainty that things do get better -- much better. I still have allot of stress in my life but I am dealing with it just fine so far. I pray for each and everyone of you --  that you may have a rapid healing. We are all going to heal! I know this!  :thumbsup:

Life

Life this is absolutely fantastic news and thank you for coming back on and sharing with us!!!!

Hi everyone,

Life

Life this is absolutely fantastic news and thank you for coming back on and sharing with us!!!!

^^^ I concur!! :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

Life

Life, this sounds very much like a success story. I am very, very happy for you.  You and Jenny share a date, and she has also been doing well.

Just over 6 and a half months free from Xanax guys and woke up really down today.  Went to church and felt terrible there.  That scares me to feel bad at church... but it's just a building. Just looking for some encouragement.

WORD FOR THE DAY

Sunday, Nov. 23

Hope, O my soul, hope. You know neither the day nor the hour. Watch carefully, for everything passes quickly, even though your impatience turns a very short time into a long one.

St. Teresa of Avila

The Way of Perfection

SoCaler ...

Good to hear from you ... getting on towards 7 moths off ... that is a marvelous accomplishment ... and you really are a long, long way along your road to recovery ...

This little band of travelers have been together for a while ... encouraging, kind and helpful folks on this thread ... and some of us are now "splitting" our time between here and the "12 - 18 month group" ... if this group is a little "quiet" you are more than welcome to join in on the other thread ... some wonderful "veterans" of recovery over there ... we don't pay much attention to "months off" ... everything we experience is recovery, no matter where we are on our path ...

And yes, we certainly can experience places or buildings as somewhat scary sometimes ... and it is likely that it is not the "location" ... it is probably a combination of being out and about and some whispers of "benzo lies" ...

And we all feel "down" from time to time ... just part of recovery ...

If you are feeling down and restless in a place you often find "comfort", perhaps you may be able to "just be there" ... let the "down" be there as well ... and just "go slow" for a while ... sitting there and allowing the healing and comfort of the place to enfold you for a while ... a few moments of "self-care" can often go a long way ...

Take care ... you are doing well ... this can just take a long time ... you are giving yourself a precious gift ...

Michael

:smitten:

WORD FOR THE DAY

Sunday, Nov. 23

Hope, O my soul, hope. You know neither the day nor the hour. Watch carefully, for everything passes quickly, even though your impatience turns a very short time into a long one.

St. Teresa of Avila

The Way of Perfection

what is so amazing about this word is the Catholic Church I went to as a child is named St. Teresa of Avila. :-) thank you for sharing.

Hi SoCaler. I agree with Nova...this journey is so hard and difficult but this fact that you made it to church says a lot even though you didn't feel well. my girlfriend put it its like we are courting our bodies & reintroducing it to society and going out on a date with ourselves lol. Jefferson times when you start dating you feel awkward but then as time goes on you feel more comfortable.

this is how I feel everyday walking into my job because that building is so huge. I miss going to church between the inner ear disturbance in the weird spatial disorientation and anxiety I just can't go in there yet but I will and I'm praying I make it back in there by the end of the year.

this is a very supportive group and I pray that these next couple to a few months we all turn the corner once and for all.

as Joyce Meyers says who was a minister of the gospel we deserve restoration and we deserve healing and we have to keep telling ourselves that.

Thanks so much Nova Scotia and LovingMother.  Your encouragement is so helpful and calming to me.  The more a accept my current journey the less pressure I put on myself.

SoCaler  ... that is one of the confusing things about this process ... not putting additional stress on ourselves ... there is already enough to go around ...

I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself to feel better.  My wife is wonderful but is having a hard time with me being "checked out" during this withdrawal.  I'm in my head seemingly 24/7 so am appearing selfish.

I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself to feel better.  My wife is wonderful but is having a hard time with me being "checked out" during this withdrawal.  I'm in my head seemingly 24/7 so am appearing selfish.

In this journey, acceptance is crucial.  And I'm still struggling with being "checked out."  So funny that I feel so sick and out of commission, and I'm worrying about how I can't be there more for my adult children, my boy friend, and everybody in my life, really -- basically worrying about how everybody else is being affected by me being out of commission.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Po...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [hu...]
    • [...]