Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

Thanks Green!! I think that's what is so difficult about this process we get slammed by this mental stuff pretty hard along with the physical. Its a double whammy!

Oh, make no mistake, the mental is just as bad as the physical.  I agree.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't read all the post yet but I was just wondering?.. Do you think that some of the symptoms posted on BB are psychosomatic? I am not laughing at the poster here at all BUT bellow is something I read on the main Post W/d thread that got me wondering????? :laugh:

Re: I passed som elephants yesterday and the smell put me into a huge wave :o

Boy I love BB but I really heard it all! Just wanted to get a giggle. ;)

Life

Thank you for more of you hope HH!! Coop-- I can completely relate to what you just posted. Yesterday I was in a deep, deep, dark hopless, crying all day depression and I wake up today and its completely gone. At 11 months out I still can't believe this crap!! How I can go from complete misery to normal within 24hours still baffles my mind. We have to remember that when we are in a wave to not listen to the negative voices, none of that thinking is ours. Take care buddies, jenny

Jenny, still going through all the posts guys and gals,  but here is something that you can take to the bank... Like me my depression comes and goes... TRUE Depression, Drs Tell me, is not like that.. it stays and stays...  I think our brains are just healing and these bursts of depression are healing ones... I'm not making it up..this is 100% w/d symptoms...

Haven't read all the post yet but I was just wondering?.. Do you think that some of the symptoms posted on BB are psychosomatic? I am not laughing at the poster here at all BUT bellow is something I read on the main Post W/d thread that got me wondering????? :laugh:

Life

Life-- this is a joke right??! Did someone actually post this?? Iam rolling on the floor laughing right now!  I pray I don't sound that kooky!

Hi everyone!  I hear a lot of discouragement in many of the posts and I want to remind you that I had my last big wave at 11.5 months.  I spent a few DAYS mostly in bed...which I never allowed myself to do, but I felt pretty awful with physical stuff and fear and anxiety.  It was in the middle of June and I felt so afraid that because I was so far out I shouldn't be getting waves like that...and that it must mean that I wasn't going to heal, or even worse, start majorly backsliding to some unknown horror. 

But, I didn't backslide, and I have had more healing taking place.  I still can feel little waves now and then, but nothing huge.  I believe that within the 2nd year, MUCH healing takes place.  I am going to hit 14 months on Monday.  I can feel some "residual yuck" hanging around the edges, but I'm almost there.  I truly believe that I will be done with benzo symptoms by the time I reach 18 months, and probably before then. 

I finished up In-Service week at school last night with Open House.  It went really, really good!  I enjoyed talking to the parents, I had ZERO anxiety, and only felt calm and pleasant anticipation for this year.  I am realizing how negatively Klonopin affected me in the years before I decided to get off of it.  I used to have so much anxiety at these events, it was miserable.  It was wonderful to have none whatsoever last night!

I am excited about next week with school starting, my new Master's class starting, my daughter's volleyball games starting, and all of the hustle and bustle that comes along with fall.  I am so thankful for where I am at health-wise, even though I still have random times of dealing with that chest anxiety and health-related intrusive thoughts that accompany it.  I know that it will go away also, it just will take a bit more time.  In the meantime, I am going to focus on the positives, seek out joy, give thanks for my many blessings, revel in the deep connections with my family that I can now FEEL and SEE and know they are REAL, and live in the moment that I have of right here and right now. 

I continue to pray for your healing.  It WILL happen.  :smitten:

Wow, HH, you are awesome... You give me so much hope because I was feeling really out of it in the past 4 week wave and really bad last week -- even fantasized about reinstating. I am now in an awsome window today and I think it has to do with the prayers of many, Mommyr  :thumbsup:, and I was feeling allot of healing today. You telling us about your wave in the 11 month really helped me. I am dealing with some outside stressors but its a wonder how when in a window they do not feel or are as bad as in a wave ... not even close. Thank you for posting...

Life

Life

Life-- this is a joke right??! Did someone actually post this?? Iam rolling on the floor laughing right now!  I pray I don't sound that kooky!

It true... look BB is awesome but some of the things we Benzo suffers come up with are well  :idiot:

HI everyone... look we are all going to make it... The average time is 14 month. These symptoms really do suck -- point blank. They suck. Now with that in mind I think that we have to understand that we are in waves and our thinking is going to be negative. For me I have spent months in more windows than waves and then all the sudden this wave hits of 4 months. Is it true that big healing comes after a major wave? Is it? Please... make it so. I want to shed light on my "reinstatement" comment... I was so feeling bad that I fantasied but that is a fantasy that I will never want to come true.. anything for hope the mind says....

Today I saw a post of someone that is I think 16 months out and sounding like he is going to quit... It's on the main post w/d thread... I do not think that this is a wise decision but the point is he is spending time on the protracted sight and getting negative feedback loop. I think we all need to focus on the positives which is what happiness by in large if we wait. I like that Coop suggested a link to a success story.

Now here is the kicker for me... maybe some of you may be able to help. I know that the only reason that I am in a wave is that I am going through a very stressful outside event ...an event that if anyone was to go through it that is "normal" he or she would be stressed. So here I am thinking that this outside event is gong to keep me in a wave until it is concluded on 3 months and that just frightens me. What do I do... there is nothing I can do to change the event.

Life

Life, I'm sorry you're not out of this wave yet.  I was thinking of you, thinking that maybe you're like Healing Hope.  Remember how she turned a corner at around 7-8 months, after bad insomnia and anxiety?  Then she was doing very well.  Then she had that real life stressor, with losing her house?  Remember how that put her into a wave that lasted for quite a while?  And she was so disappointed and shocked that after doing so well, she was in a bad wave again.  I think that's what happened to you, with the lawsuit and the other tragic event.  We're like that four legged stool, even when we think we're better, have all four legs on the ground, the glue is not yet cured and a weight even a little too heavy will bring us down.  I think this makes sense.  HH got better, and so will you.  Go back to basics.

Sue :smitten:

Sue thank you so much...  think you are right... Mine is stress related. Feeling in a window today... first one in weeks.. Let see what happened... Enjoying it.. Love..

life

Hopefully the person who posted the elephant post won't read here. Some people say they are very sensitive to odors and I habit no reason not to believe them. After all the rest of the world and the medical profession basicallytgibks all our strange symptoms are psychsomatic.

If you want to ridicule someones post maybe best done through pm. just a thought.

unless I misunderstand what you folks are saying.

Oh Buddies. I'm tired and overwhelmed. Here's what's going well: chatting with people and being able to follow a conversation, making a list and getting things done in the classroom, connecting on an emotional level with colleagues and children.

Here's what's not going well: it feels like there's not enough time. I have to do everything by the book since my brain's not allowing me to think fast and improvise. I'm really struggling with memory and cognitive processing.

I cried at work today, privately in my classroom. I'm stressed out about all the meetings at this new school and how they eat away the precious time I need to prepare.

I hosted open house in my new class yesterday and I think it went well. I'll meet my students on Tuesday. I hope I'm somehow able to do this. At times I think I'll be ok, and other times it just seems impossible.

My sleep is suffering.

I'm living my sx instead of thinking about them. I'm exhausted.

I'm glad for Coop, LIFE, Jenny and HH that you're having at least some, and in HH's case a lot, of breaks from the waves. I would love to have a window. My healing seems to be different, diminishing symptoms but no windows. I haven't had deep depression for awhile and I continue to be grateful for that.

Sorry for this boring and lengthy update. It's all I got.

Peace

Life...that was exactly the note of levity we needed today...hilarious!...Life..I am so glad you are coming out of your depression...it is such torture...you are beyond strong to keep on marching through 4 weeks of it when every day seems endless. ...Go to the success stories and read Analog 's story....Healed After Seven Year 'Coma '....it is an amazing story. ..Life I am so happy to see you today...love and prayers to you buddy.....coop

JENNY....So so glad to hear that you had a bright and sunny window today...We are rounding 3rd base...not all the way home yet, but soooo close. ...Enjoy your very good day. ...

GREEN.....Sorry to hear that you have dizziness...mine lifted ( for the most part) after 3 days. Today just boatiness....Green, your positivity and optimism is always so encouraging and needed and welcome. When I said I didn't have the energy for rahrahrah I meant I didn't have the energy to do the internal dialouge for myself. ...I love all the positives...sometimes in the thick of an ongoing wave I just can't internalize it. ...You are beacon to us.

....I am hoping these tough waves past 8,9,10, and 11 months are the last big dark waves that HH and others over the hump talk about as ..the tsunami that precedes healing. ..love to you Green...thank you for all you do in this group. ..I had a little relief from dizziness with hot packs to the back of my neck and I wore these ridiculous accupressure bands on my wrists..( speaking of psychosomatic and woowooo people)...I think they helped ..at least on the psychosomatic level. ..lol...and there is always drammamine,  but I recommend the non-drowsy formula. I missed your question about Bonnie until yesterday. Bonnie is like drammamine it is an antihistimine like benedryl and drammamine. It is an antihistimine called mclazine and sold otc like benedryl and drammamine. I used the Bonnie for several days in a row ( about 7...12 mg 2x a day) I felt that I had w/d s/x when I stopped it. I called my pharmacist yesterday to ask about w/d and he said yes, if taken daily over a period of time stopping could be uncomfortable for a few days...I switched over to the non-drowsy drsmamine. Some buddies use benedryl ..or Bonnie for intense anxiety/ panic attacks or sleep. Some report that at some point it lost its sleep effect...The non-drowsy formula drammamine was helpful for dizziness but didn't help the anxiety surges that came with it.....I hope this one leaves you soon....coop

Bobo...I don't think anyone is laughing at the person who posted the ' elephant ' comment..I think we are laughing at the wording. ..We have to be able to laugh at the funny things that happen in w/d ..I don't think anybody meant to minimize the fact that she experienced a wave...coop

Life

It true... look BB is awesome but some of the things we Benzo suffers come up with are well  :idiot:

Well, the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I was in the store shopping and passed by some pumpkin scented candles, I immediately got dizzy,nauseous, and felt off balance. That evening I went into a wave. I am Very sensitive to smells now. It's like certain strong smells hit a nerve in the brain and set it off.

I don't doubt what I read or what people tell me anymore. If someone told me before this withdrawal that they took 50 benzodiazepine in three yrs.and are having horrible withdrawal symptoms I would have said"bullshit". I have judged and I have disbelieved people, I just won't do it anymore.

Bobo...I don't think anyone is laughing at the person who posted the ' elephant ' comment..I think we are laughing at the wording. ..We have to be able to laugh at the funny things that happen in w/d ..I don't think anybody meant to minimize the fact that she experienced a wave...coop

Yes, I think we are laughing more because we can relate, than at the person :P I know I've had "funny" things happen in withdrawal that have been similar type funny experiences! Just gotta laugh sometimes, lol :P No offenses meant by it, of course! :) Take care & enjoy the evening :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Since people can be pretty sensitive I just think it is probably safer to refer to our own actions if we are going to use terms like kooky or throw up the nutty smilie. Or question whether something is psychosomatic. But im probably overreacting

plus i admit i didnt read the original comment anyway so never mind.

Jenny, still going through all the posts guys and gals,  but here is something that you can take to the bank... Like me my depression comes and goes... TRUE Depression, Drs Tell me, is not like that.. it stays and stays...  I think our brains are just healing and these bursts of depression are healing ones... I'm not making it up..this is 100% w/d symptoms...

Life...This is what I have been saying all along.  We are not experiencing clinical depression that would require treatment of some kind.  It is situational and related to the w/d from the meds.  I keep repeating this over and over, I guess in an effort to truly convince myself that this will eventually go away.  Thanks for the reminder.  Always nice to hear this from others. 

Sorry if I offended anyone, it certainly was not my intention. I've never heard of someone smelling something and throwing them in a wave, but I would not put anything past benzo w/d. Once again I'm truly sorry..

Hello all;

Garton thx for posting the differance of clinical and WD depression I needed to hear that today.

This week seems I'm back to the every other day cycle of wave then fair.

Today I started out with the heavy morn anxiety which quickly turned to depression.

I'd like to try and describe the depression I've been dealing with and see if others can relate.

It's begins with this void/emptiness in my chest and stomach.

Then as it intensifies I start to have a difficult time tring to distract from it.

I can carry out a work related conversation but feel I need to cut it short and leave the office because of the extreme desperation I'm feeling.

I start thinking about what supplement or what drug might help me get through cause I feel I can't do another day like this.

I can be alone driving or at home and feel so trapped It feels I'm going to pieces and have ended up crying several times out of desperation.

Audio sensitive / tennitus

This depression can come usually 2-3 times a week. Starts in the am and last through 6-8 pm.

It really feels like this mess will never end.

Sunday anxiety then dep

Monday same less the dep

Tues good day

Wed anx/ dep

Thurs good day evening anx not much sleep

Today anx/ crippling dep

This depression I'm getting feels huge. Wondering if there are any similarities with others?

Thx , jrod

Ahhh, Lisa, I'm sorry you're suffering so much back and fourth.

I can tell you what my wave felt like. My brain locked up, acute symptoms, the feeling of never going to heal, for days.Nausea, dizziness, head pain, nerve pain in hips, legs, and butt. The usual depression and intrusive thoughts that go along with every wave.

When I come out of a wave now, I am able to recognize it is withdrawal, I'm not dying. I still suffer greatly out of a wave, it's just easier to manage as time passes.It's hard to explain but as more time passes you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

As the mind heals so do the physical symptoms.

I also lost a lot of weight and I have just recently put on seven pounds, that means my nervous system is calming down. Yes, I want sugar everyday, still can't have it, a bite of ice cream or frozen yogurt here and there.

We will all heal!!!!  Hugs.

Beulah, that's exactly where I'm at.  I even have a lot of the physical discomfort not in a wave.  But I'm grateful that it's "easier to mange," I guess you know what I mean.  Do you also get the very tired feeling?  lack of motivation to do much?  Is that common and does it pass?

Green, it's very common to feel all of the tiredness and lack of motivation. Look at what we have been through, I'm surprised I can still function at all. My motivation is getting better. Some days are better than others. A lot of days I think of things I would like and need to do but just can't get motivated.

The other day I felt really motivated and went to the craft store to get some supplies and when I got home I didn't want to do any crafts.

All of this stuff is just so up and down with us that we really don't know yet what we want. It's like nothing excites the brain anymore.

All of this will pass with time, which goes super slow when you are suffering.

We are brave soldiers. Hugs.

Beulah, I'm interested in your thyroid issues! If you don't mind my asking!

I have Hashimotos, my TSH isn't off yet...docs should not treat by TSH but they do! When I can find a doc that will treat (early treatment slows thyroid destruction) I plan on using natural desiccated thyroid.

When did you find out you have thyroid issues? How long have you been on Synthroid? Do you feel better on it?

Any information would be appreciated!

:smitten:

GMIT: I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 15 years ago. Throughout the years my dose was gradually increased, I did well until now. I became very sensitive to the synthroid in withdrawl. It causes to much excitement to my cns. I can only take half my dose. My normal dose is 100 mcgs. I have over the months of withdrawl I have increased from 10-50 mcgs. I will slowly increase as w/d allows. While I'm not that educated about thyroid disease,I do plan on seeing an endo after w/d. I hope you do well on your thyroid meds, and hope you get the answers you are looking for from your endo.

Hugs

Oh Buddies. I'm tired and overwhelmed. Here's what's going well: chatting with people and being able to follow a conversation, making a list and getting things done in the classroom, connecting on an emotional level with colleagues and children.

Here's what's not going well: it feels like there's not enough time. I have to do everything by the book since my brain's not allowing me to think fast and improvise. I'm really struggling with memory and cognitive processing.

I cried at work today, privately in my classroom. I'm stressed out about all the meetings at this new school and how they eat away the precious time I need to prepare.

I hosted open house in my new class yesterday and I think it went well. I'll meet my students on Tuesday. I hope I'm somehow able to do this. At times I think I'll be ok, and other times it just seems impossible.

My sleep is suffering.

I'm living my sx instead of thinking about them. I'm exhausted.

I'm glad for Coop, LIFE, Jenny and HH that you're having at least some, and in HH's case a lot, of breaks from the waves. I would love to have a window. My healing seems to be different, diminishing symptoms but no windows. I haven't had deep depression for awhile and I continue to be grateful for that.

Sorry for this boring and lengthy update. It's all I got.

Peace

Hi Peace,

I think that once school gets started and you get into the routine with your students, things will feel easier. Don't lose sight of the fact that in-service week and open house and meeting a bunch of new parents is HARD! It's much harder than doing what we love to do: teaching our students.

You are going through all this at a difficult stage in healing and you are making it. It may feel horrible, but you are making it. There is a significant corner just up ahead...you'll get there.

HH

Cha cha check'in in!

Regarding this wave. It still had me at it's mercy last night but the difference in this wave is that I lost no sense of me.  The biggest culprit last night was terror.  Very interesting sensation... I had the distinct impression I was in the desert at night hiding for my life.  I'm only putting this here because I want you to know how this played out. 

Again I have had great victory in blowing a wave out if it's under a 7. This one had me stymied.  This morning it was below a 7 but I'm rusty in this.  I was stuck in that loop of is this going to end, etc. Thank you Life for reassuring me it will!!  Then my prayer partner kinda smacked me upside the head.  She was healed, yes healed of fybromyalgia and delivered off of SSRI.  She knows what it's like to walk in this.  She is 100% now.

Anyways, she was telling me how when she was struggling she had to stand on Gods word as the truth against her symptoms.  She basically told me to get up and enjoy my family.  Because this stuff is mental, there is a tipping point you can put in your favor.  Mind you, I know couch surfing is about as exciting as some folks can handle. S/x are very real to experience.  I always try to look inside myself and divide the organic away from the lie.  Today I was capable of doing more then I was.  I put on my big girl pants and headed out to the city with MIL and kids.  I did have some nausea, but after I hoisted my 40lb 3 year old onto my back for half a mile I figured I wasn't going to die. 

We ate clam chowder from bread bowls with crab sandwiches and fried calamari.  Then off to see the sea lions at pier 39.  We were gone for hours.  It was wonderful AND San Fran was a blessed 71 degrees with cold wind that felt good on my hot flashes. 

I am laying here feeling good.  I don't know if I will sleep or if I call this wave over.  Either way I lived!  I'm still off caffeine and am sure it was the right decision.  The Teeccino is working great.

Peace has some heavy stressors as does Life so HH had a great word for them. 

I feel really happy right now.  Mom and I will again pray for everyone tonite.  Mom kept saying ..and Coop, help him too.. Haha.. She knows everyone's names.  Now for gender! 

Good night friends!  Nova, you are such a great comfort.  Your posts are always the furthest back in the thread when I read these.  Thank you for your wisdom.

MommyR

Life...that was exactly the note of levity we needed today...hilarious!...Life..I am so glad you are coming out of your depression...it is such torture...you are beyond strong to keep on marching through 4 weeks of it when every day seems endless. ...Go to the success stories and read Analog 's story....Healed After Seven Year 'Coma '....it is an amazing story. ..Life I am so happy to see you today...love and prayers to you buddy.....coop

JENNY....So so glad to hear that you had a bright and sunny window today...We are rounding 3rd base...not all the way home yet, but soooo close. ...Enjoy your very good day. ...

GREEN.....Sorry to hear that you have dizziness...mine lifted ( for the most part) after 3 days. Today just boatiness....Green, your positivity and optimism is always so encouraging and needed and welcome. When I said I didn't have the energy for rahrahrah I meant I didn't have the energy to do the internal dialouge for myself. ...I love all the positives...sometimes in the thick of an ongoing wave I just can't internalize it. ...You are beacon to us.

....I am hoping these tough waves past 8,9,10, and 11 months are the last big dark waves that HH and others over the hump talk about as ..the tsunami that precedes healing. ..love to you Green...thank you for all you do in this group. ..I had a little relief from dizziness with hot packs to the back of my neck and I wore these ridiculous accupressure bands on my wrists..( speaking of psychosomatic and woowooo people)...I think they helped ..at least on the psychosomatic level. ..lol...and there is always drammamine,  but I recommend the non-drowsy formula. I missed your question about Bonnie until yesterday. Bonnie is like drammamine it is an antihistimine like benedryl and drammamine. It is an antihistimine called mclazine and sold otc like benedryl and drammamine. I used the Bonnie for several days in a row ( about 7...12 mg 2x a day) I felt that I had w/d s/x when I stopped it. I called my pharmacist yesterday to ask about w/d and he said yes, if taken daily over a period of time stopping could be uncomfortable for a few days...I switched over to the non-drowsy drsmamine. Some buddies use benedryl ..or Bonnie for intense anxiety/ panic attacks or sleep. Some report that at some point it lost its sleep effect...The non-drowsy formula drammamine was helpful for dizziness but didn't help the anxiety surges that came with it.....I hope this one leaves you soon....coop

Coop, an antihistamine can work both ways on me, make me sleepy or make me fly.  That was before w/d.  I took Benadryl once at around 8 weeks off and got more anxiety, if that's at all possible.  Just letting you know some of these OTC meds cause more problems than they help

Ahhh, Lisa, I'm sorry you're suffering so much back and fourth.

I can tell you what my wave felt like. My brain locked up, acute symptoms, the feeling of never going to heal, for days.Nausea, dizziness, head pain, nerve pain in hips, legs, and butt. The usual depression and intrusive thoughts that go along with every wave.

When I come out of a wave now, I am able to recognize it is withdrawal, I'm not dying. I still suffer greatly out of a wave, it's just easier to manage as time passes.It's hard to explain but as more time passes you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

As the mind heals so do the physical symptoms.

I also lost a lot of weight and I have just recently put on seven pounds, that means my nervous system is calming down. Yes, I want sugar everyday, still can't have it, a bite of ice cream or frozen yogurt here and there.

We will all heal!!!!  Hugs.

Beulah, that's exactly where I'm at.  I even have a lot of the physical discomfort not in a wave.  But I'm grateful that it's "easier to mange," I guess you know what I mean.  Do you also get the very tired feeling?  lack of motivation to do much?  Is that common and does it pass?

Green, it's very common to feel all of the tiredness and lack of motivation. Look at what we have been through, I'm surprised I can still function at all. My motivation is getting better. Some days are better than others. A lot of days I think of things I would like and need to do but just can't get motivated.

The other day I felt really motivated and went to the craft store to get some supplies and when I got home I didn't want to do any crafts.

All of this stuff is just so up and down with us that we really don't know yet what we want. It's like nothing excites the brain anymore.

All of this will pass with time, which goes super slow when you are suffering.

We are brave soldiers. Hugs.

Thanks.  You're right, I'm not excited about anything.  In acute I used to dream of being able to do the things I used to love when I got better.  Now I'm like blah, as Jenny calls it.  It takes time, I know.

Good morning kids.  I seem to have slept but don't feel rested.  No mental funk so that's good.

For those of you on here who CT'd please help Mommyof2 with your advice.  She has tried to taper 4 times but is unable due to intense s/x of anxiety.  She is in tolerance.  I sent her to my Dr and he wants to pheno her but will keep her inpatient for a few months.  Jaso19 I hope you are reading this.

She seems to be allergic to everything.  W/d is tough no matter what.  Family is basically unable to understand what she is dealing with.  She also has 2 children ages 1 and 3. 

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=114635.0

Green-  you mentioned being sensitive to benedryl.  Never heard of this until mo2. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [jo...]
    • [Vo...]
    • [ho...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [je...]
    • [be...]
    • [ha...]
    • [du...]
    • [Ne...]